Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. View layout both as artboards and as continuous scrolling pages

Option for choosing different design visualization: artboards (as it is now) and scrolling pages like InDesign.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add cursor feedback on hover when holding the Option key

Holding Option to duplicate an element is missing the cursor feedback from PS / AI (the double arrow) when you are hovering over an element that can be duplicated.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Payload data based on current assets in a given design

Weight is an important aspect of Web design

• Calculate the payload based on exported assets and display data, as it influences design
    4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add new Repeat Grid cells to the left or above existing rows / columns

Hello!

Presently when I want to add an item to the repeat grid, I can only expand to the right or bottom of the grid to add items.

However, there are times when I realize I want to add a unique item to the top my pattern.

(An example: I want to create a mobile nav menu of 7 stacked labels. The client returns and wants to add one to the top. At present, I would need to expand at the bottom, then re-input the labels one by one.)

It would be super convenient if I could also expand to…

70 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Save custom libraries of shapes/icons to drag and drop

In photoshop, you can import .csh files that contain a myriad of UI icons and shapes, and then draw them in the same way as a rectangle or ellipse. This has been invaluable as i can simply choose the icon shape i wish to use, and then create it to the size i want. I understand that you can bring in vector objects from illustrator, but it would save time if a "custom shapes" option was added. Perhaps this would allow people to create a material design icon set, or an ios icon set that could be accessed on demand…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Adobe Bridge CC and XMP Metadata Integration

It would be great to have the possibility of integrate Comet's design files into a Bridge-Based workflow.

Support for XMP metadata, possibility to see/use the color swatches used into a document, quick thumbnails preview (Like ID files), keywording, etc...

Unfortunately many apps made by adobe over the time use files that does not integrates into Bridge workflow, like Muse, Edge Reflow, Edge Animate, other...

Francesco

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  07 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Set Default Style for Text Tool

Description:
    Once I select a font in TEXT panel I want this font to be default font every time I use the Text tool. Until I change it again.

Why is this valuable to you:
    Now you have to change font every time when you use Text tool — bad usability. Slows down the workflow.

Additional request 1:
    Also, it would be nice to set a base font size for the project. So that every time I use Text tool I'm suggested this exact size.

Additional request 2:
    Possibility to set up default global font sizes for <p>, <h1>, <h2>,…

655 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

46 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Note: there’s a limited version of this feature already available. If you select an existing piece of text and then leave it selected while you use the Text tool to create new text, its style will match the piece of text you had selected.

8. XD export feature to xCode

Add xCode export to the list of functions... great for informative apps

94 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

37 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Can you tell us more about how you’d like this to work? Do you want XD to export image assets and insert them directly into the correct folders/filenames in an existing Xcode project? Or do you want XD to generate Objective-C / Swift code to create a brand new Xcode project?

9. Tab through repeat grid text layers

When creating repeat grids for content, creating a table for example, having the ability to tab through the contents of a repeat grid would speed this process up significantly.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Only record mouse clicks on prototype record

At the moment, in prototype mode the circle follows the mouse on the recording. It would be good to have this act more like a finger does on a phone (which is not touching the screen all the time).

I would like the option to have the touch feedback only show on click (or touch).

This could also feed into recording from a device when device preview is available.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add Custom Artboard Size Preset

It would be great to have another section for Artboard presets that are your own. I have a few sizes I like to use that are not a preset and would be great if I could define my own name them and have a category of most used or user defined. Maybe Just a My category for presets. Thanks much I am loving this app a great deal keep up the awesome work!

112 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Change an interaction's start point

I would like to be able to change an interaction's start point after I've already set it. In my scenario going from a low-fidelity to high-fidelity design, there were certain objects I wanted to swap in for existing hot spots.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Repeat grid - move next row down when adding content makes items bigger

I don't know it's considered as a bug or if it's beaucause it's not final yet.

1. 0.5.0.4 Beta

2. Having a repeat grid with content in it already. Trying to add new element within the groups of the grid (which because of the logic of no layers, adds the object in each duplicate). Finally, move the whole group (normally considered as the reference object for the grid) to adjust the spacing in height of the content.

3. I was hoping when I drag the repeat grid handle down, the following content would take in account the respacing.

4. It does not.

5. Video attached.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Winnie,

Thank you for your feedback! We already have a feature in the backlog for adjusting the cell size based on the content and that will solve the issue you describe. Currently the size of the repeat grid cells is fixed and only their padding adjustable.

Kind regards,
    Florin

14. Prototyping behavior library

We might use XD for a lot of different design options. Web, iOS, Android, AppleTV etc... It would be nice, for a given platform to have specific actions of protyping for the most common ones (native interaction basics). In the form of a library of interaction behaviour.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Standalone installer

I'm a teacher at university who have a sort of CC team model installed on their computers. I wanted my students starts learning from beginning XD but unfortunately you can install it just via the CC app and there is no stand alone installer on line.

I know its not a feature request and its very specific request :)

810 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

608 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Select All should only apply to one art board.

Select All currently selects everything on every artboard. I'm not sure I would ever need that-- in fact it's potentially destructive. Select all should probably just apply to a single art board, with another item added to the menu (Select All Artboards).

Even better.. give us pages.

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Animation Presets for Individual Object Transitions

I'd love to have some animation presets, like in After Effect so I can make objects, on say page transitions, animate out or give objects animated user feedback so they know its been selected or it can't be selected. Also someway of custom animations through key framing would be cool.

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Import HTML (from URL) as editable static content in XD

I would like to import HTML or SWF files as content in XD.

Best Kenneth

184 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

39 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Kenneth, would you mind breaking out SWF import as a separate feature request? That way people can gauge whether people want both or which one is higher priority. I’ll remove SWF from the title here so it’s focused specifically on HTML import.

19. Create Artboard matching size of currently selected elements

Like Sketch's "Around selection" option

Create a custom size artboard

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Button press and hold

Press and hold capability for buttons with the ability to specify the length of the hold.
    Also would be good to allow multiple press and holds of different lengths on the same button that go to independent destinations. Example press and hold button for 2 seconds goes to artboard a. Press and hold same button for 4 seconds goes to artboard b.

231 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

36 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base