Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about

Request details

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Multiple interactions in the same artboard

Adding multiple interactions in the same artboard will be a lot helpful as drag might result in navigation to a different artboard and click might result in navigating to a different one.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Wireless live preview in mobile

A live preview without a USB cable would be great. Invision Studio does it well taking full use of its app in iOS as well as Android. XD enables Live Share through USB that also just in iOS. Enabling it for Android and making it wireless would be great. Currently, on Android, it's only possible to view files saved in the cloud. Invisionn does it well. Me being much of an XD person would like to see that come to XD as well

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Full Website HTML export

Having the option to properly export as a code to HTML, or wordpress temp, or even an ecommerce platform just like you find on Muse or Template Toaster would be awesome.

I believe there are some of us who wants to design and build a beautiful website without being tied to template and coding.
    Though, the ability to still code would always be welcomed for sure. Just some cases we might not need that, so having the option to export like in MUSE or Template Toaster or Webflow would be awesome.

Great job so far guys, really excited about the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  03 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Resize Master Components

Give us the ability to re-size master components after we create them. Currently if you add/change anything outside of the master component initial size, it gets masked off with no way to resize the master (and then all the instances) of the component.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Kill the obsolete title bar on the Windows app

Sure it looks like a small thing, but psychologically it feels like a huge step forward and lets Xd appear even more modern.
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/uwp/design/layout/page-layout

I attached a quick mockup on how a modern Windows app (Adobe Xd) could/should look like based on the Microsoft guidelines, without the obsolete title bar on top.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Custom Domain for Share Links and Design Specs

Request:

Make it possible to input a custom domain that will be used for generating both share links and design specs.

A current link example: https://xd.adobe.com/view/[random generated string of characters]

A preferred URL: https://companyname.com/clientname/comp

But I could live with: https://companyname.com/[random string of generated characters]

Value:

I work at an agency. We have historically created comps to share with clients by exporting designs as an image and manually building an HTML page on our development server.

Moving to XD has been great for our development group, but account managers don't like sending clients an Adobe link to review a comp, despite…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  03 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Group Components by Folders / Groups

It would be beneficial for us to be able to group components together for sorting purposes (i.e. Inputs, Buttons, etc.) This would help in keeping large counts of components organized between multiple projects.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Sort Components by Name

It would be beneficial for us to sort the Components list by name (Alphabetically). Reason being, when we attach the Cloud doc to a new project file, components seem to be in a random order. If we could re-sort the list alphabetically on each file, it would make organization of large counts of components much easier.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Extra information on the share button section

I'd like to see extra info displayed on the Share panel. Things like when you made a new link and the likes. I constantly get asked if I've shared a link or updated a prototype and then I can't remember. Info like this will help me.

One other thing that would be nice is an indication when an update has been pushed successfully. Currently, when the update has been pushed there is no feedback visually or auditory to indicate such an action. Imagine a chime along the lines of After Effects when a render is done. The panel closed sometimes…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Share Design System Assets WITHOUT allowing to edit

When sending an "Invite to Edit" instead of ALWAYS allowing people to edit the Master Design System file, give the option to just share the assets. Would be nice to share Design System Components/Assets with others without giving them access to edit it.

This would be a great way to share your Design System with others outside of your team, but keeping the editing of the file within your team.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  04 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. view all prototype triggers

I love the prototyping update rolled out today, but i have now lost the ability to see all of my triggers when i select an artboard - i used this feature as quite often i create trigger objects that are nested quite deep - i can now no longer see where these are without going through my layers panel. But even then, i need to look maybe 5-6 folders deep to find the layer that i have assigned a trigger too?

EG.
    1) I select the artboard
    2) I ctrl+click the object i know has a trigger
    3) i realise…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Give back the preserve scroll button to DESIGN

i ve just noticed you removed the preserve scroll position from design. This is a horrible thing for me. Doing that forces me to prototype EVERYTHING.

for example: i have 100 artboards that are unconnected due to time saving ( i dont need to prototype everything ) but moving that button forces me to do it becaus now i cant make a quick preview for my client where he can scroll up and down. Now i will have to connect ALL 100+ boards together.

why? Because when you are EXPORTING for REVIEW or DEVELOPMENT
    only the connected boards are being…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Relocating master components

Sometimes you need to reorganize your design system files. Once you have created a master components, you cannot move it to another file, and you are stuck with the current file forever.
    It would be great if you can just move your Master Component from one document to another.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Search Option in Installed Plugin Pannels

Search Option in the Installed plugin pannel, It is difficult to find the right plugin when you have installed lot of plugins.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  06 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. shortcut search

with the key ctrl + f you can search for elements

same as browser

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Make the keyboard shortcut for Assets/ Layers toggle the same

Please, can you make the keyboard shortcut to switch between the asset panel and layers the same?

My brain absolutely cannot get used to 'Shift' 'Command' + 'Y' to go to assets then 'Command' +'Y'. I end up turning off the panel and then turning it back on every time before doing the correct shortcut 🤪

Make it just be 'Command' + 'Y' to toggle assets and layers!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Master Component Versioning/Back Log

A way to review all edits/changes made to a master component. For instance, a team is sharing a Design System and wants to see all the changes made to a component should they need to revert back and see who on their team made the change.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. team cloud space

I want it so that the cloud space would work as a team space, not only the individual users.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Make installation via system account (Windows 10, enterprise env.), wo. a user profile available at the time of the installation possible

Currently it's not possible to deploy XD via MS SCCM because SCCM uses the system account which has no profile. This is a no no for large scale environments. If you let users manage their software each of them works with another version of the same product, which eventually leads to countless support calls ("why can't I access the XD files of team A? Why uses he features I don't have?") Furthermore you can't uninstall properly software via SCCM, if the user installed the respective Software, because the user has a profile where as the system account doesn't. Currently I'm…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 101 102
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base