Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about
--------------------------------------------
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: On August 30, 2019 User Voice Bugs forum will transition to read-only.

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Turn the asset panel into a sass variable and export the sass file.

I'm a developer and I need to turn a designer's design into css code.
    The assets panel now has only one group of colors. But the css divide the colors into background-colors, border-colors, and font colors.Can the asset panel add these groups so that they are consistent with the web code?

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  04 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Paste in front like illustrator

Can we have a simple paste in front feature like we have in Illustrator to cut selected layers and paste on top of selected layer. It will help to manage the layer stack quickly.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Assets panel classify the colors into border-colors and background-colors.

Now that the assets panel only has colors, I need to classify the colors into border-colors, background-colors, and shadow-color.In addition, we need to add a new category of border-radius.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I would like to link to specific pages/artboards in my XD file.

Because we are using the XD file as a Source of Truth for the product team (Zeplin for the developers). Each feature is spelled out in a ticket, and I would like to link to the page referred to thereof. It's cumbersome for everyone to have to navigate to it for each ticket. This is a dense dashboard product.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  03 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. I would like to link to specific pages/artboards in my XD file.

Because we are using the XD file as a Source of Truth for the product team (Zeplin for the developers). Each feature is spelled out in a ticket, and I would like to link to the page referred to thereof. It's cumbersome for everyone to have to navigate to it for each ticket. This is a dense dashboard product.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  03 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Tutorial for a prototype visitor / client

You are making a great job with providing little Feature tutorials lately (like for ex. Fresco)... I wish there would be a same kind of tutorial in Prototype Mode for my clients... Coz people do not understand what they have to do, when they open my shared link. And I can not really help them, coz they are literally miles away...

I have to provide them with kinda shaddy image explanation myself ^^ In general I wish the buttons on the web share were more like buttons... Bit bigger, bit color... Coz people overlook those tiny arrows at the bottom…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Color Picker should display hex, rgb and hsb values at the same time

I really tend to switch between color modes in my color picker. Especially in the importing/exporting assets design phase... So I really would like to see all the color codes at the same time, just like in Photoshop or Illustrator... This would be really awesome and a big help! Thanx!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Mimic InDesign's CMD select when you're in a tool

When you're in a tool other than Select, you can't quickly select another layer/object unless you jump out of the tool first. In InDesign, you can hold CMD while you're in the tool to allow selecting. CMD is already established as the key to use when selecting within a group.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Overlay Positioning

It would be great if you could position an overlay below any layer/layer group on an artboard, so that you could slide a menu from below a header or side bar.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Scroll in review window with keyboard

1. Description
    When viewing a prototype, a user can scroll between views using the left and right keyboard arrow keys but cannot scroll up or down on the current prototype with the keyboard. Some viewers have been unable to scroll with their mouse. Without a visible scrollbar they have been left only seeing what's above the fold line.

On Mac I've discovered that pressing fn+arrow up/down will sort of page you down, but it's not smooth and not intuitive. Simply using arrow keys as you would using a browser (or something close) would be ideal.

2. Why is this valuable…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. overwrite primary component

I often forget to select the primary/master component and do my modifications at an instance. For that it would be nice to use this modificated instance to overwrite the primary/master component (right click).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. PAGES PLEASE!!!

Please could you add pages to XD in design mode so i dont have to have multiple XD files for the same design

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Font Search Sort (Serif / Sans Serif)

I am a designer and I often need to find a font with the font scroll search feature. Usually I am looking for a sans serif font and it would be EVER SO WONDERFUL if there was a way to select either Serif or Sans Serif before activating the search. If sans serif is selected, only sans serif tail-less fonts would appear in the dropdown and display as you scroll through the list. (If this is a killer idea - which I think you will find it is if you do some research - and you implement it, feel free…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Poor quality exporting at 1x

Since the last update while we export at 1x (png, jpeg or whatever) the quality is very poor.

Please fix it as soon as possible!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. XD App loading screen Hangs / Freeze Fix

I have found a Bug when using special characters and want to preview it on the App.

My XD App kept on crashing during loading screen of an artboard or file.
    I have found the problem.
    It was when I was using special characters such as "Ⓒ" even with the font-type Roboto .. that it crashes.

When removing this the artboard loaded normally

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Ability to stop Share Link creating

Add feature to cancel the share link being created will help speed up design & review process.

WHY?
    Sometimes when you share for review or development the link takes forever to generate, and then ends up failing anyway. Being able to cancel and restart with/without and adjust export settings might help speed this up.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Anchor Overlay to Object (when object repositioned, reposition overlay with it).

Choose an object to which the Overlay is attached/anchored to. When you move the object, the overlay automatically moves with it.

Would work in design mode as well as prototype mode.

Examples:
    - Design mode: I have an info button on a page. When clicked, an overlay with more info shows on top of the info button. While designing the page, with each iteration I reposition the info button number of times and have to adjust the corresponding overlay manually. If it was attached to the object (info button), I would not have to do that. (now imagine I have…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Interactive Symbols

Could there be a way to create the same concept as components but as interactive symbols? An interactive symbol would control the interactive properties without effecting the destination. Therefore, I will know what type of interactions I am using throughout my prototype and easily change the interaction properties on the fly throughout the prototype.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow scrolling of assets while text is selected.

1. DESCRIPTION

When selecting text it's not possible to scroll through the assets panel in order to select text styles and/or colors. The user is forced to de-select the text, scroll to the desired asset, re-select the text, and then finally apply the style or color.

2. VALUE

It would save about 10 million clicks a year. And me a nervous breakdown :-)

3. SCREEN CAPTURE ATTACHED

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Auto animate not working properly in Android App

I'm trying to view my prototype on the Android App but I just can't make the auto animate works properly. I open the file in the web browser (desktop) and it works fine, but not on my smartphone. I'm using Android 8.0, Samsung SM-A520F with the last version of XD app.

I can't share the project here, but, for example, I have a button that has to simply grown and show some content. Works Ok with auto animate in web browser and file preview in desktop. When in the app, the animation just don't exist (transition effects seems to work…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  08 : Mobile (Android)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 104 105
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base