Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about

Request details

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Navigator

Having a pan-around Navigator like in Illustrator / Photoshop would be very helpful. I often have 20+ artboards (sometimes a few hundred) and it's hard to find the one i need without zooming out, and then back in.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Sessions With Adobe XD Customers

If Adobe could provide online sessions, or in their stores, with customers who use Adobe XD. To explain, many people aren't familiar with the tool and it takes a lot of practice. This occurs to me, and one of the big tech companies are already doing this, Apple. There is something called 'Today At Apple,' which includes loads of different sessions to help customers. (Link https://www.apple.com/today/) If Adobe XD could include this within the app on Mac or the phone app, it would be useful for it's customers.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Wire across documents

Allow prototyping wires to connect to artboards in different documents. The web prototype would let users navigate seamlessly between pages that are sourced from multiple documents.

When the designs for an interface are too massive to live in a single document, we break them up so each section is in its own document (ex: a product with ~150 various screens). However, all the docs are still part of a single product, and need to be wired together for a cohesive prototype.

I'd like an option in prototyping mode to connect a wire to another document.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Set layer order to match destination artboard before auto-animating

When auto-animating to another artboard, currently the order of layers in the layer panel is as it appears in the source artboard, and doesn't update to the order in the destination artboard until the animation is complete. This results in layers being covered by other layers, making it difficult to simulate an element scaling and rising above other elements on the z axis (see attachment).

It would be preferable if the order of layers in the layers panel was first updated to the order in the destination artboard, then the animation begins.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Asset colors in the color picker to fix the Stroke with Asset Color problem

The UX/UI is broken in XD. Select an object then select an Asset Color and it only applies to the fill. There is no swap colors between fill and stroke like in Illustrator. The only way to apply a preset color to a stroke is by using the eye dropper tool and then there's no recursive updating of the color. If there is an asset color change you *MUST* go through every stroke applied to objects and eye dropper the updated color, or copy and paste the appearance.

Was just informed that you can right click on an Asset Color…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. download files from cloud documents to local computer

If cloud documents cannot be opened directly inside XD, please allow us to download the file locally so we can work on it further.

Currently because of the "getFileSizeSync(): File argument must be a string" I cannot open a file that is a cloud document file.

Maybe a download file in the Assets Website will do.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  03 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Default swatches panel

The ability to have a series of default colour swatches that loads with a new document - same as PS and AI. Saves alot of time for wireframing having the series of grey swtaches available rather than creating new each time

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Live Previews of Prototypes in Slack

When I paste a link into Slack, I'd like to see a Live Preview of my prototype.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  04 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Restart animation in preview mode

I'd like to be able to restart an animation without leaving Preview mode.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Assign an object/group to an artboard for auto animate.

If I want to use auto animate to have an object/group move onto the screen from off of it (or vice versa), I have to group it with an invisible object that stays on the screen so that XD knows the object/group is a part of that artboard when it is off-screen. I could be totally missing a way around this but I can't find anything about it online. If there was a way to assign an object to an artboard even if it isn't touching said artboard, that would fix this problem.

Essentially this makes adding new animations a…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Giver greater contrast to text edit background color

It's very hard to tell when text is in edit mode on the canvas.. there isn't enough contrast like there is when placed on a white background like an artboard

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Ability to export entire screens at a custom size

I would like the ability to export entire screens at a custom size for use in promotional designs and print settings. When choosing "export for design" it exports it at an unusable quality with no option to export at a higher resolution. When everything is being designed with vector elements it makes no sense that I can't export at a higher resolution. The only workaround I have found is to export for android and only take the highest resolution, but this is a hassle and still somewhat limiting.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  04 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. change cmd select to choose objects sequentially through hierarchy

if you have an item within a group when you hold cmd and select it first selects the group and THEN the specific item and you can sequentially drill down through groups and items this way.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. select multiple items from different artboards

When I search for an item, say object A, and there is an object A on several artboards, I want to be able to select them all by shift+selecting the object A's that come up when I search for object A in the layers panel. It would be very helpful if I wanted to change the color or move/size them using the X/Y H/W in the inspector relative to their respective artboard.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow measure tool to measure items outside a group without being in that group

Right now I have a bunch of objects grouped together so I can move them all around and resize them responsively. But when I want to measure the distance between something outside that group with something inside that group it only gives me the measurement from the perimeter of the group. It would be nice if measurements ignored groups. I find myself having to move stuff in and out of said group to make measurements.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Go to previous versions of prototype links

Possibility to see the previous versions if you update the prototype link by mistake

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  03 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Flexible Noding

Hello Dear All,

In Prototype tab i have dozens artboards and drag and drop noding currently only working in visible window frame (pretty hard to connect them from far away), it would be nice to during noding drag and hold and near the window frame moving towards to direction, also would be nice to drag and hold node and scroll wheel zoom in/out then connect to desired point.

For example; Unreal Engine Blueprinting!

Thank you & Best Regards

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Randomize Artboard Trigger Action

Hello Dear All,

It would be really nice to click and reaching random page! Therefore node system should able to multiple connections between artboards then we can choose 'random' in actions!

Thanx

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Responsive text made easier

Please make it so that the style of the text you have selected highlights the style used in the left hand styles column.

ALSO please give us the option to set responsive sizes for the text styles. In other words the style sniffs the page width and selected the break point from within the style.

THANKS

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 96 97
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base