Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Link used Fonts.

Currently if you're using a font (say Work Sans) and you have a specific style in your Character Style sheet, in your Master Ui Kit.
    Lets say then you're working on a sister document and you change the weight or style of the font, in the right panel of XD. (from Regular to Bold)
    The new Work Sans Bold doesn't obviously automatically appear in your Character Style Asset Panel.

What happens later, after you've been free designing a bunch of artboards.
    You might end up with lots of font's that arn't linked to your Master Ui Kit.
    If you could…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  09: Design Specs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Search for artboards when setting up prototypes

Please add a means to search for an artboard when setting up a destination for prototypes.

Currently I am working with a file that has over 200 artboards. I realize that one can start typing for an artboard name if you know the name. However, it is not working for me, properly, because I can't find the board. Even typing it correctly.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. share link

I think it will be useful to transform the share link from that really long line like "https://xd.adobe.com/view/ahsh4h5ajhsakdask342342kk141k" into something shorter like how bitly do.
    https://adobe.ly/ajf432kas

Visually looks really strange seeing that long share link.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  03 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Placeimg.com style mock assets

The ability to designate a box as a dummy asset of a certain theme so that it displays an appropriate image (roughly the same size and theme). For example, when creating mockups on the web I've been using placeimg.com to show temp assets. If I had a nature web site and wanted to show a 340x340 image I would just reference https://placeimg.com/340/340/nature and it would show a random nature image for the demo.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Folders for cloud files

There doesn't seem to be a way to create subfolders or directories for cloud saved files. I work in an agency on multiple projects, and the inability to organize files into different projects or brands, or to move older versions of files into a backup archive is a problem.

(This mainly is a problem when trying to create shared component libraries, since as far as I understand, those have to be saved as cloud files to work)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Low-fidelity Wireframe kits and components...

Need to have components, objects, UI kits, etc written to support, Low-Fedelity wireframes. Reason for this is their the only ones that work well with Design lead workshops and ideation workshops.
    This because the users don't get distracted and overwhelmed by details like in the high fidelity mode.

Currently use balsamiq for this, but XD should be a better alternative with this feature request implemented.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Preserve CC Library Vectors when importing from Photoshop to XD

I have vectors in my CC library for various logos and symbols. I originally started my projected in Photoshop. When I imported my PSD into XD, all the vectors were converted to low resolution PNGs with no dynamic links to the CC library.
    If this program is truly meant to fit the ecosystem, it needs to preserve those CC Library links across every platform, including communications between Photoshop, Illustrator and XD.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  06 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. More Robust Text Options

Like photoshop, being able to set left/right indents. Also having the ability to set different before/after spacing and leading in the same text box to eliminate having to have a lot of text boxes on an artboard.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Show in finder

It would be nice to retain conventional MacOS interface integration such as "show the file in finder" when window bar is right(command) clicked.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  06 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Slow and Crashing

Adobe XD seems to be slow and crashing while opening, even in the last project I have done while I was exporting artboards, that process was slow too. It's happening after the last update I have made in August,2019.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Shape Builder Tool in XD

It would be really useful to have the Shape Builder Tool in XD like we do in Illustrator. It really accelerates the design process since we can do everything in one application.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. ROUND CORNER OPTION ON ALL LINEAR POINTS

Please add round corner option on all linear points.
    ITS A BASIC OPTION "SKETCH" HAVE IT (please check) and
    It is very use-full when you distort a rectangle for an asymmetric view and wanted round corner to be adjusted... at the movement XD have NO WAY TO ADJUST THE CORNERS OF AN ASYMMETRIC RECTANGLE PATH...other than manually adjust the tangents...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Please give us the ability add multimedia assets to Adobe XD

It would be nice if we could add multimedia assets such as videos, audio, and music to Adobe XD. Otherwise, the only way we can model multimedia website content is with static content or placeholders.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Ability in share settings to select "grid"/thumbnail view when using "Share for Review" or "Share for Development"

When I am sharing screens and not creating a prototype, more often than not I would rather link to the grid of thumbnails for all of my screens. This is easier for my team and clients to get a broad picture of what is available to review, and how those different screens relate to each other.

Currently, to use that link, I either have to manually type "/grid" to the end of the URL or open the link, click the grid icon, and copy the URL again.

If I am missing something or if there is a better way to…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  03 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Components shadows disappearing in prototype view

Components that have shadows are no longer displaying in prototype view

In design mode the shadows look find, but once you view your designs in prototype view any component which has a drop shadow is not displaying.

Instead of showing the original shadow it is now being turned into a weird background effect which is contained/clipped to the component area

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Ellis,

Are you seeing this behavior only with components which have fixed position set in prototype mode? Or are there other cases?

If it’s the above case, we’re pushing an update soon that addresses that issue.

-Sherif

16. Organized Color Palette

We have our colors from different contexts defined, ex selection colors, background colors etc. Now when we have added them in the document, they come randomly and not organized. This makes the color usage vulnerable to mistakes & confusion. Please give us an option to separate out chosen DLS colors. Thank you :)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Support for SF Symbols

As Apple will encourage to use SF Symbols from iOS 13 and later, it could be great to add the support inside Adobe XD so iOS designers can also use this software once Apple make their UI Kit available for XD.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  07 : Mobile (iOS)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Export all artboards to a single image (or a single PDF page)

I need to export all artboards to a unique image in order to see the workflows and the global interaction. This image should preserve the order of artboards on the canvas.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Hover

Hover must have feature

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Stroke Gradients and Path/Stroke Expand option

It's possible to give gradient on stroke on buttons and other shapes through coding. earlier in Photoshop, I used to do so but after moving to Adobe XD Its been a year I am waiting for this feature. Hope It will be resolved soon. It's very important and useful feature to create minimalistic designs with gradients and other creativity.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 103 104
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base