Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Preview of fonts

Please make it possible to preview fonts!!! It's a program dealing with text and layout. New user and imagined this to be basic. Would make everything so much easier and better. And end products coming out of this soft wear surely nicer ;)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  09 : Mobile (Android)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Let artboard grow with content

If a stacked group grows vertically, then let the artboard grow with it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Allow 'stack' feature for an entire artboard!

Allow 'stack' feature for entire content of an artboard! This would be amazing! Now I have to put everything in one group to do that – this wouldn't be necessary if we make the entire artboard to a vertical stack!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Menu to select specific layers under your cursors click-position

I would love to right-click on a spot and go to a layers-list and see all layers underneath my cursor so I can "dig deep" and even select locked layers by simply right-clicking on them, go to "layers" and then see a hierarchy of everything (even locked items) and select the one I want and change it/remove it. See screenshot for further explanation (As in Sketch and Figma).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Menu to select specific layers under your cursors click-position

I would love to right-click on a spot and go to a layers-list and see all layers underneath my cursor so I can "dig deep" and even select locked layers by simply right-clicking on them, go to "layers" and then see a hierarchy of everything (even locked items) and select the one I want and change it/remove it. See screenshot for further explanation (As in Sketch and Figma).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Built-in iOS Library

Having an online/built-in library for iOS, similar to the Sketch iOS library, that is synced with a library created by Apple. This library generated by Apple is constantly updated with the latest design patterns and components. This will enable us to be up to date on the iOS designs, and be in sync with the master file.
    https://developer.apple.com/design/resources/

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  08 : Mobile (iOS)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. default stroke

Enable preferences to turn off default behavior of stroke being "on" and applied to everything. I rarely ever use it when create UI elements. I saw forum requests for this but it seemed like folks where directed here to create a feature request. i didn't see anywhere to +1 the idea - or any feature requests w/ this.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Use ALT/Option key + click and drag to duplicate object in stack.

As an Adobe Xd user that uses many stack groups, I would like to quickly duplicate individual items within a stack.

See video attached for example:
    1. Outside of stack groups the default behavior of holding ALT/Option key while clicking and dragging an object is to duplicate it.
    2. Holding ALT/Option key on an object within a stack group does nothing.
    3. (Workaround) Copy / Pasting an object within a stack group with Command+C & Command+V duplicates the object in the correct location.

This is 1 of 2 minor bugs I've found with stacks, but I think I'm only finding…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Pasting object into stack group should align it with the rest of the stack instead of its original location.

As an Adobe Xd user that uses many artboards & different stack groups, I would like for pasted items to align with the rest of the stack group when adding more objects instead of pasting in the exact same coordinates that it's pasted from.

See video attached for example:
    1. I copy an object that I want in a different stack (this can be any object on any artboard)
    2. I double-click into the stack group to paste the new object.
    3. Paste the object
    4. The resulting object is pasted at the exact coordinates that it was copied from…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Element rotate animation

It is hard to circular rotation using auto-animation. We need rotation time and speed input field.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Application frame toggle for XD

Application frame for Adobe products are great stuff, I been using since years, I love this features across most of Adobe products specially Illustrator and Photoshop. Please give the same feature in Adobe XD too, that will be very handy and increases usability of the application specially if we are dragging assets comparing different XD widows/projects, creating user flow and persona/flow charts and many other features.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Default CC Library to open view by group

I have created group folders for my assets in the library file but each time I open I have to choose to view by group as the default is by type. And sharing the lbrary with the team also presents the same issue. Whichever state the library was last saved in should be the default.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Default folders to collapsed in CC Library panel

When opening a library file it would be good to have the folders collapsed or have a choice of collapsing all at once. Otherwise its complete overwhelming as a starting point.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Direction control of the "Stack" feature

The "Stack" feature added recently is very useful, it helps a lot when designing components, but it is still limited.

Today the default behavior is always to push the elements to the right, and this is not the correct thing every time.

The resource could have a way of defining which way the elements will be pushed, similar to the responsiveness control.

Example: In a navbar I have buttons that are fixed on the right, when updating the button text, alignment on the right is lost.

Attachments:
    "Stack example - Master component.png" shows the master component and the configuration used.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Parallax scrolling feature

this would make vertical scroll groups smooth in mobile preview.
    In case we would want to scroll through a particular section, while allowing the section fill the viewport height.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. CC library as separate file that can be edited

In Axure you set your library up as a file on its own. You edit the elements there and they are available to use on any file when you open it. Can we have libraries setup like this.
    - It woud then make it a lot easier to edit elements rather than deleteing from the library and readding them.
    - all assets could be linked to a library instead of tied to a document where they were created making it much easier to manage assets in once place than figuring out which linked asset was in which file.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  06 : Extensibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Dividers in CC library window

Abilty to have dividers or grouping of folders in the library file. Currently I have a lot of groups of things in one long list i have created folders just as dividers so i can better group folders of content but having built it dividers would solve this.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add icon category in assets

Instead of creating components, Icons could have a separate category in assets. This could help organize the project and could be used to generate a separate zip file for download for the developers.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Open Prototype in New window / new browser tab

Add option to Open Prototype in New window / new browser tab. for ex. if I wanted to open menu item in new tab / new browser window, I cant found any such feature in XD. that's the basic option to add. long live XD

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 127 128
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base