Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about
--------------------------------------------
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: On August 30, 2019 User Voice Bugs forum will transition to read-only.

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Changing a color in the assets group should update locked items

Locked items currently won't be updated while locked, but the only reason i personally lock items is so that they are not clickable and i can select multiple assets on top.

However if the locked layer is using a global color i believe it should change with all my other assets. If i didn't want it to change color i would manually change it to something else.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. hover effect ( default state)

Hello, can be added button to select hover effect by default, beaucause now all time need to switch manualy after edit some of states

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. hover effect ( default state)

Hello, can be added button to select hover effect by default, beaucause now all time need to switch manualy after edit some of states

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Copy/Paste a wire or move wire to different asset

Example: I have a tap trigger, auto-animating to the next screen when tapping the entire screen. The more work I do, I realize I want to keep that effect but move it to a button instead of the entire screen being the trigger.

It would be great if I could move that wire from the entire initial artboard to a button element or maybe copy the wire, delete it, paste it onto the button. As of now I have to delete it, redraw it, remember what timing/easing I used originally and re-create.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Ability to Turn Off Coediting!!!

Add the ability to turn off coediting. It's creating all kinds of issues, and can't be turned off. It's absolutely appalling that this feature would be introduced without the ability to turn it off after enabling it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Native keyboard support for Xd

Please let Adobe XD take advantage of iOS and Android keyboard for wireframing to allow the input of dynamic characters in text boxes.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Need the ability to change interaction labeling by using voice command in XD.

The voice command with programmed speech playback can be of extreme use. I can have it store solutions if I say something like task 253 and it spits out the solution in voice, text, and/or another page or overlay.

Having a search filter for that area would be great too per page.

Please add me to a rewards list somewhere for the idea. : )

https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/need-the-ability-to-change-interaction-labeling-by-using-voice-command-in-xd/td-p/10792493

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Hover state is laggy

I just want to say that the hover state is quite laggy, if I have a sidebar navigation with each item having a hover state - it lags quite a lot to show the hover states.

Currently we are removing all hover states, but it will be great to get these as speedy as if it were coded in a web CSS prototype.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. States be retained across canvases, and retained as children

Having a card component with a hover state, and within this card component is a checkbox.

If I hover over the card component and mark the checkbox as selected, when the card component goes back to regular mode as I am not hovering any longer - the checkbox unchecks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Text layer line-height represented by the bounding box of text

The text layer currently keeps the same bounding box around it, whether the line-height is 20px or 200px. Similar to CSS the text layer bounding box should represent the line-height (and have text centered in middle).

This could by slightly remedied by setting the height of a bounding box, but there isn't any option to middle align the text within the box height.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Layers Panel - Rename without tapping 'Enter' to confirm

Maybe it's just me, but I find it super annoying to have to hit "Enter" to rename my layers. Once I've double-clicked (or right-clicked > Rename) as soon as I am in that state, whatever I type should overwrite whatever was there and remain that way, whether I click on the artboard next, or another layer, etc.. I should not have to make my change and then hit 'Enter' and I definitely should not see my newly entered layer name revert because I clicked on something besides the 'Enter' key on my keyboard.

It seems like a small thing until…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Going back to instance after editing master

A frequent flow is to edit master (ctrl+shift+k) and then zoom out, find the instance I was working on, zoom in+pan and continue the work.
    It would be very nice having a way to do the reverse flow (going back to previous instance to continue the work in the same windows I was without the zoom+hand).

I wondered the possible solutions:
    - A temporary floating button after going to master to return to the instance.
    - Shortcut to return to the previous instance.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Resizing component automatically when changing/adding text

Sketch recently introduced Smart layout which has the ability to automatically adjust components (symbols) when, for example editing text in a component. This happens a lot and instead of having to do this manually why can't a button box adjust automatically when I increase my text size? it's such an intuitive behavior, please add this to your toolbox)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Swap the position of elements

Swap the position of elements by clicking "Flip Horizontally" or "Flip Vertically" when I choose multiple objects

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Keep a drawn path as paths when copyied from Illustrator to Adobe XD

keep paths as paths when copying elements from Illustrator to Adobe XD

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Textfield editable on XD Design-Review

It would be really useful, if reviewers could klick on a textfield and add the Text they want on the textfield.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Lentitud al compartir link, se pone lento equipo pc

When I share link between group of work, the preview make pc works slow, make the project doesn't work properly, in good mode.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Phone camera prototype

For AR apps and similar where a phone camera is needed, it'd be nice to have a plugin that enables either prototyping with the actual phone camera access or components to easier design overlays for camera view.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Full app for Android or Chrome OS

I know that iPad OS is probably a bigger focus for developing thus, but it would be amazing to see Adobe develop apps like Adobe XD for not only iPad, but also Android or Chrome OS. I recently switched away from an iPad Pro to a Chrome tablet, and I definitely would love to keep using Adobe's software if I can! But right now there's sadly not a lot available for Chrome OS or Android as compared to iPad.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  09 : Mobile (Android)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Set color when editing text in assets panel

The Text Component Edit Panel should feature the same colour palette picker as the one in the Appearance panel.

I don't know how this has slipped through but it's quite clear the Colour Picker Panels need to be consistent.
    See attached: Text component panel and colour picker from the Appearance panel.

There's no reason for the component panel to not feature the palette and make it easy to maintain consistency.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 111 112
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base