Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. Two things:
    1) A shortcut keystroke to enter the fields. InDesign has this already. I think AI does too.
    2) For math operations, it would be nice if I didn't have to get the cursor to blink at the right edge before typing my operation (* 2, /3, etc.). Why not just have the field recognize the operation? If someone enter +, -, /, or * just perform that function.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Thanks for your feedback! These are actually two different feature requests, so it would be great if you could file the second one again (math operations). I’ll focus this request for the shortcut to enter the width/height.

2. Because we are using the XD file as a Source of Truth for the product team (Zeplin for the developers). Each feature is spelled out in a ticket, and I would like to link to the page referred to thereof. It's cumbersome for everyone to have to navigate to it for each ticket. This is a dense dashboard product.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. We need a way to embed XD prototypes into Confluence Cloud much like InVision currently allows. We use Confluence to communicate with customers and to handle the sharing of designs and specifications with developers, QA, Doc, etc...

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Powered by machine learning, Eyetato predicts where your users are going to look on your app. Based on thousands of real eye tracking tests. Meant to provide you with deeper user insight. It’s already supported by adobe design fund.

https://www.prototypr.io/toolbox/eyeato/

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Admin →
  5. Just something minor, but would be quicker if we don’t have to right click to edit the character styles, but just could double klick to change the settings of the style.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. My idea is to have a real looking or clay mockup like device frame when viewing prototypes like Invision studio is planning to do!

44 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. a plugin to use webcam for tracking eye motions of the user [when using an XD interactive prototype]

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. When making text a component, can the name of the component be the what is in the line of text?

Example: I have a text box that says 'Home' in my nav that I want to add a hover to. When I select the text box press + in the PI on the right to make a component and add a hover, it has renamed my layer/new component "Component 2 – 1". Would rather it rename "Home - Component" or something so I don't have to re name every nav item in my layers and components on the name level.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I work with developers, and we found a little problem during the export of assets for android : The folder where are exported the assets are named "drawable-hdpi" … or now, I don't know exactly from when, the folder to make an app is called "mipmap-hdi" …

It depends on actually of some projects (sometimes you can still use drawable and sometimes not), but it will be a good idea to add a function to choose the name of folders :)

Can you fix it for another update? Thank you!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. When I design, I often put several paragraphs or bulleted lists in the same text box. When I share my designs with my developer, it is difficult for him to get only the text he needs from the shared development document. When you click on the "Content" section in the right developer spec panel, it automatically copies all of the text in the box (see screenshot).

It would be helpful if there were a way to highlight and select only a portion of the text in the content box that you could then copy using a shortcut. You could grab…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Having a pan-around Navigator like in Illustrator / Photoshop would be very helpful. I often have 20+ artboards (sometimes a few hundred) and it's hard to find the one i need without zooming out, and then back in.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. "Mask with Shape" always selects the top object as the mask, but sometimes we want the bottom object to be the mask.

The selection order, or an additional buttom, should provide the option to choose who's the mask.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Thanks for an awesome product and for valuing community requests!

I'm very interested in incorporating variable fonts to our UI, especially for navigation states where font weights change on hover without changing the character/word/line width. But currently I have no way to design using these fonts in XD -- all of the style variations are set in CSS axes definitions, not by specing a font weight or transform element. Adding the font to my computer does load it to my list in XD, but there's only one weight: Regular. No italics, no weights, no widths, no serif variation, no nada.…

224 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have started working on showing all artboards present in a Design specs link as thumbnails which will be the New page overview. We will also show which artboards have comments in it against corresponding artboard thumbnail that is shown in that page overview.

15. Designers should be able to have the Grid enabled or disabled overall, or for any artboard in addition to visible/hiddensettings. Having to enable every grid on artboards before publish seems like an unnecessary part to add to the work flow.

The Layout grid could simply have 2 Main options:

Enabled - if enabled, the developer on design specs would be able to view/hide the layout grid
    Disabled - if disabled, the developer on design specs would not be able to turn on or view the layout grid

And then the normal checkbox of viewing would still applied if "Enabled" has…

49 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Hi guys.

I would like to share my UI & AE animation to my team and clients such as real app or web-page (but as an interactive prototype).

It would be great export from XD to AE and export back to XD for finishing a prototype and publish.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. When working on a project with a whole lot of Artboards, its nice to have an option to Add a Prefix to the Artboard Name when Exporting.

This will reduce the Name of the Artboard while working, this you you don't see repetitions in the Sidebar too. You will also be able to fit more of the title, when you are linking in Prototype mode.

Thanks

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. The November release is fantastic. But I noticed in the share UI the drop down says user testing. User testing implies you are testing the user. This is the exact opposite of what we are trying to accomplish. Usability testing is more accurate because you are testing the usability of the design. Would love to see the wording change and I bet I’m not the only one.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. This might sound like a crazy idea.. but since the introduction of components I have felt the need to have multiple instances of a master component on the canvas.

Problem: Say I have an artboard with a master component (a collection of master components for overview). In another artboard I have an instance of the component where it sits in context. Today I often start editing the instance component by mistake which just makes overrides to the component when I actually want to just update the component globally and in context. Instead of having the instance of the component I…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Currently, when you copy text from Sketch and paste them in XD, the XD breaks the text into a bunch of random small text boxes instead of one text box (see attached image). We need all the text to be in one text box, not many small text boxes.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)