Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about
--------------------------------------------
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: On August 30, 2019 User Voice Bugs forum will transition to read-only.

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Option to keep share links after filename is changed/ save as in XD

Apparently some people want to automatically delete the already created links each time they save their file as a new one.

But this is not the case for everyone!

I need to keep my link history even if I saves as a new file.
    (I don't get how people can not just create new links)

This was a very important good point of XD for my team, clients and I, and now I have to explain to everyone that I will have to share a new link, or simply keep the same file even if I have big change on…

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Change owner of cloud document

A member of our team is leaving. The only way we can change ownership of her files is to have her download them and share them locally. This is fine and all but it breaks all the links to the document so I have to go into the various places we share the link, like JIRA, and add new links.

I would prefer that we could just change ownership of the file to another team member.

69 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Responsive layout rules and layer navigation for devs

Here are a few ideas, all related to allowing devs better fulfill a designer's vision.

As a developer, I want to be able to see responsive layout rules, so that I may develop a product that behaves exactly as the designer intended when its UI is displayed in screens of different sizes.

As a developer, I want to be able to resize the preview's artboard, so that I may better understand the layout rules in real time.

As a developer, I want to be able to see and navigate the UI's layers, so that I may organize my coded UI…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Remove Share in keyboard shortcut when tabbing between Design, Prototype, Share

Love the new update with states, versioning and co-editing!!! Awesome!!!

Though there's one thing in the new update that is quite annoying. When working I always tab between between Design and Prototype mode using Ctrl + tab. The new update expects me to Design then prototype and then share. I feel the share screen gets in the way when toggling between design and prototype.

For me my workflow is:
    Design -> Prototype -> Design -> Prototype -> Design -> Prototype (and then Share after many iterations)

The new change "forces" me to go to the Share screen after each prototype…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Elements disappear when share link is opened on mobile

It would be nice if share links were optimized better on mobile devices. As of right now there are a lot of bugs. Lagging, disappearing elements. Clients like to look at projects on their own devices, but they're not all going to have adobe XD on their own phones. Here's an example of what my screen looks like in XD and what it looks like with a mobile share link. Adobe please fix this.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add annotations for custom code to export, shown in published Specs view

It would be nice to have an area that you could have exportable code like html and css. Also allowing you to add in any related custom code for a particular element that you click on in the dev spec.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Enterprise wide sharing (entire org)

A way to set a link (prototype and/or design specs) as "share within my organization", so anyone with the link and with an email within my enterprise domain can access the link.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Keep comments as you update link to prototype

I wish you could keep comments as you update the link to a prototype. I don't believe that's possible now. It's good to be able to look back at what others have said in the past. Perhaps even being able to see the version history of a prototype that has gone through multiple rounds of feedback.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Invite to folder for collaboration (on all contained files)

We have the collaborate on a single file feature added - now we need some tools to manage large groups of prototypes across a team. One simple way to do this is the allow inviting others to collaborate on all prototypes in a folder rather than needing to invite a group of people to each individual file.

I would expect this to be recursive down into each subfolder, if any are present.

Even more ideal might be to allow inviting people at the cloud documents level (ideally for teams who cross collaborate on multiple prototypes)

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Remember previously closed grid view option

Every time I navigate to the page I have to click the little bird's eye view box to close it. Maybe remember user interaction.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Screens overview on the web

I’d love to have a sort of an overview of all screens (artboards) the same way as in Design mode to show all screens at a glance.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    When you share your designs as a Prototype or Design Specs link from XD, you can open it in a web browser and look at the experience you have built.
    You can also click on the Grid icon present in the top left corner to access what we call the Grid view. This would display thumbnails of all the screens in your design along with connected screens information.

Check out this link for more details: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7UBc5sSufI

Let us know if this is what you are looking for?

Thanks!
    Arun

12. Search document in cloud

Hello, I need search button to search document in cloud. Please add search option. currently its very difficult to find specific document on cloud storage.

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Zoom in interactive prototype shared link (Share for Review mode)

PLEASE add a Zoom capability for "Share for Review" public links. Unbelievable that when sharing a URL with a client of a website that is 1920x5950 that there is no way to zoom the image to fill the full width of the screen so they can actually read the text and see what their web page will look like. Why does the public link only allow the full height of the artboard to be displayed and not allow a zoom-and-scroll functionality? We've had to resort to sharing designs in Dropbox and using that zoom and comment functionality because XD never…

62 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Flow view share link

Currently the URL for a shared link is the same between GRID view and FLOW view. Is it possible to have a separate link for these. Eg. https://xd.adobe.com/view/unique-id/grid and https://xd.adobe.com/view/unique-id/flow ?

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Team projects / team cloud storage

I want it so that the cloud space would work as a team space, not only the individual users.

team cloud space

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Allow Prototype Link selection from all owned assets

I created a prototype link from a file that was later deleted. The link was shared with a client, and I have been asked to update the link. Because the file no longer exists, I cannot update the link. It would be nice to be able choose an already existing link in my assets when I'm working from a new file.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Project Dashboard for Shared Project Links

I share a lot of links out to various stakeholders and PO's (providing comments), and developers (using the inspect features). With a big product, I break out my shared links and projects based on features so there are not hundreds of screens to sift through. Right now we have to manually keep track of which shared link is what. It would be nice if there was a project dashboard that would show all the shared links.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Categorize comments

I'd like to be able to tag/categorize comments

Use case: To distinguish between notes related to design, development, copywriting etc.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Comments should allow mentioning users from your team and guests

At the moment, the mentioning functionality becomes populated with users only after they have posted a comment (refer to screenshots), even when the link is viewed by users within the same team (account type - wise).

However, if we delete an user's comments, mentioning doesn't reflect that (still shows that user in the list), so we are currently doing that to simulate the feature.

It would be very helpful if there was this flexibility in working collaboratively with XD, as my team is trying to evangelise using this product to management over other competitors.

Moreover, mentioning is only available for…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add ability to add an Prototype Approver/Approvers.

We can assign Prototype Approvers.
    Default State for mocks is In Progress
    These approvers then have the ability to Approve a design.
    After the first approver approves a design it is locked. Only when all approvers have approved does the prototype status change to approved.

Any approver can change the state back to in progress if there needs to be a change later. All approvers will need to re-approve each time the status is changes back to in progress.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base