Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Change owner of cloud document

A member of our team is leaving. The only way we can change ownership of her files is to have her download them and share them locally. This is fine and all but it breaks all the links to the document so I have to go into the various places we share the link, like JIRA, and add new links.

I would prefer that we could just change ownership of the file to another team member.

435 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

66 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Option to keep share links after filename is changed/ save as in XD

Apparently some people want to automatically delete the already created links each time they save their file as a new one.

But this is not the case for everyone!

I need to keep my link history even if I saves as a new file.
    (I don't get how people can not just create new links)

This was a very important good point of XD for my team, clients and I, and now I have to explain to everyone that I will have to share a new link, or simply keep the same file even if I have big change on…

94 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Share entire folder for co-editing (for better file organisation)

When you share a file for co-editing with others, then it appears in their "Shared with you" section which is a simple list. It is difficult to navigate through this list if you have 40-50 files shared with you. There is also no option to sort the list by Name.

It would be great if a folder itself can be shared in such a way that all the XD files in it are available for co-editing. In this way the "Shared with you" section will have folders. This will help everyone in the team know where the file are locate…

100 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Rectangle with shadows disappears / not visible

When there's a rectangle with shadow, it is not visible on the cloud link. It happens all the time with me and my colleagues. A noise background replace the rectangle.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Text fields "auto height" and animate - error - move up/down

Something is wrong with text fields "auto height" during animate (ex. from one artboard to another). During animate text fields changing Y position ("jumping" up and down). It is only after "Share prototype in web. In preview in Adobe XD is correct.
    Please check attached file, share it, and check in webbrowser.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Reposition the cookie banner on shared links

When a client views links that I send them, they often assume there's just 1 page of artwork because they can't see any navigation controls at the bottom.

The controls are hidden by the cookie acceptance banner. So I think it would be worth repositioning that banner so it doesn't overlap any important elements.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Pinned comments maintain position when scrolling

Pinned comments need to maintain their position in a scroll area. It's difficult to understand comments of a scroll area if the comments don't move. It looks like they're all bunched up in the same area.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Search Field Width in Shared View

Please make the search field and search dropdown width in shared view at least twice or more wider. When artboards have similar names, and these names are long, it is impossible to read it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Share multiple flows / artboards with one link

Organise art boards folder like, similar as in zeplin or invision or at least allow to share all flows with one link.
    Otherwise you have an endless collection of links which are an absolute nightmare to manage!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Show hints for hover states

A user testing the prototype in the browser is not sure which components have hover states and thus miss all that the prototype has to offer.

It will be great to also have hints for hovers, similar to hotspot hints.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Pin comments to scrollable area

When working with scrollable areas in your prototype, you can't use pinned comments, because they ignore the scroll position of the area. So it's not clear where the pinned comment was intended to be.

What I would expect:

Pinned comments can be placed in a scrollable area and when they do, they scroll along with the area (and can be outside the viewport)

This way, I can easily collect feedback on the content inside a scrollable area.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. XD cascading libraries

I've created a master Library with all of our company's components in it, but that makes it unwieldy to design from. I've tried taking components from the master library and drop it into sub libraries (like "forms"), but if I make a change to a component in the master library, the same component in the "forms" library does not change.

We're a huge company with a number of brands. I'd like to be able to create cascading libraries.

This is especially important since we can't use folders to organize our master design system library.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Fix text objects shifting during animation if they are not a fixed size

Text objects shift (not intended animation) on web prototypes when they are not a fixed size during an animation transition. The text objects however render fine when previewing through the application.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Change the wording in login window for invited people at xd.com website

Whenever I invite a client via the button Invite to share the design at xd.com website a client sees Sign in window. Even though there are other options to log in like Google or Facebook every EVERY single client stops to read right after Sign in with adobe account. Every single time a client comes to me in panic and says "I can't see the design because I don't have an account at Adobe". You should change the wording for this window specifically for people who came to see the design not for people who needs Adobe account. Like an…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Remove the need for artboards to be linked with interactions to be shared for Design Review, Presentation and Development!

It's ridiculous and has been since v1.0. The only situation where the artboards have to be linked with interactions before sharing is USER TESTING!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Annotation Titles, different icons and mouse over preview

I would like to be able to add a simple title to the annotation icon and on mouse over show 2 or 3 lines of the related message with a "more" linked to the full comment.

Give us a few more icons like a question mark, a comment bubble, warning, etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Publish finished document online

It'd be great to be able to publish online like Adobe Indesign does. More clients these days want interactive pdf's, and XD version could be a great next step.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Invite to folder for collaboration (on all contained files)

We have the collaborate on a single file feature added - now we need some tools to manage large groups of prototypes across a team. One simple way to do this is the allow inviting others to collaborate on all prototypes in a folder rather than needing to invite a group of people to each individual file.

I would expect this to be recursive down into each subfolder, if any are present.

Even more ideal might be to allow inviting people at the cloud documents level (ideally for teams who cross collaborate on multiple prototypes)

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Cookie message is too big, and cumbersome to use

Add a close button to the cookie message, or other quick way to hide it.

The cookie message blocks parts of the UI, and there is no save button when you choose options. It seems designed to get you to accept all cookies.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Open proto in browser with design specs off, unless specified in URL

Currently, if you have enabled design specs for your online proto, the proto opens with the specs on by default, but this is not presented in the URL:
    https://xd.adobe.com/view/asdasdasdasdasd/

If you manually turn Design Specs mode on, the URL changes to:
    https://xd.adobe.com/view/asdasdasdasdasd/specs/

Please make it so that the Design Specs mode is OFF unless specifically included in the URL.

Some of my colleagues don't known how to turn Design Specs mode off, so the proto appears not working to them. Also, if fullscreen mode is defined in the URL, it appears as you can't click anything, as the Design Specs…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 10 11
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base