Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Preview XD artboards in Dropbox

I'd like to be able to preview all of my XD artboards while in Dropbox. Currently it only shows the first screen on a file with 50 artboards. I'd like to be able to arrow through the artboards before downloading the file.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Download artboard from web prototype

Save full artboard in sharing mode.

An option to save the full layout as a PNG or JPG.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Access Shared for Review documents with XD mobile apps

Currently if you share a document using the Share for Review function the receiver can only see this document on a web browser. This has limitations, both on viewing experience (browser chrome gets in the way) and performance.

It would be great if the prototype could be seen directly inside the mobile XD apps instead, under the Shared with You section.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Share for Review Links: Set All Screen Comments off by default

I'm regularly sending review links to non-designers/older clients and I don't want to confuse them.

I'd like to have the option to set "All Screen Comments" off by default.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Preload all artboards when reviewing a published prototype

When publishing a project with many artboards (300-500+), it often takes a lot of time to load the artboard when reviewing the link. If the artboards contain heavy visual design then the loading speed is slow event for projects with fewer artboards.

As a result there is a lot of disruption in the review meetings. And the management/client often does not have the time to sit through the delay caused by the artboard loading.

It would be great if we have a way to preload all the prototype artboards after accessing its published link in the background. This will enable…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Eye tracking

a plugin to use webcam for tracking eye motions of the user [when using an XD interactive prototype]

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Download comments from a prototype

Sharing comment so that the comments I made, can be exported to a different user or can be downloaded.

As a teacher I'm sitting and develop a test for a final exam.
    I have used "XD sharing and develop" to associate comments.

It seems to be excellent, and we have to test it now, before ending the school.

My problem is that this task is created, with my Adobe ID and will therefore only exist as long as I am affiliated.
    My colleagues would like to be able to continue working with the exam even if I am no longer…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Expand the comment input field

It would be great if the input field could expand if you are adding a long comment, as right now it can be very hard to edit the box when it is over a certain length.

It would also be great to add a bit more of a margin between the input field and the @ button as I am forever hitting the @ button by accident.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Link to specific pages/artboards in XD document

Because we are using the XD file as a Source of Truth for the product team (Zeplin for the developers). Each feature is spelled out in a ticket, and I would like to link to the page referred to thereof. It's cumbersome for everyone to have to navigate to it for each ticket. This is a dense dashboard product.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Version Control for Shared Prototypes

We need to have version control for prototypes so when developers are reviewing the prototype, they can look back at a previously shared versions of the prototype.

91 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We have started working on showing all artboards present in a Design specs link as thumbnails which will be the New page overview. We will also show which artboards have comments in it against corresponding artboard thumbnail that is shown in that page overview.

12. Ensure Design Specs and Prototypes look significantly different

Share for Review & Share for Development are so similar in terms of interface and it's so confusing because I end up commenting on the wrong one every time since they look too much the same.

It would be better if for e.g. the Developer's one has a different Background etc...

And please, although there is already a request for it, add the get/send notifications for updates

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Custom Domain for Share Links and Design Specs

Request:

Make it possible to input a custom domain that will be used for generating both share links and design specs.

A current link example: https://xd.adobe.com/view/[random generated string of characters]

A preferred URL: https://companyname.com/clientname/comp

But I could live with: https://companyname.com/[random string of generated characters]

Value:

I work at an agency. We have historically created comps to share with clients by exporting designs as an image and manually building an HTML page on our development server.

Moving to XD has been great for our development group, but account managers don't like sending clients an Adobe link to review a comp, despite…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow multiple people to share a link to the same published URL (multiple owners of a Prototype or Design Spec)

Collaborative work: Updating 'share link' of an .xd file not possible on another machine

System: macOS Sierra 10.12.6
    XD-Version: 0.8.22.17 Beta

We are working with different people on the same .xd file. Updating the prototype link is only possible on the machine with wich the .xd file was created. The other people can only create new links.

1. Create an .xd file

2. Publish prototype

3. Save the .xd file

4. Open the same .xd file on another machine

5. Updating the published prototype link not possible (only creation of new link)

774 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

197 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Artboard numbers in grid view

Need to type page number and go to it. now just next & back.

In show all pages, should show page number .

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Share UI should be “usability testing” not “user testing”

The November release is fantastic. But I noticed in the share UI the drop down says user testing. User testing implies you are testing the user. This is the exact opposite of what we are trying to accomplish. Usability testing is more accurate because you are testing the usability of the design. Would love to see the wording change and I bet I’m not the only one.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 159 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Unresolve comments if there are new replies

Name it not "close", but "resolved" (a checkbox with checkmark/or no checkmark („resolved“/„unresolved“). AND it automatically will marked as „unresolved“ if the reviewer adds an new answer.
    The pin should be convert from number to checkmark if the comment is marked as resolved.

With this I can use the comments as a list of tasks which I can work off step by step.
    If I finish a task I mark is at resolved. The reviewer get an E-Mail (at the end of day all resolved tasks collected to one E-Mail) and he can now review this and do an answer…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Show last updated time in share window

This is a small cosmetic suggestion. I find myself posting prototypes for review and new ideas come up so I edit and "Update" the shared link. I keep hitting update, but sometimes I feel like I just hit it! lol I know its a silly one but it would be SUPER NICE if it shows you a "last updated 30 sec ago..." or something like that. This way instead of spending time hitting update multiple times I can focus more on design. Hope others agree and we can make this happen. I know this is a small request, but I…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Fullscreen mode should ignore the viewport

When sharing on the web, it'd be nice if fullscreen mode ignored the viewport and just extended the full length of the viewer's browser. As it is, it's a bit funky.

Example: https://cl.ly/8152b5159922

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base