Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

216 results found

1. Radio to see resolved comments. Once I mark comment as resolved, never get the content back (or to see, how many comments there was...)

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. I'm regularly sending review links to non-designers/older clients and I don't want to confuse them.

I'd like to have the option to set "All Screen Comments" off by default.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Add a button or some way to allow the commenter or Owner to mark comments as "Important". This would visually change the comment itself as well as the pin, if it's pinned. The button or status could also be clicked again/removed to allow the comment to go back to normal status and not Important.

Attached is a quick example of what could be done, to allow the eyes to quickly see what's been marked priority over other comments.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Collaborative work: Updating 'share link' of an .xd file not possible on another machine

System: macOS Sierra 10.12.6
    XD-Version: 0.8.22.17 Beta

We are working with different people on the same .xd file. Updating the prototype link is only possible on the machine with wich the .xd file was created. The other people can only create new links.

1. Create an .xd file
    2. Publish prototype
    3. Save the .xd file
    4. Open the same .xd file on another machine
    5. Updating the published prototype link not possible (only creation of new link)
    1,540 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. We need to have version control for prototypes so when developers are reviewing the prototype, they can look back at a previously shared versions of the prototype.

154 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Please add an ability to set default view mode when sharing project on the web for Development, so that it would open by default as prototype or as specs.
    It's great that now we can switch between those modes, but it might be not clear for developer who got used to work with specs that now he has to perform some additional action to be able to see specs once he is in prototype mode.
    Also controls for switching between modes should be more prominent.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. When someone needs to be removed from all mockups its a long and painful process. Can we have something that allows us to "cut someone off" without having to find out which mockups they have access to and then go into each mockup one at a time to remove them. Thanks!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. When publishing a project with many artboards (300-500+), it often takes a lot of time to load the artboard when reviewing the link. If the artboards contain heavy visual design then the loading speed is slow event for projects with fewer artboards.

As a result there is a lot of disruption in the review meetings. And the management/client often does not have the time to sit through the delay caused by the artboard loading.

It would be great if we have a way to preload all the prototype artboards after accessing its published link in the background. This will enable…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Can we please consider adding in the original author of the XD file (who uploaded the prototype or the design specs)?

My design team is sharing multiple links to eng and the team for review and it's hard to know who did what if people need to follow up or have questions. Commenting is awesome but knowing who the author is is crucial.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Sharing comment so that the comments I made, can be exported to a different user or can be downloaded.

As a teacher I'm sitting and develop a test for a final exam.
    I have used "XD sharing and develop" to associate comments.

It seems to be excellent, and we have to test it now, before ending the school.

My problem is that this task is created, with my Adobe ID and will therefore only exist as long as I am affiliated.
    My colleagues would like to be able to continue working with the exam even if I am no longer…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Currently if you share a document using the Share for Review function the receiver can only see this document on a web browser. This has limitations, both on viewing experience (browser chrome gets in the way) and performance.

It would be great if the prototype could be seen directly inside the mobile XD apps instead, under the Shared with You section.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Similar to Dropbox Paper or Google Docs, I'd love to see who or how many people are viewing my prototype in the web browser. Could especially be helpful when presenting/pitching or when having dev. hand off calls to see who's tuned in.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I'd like to be able to preview all of my XD artboards while in Dropbox. Currently it only shows the first screen on a file with 50 artboards. I'd like to be able to arrow through the artboards before downloading the file.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Because we are using the XD file as a Source of Truth for the product team (Zeplin for the developers). Each feature is spelled out in a ticket, and I would like to link to the page referred to thereof. It's cumbersome for everyone to have to navigate to it for each ticket. This is a dense dashboard product.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. a plugin to use webcam for tracking eye motions of the user [when using an XD interactive prototype]

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have started working on showing all artboards present in a Design specs link as thumbnails which will be the New page overview. We will also show which artboards have comments in it against corresponding artboard thumbnail that is shown in that page overview.

17. The November release is fantastic. But I noticed in the share UI the drop down says user testing. User testing implies you are testing the user. This is the exact opposite of what we are trying to accomplish. Usability testing is more accurate because you are testing the usability of the design. Would love to see the wording change and I bet I’m not the only one.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 216 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. It would be great if the input field could expand if you are adding a long comment, as right now it can be very hard to edit the box when it is over a certain length.

It would also be great to add a bit more of a margin between the input field and the @ button as I am forever hitting the @ button by accident.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Share for Review & Share for Development are so similar in terms of interface and it's so confusing because I end up commenting on the wrong one every time since they look too much the same.

It would be better if for e.g. the Developer's one has a different Background etc...

And please, although there is already a request for it, add the get/send notifications for updates

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)