Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

Adobe XD: Feature Requests

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2835 results found

1. Why only one video play? When strolling on a video in the carousel, then strolling to the following video, in the carousel doesn't play! This feature is pointless. We have been waiting so long for this feature, and it only is limited, and we can't play multiple videos simultaneously. That is a big big problem.

104 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

19 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. The ability to add animated GIF's to projects would make a big different to communicating certain aspects of designs with clients and developers. Please add this in! :)

This needs to be able to be displayed in preview as an animation (not just as a static frame of the animation)

90 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. When using a Lottie animation or Video, (without looping), the animation/video plays once and then stops on first frame... (for many animation this frame is 'empty' or 'blank').

This causes animation to play once and then disappear ... or appear like it glitches to different frame.

Could we please finish/ end playback on the last frame of animation or video, to achieve a freeze frame effect.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Currently z value is retained when yoiu disable 3D Transform. The z value should be reset to 0 when 3D Transform is not applied (but the original value should be reinstated when 3D Transform is reactivated).

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Can we develop a feature to make the comment section bigger? Our copywriters want to have a larger text input field so it is easier for them to write longer copy.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  03: Share mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Auto-page scroll is often needed feature to trigger on artboard/page-load. Currently I can mimic this effect by making 2 artboards, moving a group up (or down) on the scroll position and use auto-animate artboard-to-artboard.
    Example:
    https://xd.adobe.com/view/9182ed42-11c0-45ff-a10f-e343424fbd97-c4d1/

Here on the second board, user should be able to scroll back up the content group (which mimicked auto-scroll down using auto-animate) yet, XD does not support scrolling content positioned above an artboard. Ideal XD-feature should allow to set an auto-scroll for layers (perhaps to a certain Y-position) and let user to scroll back while displaying a scroll-bar.

424 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

30 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Ability to turn off shortcuts like Cmd/control + Drag moves the artboard around which I don't want. I constantly move the artboard by accident as I navigate through components with the keyboard and using cmd/control to select a specific component part.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Rather that simply provide the option to space distribute multiple items based on the distance between them, in addition, provide the option to distribute them from their center points, as provided in Illustrator.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. As a user, In adobeXD Hyperlink will also work on exporting artboard into pdf formate.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Components could have a setting 'remember last state between artboards'. This would allow prototypes with menu's that remain consistent between artboards, toggle buttons, etc, without having to make copies of all artboards for those features.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. After reading this:
    https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/share-selected-artboards.html#modification-of-existing-wiring

It's blindingly obvious that the way single artboards are shared is flawed and creates more work than it saves.
    If I have a fully prototyped document but I want to share a single artboard from it, this involves either splitting it from the document or duplicating the artboard in question and manually removing the unnecessary interactions.

Either way, it's more work than it should be while it also creates issues with consistency across designs and having a single source of truth. Using components, in this case, doesn't help as if there are any interactions in the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  03: Share mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Please a keyboard shortcut to access the Home screen (little House) of the main Application, and the same keyboard to close it when this windows is open to return to the opened document(s).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Although component instances are differentiated by a different diamond icon, I still find myself accidentally modifying instances when I mean to modify the main component.

It would be useful to more clearly differentiate component instances by using a different border color so it's more obvious that I'm looking at an instance rather than the main component.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Working with a developer, we think it would be a good idea to mark the name of the colors of fonts… we are adding in the asset panel in the panel right to the app.
    It will allows dev that are using the XD document locally on their computer (without the link) to watch exactly the name of the Color or the style for each element without reading informations.
    It will be also possible if the Color or the style used is focus in the asset panel.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. It would be awesome to be able to mark some elements inside a compontent to not change some properties on its states, for example, text. If I change the text on the main state, it would change the text inside the other states. With that, I would be able to improve my work on making hover buttons all over my prototype. The way it is now, I need to change the text inside all the states, what makes it impossible.

201 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

54 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Color gradient function. The area of color selection is too small to accurately locate the desired position,
    For example, the gradient is from: #000 (0%position) - > #aaa (50%position) - > #666 (50%position) - > #000 (100%position), like picture 1;It is suggested to increase the selection of color areas. Picture 2 is like this;

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for submitting this idea. I'm going to keep this open, but as a tip, you can press tab to switch to the next gradient stop if they're really close together.

17. Allow an import of a calendar file (ics) that includes the hour (start and end time), so it can be reflected properly in the calendar view. Or at least allow an Excel upload that includes the proper Month day year hour minute format (the format that appears when you select 'always keep "add-time" option on') .. currently, importing will change the date format and if you import as text and then change to date, it drops the hour.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. It is very demented to disable plugins when starting with the shift key pressed. I click 2x on XD before the file opens, switch back and start selecting files in a completely different program using shift select. The XD application reports me that it has turned off plugins. How many times a year do I need to turn off plugins that it's mapped to the shift key across the system?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Since updating to XD50 and being forced to replace slashes with dashes for naming components, I can no longer export my components successfully to Zeplin. Zeplin relies on the slash to recognize components as variants and output code. My over 600 components will no longer be recognized as variants in Zeplin and it messes with my entire naming convention that I created in XD. When fixing this issue, please automate changing back my dashes to their original slashes so I don't have to manually fix over 600 component names that now have a dash. Here is a video to further…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  07 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Ballpark (https://ballparkhq.com/) is a user testing platform for prototypes and allows you to set goals and track how people use your prototype with stats, audio, video alongside survey questions and UX tests. It would be great if XD could support Ballpark.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  07 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 141 142
  • Don't see your idea?