Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about

Request details

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Shadows should not be clipped by components

Currently components clip shadows of elements within. This is, in my opinion, not how it should be. I would at least like an option to turn this behaviour off and on

This behaviour has two downsides:
    - increasing the shadow spread afterwards means you need to re-adjust the entire component, so that the shadow does not get clipped
    - juding distances is way harder and you wont get help from smartguides when aligining components with other objects

Here's a video on the issue:
    https://youtu.be/BjO6YM17H58

43 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

12 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Use Mobile Device to Show Palettes

Is there a way you could create the ability to use a mobile device to display actionable palettes?

I use a two display setup on my desktop. When I travel I have to use my laptop which means I can't have very many palettes available without using up my project workspace on screen.

What if I could connect my mobile device via usb or bluetooth and have actionable palettes displayed there. I could have several palettes onscreen on a tablet, or on a phone, then I could just swipe left or right to the palette I wanted. I could then…

544 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

37 comments  ·  06 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Adobe XD to Flutter

It will be great to add an export option from Adobe XD to flutter

121 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  04 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 170 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Specify drag direction

You've entered a new feature that is great but now we want more :D

Could you please provide the drag direction?
    Thanks

124 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Timed animations triggered while scrolling

i hope we can trigger the timed auto animations when you scroll to a portion of your website mock. I want my elements to appear only when i pass thru them in my page prototype. This feature will create a more seamless, animation rich prototypes!

93 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 255 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

50 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Export to Photoshop / PSD format

this is very important feature, that will make life of many designers and their clients much better

646 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

166 comments  ·  04 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Download assets as JPGs from Design Specs

Please create the option to download assets as JPGs from design specs. As of right now, there are only options to download as PNG or PDF. JPG seems pretty odd to exclude. Additionally, it would be great if you could have the ability to control your batch export preferences.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  09: Design Specs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Multiple interactions on a single artboard

We need to add multiple ways of moving from one screen to another. Currently the only way to do this is to add the interactions to various elements on the artboard, which makes it difficult to find where those interactions are.

For example, to move from artboard A to artboard B, a user could press Home, Down or say "Artboard A". I can only add one of these interactions to the artboard as a whole at the moment.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Ability to save Prototype links within a Component

For Components like a "Menu Bar" or "Header", more often than not, the items with in the component (e.g. Menu item 1, 2, 3 & 4) all link to the same four screens.

Currently I can place a child component on my artboard, wire it up in prototype mode (then while still in prototype mode) copy the component and paste another child.

The problem is when I forget and drag out a new component from the library or copy paste from the parent component. I then have to wire up all my prototype links again.

Another useful part of this…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Overlay States

I would like the ability to move an overlay through it's own transitions without impacting the underlying area.

For example, let's say you have a button that says Help.
    Click Help
    Overlay slides in with message box, asks a question.
    User clicks Yes. Msgbox transitions to a new box, but underlying background (not part of the transition) remains.

I have a problem like this where I have a drawer a user can expand over the contents to activate slides and switches. Problem is, once you start trying to use that toolbox, the background is lost.

Overlays seem to only be…

158 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Overlay positioning below "fold"

I would like to be able to position an overlay so that it is connected to a specific element regardless of whether that element is below the "fold". For tooltip, dropdown menus, and other interactive elements, overlays are awesome. However, in doing responsive design work for enterprise applications, there are many instances where a dropdown or tooltip will appear below the fold.

149 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Folders for cloud documents

Our team names xd files to link to jira tickets. It'd be very helpful for the cloud to have a folder structure for separating releases into batches.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-in-the-backlog  ·  3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Change a linked color on a specific consuming document

It's a very good thing that we can now easily share colors between projects. But to be really useful, we need to change a linked color on a specific project.

I work on multiple projects based on the same UI library. Each projects has its own main color.

I created a project to maintain all my atomic elements and my other projects use those linked elements. But for now, when you use a linked color you can't change it on one project only so I can't use your great new feature for sharing assets between projects.

Here is how it…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Static / Fixed objects between transitions

When I swipe between screens I do not want the header and footer bar to slide with the transition, just the content area. Please create a function for this

1,079 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-started  ·  24 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Components use Responsive Resize, even when disabled.

I need to expand the bounds of a component while retaining the size of the content. This is helpful when changing the position of button prompts from inside to outside of the modal space.

When I try to resize the component it resizes the content inside, even when Responsive Resize is disabled.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Support color transitions in auto-animate

The latest update (OCT,15,2018) got me so excited I thought of giving it a spin after a long time. Great work team!

The feature I wanted to request was the ability to see colors transition from one to the other' smoothly in auto animate'. Right now it just jumps to the next (check attachment).

For now this effect can be achieved in after effects by keyframing the 'Fill' preset.

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Nested Overlays

Allow an Overlay to be applied to another overlay. For example, you have a dialog box Overlay and inside you want to have a drop-down menu which has an Overlay of a list of options. Currently what happens is the drop-down Overlay replaces the dialog Overlay.

I think this is something fundamental that would make Overlays even more powerful. Its omission almost feels like a bug.

115 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Options for viewport vs fixed overlay

Be able to choose between an overlay that appears over the viewport or an overlay that is fixed to a specific position within the artboard. This way we can account for two types of overlays:
    1. Overlays that are persistent like menu navigations
    2. Overlays that are situational like dropdowns within a form

98 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 101 102
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base