Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about

Request details

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Use Mobile Device to Show Palettes

Is there a way you could create the ability to use a mobile device to display actionable palettes?

I use a two display setup on my desktop. When I travel I have to use my laptop which means I can't have very many palettes available without using up my project workspace on screen.

What if I could connect my mobile device via usb or bluetooth and have actionable palettes displayed there. I could have several palettes onscreen on a tablet, or on a phone, then I could just swipe left or right to the palette I wanted. I could then…

539 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

37 comments  ·  06 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 134 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Adobe XD to Flutter

It will be great to add an export option from Adobe XD to flutter

74 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  04 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Shared XD libraries

Need to share Adobe XD assets library to other CC users. Not only Illustrator CC libraries, but XD colors/fonts/symbols lybraries. It's a must!

201 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  04 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Responsive Resizing of Symbols

The new responsive resize function seems pretty great, but it would take it to the next level for me if I could use it with symbols. This would make form fields and components super easy!

117 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Specify drag direction

You've entered a new feature that is great but now we want more :D

Could you please provide the drag direction?
    Thanks

90 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Timed animations triggered while scrolling

i hope we can trigger the timed auto animations when you scroll to a portion of your website mock. I want my elements to appear only when i pass thru them in my page prototype. This feature will create a more seamless, animation rich prototypes!

75 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 232 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

47 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Export to Photoshop / PSD format

this is very important feature, that will make life of many designers and their clients much better

573 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

158 comments  ·  04 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Overlay positioning below "fold"

I would like to be able to position an overlay so that it is connected to a specific element regardless of whether that element is below the "fold". For tooltip, dropdown menus, and other interactive elements, overlays are awesome. However, in doing responsive design work for enterprise applications, there are many instances where a dropdown or tooltip will appear below the fold.

128 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Overlay States

I would like the ability to move an overlay through it's own transitions without impacting the underlying area.

For example, let's say you have a button that says Help.
    Click Help
    Overlay slides in with message box, asks a question.
    User clicks Yes. Msgbox transitions to a new box, but underlying background (not part of the transition) remains.

I have a problem like this where I have a drawer a user can expand over the contents to activate slides and switches. Problem is, once you start trying to use that toolbox, the background is lost.

Overlays seem to only be…

128 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Static / Fixed objects between transitions

When I swipe between screens I do not want the header and footer bar to slide with the transition, just the content area. Please create a function for this

1,002 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-started  ·  23 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Download assets as JPGs from Design Specs

Please create the option to download assets as JPGs from design specs. As of right now, there are only options to download as PNG or PDF. JPG seems pretty odd to exclude. Additionally, it would be great if you could have the ability to control your batch export preferences.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  09: Design Specs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Nested Overlays

Allow an Overlay to be applied to another overlay. For example, you have a dialog box Overlay and inside you want to have a drop-down menu which has an Overlay of a list of options. Currently what happens is the drop-down Overlay replaces the dialog Overlay.

I think this is something fundamental that would make Overlays even more powerful. Its omission almost feels like a bug.

95 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Options for viewport vs fixed overlay

Be able to choose between an overlay that appears over the viewport or an overlay that is fixed to a specific position within the artboard. This way we can account for two types of overlays:
    1. Overlays that are persistent like menu navigations
    2. Overlays that are situational like dropdowns within a form

78 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Extract / Export CSS for development feature

Nothing more complected simply add Extract css from design as given in illustrator its very important other wise now day's it's simple to design in XD and very difficult to Develop application from xd assets because of no css export option in it, Please include this.

581 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

65 comments  ·  09: Design Specs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’re actively working on this. Stay tuned for more updates.

If you’d like to contribute to our thinking and help shape this feature, please write to me at hnarayan(at)adobe(dot)com

17. Linked Character Styles and Colors across documents

I really liked the new October 2018 update where you have Linked Symbols across multiple files, especially when you made a source file.

I would like to also have this ability for character styles as I have many websites that all need to share the same UI style guide. I often change my mind about the font size, colour, line spacing and etc.

If I had this, then making a source file that links with multiple design files will make life so much easier to manage. Without having to go to each file and update...

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Support color transitions in auto-animate

The latest update (OCT,15,2018) got me so excited I thought of giving it a spin after a long time. Great work team!

The feature I wanted to request was the ability to see colors transition from one to the other' smoothly in auto animate'. Right now it just jumps to the next (check attachment).

For now this effect can be achieved in after effects by keyframing the 'Fill' preset.

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Fixed elements should always be in front

First, thanks for the great new feature of fixed elements / sticky objects. It's wonderful, and simple.

I found that they're very easy to setup, but a pain to maintain. Once you add any other objects to a page with a fixed element, your new object is on top in z-order. So every single time you add an object, you have to remember to bring your fixed elements to the front again. If you forget to do this, your fixed elements will end up being covered up by the new one. Since your new objects may be way below the…

79 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. overset text alert

It would be nice to have the same alert you get from Indesign regarding Overset text. Content is equally as important as design/prototyping in most projects so if there's no alert that indicates something's wrong before publishing a link for review, it just creates more room for error. The same reason applies to why it was needed in Indesign, really.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 96 97
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base