Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Adobe XD to Flutter

It will be great to add an export option from Adobe XD to flutter

199 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

50 comments  ·  04 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Relocating master components

Sometimes you need to reorganize your design system files. Once you have created a master components, you cannot move it to another file, and you are stuck with the current file forever.
    It would be great if you can just move your Master Component from one document to another.

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 216 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Use Mobile Device to Show Palettes

Is there a way you could create the ability to use a mobile device to display actionable palettes?

I use a two display setup on my desktop. When I travel I have to use my laptop which means I can't have very many palettes available without using up my project workspace on screen.

What if I could connect my mobile device via usb or bluetooth and have actionable palettes displayed there. I could have several palettes onscreen on a tablet, or on a phone, then I could just swipe left or right to the palette I wanted. I could then…

547 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

37 comments  ·  06 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Specify drag direction

You've entered a new feature that is great but now we want more :D

Could you please provide the drag direction?
    Thanks

179 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Multiple interactions on a single artboard

We need to add multiple ways of moving from one screen to another. Currently the only way to do this is to add the interactions to various elements on the artboard, which makes it difficult to find where those interactions are.

For example, to move from artboard A to artboard B, a user could press Home, Down or say "Artboard A". I can only add one of these interactions to the artboard as a whole at the moment.

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Timed animations triggered while scrolling

i hope we can trigger the timed auto animations when you scroll to a portion of your website mock. I want my elements to appear only when i pass thru them in my page prototype. This feature will create a more seamless, animation rich prototypes!

124 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Sort components in assets panel alphabetically

It would be beneficial for us to sort the Components list by name (Alphabetically). Reason being, when we attach the Cloud doc to a new project file, components seem to be in a random order. If we could re-sort the list alphabetically on each file, it would make organization of large counts of components much easier.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Download assets as JPGs from Design Specs

Please create the option to download assets as JPGs from design specs. As of right now, there are only options to download as PNG or PDF. JPG seems pretty odd to exclude. Additionally, it would be great if you could have the ability to control your batch export preferences.

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  09: Design Specs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Folders for cloud documents

Our team names xd files to link to jira tickets. It'd be very helpful for the cloud to have a folder structure for separating releases into batches.

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-in-the-backlog  ·  6 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Indication of master component on the layers panel

There's nothing that I have found that indicates that a component is a master component or not, other than the green outline(instead of blue) only when selected, and right-clicking every component and seeing whether "Edit Master Component" exists or not in the context-menu. These two current indicators are not helpful at a high level because you have to select or click on each individual component instead of being able to see this information at a glance in the component/layers list.

The layer/component icon changes when the group is open(revealing the layers inside) or closed. This is not a necessary change…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Export to Photoshop / PSD format

this is very important feature, that will make life of many designers and their clients much better

709 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

179 comments  ·  04 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Paste above selected layer (another artboard)

If I copy a specific layer to another artboard, it should be placed above the chosen layer of the artboard, not on the top off all layers.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 273 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

53 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Change Save As behavior to remove Copy of

Remove "Copy of" text from filename when I "Save As" — Change to number increment

Every time I want to save a new iteration of my file, I hit Command+Shift+S to "Save As".

XD automatically adds "copy of" to the beginning of the filename and I have to delete it every. Single. Time.

Does anybody actually names their files this way? You'd end up with "copy of copy of copy of copy of filename" instead of a simple numbered "filename 5".

Would be cool to see XD smartly increase the number by 1 every time like it does with the artboards.…

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Move Fix Position when scrolling back to design mode

i ve just noticed you removed the preserve scroll position from design. This is a horrible thing for me. Doing that forces me to prototype EVERYTHING.

for example: i have 100 artboards that are unconnected due to time saving ( i dont need to prototype everything ) but moving that button forces me to do it becaus now i cant make a quick preview for my client where he can scroll up and down. Now i will have to connect ALL 100+ boards together.

why? Because when you are EXPORTING for REVIEW or DEVELOPMENT
    only the connected boards are being…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Improve contrast in measurement decorations

The distance between objects hotkey is amazing, but very often hard to read, due to the overlap of other objects or background colors. I've attached two examples where the distance between objects is very hard to see.

Putting the measurement in a box would make sure it is always easy to read

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Batch overrides for Components within Repeat grids

This is something that is possible with Non-Component items inside Repeat Grids, but not with Components currently.

This is a greatly needed feature, especially when you're trying to create a Design System (which Adobe have been so vocal about recently). For example, in most Design Systems you will have Components such as Cards (with Image, Avatar, Title, Bio etc..), and having to edit these manually when inside of a Repeat Grid just makes the relationship with Design Systems and Repeat Grid null and void currently.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Multiple Interactions on a Single Element

Allow for multiple interactions on a single elements. Aka, be able to drag multiple wires from a single object.

Use case 1: When designing a carousel, a user should be able to swipe on an object left or right and navigate to the next or previous slide.

Use case 2: When designing an app with similar interactions to Bumble or Tinder, the test subject should be allowed multiple interactions on the same object. Swipe up, down, left, or right.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Overlay States

I would like the ability to move an overlay through it's own transitions without impacting the underlying area.

For example, let's say you have a button that says Help.
    Click Help
    Overlay slides in with message box, asks a question.
    User clicks Yes. Msgbox transitions to a new box, but underlying background (not part of the transition) remains.

I have a problem like this where I have a drawer a user can expand over the contents to activate slides and switches. Problem is, once you start trying to use that toolbox, the background is lost.

Overlays seem to only be…

188 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 103 104
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base