Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Drag in multiple directions

Would love to drag an object both directions. Perhaps if we could add hot spots to the left and right of a container, then you can either drag it left or right.

Example: in g-mail, drag the message right to delete, left to archive. Would like to render this behavior.

Thought two, add these touch points or hot spots to and image so I can drag left or right from the image itself to go forwards or backwards.

639 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

72 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow component instance overrides to be inherited by all states

Currently (XD 24.0.22.19), if I drop an instance of a component and then adjust part of it (text in a button, size of the instance, etc.), that override is only applied to the selected state of the instance. So, if I have a button with many states (normal, hover, disabled, active, default action, etc.) I have to manually apply that override to each state of the instance. This is extremely tedious and error prone.

Please provide the ability to have an override of an instance be inherited by all states in that component instance.

611 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  137 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow components event to change states of other components

New states feature is excellent but restricted for self components interaction. In many cases, especially in web and desktop apps, there are cases where a component event should affect another element on screen.
    It would be a super powerful option to allow a component event to change states of another component.
    Currently if i use component A inside component B, i can't use A to change state of B, even though A is part of B.

490 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

74 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 300 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

43 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Open local documents from Welcome Screen

Give us back the option to open files from "My Computer" on the XD "Home" screen. I used to have this option, but in the current version, it no longer appears. I'm unable to open and existing file from the Adobe XD Home screen unless it was one of the most recent files.

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Scrollable action to another artboard anchor

I'm hoping this idea is just an add on from the current Scroll action.

At the moment you can create a button etc and link it to a certain area on your artboard. It then automatically scrolls to that area once clicked.

My idea is to have this same feature, but with an option to jump and scroll to a specific area on another artboard.

It will make the user journey so much better when using things like quick links etc

72 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Need a way to duplicate master component

It would be great to have a way to duplicate a master component - create a copy within assets panel. If I have a component that has several states and I need to make a dark mode version of that component, I would like to just duplicate that component and make my changes instead of having to recreate it from scratch as a master component.

191 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

44 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. XD version for local cloud government organizations

I'm working in a government organization that is disconnected from the internet, so we can't work with ADOBE XD,
    I would like to request that you consider the possibility of publishing a version for government organizations that work on an internal network so we can work with XD without losing the capabilities of the tool
    or let me know if there is any solution for this kind of environment

107 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  03: Share mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Option to keep share links after filename is changed/ save as in XD

Apparently some people want to automatically delete the already created links each time they save their file as a new one.

But this is not the case for everyone!

I need to keep my link history even if I saves as a new file.
    (I don't get how people can not just create new links)

This was a very important good point of XD for my team, clients and I, and now I have to explain to everyone that I will have to share a new link, or simply keep the same file even if I have big change on…

81 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Make shortcut hotkeys for text align (left, center, right)

There should be keyboard hotkey shortcuts to quickly edit the text alignment.

SHIFT+ OPTION + L (Used to pull up my CC Library.. not as important.)
    SHIFT+ OPTION + R (Used to reload my plugins... not as important )
    SHIFT+ OPTION + C (NOT IN USE... maybe use this shortcut and have the 3 options cycle each time you hit it, left, center, right.)

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Change owner of cloud document

A member of our team is leaving. The only way we can change ownership of her files is to have her download them and share them locally. This is fine and all but it breaks all the links to the document so I have to go into the various places we share the link, like JIRA, and add new links.

I would prefer that we could just change ownership of the file to another team member.

359 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

53 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Color Agnostic Character Styles

I want the option when setting up character styles that there doesn't need to be a color associated with the character style.

For example, I set up my H1, H2, H3 with their respective font families, font weight, & font size. But my design has different background colors. Sometimes my H1 is lack on a white background, which is how I set it up in the Character Styles. While other times my H1 is white on a black background,. But if I change the H1 to white it no longer correlates to the H1 I setup in my character styles…

167 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Save as older version

an option to save XD files in older version, so people working on updated versions can share documents with people who can't upgrade

308 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

81 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Remove forced cloud storage and remove cloud storage as default

My team cannot use Adobe's cloud for collaboration. We must be able to create a document without automatically saving the document to Adobe's cloud. Further, for a desktop app, local storage should be the default and CMD+S should work as expected.

Updating XD and finding that our documents no longer existed on our desktop was unexpected and we've lost time figuring out where our documents went and figuring out how to restore our workflow, and we will continue to lose time deleting files from Adobe's cloud and dealing with duplicate files every time someone forgets to explicitly save a file…

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Create new master component from existing component

◆ Overview
    After releasing "State" feature, it's been able to prepare complex interactions like "hover." Following feature may help to reduce required time preparing a new component with similar behaviors/instructions.

◆ Actual
    New component with state settings every time when a similar behavior is expected in different look and feel.
    (Currently, preparing another XD file is believed to be the only solution to avoid this by selecting "Make it as local component" after loading it from another XD file.")

◆ Expected
    By select "Use it as a new Master Component" is to make a new Master component instead of copying…

150 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Ability to turn off Coediting

Add the ability to turn off coediting. It's creating all kinds of issues, and can't be turned off. It's absolutely appalling that this feature would be introduced without the ability to turn it off after enabling it.

121 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Allow fractional pixels / turn off pixel snapping

The current feature of switching on/off snapping by holding "Cmd" in Mac or "Ctrl" in Windows doesn't work properly. Additionally, we couldn't align shapes or objects with one another as there isn't feature to turn on/off the snap to pixel grid for the entire document.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Please note that the Cmd/Ctrl keyboard shortcut you’ve mentioned below is actually used for turning off snapping to other objects and to the layout or square grid. I’ll merge this with another request.

18. Shared cloud document folder

I was happy to see folders for cloud documents be released. However, my co-worker(s) and I were disappointed to see that when organizing or creating a folder structure, it does not reflect to other XD users. Essentially, it only occurs under your own Creative Cloud account.

REQUEST: I would like to make a folder structure with my own and/or XD documents that were shared with me to be synced up for specified users to see on their ends as well. (Similarly to Dropbox or Google Drive folders where other users can access them)

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Stacks should dynamically shift content in Preview

Create component - + New state (bigger than the default) - Merge the component with another one or another element into a stack -

Preview mode - click the component to change state and the stack doesn't respect padding .

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Please note that stacks is a feature that is intended to be used at design time, and does not dynamically shift the stack in preview. I’m going to rewrite this particular request to be more precisely about the latter suggestion.

20. On-canvas gradient control is missing for closed paths

I create an object with the Pen tool.
    Give it a gradient.
    When I try to edit the gradient, the gradient bar is not appearing within the object. It is impossible to relocate the trajectory of the gradient.

Other time I change the dimension of that object, the gradients trajectory gets distorted and when I try to change it, it flies around the screen.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 132 133
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base