Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about
--------------------------------------------
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: On August 30, 2019 User Voice Bugs forum will transition to read-only.

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make installation via system account (Windows 10, enterprise env.), wo. a user profile available at the time of the installation possible

Currently it's not possible to deploy XD via MS SCCM because SCCM uses the system account which has no profile. This is a no no for large scale environments. If you let users manage their software each of them works with another version of the same product, which eventually leads to countless support calls ("why can't I access the XD files of team A? Why uses he features I don't have?") Furthermore you can't uninstall properly software via SCCM, if the user installed the respective Software, because the user has a profile where as the system account doesn't. Currently I'm…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Annotate in design mode and have annotations publish to prototypes and design specs

Add a comment to an element in design mode. If I want to explain to my client, that the background he sees now, is actually in motion, comments are a good tool. The downside: I have to publish my design first in order to add comments to it. My request: The ability to add comments to an element in design mode. Those comments should then be visible in the shared review and / or the design specs. (like: this button changes on hover...)

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Function to link multiple XD files so that multiple products can link

I want a function that allows multiple XD files to work together. This is a viewpoint for a "system" in which multiple products operate in conjunction.
    Necessary for designing the linkage between a smartphone and a watch.
    This perspective should become very important in a few years.

It is not that multiple users operate XD at the same time.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Exporting animations into .json file (from XD) without using After effect & Lottie

Add the possibility to export micro-animations directly into .json files from Adobe XD.

The process for creating a micro-animation for native iOS & Android app is a real, real pain in the a**. For now, we need to export the design into After Effect, then animate it (again) to export it with Lottie.

Since Adobe XD can create animations pretty easily with auto-animate, we should be able to export an animation straight into .json file (without using After Effect and Lottie). That feature would let us save a lot of time!

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  04 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Copywriting - writer mode

Collaboration with copywriters is still a major pain point, and it seems that none of the tools available are addressing this issue. XD has some great features that bridge the gap between design and development in the same way it would be great to see a feature set that facilitated a more seem-less workflow between copywriters and designers.

Perhaps a tool that would give copywriters edit access to text elements, I imagine a similar workflow to incopy, designers can set specific text fields to be editable by copywriters.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Paragraph spacing / Soft Returns

User should be able to use a soft return (shift+return) to break a line of text without adding paragraph spacing .

76 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. The right-click selects the upper element instead of previously selected elements underneath

How to reproduce the bug :
    - Select a group of elements
    - Unselect the upper element (top element in front of others elements)
    - Right-click on the group
    >> the selection is lost and the top element is eventually selected.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Rasterize Photoshop smart objects on import

Our team is in the process of moving a significant portion of our website/web app design & production pipeline from Photoshop to XD.

Currently, one of our biggest snags involves having to re-import Smart Objects because they lose their appearance in XD. When we have created several Smart Objects in Photoshop, all the effects within that Smart Object disappear when imported to XD:

- Feathered vectors lose their feathered edges
    - Blending modes are ignored
    - Raster masks are ignored

I understand that it might be a relatively long while before individual Smart Objects can update dynamically from the CC…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  06 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. UI kit for chat bot experiences

When you model a marketing campaign that uses chatbots you need to have a visual representation of the algorithm by which your lead will go through in order to implement it right in a chatbot automation software.
    That is why It would be nice to have kits for modeling chatbot conversations and be able to play them as you do with prototyped mobile or desktop UIs.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Advanced Overlay Positioning/Artboard controls

Overlays are a fantastic addition to XD, and I thought these additions would be a great way to expand on the freedom overlays give us:

1. Ability to place overlays on any area of the artboard, including below/above the main view port and off the the side (partially on the artboard)
    2. Advanced positioning for overlay placement (i.e. nudging with keyboard)
    3. The ability to anchor overlays to scroll with content below it.
    4. Not directly related to overlays, but I would like to see the ability to control the location of the top and bottom of the viewport (i.e.…

88 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Remove the prototype property inspector for single interactions (return interaction popup)

The Prototype Panel moves the interaction from the element to a panel. This results in little breaks in the prototyping design flow. The previous version was much easier to use because the element initiating the action and the action settings weren't separated. Keeping the interaction settings above the wire helped to keep the connection in the designers mind. Personally I find it much more difficult to think through changes when I have to look from the element being clicked to the panel where the actions are located. Further more, the 'Scrolling' setting which controls sticky elements feels disconnected and isolated…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Integrate with Maze.Design

Maze.Design is an extraordinary user testing tool that is personally my go to tool for usability testing.

Maze is amazingly simple and intuitive to import designs and create a user test, and track a users session, it provides details such as heat-maps, screen time, device details etc.

It currently has integrations with InVision, Sketch and Marvel. It would be AMAZING to get AdobeXD in on that list.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  06 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Animate paths

Defining a path the elements follow while in auto animate is a feature that will be appreciated. While creating a graph some elements have to follow the curve of the graph like a point on the graph. While animating that using auto animate, the point moves outside the graph. Yes, multiple dashboards can be used to define it but with path animation, only two artboards will be enough.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Fixed elements should always be in front

First, thanks for the great new feature of fixed elements / sticky objects. It's wonderful, and simple.

I found that they're very easy to setup, but a pain to maintain. Once you add any other objects to a page with a fixed element, your new object is on top in z-order. So every single time you add an object, you have to remember to bring your fixed elements to the front again. If you forget to do this, your fixed elements will end up being covered up by the new one. Since your new objects may be way below the…

97 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Animation specs

Developers use educated guess work when it comes to making animations based on designs.

Just like normal design specs, we need animation specs to be able to hand off design that contain motion and transition information. a way to clarify animation and eliminate guess work for developers.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  04 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 257 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

47 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Support RSS Library

As many designers will compare AdobeXD features with Sketch, and many Sketch Library use RSS feed to keep update their own librairies with users. I think it's a mandatory for BIG adoption by designers and companies to support RSS feeds like Sketch do.

Take a look :

As well as hosting your Libraries on Sketch Cloud, you can also host your Library file on any online server, publish an RSS that points to it, and have Sketch subscribe to the RSS to get updates when the Library is updated. To do that, just use a link in this form: sketch://add-library?url=URLEncodedPathToRSS

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  05 : Extensibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Zoom in shared prototype

PLEASE add a Zoom capability for "Share for Review" public links. Unbelievable that when sharing a URL with a client of a website that is 1920x5950 that there is no way to zoom the image to fill the full width of the screen so they can actually read the text and see what their web page will look like. Why does the public link only allow the full height of the artboard to be displayed and not allow a zoom-and-scroll functionality? We've had to resort to sharing designs in Dropbox and using that zoom and comment functionality because XD never…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  03 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Polygon individual round corners

Recently XD updated its app to have the ability to have a polygon tool. This is great, unfortunately we are only able to change the radius of the corners across the entire object. It would be great to be able to, for instance, make only one corner in a triangle round, without having to do masks for each corner.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Define fonts family for a project or for an artboard

It would be great to define font families that will be used in a project by adding them to the artboard property panel.
    This would help to
    - limit numbers of font used in a webdesign
    - change the font of a whole project
    - maintain character styles easyly
    - avoid to miss some font replacement

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →