Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Rearrange Component States in Property Inspector

I'd love to be able to rearrange the component state order in the property inspector (the panel on the right in Design mode & Prototype mode). I would also love to be able to resize the section for component states. Currently it maxes out at 4 before you need to scroll.

208 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

36 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow fractional pixels / turn off pixel snapping

The current feature of switching on/off snapping by holding "Cmd" in Mac or "Ctrl" in Windows doesn't work properly. Additionally, we couldn't align shapes or objects with one another as there isn't feature to turn on/off the snap to pixel grid for the entire document.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Please note that the Cmd/Ctrl keyboard shortcut you’ve mentioned below is actually used for turning off snapping to other objects and to the layout or square grid. I’ll merge this with another request.

3. Remove artboards from a flow, even if it's connected to the home artboard

I am trying to create multiple flows within an artboard and can't find how artboards that should not be included in the flow are being included. I think this is caused by having shared components between artboards which makes the flow consider a screen with the same component part of it.

Request is to be able to remove artboards from a flow regardless of if a path or component links it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  03: Share mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Copy pasting clipped Images from Xd to Illustrator

when i am copy pasting my design elements to make a presentation for the UI the image those are clipped in Xd breaks up in tiles to show up in Illustrator its frustrating to fix it

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Ability to preserve scroll position between transitions within a scroll group

This would solve a problem I'm currently having with Adobe XD. I'm unable to create a transition that would preserve the scroll position within a scroll group.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Zoom out design to view more of the design

Description
    I would like to be able to zoom out the design and instead of having the design become smaller, I want to be able to view a larger portion of the design. In other words, the viewable height should be expandable.

Value
    This would allow me to create screenshots of sections of the design which don't fit in the default viewable portion of the design. At the moment I would have to create multiple screenshots and combine these screenshots together myself.

And it would also allow people to view the entire page design at once without having to scroll…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Automatic uninstallation of plugins with XD updates

It's the 3rd or 4th time it happens that with the creative cloud update or xd update, not sure because of which but all the plugins that I regularly use with XD for uninstalled and I have to go back and install all of them again. It's very frustrating and I hope you guys fix the issue as soon as possible.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Make sharing link previews to user only so user can view files from anywhere.

Make sharing link previews to user only so user can view files from anywhere without a shared link!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Real slideshow presentation mode

I know that XD is UI design software at first and that is the way it should always stay. But all those functionalities that XD has, makes it an awesome slideshow presentation tool.

As a designer I can't stand creating my own presentations on PowerPoint for example. The lack of control on visual tools in PowerPoint is just way too annoying. And I can guarantee that I'm not the only one!

XD would make a phenomenal difference here. So if you guys could please do one more presentation mode (online and offline) for presenting artboards that scale to the current…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  03: Share mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Make shortcut hotkeys for text align (left, center, right)

There should be keyboard hotkey shortcuts to quickly edit the text alignment.

SHIFT+ OPTION + L (Used to pull up my CC Library.. not as important.)
    SHIFT+ OPTION + R (Used to reload my plugins... not as important )
    SHIFT+ OPTION + C (NOT IN USE... maybe use this shortcut and have the 3 options cycle each time you hit it, left, center, right.)

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Update a Library with a single click

It would be great if libraries could be updated with a single click rather than the multiple click, pop-up window, sometimes blue bar on the bottom too, senseless process currently in place.

Updating assets in a document using a shared library could also do with "some" thought.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Build various animations within same artboard

It would be great if we didnt' have to duplicate screen just to demonstrate an interaction within the same page (or artbaord). As an example.. I'd like to build a 'collapse" animation for a certain content section, but in the same artboard, I have another CTA that takes you to a different screen. In prototype mode, instead of building three pages for these two animations (one is an interaction within the same page and one is a transition to a different page), it'd be great if I only had to have 2 artboards vs 3.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Ability to turn off Coediting

Add the ability to turn off coediting. It's creating all kinds of issues, and can't be turned off. It's absolutely appalling that this feature would be introduced without the ability to turn it off after enabling it.

150 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Restore deleted shared links

Have the option of recovering a link that you have deleted or at least that the deleted links go to a recycle bin and are inactive, with the possibility of recovering them if necessary

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  03: Share mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Interactions based on game controller trigger combinations

I use XD almost every day for wireframing and prototyping game interfaces for both mobile, PC, and console games. For mobile and PC games I'm pretty happy with the current feature set but I feel like there are a few improvements that would really help those doing UX for console games. Here are a few points, in particular, I'd love to see improved.

1) 'Combination' Trigger type for Interactions
    For interfaces in games you quite often need to press a combination of keys, buttons, or key + click to open menus. It would be great if you could set an…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! UserVoice works best when you file only one suggestion per ticket. I’ll change the title of this one to cover the combination trigger, and I encourage you to file the others as separate tickets.

17. Shear/Distort/Skew

Could we please have shear/distort/skew transform option of a vector object in Adobe Xd?

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. XD Mockup Scroll While Zoomed

When you are viewing a mockup on XD.Adobe if you zoom into the mockup, there is no functionality to move left and right around the screen. So you cannot zoom in on specific things.

Please allow for scrolling around a zoomed in page when in the browser.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Command line control for exporting renditions

Provide command line tool at least for exporting renditions.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Stop fixed position scrolling at a certain point

The option to fix the position of a layer has been a great addition in recent updates. It would also be great to be able to release a fixed layer at any point of your choosing.

For example, having a side panel filter fixed as you scroll down the page, but once the page reaches a certain point, the side panel filter no longer becomes fixed and you scroll past it as normal, and continue down the page without it showing on the screen.

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base