Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Upload XD document between profiles

I try to upload an XD file to my business profile (first download it from my personal profile). Unfortunately it will give an error that only psd or ai is possible. But at this link it says that it is possible...https://helpx.adobe.com/nl/enterprise/using/move-assets-across-profiles.html. So I expect this is a bug? Can you resolve this? Thanks.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Component variants (parent-child, inheritance)

While Adobe XD Team has certainly done an amazing work toward design systems creation in the tool, it still lack a bit of power.

Actually, it's quite tedious to create, maintain and use a design system in XD. Especially when working with multiple variants of a component.

Let's say I need too work on an app design and I want create my buttons in my design system : primary, secondary, alert, w/icon, large, small...

With the current XD, I only have 2 solutions and both have are really time consuming to maintain :

1. I need to create a separate component…

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. To be able to edit layers on top of a locked one

If I have overlapping layers and I want to edit one of them, I usually lock the ones I do not want edited/ to move. Using Illustrator, I can draw a rectangle and set it as my artboard background and work freely without it going anywhere. I can't seem to do this in Adobe XD.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Save as older version

an option to save XD files in older version, so people working on updated versions can share documents with people who can't upgrade

433 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

126 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow all states to be downloadable

Hi

If I have a dropdown that is collapsed when sharing my assets are not visible for download in the developers link. Not even if I expand the dropdown.

If I instead have my dropdown as expanded when sharing generating the link, the assets are visible in the developers link – until I collapse the dropdown. Then they are unavailable.

The assets should be available when the dropdown is open, whether it is done manually in the developers link or if the dropdown is expanded prior to generating the link.

Thanks.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. XD version for local cloud government organizations

I'm working in a government organization that is disconnected from the internet, so we can't work with ADOBE XD,
    I would like to request that you consider the possibility of publishing a version for government organizations that work on an internal network so we can work with XD without losing the capabilities of the tool
    or let me know if there is any solution for this kind of environment

116 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  03: Share mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Downgrade display performance to optimize for app speed

I would like to see a feature, much like in InDesign, where you can toggle the display performance settings for the art boards in file.

My company tends to keep a lot of screens and components in master files and working in those can become tedious due to CPU drag. It'd be great to be able to downgrade the display performance to more quickly navigate the file.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Color Agnostic Character Styles

I want the option when setting up character styles that there doesn't need to be a color associated with the character style.

For example, I set up my H1, H2, H3 with their respective font families, font weight, & font size. But my design has different background colors. Sometimes my H1 is lack on a white background, which is how I set it up in the Character Styles. While other times my H1 is white on a black background,. But if I change the H1 to white it no longer correlates to the H1 I setup in my character styles…

216 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

32 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Component override lost when copying between files

Our preferred workflow is to have a Xd-beta file for new development. When changes here are implemented the design gets moved to another file.

However, when copying artbords that contains components with overrides, these overrides are lost when the artbord is pasted in a new file. (both Xd-files are connected to the same master component file)

Would love if this could be fixed.

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi All -

Can you please detail out what’s your current workflow today in XD that lands you into that situation?

In other words, are the documents that you’re pasting into linked to the source document? are they “Saved As” versions of the source documents.

This extra info will help us identify what the issue is.

Thanks,
    Sherif

11. Swap any object with a component

I think XD should be feature like Renaming & Swap Symbol like Sketch & Figma. Where I can easily rename any selected component, layer, group or art board and easily swap symbol instead of drag and drop.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback! You can currently rename components in the assets panel. You can already swap components by dragging any component over any other component instance to replace one component to another. I’ll change this suggestion to reflect that.

12. Component should have its own coordinate system

position elements relative to the component coordinate system NOT THE RANDOM ARTBOARD IT IS ON!!!!

When you make a component it should have its own coordinate system where the upper left corner is 0, 0. It is insane that you reference the artboard for position and not the parent container (component). I know you thought was a good idea when you made it this way. I am sure you had to go to your boss to force the software developers to get this feature. I am sure that they had to write a work around to even get it to…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Responsive font size for different screens

Designing for web means mocking up, at minimum, for desktop and mobile. I have to create separate heading styles for both device sizes. Would be so so nice if I could define font sizes based on device widths for each heading style and swap them all at once, rather than tediously going through the mockups and updating each text box one-by-one.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Make PDF export free again

I use AdobeXD to design my (one page) CV. Everytime I update something, I need to create a new PDF, since you can't use SVG or PNG when applying somewhere (they most likely print it out for the personal interview).

So this limits me to 2 changes in the free version which I do not see as fair. Please make it unlimited again, thanks.

PS: With a bit of a workaround it is possible to convert SVG to PNG anyway, it is just totally unnecessary IMHO.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Migration of asset links to CC libraries leads to duplications and unnecessarily large libraries

We are using the Atomic Design approach and have built our files accordingly. There is an underlying pattern library with all the atoms. Then there is one file for each molecule, these files use the atoms. Finally, there are the files of the programs that plug atoms and molecules together. This file structure isn't entirely because of Atomic Design, but also because we are running into performance problems with our rather big files otherwise.
    With the old feature of linked assets that was never a problem, now we started to using the Library feature and are running into issues:
    I…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. RTL app display problems Adobe XD

Greetings.
    I'm a user from Israel I use the keyboard in Hebrew and English and when I change the language from English to Hebrew there are display problems that are caused as if I change the size of the object lengthwise it does not matter the text inside the field turns black to white however I noticed quite a few crashes in the app Disconnecting from the server and sometimes it crashes the interface is great I really like to use the app especially I can navigate between the other apps like Photoshop Illustrator etc.
    I have windows 11 maybe…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Components: Having variables throughout states

Working with components becomes a very cumbersome content management task when working with multiple states.

Simple example: a button component with standard, hover and active states. Re-use this component for another button and change the text – I have to update the text in each state separately.

Or have a pic that zooms on hover.

Would be best if I could designate a "variable" like text-field or pic-frame, once filled in in the "standard" state, it carries it´s content troughout different states and ONLY applies changes to it (color, size, …)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Components: Having variables throughout states

Working with components becomes a very cumbersome content management task when working with multiple states.

Simple example: a button component with standard, hover and active states. Re-use this component for another button and change the text – I have to update the text in each state separately.

Or have a pic that zooms on hover.

Would be best if I could designate a "variable" like text-field or pic-frame, once filled in in the "standard" state, it carries it´s content troughout different states and ONLY applies changes to it (color, size, …)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base