Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about
--------------------------------------------
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: On August 30, 2019 User Voice Bugs forum will transition to read-only.

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Master component versioning

A way to review all edits/changes made to a master component. For instance, a team is sharing a Design System and wants to see all the changes made to a component should they need to revert back and see who on their team made the change.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Automatically highlight color of an element on the assets panel

Please! The way is done is not good enough, it#s kind of inverted. I don't want to highlight all the elements painted with the same color, I need to know the color of a selected element. Please, make this work like in any other software.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Static / Fixed objects between transitions

When I swipe between screens I do not want the header and footer bar to slide with the transition, just the content area. Please create a function for this

1,182 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-started  ·  27 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Publish Character Style Names in Design Specs

When you are working with many different fonts it's handy to name them to keep check of what you are working with. However when uploading the design specs to hand over to the developer, it lists the font styles WITHOUT the custom names.

Please can you upload the style names too?

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  09: Design Specs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. I want the seperate prototype links back

I thinks its very annoying that you now force us to present the design specs and prototype in the same share cause now it's impossible to iterate these two documents separately. Most of the times my design specs and my prototypes are different iterations and must be shared separately. Often we iterate different prototypes and we send design specs for just sections of the design, the section that has been accepted for release. With the new setup it's impossible to continuous this strategy and it messes things up. Please give us back the opportunity to share ONE thing at the…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-needs-more-info  ·  3 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Options for viewport vs fixed overlay

Be able to choose between an overlay that appears over the viewport or an overlay that is fixed to a specific position within the artboard. This way we can account for two types of overlays:
    1. Overlays that are persistent like menu navigations
    2. Overlays that are situational like dropdowns within a form

116 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. XD Jira Plugin - Leverage JIRA Filters on Shared XD Boards

Enter a custom JIRA Filter ID either in the XD Plugin interface or the JIRA App Management.

This would populate the Filter by drop down in the JIRA XD Plugin interface.

Benefit: Leverage JIRAs powerful filtering to group Stories that need design and allows design teams to see the same group of Issues being worked on.

Note: For shared XD projects/boards.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Proportionally resize repeat grid

It should be geat to add a handle in the bottom right angle of a repeat grid to resize it proportionally

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Share groups of shared prototypes

After you Publish links they will appear in your personal "Published" section- and right now there is only possible to do two actions: Copy Link or Permanently Delete.

Is there a possibility to make a feature that will enable to " Share " or " Share all" these published links so they will appear in the " Shared With You " section of other members? (or another section just a suggestion).

If you have a big project and already have 100+ links there is really challenging to find, manage them or review them. Even If you are using JIRA or…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  03 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Edit a master component in-place/context of a screen

Currently editing a master component opens up the component on the pasteboard, out of context of the design.

It would be great if when a user right-clicks and selects "Edit Master Component", it allows to edit the master component in place of the current screen so that editing the component is in context of the broader screen design.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Master Component

Creating master component (Not a normal way we do now) If I can copy and paste a Master component and create the copy version the master component...

or relocating master component to a new file.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Can you explain a little more how you would imagine this working? It seems like you could move a master component into another document if you copied/pasted/converted to component, then shared the new document’s assets panel into your original document and then swap the symbol.

12. Relinking assets functionality

I have two XD files. One is for Symbols and one is for Exploration with linked assets to the Symbol file. Recently I cleaned up my Symbol file and renamed it with a new version number. Today I realized that my links are going back to the old file Symbol file (which makes sense logically) but is not what I want.

Not sure what I want here but few suggestions:
    - clearer overview where the linked files are coming from
    - possibility to relink
    - when saving a copy of a file, perhaps ask what to do

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Comments - @ Mentions should notify the email

In the comments when a mention (@) is used with an email - for e.g. @someone@something.com - It should send an email / notify that email about the comment. That way the user can action that comment. Invision has this feature and is such an important feature.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  03 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Choose whether to default mark to export

Add the ability to control the entire document export of assets and/or instead of defaulting to "mark for export" leave the checkbox empty.

Please STOP making decisions for us and let us choose how we want to use XD (The same goes for saving everything in the cloud by default).

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  04 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Overset text alert when text is not selected

It would be nice to have the same alert you get from Indesign regarding Overset text. Content is equally as important as design/prototyping in most projects so if there's no alert that indicates something's wrong before publishing a link for review, it just creates more room for error. The same reason applies to why it was needed in Indesign, really.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Support for SF Symbols

As Apple will encourage to use SF Symbols from iOS 13 and later, it could be great to add the support inside Adobe XD so iOS designers can also use this software once Apple make their UI Kit available for XD.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  07 : Mobile (iOS)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Make installation via system account (Windows 10, enterprise env.), wo. a user profile available at the time of the installation possible

Currently it's not possible to deploy XD via MS SCCM because SCCM uses the system account which has no profile. This is a no no for large scale environments. If you let users manage their software each of them works with another version of the same product, which eventually leads to countless support calls ("why can't I access the XD files of team A? Why uses he features I don't have?") Furthermore you can't uninstall properly software via SCCM, if the user installed the respective Software, because the user has a profile where as the system account doesn't. Currently I'm…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Annotate in design mode and have annotations publish to prototypes and design specs

Add a comment to an element in design mode. If I want to explain to my client, that the background he sees now, is actually in motion, comments are a good tool. The downside: I have to publish my design first in order to add comments to it. My request: The ability to add comments to an element in design mode. Those comments should then be visible in the shared review and / or the design specs. (like: this button changes on hover...)

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Multiple "Reset to master component"

I would like to be able to select multiple components and reset to master, instead of having to do that one at a time.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Exporting animations into .json file (from XD) without using After effect & Lottie

Add the possibility to export micro-animations directly into .json files from Adobe XD.

The process for creating a micro-animation for native iOS & Android app is a real, real pain in the a**. For now, we need to export the design into After Effect, then animate it (again) to export it with Lottie.

Since Adobe XD can create animations pretty easily with auto-animate, we should be able to export an animation straight into .json file (without using After Effect and Lottie). That feature would let us save a lot of time!

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  04 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base