Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about
--------------------------------------------
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: On August 30, 2019 User Voice Bugs forum will transition to read-only.

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Reset different aspects of a component

Currently "Reset to master component" resets all aspects of a component including text overwrites and color overwrites.

I'd like to have the option to keep specific overrides of a component on reset. e.g.:
    - Keep text overwrites
    - Keep color overwrites
    - Keep image overwrite

This would help to keep content and design separated and be very helpful. Especially If local adjustments where made and master was changed afterwards

Currently "Reset to master component" is the same as "Delete component" + "Paste master in original position". As a result I need to re-enter everything again.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

feature-under-review  ·  1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Change Save As behavior to remove Copy of

Remove "Copy of" text from filename when I "Save As" — Change to number increment

Every time I want to save a new iteration of my file, I hit Command+Shift+S to "Save As".

XD automatically adds "copy of" to the beginning of the filename and I have to delete it every. Single. Time.

Does anybody actually names their files this way? You'd end up with "copy of copy of copy of copy of filename" instead of a simple numbered "filename 5".

Would be cool to see XD smartly increase the number by 1 every time like it does with the artboards.…

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Resize on hover from center point instead of top-left corner

Can we have it that if hover state is bigger than default state, it will resize from center point.

I'm thinking of using cards components on my designs, and having them get bigger on hover. but to be honest with ya, having them resize from top-left corner on hover is weird AF.

I can't think of a scenario where resizing from top-left corner on hover is expected. but def. resizing from center point is the more used up case.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Ctrl + Shift + Tab should navigate to previous mode

For now, Ctrl+tab navigating to next tab (design > prototype > share). But Ctrl+shift+tab not navigating to the previous tab (design < prototype < share)

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Next/Previous State interaction

Add an option to toggle between states instead of choosing a specific state to go to.
    In some cases like a gallery, carousel, counters etc, the interaction is linear and a a single next/previous interaction can apply to all states.
    It will save a lot of time and errors to define a single interaction and apply to all states.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Independent paragraph spacing options (before/after)

Like photoshop, being able to set left/right indents. Also having the ability to set different before/after spacing and leading in the same text box to eliminate having to have a lot of text boxes on an artboard.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback! UserVoice works best if you separate out your feedback by individual feature requests. I’ll change this ticket to focus on independent before/after paragraph spacing.

7. Flow view share link

Currently the URL for a shared link is the same between GRID view and FLOW view. Is it possible to have a separate link for these. Eg. https://xd.adobe.com/view/unique-id/grid and https://xd.adobe.com/view/unique-id/flow ?

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Manage shared links within a file

It should be possible to delete a shared link within the file or at least regenerate a link, not only through the link manager.
    For example, if I use a file created for project A for another purpose (project B), the existing link is no longer relevant for the project B but is still relevant for project A. So I need manage this link within the file

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  03: Share mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Improve contrast in measurement decorations

The distance between objects hotkey is amazing, but very often hard to read, due to the overlap of other objects or background colors. I've attached two examples where the distance between objects is very hard to see.

Putting the measurement in a box would make sure it is always easy to read

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Show Layout Grid in Development Share Link

Show layout grids on artboards when in development mode - how this feature (https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/inspect-design-specs.html#Viewandinspectlayoutgridproperties) was removed as a feature with update 24.x boggles me...

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Manage access rights for cloud documents (view-only, read-only)

I manage sticker sheets for my UX team. It is too easy for anyone including myself to accidentally make undesired adjustments to the sticker sheet which will be pushed to everyone that I have shared it with.

There needs to be a toggle to switch between edit mode and view mode so these mistakes are avoided.

I would also like to be able to set varying security rights so that some people will be able to edit and others will only be able to view.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Search document in cloud

Hello, I need search button to search document in cloud. Please add search option. currently its very difficult to find specific document on cloud storage.

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Paste above selected layer (another artboard)

If I copy a specific layer to another artboard, it should be placed above the chosen layer of the artboard, not on the top off all layers.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Lock attributes between states

When using states for controls, there is no logic in making each states a different size or label. It would save a lot of time and mistakes to lock some attributes that will always be identical between states.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. .exe export

Hi
    I needed to .exe export when I create a project demo on prototyping mode to sending this export to the manager or somebody that he doesn't have XD on his Computer.
    please add .exe export in this section.
    thank's a lot.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Create new Symbol from Existing Symbol (while preserving states)

I'm using the new convert sketch library in XD to import all the different libraries i have. While I appreciate the ability to add states, it has one major flaw.

I cannot create a new symbol from an existing symbol that already has the states i want in it.

A good example of this is my button system. See screenshot for how it exists in sketch now.

Basically i have 20 different types of buttons (this is an enterprise design system) each with 2 different sizes (big and small) and each of those button types comes in 5 states:

Default,…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. A plugin to create editable tables in XD

I use XD to create presentations and often need to use tables (for a budget slide, for example). I’d love to see a plugin that lets you create and manage tables!

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Exporting animations into .json file (from XD) without using After effect & Lottie

Add the possibility to export micro-animations directly into .json files from Adobe XD.

The process for creating a micro-animation for native iOS & Android app is a real, real pain in the a**. For now, we need to export the design into After Effect, then animate it (again) to export it with Lottie.

Since Adobe XD can create animations pretty easily with auto-animate, we should be able to export an animation straight into .json file (without using After Effect and Lottie). That feature would let us save a lot of time!

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Archive prototypes

I have a ton of prototypes. In addition to adding folders (covered in other requests) I would like the ability to archive old prototypes.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Export XD assets panel to SASS

I'm a developer and I need to turn a designer's design into css code.
    The assets panel now has only one group of colors. But the css divide the colors into background-colors, border-colors, and font colors.Can the asset panel add these groups so that they are consistent with the web code?

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base