Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Layer blending modes need to be supported when exporting jpgs, pngs, pdfs etc...

Currently when trying to export a preview JPG or cut assets, if an asset layer uses a blending mode the exported file will ignore the blending mode and revert it to its original state.

Example, if you have a dark blue background color and want to create a glow with a white circle with a blur, setting the blending mode to overlay will change the color of this white glow to a lighter blue color of the background color - when exported to jpg or png it will appear white.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Apply multiple paragraph styles within same text box

It would be helpful to apply multiple paragraph styles within the same text box. This is particularly helpful for long bodies of text such as visualising a blog page. Currently you have to split each header, sub head and body copy block into separate text boxes.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Stacks: support both horizontal and vertical at the same time

Horizontal and Vertical options are nice, but in development there are many cases where you need to use both, especially for any items that wrap. I've included an idea to offer both options that will make stacks even better.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Stop fixed position scrolling at a certain point

The option to fix the position of a layer has been a great addition in recent updates. It would also be great to be able to release a fixed layer at any point of your choosing.

For example, having a side panel filter fixed as you scroll down the page, but once the page reaches a certain point, the side panel filter no longer becomes fixed and you scroll past it as normal, and continue down the page without it showing on the screen.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Libraries increase the design file size

When I use a library file its MBs get added to every of the design files I use. And if I nest a library in another one e.g. I have some patterns that combine multiple component libraries, the pattern library becomes huge, slow, and impractical to use. Why is it that libraries have to be "copied" and their size added to that of the design file. There must be a more optimal way to handle libraries.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for reaching out. Since you asked, libraries are sync’d into your document in order to enable you to work while disconnected. That being said, we’re looking at alternate ways of sync’ing linked assets, so I’ll keep this open.

6. Sort components in assets panel alphabetically

It would be beneficial for us to sort the Components list by name (Alphabetically). Reason being, when we attach the Cloud doc to a new project file, components seem to be in a random order. If we could re-sort the list alphabetically on each file, it would make organization of large counts of components much easier.

94 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

27 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Plugin for Grammar.ly

PLEASE ADD GRAMMARLY PLUGIN IN XD

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Download Shared Link/ Prototype as clickable offline HTML

From previous outage and CC issues on May 27, It would be great if we can have backup plan when online assets, shared links could not be accessed.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  03: Share mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Renaming component's default state

Components can be very different from one another and the initial state can mean different contexts to the user.

Let us be able to rename the component's default state, so it can make more sense during the component building process.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. WebAIM accessibility plugin

Accessibility plugin to test a design's accessibility with WebAIM https://webaim.org. Or the ability for a prototype to be read by the WAVE Web Accessibility App. https://wave.webaim.org

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Promote component state to master component

It's possible to reset the state of subcomponents to the status of the master component. Somethimes Iam editing subcomponents in a way that I like the design of them more and I want to adapt all other components accordingly. For this I have to do all changes for the master component again. I would like to have the option to create a new master component from a subcomponent or reset the master component to the state of a subcomponent.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. [Windows] Horizontal Scroll not working on windows at View Prototype Mode

Ive tried the new features its cool. But Horizontal Scroll doesnt work on windows where you in preview mode. However, when generate links, it works well browing using the links

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. More default component states (on-click, on-tap, on-mousedown, visited, on-focus)

FINALLY there's a hover state on components! GREAT!

However I quickly ran into a limitation. When the user touches a button or clicks it with the mouse/trackpad, the button needs an "on tap" or "on click" state that very briefly changes a button's appearance to give the visual feedback "your click or touch was detected".

So now that you have HOVER please add ON CLICK/TAP ort whatever you want to cal it.

Basically the component state changes for a definable amount of time before the destination or next state is triggered.

While you're at it, how's about looking at some…

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. "Scroll To" anchor inside Scroll Group

The feature to link buttons that scroll to anchors in artboards is great! I think the next step would be to allow us to "Scroll To" not only objects on the artboard but also objects inside scroll groups that overflow the artboard.

With this feature we could create internal navigation menus that allow the user to easily explore the content of an overflowing container by jumping from anchor to anchor.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Menu to select specific layers under your cursors click-position

I would love to right-click on a spot and go to a layers-list and see all layers underneath my cursor so I can "dig deep" and even select locked layers by simply right-clicking on them, go to "layers" and then see a hierarchy of everything (even locked items) and select the one I want and change it/remove it. See screenshot for further explanation (As in Sketch and Figma).

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Resize on hover from center point instead of top-left corner

Can we have it that if hover state is bigger than default state, it will resize from center point.

I'm thinking of using cards components on my designs, and having them get bigger on hover. but to be honest with ya, having them resize from top-left corner on hover is weird AF.

I can't think of a scenario where resizing from top-left corner on hover is expected. but def. resizing from center point is the more used up case.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Flaticon.com Integration - Great Icon SVGs!

The Flaticon.com website has MANY FREE & AWESOME icons or .svg files. It would be a stupendous idea to integrate an API of theirs into Adobe XD to quickly pull in svgs from their website for quick workflows! They have very high quality graphics that would make Adobe XD even more fun to use.

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Export to PDF: Problem with masked images in a shape

Hi,
    When I export my artboards to PDF format, Images which are masked with shape are misplaced. I've attached the images from my Artboard and image from the exported PDF format for the comparison & reference. Please look into it as soon as possible.

Thank you.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. One single interaction can trigger multiple actions to take place.

I found when designing navigation for a single page site, I want the button to change color while on a specific part of the page. It would be nice if one interaction like tap, could trigger multiple interactions to take place.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Show hints for hover states

A user testing the prototype in the browser is not sure which components have hover states and thus miss all that the prototype has to offer.

It will be great to also have hints for hovers, similar to hotspot hints.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base