Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Stop fixed position scrolling at a certain point

The option to fix the position of a layer has been a great addition in recent updates. It would also be great to be able to release a fixed layer at any point of your choosing.

For example, having a side panel filter fixed as you scroll down the page, but once the page reaches a certain point, the side panel filter no longer becomes fixed and you scroll past it as normal, and continue down the page without it showing on the screen.

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Update a Library with a single click

It would be great if libraries could be updated with a single click rather than the multiple click, pop-up window, sometimes blue bar on the bottom too, senseless process currently in place.

Updating assets in a document using a shared library could also do with "some" thought.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Duplicate a component

Sometimes I want to create a different version of a component and need to be able to duplicate one and make it the parent component of another component branch.

Let me explain, I am with a primary button component, and I have already created the default, hover, pressed and disabled version. And I want to create the minor version of this button that changes in few things, but I don't want to have to repeat all the buttons one by one with all their versions ...

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Apply multiple paragraph styles within same text box

It would be helpful to apply multiple paragraph styles within the same text box. This is particularly helpful for long bodies of text such as visualising a blog page. Currently you have to split each header, sub head and body copy block into separate text boxes.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Layout Grid Linked Left & Right Margin

I believe, this is major bug in Adobe XD, Photoshop Guid Layout is perfect. In this way out layout is not going to be in center. If we use Align Center then there is no use.

If I enter any value to "linked left and right align" feature, it automatically convert to "Different margin for each section" feature.

I guess the issue is column width. It need to be calculate automatically. 

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Scale all component states when scaling the instance

I have animated icons with auto animate and wish to use them in two sizes: Small size in the menu and big size in the features page.
    When I scale up or down the component it only scale that one specific state. We need it a way to scale all states so we can have a few less components. and a fast workflow.

149 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

27 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Show Component Dependencies

When working with linked components, there are often times when individual components will 'mysteriously' not allow operations like delete, make local, etc.
    This is usually because the selected component is a sub-component another compound components.
    The process of finding out which other components in the library depend on the selected components is difficult even for the designer who created the components. It's nearly impossible for collaborators.

If a function like "Show Dependencies" were added to the right-click context menu of components that fall into this category, it would be much easier to manage.

I envision this feature as filtering the…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow ability to share whole design file vs Flow within file

Why am I being forced to only share a flow within the larger art file when I try to share dev links? Im unable to unclick Flow 1 in this scenario. I want the share the desktop implementations in the same link as well..

Hope to be contacted by support with the solution. Hopefully this feature already exists. thx

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  03: Share mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Put the tooltips above the mouse not under it please!

Can you please put the tooltips ABOVE above or above the mouse not under it! This is so annoying. Why would you put tooltips under the mouse so we can't read them? I'm old and my eyes are going and my mouse cursor is big so all the tooltips get placed under them.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow Adjacent/Overlapping Component States

Currently if you create two component states with adjacent areas they will trigger each other when used even if there is no area which actually overlaps. I've included an example of what I mean in the video.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Real slideshow presentation mode

I know that XD is UI design software at first and that is the way it should always stay. But all those functionalities that XD has, makes it an awesome slideshow presentation tool.

As a designer I can't stand creating my own presentations on PowerPoint for example. The lack of control on visual tools in PowerPoint is just way too annoying. And I can guarantee that I'm not the only one!

XD would make a phenomenal difference here. So if you guys could please do one more presentation mode (online and offline) for presenting artboards that scale to the current…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  03: Share mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. List which project documents use a specific component from a library

The ability to select a component in a library and see a list of cloud documents that include at least one instance of the selected component.

If that is too complicated a lift, we could settle for a list of cloud documents that contain the selected component in its list of Document Assets.

Use Cases:

1. Want to delete a component but don't know for sure where it's being used.

2. Component has several states and designer can't remember why a certain state exists. Seeing where the component is used will help make that determination. Similar to case 1, this would also…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Drafts design separate organization

Old designs isn't less important to us "Designers" from the final ones,
    as it is considered as an evidence about the product development with the process,
    But we too don't like to have a crowd work space with those old designs,
    so we need something like a separate folder named "Drafts" for example so that the workspace still clean and wide while we can return to our old design easily as well,

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Grid responsive in scale with objects/components

The main issue I encounter is no matter which manual setting I set for responsive design the object does not scale proportionally with the column grid. So if the column with is 20px and the object is 20px when I made the object responsive and the board, the object will end up shorter than the gride so the pixel scaling is not proportionate to each other.

I also use Figma, and in their app when you change the responsive width of the board the object resizes to scale with the columns, this is not the case with Adobe XD. This…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. XD VS Code extension documentation markdown input improvements

The markdown renderer has some bugs such as:
    - not soft-wrapping line breaks
    - not making naked urls clickable
    - no syntax highlighting for code blocks (e.g. ```js)

Also the tags are not alphabetically sorted and can't be re-arranged.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  06 : Extensibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. enable push / pull elements for components

When I create a component with stages of different height (like an Akordeon that can be collapsed or expanded) I would like to be able to select "push / pull elements", so that when the stage of the component is changed to the expanded version, the elements that are visible below this component move down to make room for the expanded version
    Vice versa for choosing the collapsed state (the elements return to their original position).
    The space between the component and the elements below should stay the same.
    Axure has a feature like this and i really miss it,…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Fix mask issue when you export in PDF

It's an issue when you export to PDF and the design have a MASK. The content inside of the mask it's generated with zoom inside of the mask.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Repeat grid boundaries should clip to element boundaries without clipping shadows

I created a set of cards recently, with at least 50px shadow around them. When I wanted to create a repeat-grid out of it, it calculated the repeat-grid-items from where the shadow started and not the grid. This made it super difficult to work inside my grid. Please ignore the shadows as these are not part of the layout and the grid should be only for the elements and not the shadow.

52 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Repeat grid doesn't respect auto height text in a group with stacks enabled

In the table example shown below, the text element in the third column is set to auto height. All of the table cells are in Cell Group, which was then grouped with the horizontal line below Cell Group to create Row Group. Row Group has stacking turned on so that the horizontal line is always 16px below Cell Group.

This is all well and good until Repeat Grid enters the picture. If I create a repeat grid from Row Group, set the grid spacing to 16px, then populate variable height content into Column 3, I get the mess shown in…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Alias, Size, and Custom Tokens available in XD

It would be great to have the Alias, Size, and Custom Tokens available in XD for when I'm designing. Currently my color tokens only show the global versions, and I can't add additional swatches if they share a hex value. We don't want developers using global tokens if an alias or component token exists, so it would be great to have these available to me as I design.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base