Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Renaming multiple layers at once

I was trying to rename multiple layers at once but I can only select 1 layer at a time when I search on the layers panel. XD does not allow me to select multiple layers right now.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Child component state shouldn't persist across various parent component states when changed in those states

I have Parent Component which has state A (default), B, and C, then inside it I have Child Component with states A (default), B, and C. In state A of the master Parent Component I set Child Components state to A. In state B of Parent Component I set Child Component's state to B. In state C of Parent Component I set Child Component's state to C.

Now I create a new Instance of Parent Component. It defaults to state A with Child Component inside in the default state of A, but if I change my Parent Component instance to…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Remove Share in keyboard shortcut when tabbing between Design, Prototype, Share

Love the new update with states, versioning and co-editing!!! Awesome!!!

Though there's one thing in the new update that is quite annoying. When working I always tab between between Design and Prototype mode using Ctrl + tab. The new update expects me to Design then prototype and then share. I feel the share screen gets in the way when toggling between design and prototype.

For me my workflow is:
    Design -> Prototype -> Design -> Prototype -> Design -> Prototype (and then Share after many iterations)

The new change "forces" me to go to the Share screen after each prototype…

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Drag from one component state to another

I cannot believe this is even true. Can you not drag from one component state to another? Surely you don't still have to create an art board for each drag position? Please say I am wrong... If not, I would like to strongly suggest that dragging within components to other component state is a feature please. Thanks

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. import MILANOTE assets

Preview and import MILANOTE assets, Its one and all interactive note-taking app

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Windows 10 Start menu icon

The icon for Adobe XD in the Windows 10 Startmenu does not have the same style as the other Adobe-apps. It has white background and the logo is much bigger.
    This is when the icon is set to the size "Small". When set to "Medium" it looks ok.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Enable quick saving for Local File Systems

Since the new update you have this super unnecesary complicated hotkey for "saving locally" but no hotkey for quicksaving your file locally.

Probably the best option would be to have this in Xd settings to change your default space for saving like in Illustrator.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Manage access rights for cloud documents (view-only, read-only)

I manage sticker sheets for my UX team. It is too easy for anyone including myself to accidentally make undesired adjustments to the sticker sheet which will be pushed to everyone that I have shared it with.

There needs to be a toggle to switch between edit mode and view mode so these mistakes are avoided.

I would also like to be able to set varying security rights so that some people will be able to edit and others will only be able to view.

67 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Immediately apply changes to component which is inside of another component when changing master component

1. Why components inside of another component are not changing immediately?
      When I have component inside of a group and I change the master component, those components inside of a group are changing immediately. But when i convert the group to component, I have to right-click every component inside that component and apply changes.

Is there a way to at least apply those changes to whole document? Or why it is not changing immediately?

1. If I have hundreds of child components inside of another component I would have to right-click all of them to apply changes from master component.
      It would…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. A component nested into another component should show the override version rather than the master version when pulled from the menu

Senario:
    We create a button with a rectangle fill and generic text and turn it into a master component called "button". We then place an instance of that button into a master "footer" component and override the generic text of the button to be specific to the footer. If I now copy/paste the footer component it keeps the override text. If I opt+drag to copy the footer it keeps the override text. BUT if I drag the component out from the component menu all nested components revert back to the text from their masters.

Expected result:
    Everything in a master…

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Paste and import images into pasteboard instead of Artboard

From my understanding a pasteboard collection contains any object created in the gray area outside any artboard. If that's the case then why can't I importan an image directly into the pasteboard and not the artboard itself? As far as what this would be used for, it could be used for stensil or an example of what you want to replicate as a set of arboards. Say you had a few hand-sketches, you scanned it and imported into XD and now you want to start building a hihger-fidelity wires.

Right now the moment I paste something or import something into…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Yes, I did give you a workaround, and then asked you a question as to how you’d like it to work.

If you wanted XD to avoid visible artboards, what would you want it to do if you had a bunch of artboards in view? Would you want it to paste off screen? Or would you want it to resize to fit the pasteboard?

13. import webp image format

Please allow webp images format to be imported or drag & drop directly to artboard.

This will lessen the time to convert webp to jpg, png, etc.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Stack : Not working with Component - Default state to Next State that animate larger

With the new update the stack and scrolling verticaly/horizoontaly.

Create Component -> Repeat Grid -> Ungroup -> Group - > Create Stack ->inside the stack main component -> Create new state (After) -> On after state(Make the space vericaly larger) ->Default to normal state back -> press preview.

Result : Inise Xd Programe, is shows that the component is pushing the stack. When preview mode, doesnt push the stack accordingly.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 407 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

33 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Embed YouTube videos in prototypes

Please add an option to embed youtube videos and make it a component.
    Thanks

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Import vuetify components for edit in XD

Vuetify components to be altered in XD would be great!

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Export text strings from Artboards to process then for multi-language support

Export/Import text strings used on the Artboards as csv, xsl or other formats so that the data can be used for processing multi-language support. This will allow developers to see how prototype look like for different language and allow translators to work with the strings.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Rethink the component system

In a design system we need hierarchy and inheritance. At this point XD handles these a really poor way.

Important principles:

Embedded / nested components
    If I embed a component and change it, the change should be the new default, so when I make new instances of the master, the subcomponent should NOT be reset.

States
    If I create a new state, and change the elements / subcomponents, only the property changes I made should be saved in the new state. ALL OTHERS should be exactly as in the master. This should work in the property level, so if the…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Option to maintain comments/pins when creating new link

As you're aware, comments/pins can be applied to a prototype once a link has been generated. However, if a new link has been generated since the previously generated link, then the previously applied pins are erased. When generating a new link, introducing an option which allows the user to carry the pins over to the new link would be very useful feature.

Duplicating or resaving a document does not retain the comments/pins.

Perhaps having the option to apply comments directly within XD could be the way forward. This would allow the creator of the document to add notes, or even…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  03: Share mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base