Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about
--------------------------------------------
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: On August 30, 2019 User Voice Bugs forum will transition to read-only.

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Responsive Artboard

XD currently pretty well handles responsive resizing of elements. Why not make it available for the whole artboard?

You would be able to set an artboard as responsive, so on preview/developer view, the artboard width can be changed and all elements placed on this artboard will be scaled up or down accordingly (including the grid - but to do this, there must be an option to define a grid with percentage values).

Placing elements on your artboard, you can also define their width as a percentage of the column width, or multiple column width.

You can also define breakpoints. Then…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Disclosure triangles instead of double click to open a layers panel group

Why do I need to click 2 times on an folder on the layers panel to open it?
    I think it works better on Photoshop when the folder as a triangle with drop down.
    every time to get inside a folder the user needs to double click it is not comfortable for the user. I prefer the Photoshop convention

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Framer x like stacks

Adobe XD is still lagging behind on features that make other tools amazing like Framer X and Stack Groups, Sketch has it as well with plugins like Anima.

Being able to set fixed elements that work like real life flexbox make the process 10x faster.

Framer X also lets you adjust padding all around of a background

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Turn off the setting to navigate the art board with the left and right keys

I want to turn off the setting to navigate the art board with the left and right keys when previewing.

Generate problems during usability testing.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Independent paragraph spacing options (before/after)

Like photoshop, being able to set left/right indents. Also having the ability to set different before/after spacing and leading in the same text box to eliminate having to have a lot of text boxes on an artboard.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback! UserVoice works best if you separate out your feedback by individual feature requests. I’ll change this ticket to focus on independent before/after paragraph spacing.

6. Relink components to a different master

It would be helpful to relink all instances of a linked component in a given document to a different component, in similar fashion to relinking an image in InDesign to a different external image source.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. option to disable native keyboard navigation between artboard

Hey Adobe, may update is great, Keyboard trigger is great but…(always a "but")
    I made a prototype that i can manipulate with the arrows and i don't want the native left and right navigation to be active when i test my prototype.
    I think a little option is missing in a general project parameters.

Thank you !

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for reaching out to us! Jason has information for you in a comment: “When sharing, uncheck “Show Navigation Controls”. Doing this will (1) remove the left/right buttons displayed below the prototype and (2) disable arrow key navigation.”

Please let us know if this resolves your issue! If so, we can close this ticket.

9. Hide viewport line from artboard

Hi, I would like the viewport dotted line not to be visible while I am designing. Sometimes I just like to have a bird-eye view on my design and I don't want more clutter there.
    It can be only the indicator in the left side active, and on click the dotted line can appear.

Thanks!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Fixed/sticky after scrolling

First of all, congrats on the new update, it's awesome!

One of the most awaited features for me was the fixed/sticky option. One thing that got in my mind after trying it was making something "stick" after scrolling, like a "go back top" button, which you don't want to have before you actually start scrolling.

80 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Apply text from the document to repeat grid

What if we could add text rows ALSO directly from Xd withous using TXT files? Here is my suggestion to make repeat grid better IMHO.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Rectangular Marquee Measurement Tool

A tool that allowed me to make rectanular measurements would be useful. It could behave like the selecting marquee tools in PS.
    https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/selecting-marquee-tools.html

This would be valuable because it would quickly give more specs to parts of the mockup that are not always XD elements. For example, if there was part of a mockup that was a screenshot, the XD measurement tools are not as accurate. Also is helpful for finding sizes of invisible containers. This would allow developers to freely grab measurements quickly for anything on the page.

Thank you!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  09: Design Specs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Show Gradient Stops Percent

Currently there's no way to know the percentage of the Gradient Stops.

I need to know where each color on the gradient is (from 0 to 1 or 0% to 100%) in order to translate this into code for an App.

In the image attached you can see the problem. Tell me where the middle circle is. It's not at 50%, maybe 57%? Maybe 55%? This wastes development time for something so simple.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Drag and Drop Interaction

I'd love to be able to prototype drag and drop interactions (hover effect, ability to move an item on screen, and ideally trigger when something is dropped onto an object).

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Support negative values in paragraph spacing

The ability to add minus values in the paragraph spacing box to decrease paragraph spacing from default.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Auto-animate stroke dash and gap values

Currently the stroke width is animated with auto-animate,
    would be cool also to get the "Trim Paths"-style (After Effects) stroke
    length animation for creating animations for outlined illustrations.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. save for web feature like photoshop for exporting assets

When I export assets from xd, it generally takes more space. And I can't directly import files from xd to photoshop, so first I have to import into illustrator and then to photoshop and then I can use save for web to optimize my assets.
    So please incorporate a feature so that I can directly export assets from xd with compression.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  03 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Make the keyboard shortcut for Assets/ Layers toggle the same

Please, can you make the keyboard shortcut to switch between the asset panel and layers the same?

My brain absolutely cannot get used to 'Shift' 'Command' + 'Y' to go to assets then 'Command' +'Y'. I end up turning off the panel and then turning it back on every time before doing the correct shortcut 🤪

Make it just be 'Command' + 'Y' to toggle assets and layers!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Find next component (highlight on canvas one-by-one)

To whom this may concern,

Hello,

I am one of the Adobe XD users and just have few questions regarding any planned updates for the functions of “highlight on canvas” function in the Assets Panel.
    Currently on the artboard, it is clearly indicated where the function is on the Assets Panel, but for the large-scale projects, where many artboards are maintained, it is difficult to determine where exactly the component is highlighted, even when the function is used.
    Also, during the execution of a large-scale project, it is difficult to determine where each personnel has used the canvas.
    If I…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  09: Design Specs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Tag comments as !Important

Add a button or some way to allow the commenter or Owner to mark comments as "Important". This would visually change the comment itself as well as the pin, if it's pinned. The button or status could also be clicked again/removed to allow the comment to go back to normal status and not Important.

Attached is a quick example of what could be done, to allow the eyes to quickly see what's been marked priority over other comments.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  03 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base