Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. State of child component can change state of parent component

Scenario:

I have a layout component where several things change based on the state of a nested toggle control.

When the toggle changes, I need the parent component's state to change.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Merge different components, overriding one of the selected

Sometimes I start ending up having 2 different components that are doing the same thing, I would like to be able to merge both into one single component, making easier to keep track of all the main components.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Override component main state with a different design inside a child component

The idea would be that by mistake I edited a child component and started to copy-paste it. If then I want to edit the main component, I am not able to override it. So the idea would be to have an option to set the child component design as the new main component.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Export artboards and assets with custom name (PDF, PNG, JPG, ...) on Windows

XD doesn't have the natural option to write a custom name when the file is exported in any of the options in export menu, it's kinda odd to go to windows explorer and rename the file if we want to keep a version of exported files.

On mac version this option is available but not in Windows.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. selected object's name and type in property inspector

Could show a breadcrumb, or at least a name and a type of the currently selected object at the top of property inspector? You could always rely on the layer panel to find it out, but there are times when you really want to keep other panels open.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Enable editing of elements that have been selected with 'highlight on canvas' option from the assets panel

I'm having a situation where I have to replace the colour of multiple instances of objects that are not a component. Currently I'm using a plugin called 'Recolor' and it works great in most occasions, but I just ran into a case where it doesn't work:

The objects that I'm trying to replace are not with solid colour, but have some opacity and when I use the plugin to replace the colour, it sets the opacity back to 100%.

The plugin aside, I just thought that when you use the option 'highlight on canvas' you're essentially selecting objects with the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Select multiple objects and give them the same event

Sometimes I have the need to select several objects, components or texts and I want to give them all the same event, that they all go to the same page for example. And I find it tedious to have to select the elements one by one and repeat exactly the same task of adding the same event to them.

Sometimes two components are so similar to each other that I need to select several and change their states. Considering that they have the same states and are almost the same, why do I have to go one by one repeating…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Create sections in shared prototype grid view

the dev team has been nagging a lot that they dislike using the xd link as a prototype tool, they mentioned that it's confusing takes a lot of time to load.
    They mentioned that they prefer invision instead
    But as a product designer, I do prefer XD as a design tool.

It would be nice to enhance the shared link for the dev,
    - ability to upload a single non-prototyped artboard to the link
    - ability to upload different flows in one link
    - ability to create/rename sections in the link itself
    - ability to remove artboards from the link …

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  03: Share mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Bodymovin plugin

Bodymovin plugin for after effects must be made for adobe xd too...it will help to turn the prototype animations to html code

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Ability to update selected artboards rather the updating the entire prototype

most of my project are huge and heavy, not less than 200 artboard

I would like the ability to update certain or specific artboards on the link rather than uploading all the link again

that's time-consuming.

plus some times I would like to share specific changes done with my manager while other changes are still under going-which I don't want my manager to see yet

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Columns within area text

The ability to set column amount and gutter size within a single text box.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Elements Can Become Fixed or Unfixed at Specific Points on the Page

The ability to specify where an element is fixed on the page.

For example, when scrolling through a news article, supplemental information like images or footnotes could float in the margin while scrolling the appropriate section, and then keep scrolling with the page once the section ends.

This would allow for much stronger prototyping of navigation items, prompts, alerts etc. etc.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Export to Ruby on Rails

Convert a web design in XD to templated code/pages that can be imported into a Ruby on Rails project

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Relocating master components

Sometimes you need to reorganize your design system files. Once you have created a master components, you cannot move it to another file, and you are stuck with the current file forever.
    It would be great if you can just move your Master Component from one document to another.

303 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

51 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Ensure component states are supported by XD development API

I'm using a platform, called Zeroheight, to create my company design system. It has a plugin that integrates with Adobe XD.
    I'm trying to display, on my design system, all the components states and be able to interact with them on the platform.
    I was informed by the support team of zeroheight that the adobe XD API doesn't support states and for that reason, they can't have access to components states.

This would really add value to my work! Thanks.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  06 : Extensibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Snap points in scroll groups

Let the user set points (similar to anchor links in artboards) so the animation snaps in scroll groups.
    The scenario is to prototype app icons in several menu pages situation, so you scroll right and left snapping to each page.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. co-working live browser view for non-designers

Arowser-based "follow" feature for co-working sessions with markeing and developers. I really LOVE that feature in Figma - and I love how XD works for me as a UX Designer. Asking developers to download an app to follow when I work live is unacceptable when it works incredibly well in Figma.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Import graphics in Document assets - CC Libraries

Hi,

Perhaps I misunderstand the point and how to actually work with libraries. However, I see in point of being able to add for example graphics to a document assets library. It would avoid me from constantly looking in file managers for needed assets, and not forcing me to have multiple libraries. Would also like the ability to be able to drag objects from the doc assets to a shape, screen, etc.

thanks for a great product,

Kim

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Variable / no padding on one of the sides

The padding tool is great, but for some cases, it would be great to have a possibility to leave it undefined. Example: I have a component that has a background and a text in it. I want to use it in a way that the background will take all the available space on the right of the text, regardless of the length of the text inside. Now I will not be able to do it otherwise than manually adjust the padding for each instance of this component.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Shear/Distort/Skew

Could we please have shear/distort/skew transform option of a vector object in Adobe Xd?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base