Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. Would love to drag an object both directions. Perhaps if we could add hot spots to the left and right of a container, then you can either drag it left or right.

Example: in g-mail, drag the message right to delete, left to archive. Would like to render this behavior.

Thought two, add these touch points or hot spots to and image so I can drag left or right from the image itself to go forwards or backwards.

834 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. --- Feature Title ---
    Allow collaborators on an XD document to view share URLs

--- Why this is valuable ---
    Designers collaborating on a document might be working in different timezones, which means that the owner may not be always available to supply the share URL. In such scenario, anyone collaborating on a document should be privy to this information instead of having to wait around for the owner of the document to be available.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  03: Share mode  ·  Admin →
  3. Description of the feature
    Allow me to mark all comments as read, or dismiss all notifications of comments on Adobe XD online.

Why this is valuable to you
    I have to go through lots of feedback, and it would be really helpful if the notifications would get marked as read when I read the comment in the app. In addition, marking all of the notifications as read allows me to clear up the space a lot faster rather than having to manually click all of the notifications. One last thing - it's slow to mark everything as read because the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Ability to set up guides from the edge of the work area/application frame instead of only the artboard work area

Ability to set up guides from the edge of the work area/application frame instead of only the artboard work area.format. This is how guides/rulers work in all other Adobe apps.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Currently (XD 24.0.22.19), if I drop an instance of a component and then adjust part of it (text in a button, size of the instance, etc.), that override is only applied to the selected state of the instance. So, if I have a button with many states (normal, hover, disabled, active, default action, etc.) I have to manually apply that override to each state of the instance. This is extremely tedious and error prone.

Please provide the ability to have an override of an instance be inherited by all states in that component instance.

1,472 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. If you have two things on a page that both have gradients in the background (see attached screenshot), the gradient for the first thing will be used on both. I did some testing and it looks like the ID on <linearGradient> and the fill="url(#linear-gradient)" on <rect> is the problem. If you change the "linear-gradient" on the second svg to "linear-gradient2", it fixes the problem.

Can you change the "Copy SVG Code" functionality to make that "linear-gradient" value unique, like you did with stuff like "Group16" and "Rectangle5"?

Example code:

<svg xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg" xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink" width="200" height="200" viewBox="0 0 200 200">…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Figma can export their files to XD WITH all the folders. Everything is perfect.
    Why can't XD do the same when exporting XD to AE? Right now we get massive layers losing folders and all the required organization of elements.

Both products are from the same company. Seems it should be easy. :(

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. macOS has a feature whereby when you close an app you can choose to "Quit and Keep Windows" if you hold down Alt + Cmd + Q. This makes it quicker and easier to resume working on multiple files.

Currently, Adobe XD doesn't appear to support this feature, as it ignores this command even though the application UI includes it. (Click the XD menu and hold down Alt).

Note: the default preference for this behavior is controlled in macOS System Preferences, under General > Close windows when quitting an app. So if you have this unchecked, the Alt + Cmd…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  10. I often have to deal with elaborate XD files at my workplace designed by other people. To find a section I have to do a meticulous search. A simple "ctrl+F" / Find function would help immensely to find keywords.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Bug: When you edit an animation in design mode and try to edit the time, there is an error when you try to type the time.

The textfield shows for example:
    0,5 Sec.

If try to edit and you type:
    0,6 Sec.

it goes back to
    0,5 Sec.

You need to type:
    0.6 Sec.
    to edit the field correctly.

And then, the field shows again:
    0,6 Sec.

Why? It drives me crazy when editing animations. It should be only. 0,6 (comma) and also SHOWING 0,6 but not this mixed mode.

Also it would be very convient if the "Sec". would…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Would be handy have the ability to edit multiple elements that share same animation properties by selecting them. I usually have to edit tables and rows with same properties/elements and I have to go editing 1 by 1 while all rows has same content and same animation properties. I know lot of designers would appreciate this fuctionality: edition on bulck

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Currently, there is no way for the development team to be able to read the entirety of the truncated text. Please make this more accessible.

This is happening on published links:

1. In the "Search" results in grid mode.
    2. In the specs for Component name & Layer names
    4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. It would be nice to group and title artboards so that it is easier to understand artboard collections

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Can we please have it available where its possible to have one area scroll vertically and horizontally for web, scroll groups look weird on web. Because I would like for the rectangle or the area it to have its own scroll bar. Scroll groups only make sense for mobile, not web, its kind of limiting.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Sometimes I'd like to show an infinte scroll (mostly horizontally) in my prototypes if that's some services CTA's or a gallery. Currently, this isn't a feature so I ended up duplicating the whole group and adding a note in my email when I send the design over. If there was an option to make a scroll group infinite ie. as it reaches the end of its scroll it mirrors it from the beginning that would be a great help. I've shown on this quick mock up how the option on/off could look.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. The Share button that appears at the top of the selected artboard is super annoying. I have clicked on it 100 times accidentally when I want to rename or move an artboard :( And it directly generates a new link! Horror. If you wan to keep this function - please move it somewhere else. Prototyping mode or actually the Share mode fit this button better.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. When I select "highlight on canvas" for a component, the "0 instances found" overlay should always restart its "slide in" animation, to confirm that it was triggered by the most recent asset selected.

Right now, if the "0 instances found" bar is already on screen, and I select "highlight on canvas" for a different asset with no instances, there's no visible change indicating that XD has correctly interpreted my action and is showing me information for the second asset.

(This could also be helped by reducing the amount of time that the 0-assets found overlay bar lingers...right now it sticks…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Admin →
  19. I deleted all my wires and was surprised to discover none of the hover changes I had put in in design mode were all gone. I had to go back and fix each one which took hours. Why not have a dialog pop up that asks if you want to keep the hovers and just remove the wires that were added manually?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I am the Director of User Experience for several large companies. I make an interactive prototypes for them. These companies are doing mostly Web, AR and VR applications for global audiences. That being said almost all of the applications are made with 3d animations. The limit of 20 mp4s per document will not allow XD to be used for designing this type of software because the transitions from any point in the application need to me animated footage for a seamless experience. If you want XD to be used by big companies that are designing heavy software applications in AR,…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Admin →