Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. I would love to see some sort of visual association with text boxes with design system character styles applied to them.

Currently, there is no way to know if a block of text has a style applied.

This will help mitigate the risk of missing blocks and having broken associations to the library when trying to update character styles on multiple mock-ups.

Could be as simple as adding a blue diamond instead of the green used for components.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. A busy design session may result in "orphan" Character Styles which are not named or do not conform with the standards. For example, I want all body copy to be 14pt but a few instances were wrongly created at 13pt. Currently, I click one instance of the 13pt, then "Add Character Style to Assets". I can then use the "Highlight on Canvas" feature to SHOW ever instance. But I cannot apply the 14pt style to them because they are not SELECTED. If "Select on Canvas" were an option, I could apply the correct 14pt style to all of the 13pt…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. I'm hoping this idea is just an add on from the current Scroll action.

At the moment you can create a button etc and link it to a certain area on your artboard. It then automatically scrolls to that area once clicked.

My idea is to have this same feature, but with an option to jump and scroll to a specific area on another artboard.

It will make the user journey so much better when using things like quick links etc

279 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. In the design specs that can be viewed in a web browser, if you open the specs panel an click on an element in the artboard, the specs panel will show the name of the selected layer.

Problem is, if the layer name is a little longer, it gets cropped with "..." ellipsis and there is no way to see the full layer name. (See screenshot: Our layer name "GENERAL.HEADER.HELP-BUTTON.LABEL" is shortened to "GENERAL.HEADER.HELP-BUTTO...")

Please either change the layout so that the full layer name is displayed.

Or, as a really simple quick fix, add a title attribute to that…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. When images are placed in shapes rather than an actual mask, there's no way to export the full image rather than just the image in its masked form. It would be great if we could do that. At the moment, I have to open the image in photoshop and export it from there in order to get the full unmasked version.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. When multiple users working on the same file, it will be great if we can see which part is changed or modified.

It is nice to see other people working on the work area realtime but when someone leave the file and come back, it should show them which part has been modified since they leave. Maybe a special highlight or a mark on changed art board.

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. When artboards are grouped under a flow title, clicking and dragging on that flow title allows you to move and arrange all of the artboards associated with it.

If you have multiple flows and they are all linked, it's impossible to move a flow and NOT move any child flows under it.

It would be great if you could hold down the CTRL (Command on Mac) key to break that association temporarily while moving.

See attached image for more clarity.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. To have full control on editing of a compound path it would be rally helpful to be able to release it from it's compound. This way font icons or text that is converted to a path is much easier to edit. At this moment I need Illustrator as a workaround.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. The prototype movies force a rounded corner at the bottom making the video unusable. This should be exactly as the prototype with square corners on all sides.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Title case does not take into account grammatical prepositions, extremely frustrating to have to go through and change ever single one.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Admin →
  11. New states feature is excellent but restricted for self components interaction. In many cases, especially in web and desktop apps, there are cases where a component event should affect another element on screen.
    It would be a super powerful option to allow a component event to change states of another component.
    Currently if i use component A inside component B, i can't use A to change state of B, even though A is part of B.

956 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. showing the image preview would help when dealing with many layers. especially the ones that are set to 0% opacity.
    I would then attach the replace image function to the thumbnail.
    Bonus: add a paste function to the "replace image" feature.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. My request is two fold but both relate to shadows.

In brief

Include shadow properties that related fully to CSS
    Include the ability to save named shadow profiles for reuse

Details

Include a crucial forth property to drop shadows that is actually part of the CSS spec and will enable designers to more accurately communicate their specifications to developer – include SHADOW SPREAD.

Example declaration in CSS;

box-shadow: [x-offset] [y-offset] [blur] [spread]

Additionally, please include the ability to save drop shadow profiles so they can be updated easily and will be applied to all relevant designs. It is time consuming…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! UserVoice works best when you only have a single request per ticket, so I’m going to repurpose this specific ticket for the drop shadow spread. Please do feel free to file your second idea as a new ticket. Thanks!

14. Currently, a nested components cannot trigger a component state. You would have to ungroup it, so that it is no longer a component in order to be able to target a component state.

eg. I have a card component which has multiple states. Inside the default state, I have a button (which is a component). When I select to Tap that button component, I do not have the option to target the other states of that component. It only displays artboards as potential targets.

76 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Please allow to use different 3d Transformations between the States so you can use 3d Transform as a hover effect or something else.

Currently the 3D Transform Options adapt to all States when you change it on the component.

70 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. The components in my library are structured in subgroups.

Example:
    - icons
    -- navigation
    --- up
    --- down
    -- sort
    --- up
    --- down

When you use a component from the library, the component is imported as linked component. Those linked components are imported completely out of context of the original group structure:
    - up
    - down
    - up
    - down
    I can no longer see that the "up" component came from "icons / navigation" or from "icons / sort".

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Requesting: Screen mode

Indesign has several screen modes for design. This feature should be brought to XD. It would be nice to see margins and preview mode with the "w" shortcut.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I'm not sure why this stuff started showing up - but it's irritating to have your recent files cluttered up with stuff that is completely irrelevant, not created by me and is not recent. When looking to open a file (and get work done quickly) I don't want to have to sort through a bunch of Adobe junk to do it. I'm sure tarting templates are nice for people who are starting out and are designing solutions like those presented but is just noise for people are not. please move this stuff to some other area of the applications like…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  19. Design ideation is important. Pen on paper is one way, white boarding is another. With many of us still working from home, a whiteboard tab or new section would be essential.

I really loved the InVision Studio whiteboard and mood board. Those are features I would love to see in XD. Being able to share the whiteboard and mood afterwards or in real time would be great as well.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Should have the ability to right-click on the installed plugins and "remove" or "uninstall" the plugin

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Admin →