Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Maximum/minimum element height/width when padding is on.

When padding is on and you move some elements, the width/height of the grou changes. It's a problem when you want to for example have specific width of the element (i.e. background shoud be 1920px wide or button should be 48px in height, when you turn on padding and change font size your button is not 48px anymore).

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Link assets from local documents

The cloud support for shared Xd libraries/components/fonts/colours etc is exactly what I've been wanting - except I can't use it because I don't use the cloud to save my files (I have to use our internal server).

The same features but importing from files outside of the cloud is really needed!

68 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Enable stacks for an entire artboard

Allow 'stack' feature for entire content of an artboard! This would be amazing! Now I have to put everything in one group to do that – this wouldn't be necessary if we make the entire artboard to a vertical stack!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Built-in iOS Library

Having an online/built-in library for iOS, similar to the Sketch iOS library, that is synced with a library created by Apple. This library generated by Apple is constantly updated with the latest design patterns and components. This will enable us to be up to date on the iOS designs, and be in sync with the master file.
    https://developer.apple.com/design/resources/

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  08 : Mobile (iOS)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Relink components to a different master

It would be helpful to relink all instances of a linked component in a given document to a different component, in similar fashion to relinking an image in InDesign to a different external image source.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Hide artboard

A simple eye icon for visibility on the artboard list in the layers panel would be a great to help clean up pasteboards while not having to loose any pages or work that may be needed but not displayed at a certain time. Also if this function also affected which dartboards are to be included when the document is shared across any links. I personally create artboards for style sheets for my developer but when sharing with the client for review they are always visible, it would be nice to be able to hide these when using XD links.

50 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Command to reset all components to default state

Description:

Please include a command which resets all elements to their Default state.

At the moment, one has to individually select each component separately and return them to their default state before viewing in prototype mode. This implementation would make this process very easy and quick especially if one has many components and component states.

This could be done via the command menu or the Component window, on a pasteboard, or selected elements level.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Master component

How to update component like master??
    In this case need to delete component and copy, becouse i create new companent with hover effect

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Centralized library to share across creative teams

My marketing team and my design team need to align. We would like to have a design management system where we can update our components, colors, fonts, styling, spacing etc.

As the leading design product this should honestly be included anyway!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Open Prototype in New window / new browser tab

Add option to Open Prototype in New window / new browser tab. for ex. if I wanted to open menu item in new tab / new browser window, I cant found any such feature in XD. that's the basic option to add. long live XD

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Timed animations triggered while scrolling

i hope we can trigger the timed auto animations when you scroll to a portion of your website mock. I want my elements to appear only when i pass thru them in my page prototype. This feature will create a more seamless, animation rich prototypes!

293 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Long press trigger

It would be great to have a long press/touch gesture. Since both Android and iOS have it available, it's an interaction that is getting more use recently.

If it comes with a new State for the component it would be even better!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Stacks should dynamically shift content in Preview

Create component - + New state (bigger than the default) - Merge the component with another one or another element into a stack -

Preview mode - click the component to change state and the stack doesn't respect padding .

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Please note that stacks is a feature that is intended to be used at design time, and does not dynamically shift the stack in preview. I’m going to rewrite this particular request to be more precisely about the latter suggestion.

14. Adjust design specs background

Most of our assets are white as we have a dark background on our app and this makes the asset view in dev mode totally useless.

Please give use a darker colour or allow us to pick one that works for us.
    Alternatively give us a list view option with label names so we can see what we are doing.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add tint colors linked to base color

It would be really useful to set a base colour, and then create tints of this colour (like you can in InDesign) which are linked to the global base colour asset.

Currently, I get these tints by setting opacities of a base colour - but I want to be able to use the colours without any transparency & keep them linked.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Multi select in Searched / Filtered Layer List

It is currently not possible to Shift-Select multiple items once the layer list is filtered or searched.

It would be very helpful to have this feature as only relevant items are left and you probably want to select them all

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Allow Creative Cloud files to be indexed so that spotlight can find them

When I search for files using spotlight (my primary way of navigating OSX) files located in CC do not appear, this is frustrating.

It leaves me in a position where I don't want to use CC because I can't find my files using my regular workflow.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  07 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Run path operations on shapes grouped to bounding boxes.

Masked paths/shapes are revealed in js react. It would be nice to not have to do this manually.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Design systems: Components library

A clients Design system is reaching a phase 2 and we need a library for components.

Icons / Cards / Tables / Gallery ect

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Able to use prototype in web view

Like how we use Marvelapp or Invision to prototype the design properly without being put in shared view.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base