Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about
--------------------------------------------
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: On August 30, 2019 User Voice Bugs forum will transition to read-only.

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Master component versioning

A way to review all edits/changes made to a master component. For instance, a team is sharing a Design System and wants to see all the changes made to a component should they need to revert back and see who on their team made the change.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Annotate in design mode and have annotations publish to prototypes and design specs

Add a comment to an element in design mode. If I want to explain to my client, that the background he sees now, is actually in motion, comments are a good tool. The downside: I have to publish my design first in order to add comments to it. My request: The ability to add comments to an element in design mode. Those comments should then be visible in the shared review and / or the design specs. (like: this button changes on hover...)

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Flaticon.com Integration - Great Icon SVGs!

The Flaticon.com website has MANY FREE & AWESOME icons or .svg files. It would be a stupendous idea to integrate an API of theirs into Adobe XD to quickly pull in svgs from their website for quick workflows! They have very high quality graphics that would make Adobe XD even more fun to use.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Support for macOS Catalina Sidecar

Is XD going to have capability with MacOS 10.15 Catalina’s new SideCar feature? Apple announced that Select apps such as Illustrator would have support, but I’m not sure if XD will have support.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Coediting in MS-Teams synced file

Just like the co-editing feature that came out in November 2019 where we can do real time collaboration on a CC cloud document... Please do a similar thing with Microsoft Teams synced file.

Right now we can work on a same file that is synced in MS-Teams, but cannot do realtime saving and changes. Please do it real time coediting :)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  07 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Animate paths

Defining a path the elements follow while in auto animate is a feature that will be appreciated. While creating a graph some elements have to follow the curve of the graph like a point on the graph. While animating that using auto animate, the point moves outside the graph. Yes, multiple dashboards can be used to define it but with path animation, only two artboards will be enough.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Layout Grid needs to have the ability to create an 8pt grid with rows

It's frustrating that you only have the ability with Layout Grid to create columns. horizontal 8 point grids are becoming a big thing with UI design. XD needs to have that capability. Until then I will have to stick with Sketch.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Filter components by current artboard

It would be great to have an option in assets panel to only show components that being used on current artboard.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Rename "Dissolve" to "Fade"

Please rename the "Dissolve" transition to "Fade". Dissolve is a terrible blending mode in Photoshop and it took me weeks to realize that "dissolve" really just means "fade" in XD. "Fade" would be far more intuitive for users, more accurately describe what the transition is, and set the right expectation prior to clicking.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Drag guides from anywhere

It would be great to be able to drag guides from anywhere, not just the top and left of an art board. Sometimes I am editing a master component on the pasteboard and I cannot grab any guides. Other times I am zoomed in or at the bottom of a long page and I have to zoom out go and grab a guide and then find my place again. I would like to be able to get guides no matter where I am, I am thinking of allowing them to be pulled out globally from the top of the interface…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. XD integration to Marvel app

Able to integrate the Adobe XD file into Marvelapp or plugin, so that can utilise the design handoff for developer and Design system if possible. Thanks!

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  07 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Export at 4x

I know it’s not the primary usage for XD, but I was designing a little poster for a client in A4 and they suddenly changed their mind and wanted A3. I always export higher resolution, not just in print (using web export, which gives both 1x and 2x). So, since I wanted to have A3@2x, I had to manually copy the content and scale it up to a bigger art board. Thankfully there weren’t many changes in the poster after this but it got me thinking - it’d be neat if I could just export 4x of what I had…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Shadow in Hover Effect / multiple states

There are only few options in multiple or hover states. My request to add Shadows or other blending option in this multiple state. Thanks in Advance, keep the good work going :)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Detach/float the layer panel

I want to be able to undock the layer manager from the main Adobe XD window like in Photoshop etc. That way i can have Adobe XD on one monitor and the layer manager on the other one.
    This would increase the productivity by a lot, because you dont have to switch between the components and layers, but can have them both open at once.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Nested Overlays

Allow an Overlay to be applied to another overlay. For example, you have a dialog box Overlay and inside you want to have a drop-down menu which has an Overlay of a list of options. Currently what happens is the drop-down Overlay replaces the dialog Overlay.

I think this is something fundamental that would make Overlays even more powerful. Its omission almost feels like a bug.

157 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Update converted sketch library in sketch

Would be awesome if we could update our sketch library and then reconvert it into XD, replacing the existing one. This way we could use sketch for updating libraries while using them in XD.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  07 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Convert sketch library state recognition

In sketch, you can have various states of a button based on size of the artboard and symbol in the "control" artboard and naming convention. When importing my library system to XD, XD does not recognize any of my states and simply imports them all as individual symbols. Please make it so XD can understand states from sketch libraries and implement them as proper states in an imported library.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  07 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Remove a user from all shared prototypes and design specs

When someone needs to be removed from all mockups its a long and painful process. Can we have something that allows us to "cut someone off" without having to find out which mockups they have access to and then go into each mockup one at a time to remove them. Thanks!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Naming a component according to the state name

I like the new feature for components, which able us to give different states for a component. However, I think a thing is missing.

In the design system I'm making for my company, we agreed with the developers about a naming system for icons and illustrations, for example : iceyebluenobg.
    But with this new feature, if a give a state to my "eye" icon, like red instead of blue on hover, I give the right name to the state, but the name of my component will be always the default state (ic
    eyebluenobg instead of…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 390 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

93 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base