Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about
--------------------------------------------
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: On August 30, 2019 User Voice Bugs forum will transition to read-only.

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Boxed Text with different size and colors within are not being able to be distinguished in designs specs given to developers

While working developers where not able to get information on size of text or color in a boxed text which had a different size and color ontop then the bottom part. Is there a way where probably a developer would be able to highlight text in a targeted area to get character style and color?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Arrows in XD Design spes

It would be nice to have an arrow feature to show the visual flow. I know you can see the flow, but it would be nice to have more of a visual arrow flow.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Fixed elements in specs cover

At this moments fixed elements need to be positioned at the exact position in which we want them to be fixed, on top of all other elements on the scrollable artboard. In design mode we can hide fixed elements and work on stuff that lays underneath, but, in specs view, fixed elements appear on top of all other elements and there is no way for developers to access information of the elements positioned under the fixed element.
    The obvious example is the mobile phone bottom bar, as from the attached screenshot.

Solutions may vary, from possibility to hide/show elements in…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Share for Development - More Control Over Asset Exporting

Under "Share for Development", I want to mark what an asset was designed for (in my case, always xxhdpi).

1) Determine on a by asset basis if this is for Android or iOS, instead of the entire project to be either iOS/Android/Web.

2) When the developer selects to export the asset, I cannot specify for them what the asset was "designed at", but I can if I export it myself from my XD project.

I design everything so it natively fits on the devices it will be demoed on, which is often xxhdpi. I also prefer how that displays on…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. "L" shaped elements cover and prevent the selection and identification/specs of everything below them.

Please look at this XD "Design Specs" file:
    https://xd.adobe.com/spec/37ccb941-8fd4-4a7f-6223-499948dc3fcb-41fd/

The "L" shaped elements (colored RED and FUCHSIA in the file) cover and prevent the selection of and identification of the specs, of everything below them. Even though these "L" shaped elements are not closed shapes they cover everything below them (BTW, it's the same when there is a surrounding border that is above everything else, layer wise).

Please, this must be corrected.

The attached file was "Exported" to PDF.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Export artboard to JPG/GIF/PNG/PDF from design specs

Developers should have option to export art board from Design Specs to image, single or all art board.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Measure via text baseline

Generate specs to be to the end of the last letter vs. the actual text box

It would be nice if the developer can see the height of the text based on the baseline rather than the text box itself. Sometimes text boxes are much longer than the copy inside of them (if the designer forgets to reduce the height of the box), then the developer will not get an accurate reading of padding between elements because the box is oversized.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow (SCSS, SASS, LESS) variable names for Color in Specs Doc

Could you build a way to display variable names for color in the specs doc and the ability to write comments to developers?

Also, specs doc is not accurate when displaying colors, spacing and font sizes. You can see the workaround I built to make up for this deficiency.

68 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Annotate parts of the design & publish annotations in Design Specs handoff view

As a UX designer, one of the most important information while handing off designs is ability to explain each component in your design. Functional annotations like ON click of this button slide this page or specify error conditions or text or color changes that occur when the user interacts with that component in your design.

UXPin has a great way of annotating designs. Its a separate tab that allows developers to view the design, annotation and style guide separately. Attached is an example of UXPin does it and having this feature on Adobe XD would be great! We use Photoshop…

68 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Increase contrast and size of Design Spec measurements

The pink with white type for specs is hard to read. Not ADA compliant. And when I enlarge the board to see the specs the specs don't enlarge. The board does but the text in the spec doesn't. See the video.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. xd.adobe.com blocked in Russia

Hello!

Can you please change IP addresses of https://xd.adobe.com because current IP's (34.254.20.78, 34.255.76.11e) blocked in Russia by RKN and access denined to Design Specs.

Hope you will help soon. Thanks.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Greetings:

When I load those IP addresses it takes me to the Adobe XD home page in adobe.com It sounds like adobe.com is being blocked.

According to this doc, it looks like you should have access to Creative Cloud service https://www.adobe.com/content/dam/acom/en/products/creativecloud/cc/pdfs/cc-availability-matrix.pdf

I’ll follow up on my end and see if I can find out further info.

Thanks!
    Nina
    Adobe XD

12. Px to Pt Converter

For people using Xamarin to develop Mobile Apps we need a Px's to Pt's conversion on the design specs. We are doing a lot of work converting those numbers when developing. Seems to me that a converter would be fairly easy.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Export assets from design specs (we need a better way)

There needs to be a better way or an alternative way to download assets from the design specs for developers. Right now, you would have to set each asset on each page to be able to be downloaded. This works great for a single page, but when you have a ton of pages representing either different states or different parts of the flow, it's hard to remember or even know which page you can download which asset from.

Most assets that get used are made into symbols, so it would be great to be able to set the symbols to…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Clearly denote when design specs have comments associated

There's no way of knowing if there's a comment added to design spec unless you actually click the comment icon - and that icon is not very visable or explanatory. Would be nice if there was some sort of visual cue marker letting me know if the spec file contains comments or not. I checked with several developers both inhouse and externally and none of them knew I had placed comments cause its totally out of sight and mind when there's nothing warning them - like a red icon or a marker somewhere for instance? As it is now I…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Select platform in Design Specs on the web, not on publish

I see that now the design specs allows the developers to extract design assets. Totally cool! Good job!

One problem is that right now I have to mark my design spec specifically for one platform (ios, android or web). But sometimes we designers club those in one single file as separate group of artboards for simplicity. In such situations this feature is a problem. Both android and ios developers are using the same design spec, but only one of them can extract the assets.

I would suggest to remove the platform selection option while publishing and provide platform selection to…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. show date of last update for each screen

At this time one can see "The date when the design specs was last updated"

When working on a living project, with constant improvements, or in general during development phase, it would be pretty handy for
    - developers (identify what to do)
    - testers/customers/responsible persons (what to review)
    to easily see that there where changes on special screen since last look by showing date and time of last update for each screen.

56 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  1 comment  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Package all files necessary for developer handoff

It would be great if you can gather the files you’ve used, including fonts and linked graphics, for easy handoff. When you package a file, you create a folder that contains the xd document, any necessary fonts, linked graphics, and a package report.
    Like we have in Illustrator or InDesign.

50 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add code to design system

Would love to see a feature to helps create a coded design system for asset management and seamless developer handoff. Thanks!

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Design Specs: See units in Percent Values

The ability to see dimensions and measurements of objects in percent.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. "Hide Layout grid" shouldn't turn it off in Design Spec

When you hide layout grid in Design mode, you don't just hide it - you turn it off completely. That is a problem, becaouse when you do it, it disappears from Design Specs. So, either rename the command to "Turn off Layout grid" (because that's what really happens) and add another function for just hiding it, or allow its visibility in design spec even when its turned off.

Point is that when you do design you often hide the grid for better visibility. But - when you publish your design spec, you must remember to turn it on in all…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base