Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about
--------------------------------------------
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: On August 30, 2019 User Voice Bugs forum will transition to read-only.

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Export Assets library to Design Specs

It would be great if the assets library in Adobe Xd be exported to the design specs. In that way developers will be able to get a general specification sheets from the designer. Designers can even create classes for each font and name the colors based on there branding standards.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. DPI/PPI switch for font sizes

XD would be a lot more cross-platform friendly if is offered a DPI/PPI switch for font sizes.

For example, I'm mainly desinging for MicroStrategy platform which uses 96dpi to calculate font sizes. XD uses 72.

I've read there's a similar issue with Android development.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Browser notifications on specs link update

It would be nice to get a notification when a specs link has been updated. This could be a browser notification or another way.

Because now when I make a change tot the design, I have to send everyone a email asking to them to refresh their browser to see the changes.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Styleguide

Keep your style guides always up-to-date
    everything in cloud, your team members will always see the latest resources.
    The Guideline page with all the colors and fonts. It forces me to keep me on the palette and focus on the cleanliness of my designs.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Track changes via Slack for Design Spec

If a link update has been made by a designer to the Design Spec a slack notification automatically gets sent to a channel/user within slack with the link and the changes that have been made. e.g new artboards added etc.

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Print option in the design specs

It would be a great idea if there is an option to print the design specs on paper. Just like the option in Adobe Illustrator to print crop marks, in design specs we can create marks & regions of elements used it.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Design Specs Screen View – Screen Scrolling Option

This request is from my developers. They asking if it is possible to have scrollbars on the individual screen views instead of the just the panning. Their complaint is that when the screens are really long, it takes a while scrolling with your mouse scroll wheel versus grabbing a scrollbar and dragging it to the bottom or desired location much quicker.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Archive Specs/Prototype Links

Currently when sharing a link with a client if I make an update to the link it overwrites the last version shared. To resolve this I have to send out multiple links with different version numbers or dates on it. This runs the risk of a client/dev looking at an older outdated link or the most up to date link not being passed around all stakeholders.

It would be useful to have a 'design history' or 'version control' i.e. the ability to mark a spec as V1.0, V1.1, V1.2 or to revise it up to V2.0. in order to be…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Overview of styles for entire Design Spec

It is not easy to manage all the colors and styles in a design in XD

There is no overall design specs for all artboards in the design specs nor in XD, making it hard to review all design styles in 1 place.
    Colors and Character Styles in assets can't be use as style guide/ in app design specs, the current version is not favoring this function

Something similar to this suggestion is needed but with more function
    https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/34285129-integrate-designs-specs-inside-adobexd

[Second feature request moved to: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/34705201]

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Cannot select object underneath in Design Specs

オブジェクトの選択について

「デザインスペック」画面で、
    重なっているオブジェクトの枚数が多いと、
    オブジェクトが選択ができないようです。
    (階層が下のオブジェクトが選択できない?)

オブジェクト間の正確なマージンが取れずに困っています。
    修正のご検討、よろしくお願いいたします。

About selecting objects

On the "Design Spec" screen,
    If the number of overlapping objects is large,
    It seems that you can not select an object.
    (Can not select object with hierarchy below??)

I am in trouble because I can not get an accurate margin between objects.
    Consideration of correction, thank you.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  2 comments  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Functional / Interaction Specification

I feel like this was raised and marked as "addressed" by the design specs feature but isn't actually addressed.

Essentially we need to be able to markup / annotate wireframes with feature specs . It would be functionally similar to the commenting feature but
    - they're specifications, not comments - it's a one off note not back and forth conversation
    - they can be rendered with/alongside the designs as an export option so it can be signed off by the client and archived for governance
    - the feature should be available via the XD App and stored in the XD…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Display document name in Design Spec

We need file name info in specs links to prototype.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Assets artboard should get created automatically

While sharing the screens to developers on the web. Assets artboard having all the icons/images should get created automatically when all the interactions / screens are done ... and icons/images are marked as assets. This way not only developers can see all the assets at one go but also can download them instantly instead of going to multiple pages and downloading assets separately. It will make designers life easy as well.

50 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. back to the previous Design

adding a button that allow designers back to their previous Design of the same app .

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. ink tool

I would like to be able to ink (freehand draw using my wacom/other pen) my concepts and annotations.

I know that there are some good work arounds like https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/20399002-workaround-for-annotations-in-design-and-preview-m but inking with arrows would be faster and more useful for me.

I also know that some touch / pen features were implemented in https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/17431225-pen-and-touch-support-in-windows-10 but this is a specific extra tool using pen.

The tool could be used to draw directly on the artboard, or on a toggle-able annotation layer per artboard.
    The inking could extend outside the artboard as necessary but would be associated with the artboard as part…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Design Specs: Custom Toggle Layers

Feature: Allow the creation of custom toggles that display over a canvas, similar to how the Layout Grid works.

I work with a development team, I design the look and they build it. The issue I have is sometimes the developers don't pay close attention to the spacing of my designs. Sometimes they will code a design element to be right up against a column when actually there should be a 20px padding. I think having custom toggles can help highlight these small details. I know/have workarounds to this minor issue but having an official feature for it would be…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Design Specs for states of a dynamic asset (buttons, inline error messaging)

I know you are currently working a spec view to make communication with developers easier. There should be a way were we can specify assets that aren't static such as button states or inline error messaging.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. #AARRGGBB for Design Specs for Android developers

Pleasantly suprised with the latest update. It's not there yet but I'm sure it will. So far did some tests with the export sheet for iOS and Android and I found two improvements:

• For iOS: When selecting a border of 0.5 px, the size is shown correctly but the height is set to 0px. This caused some confusion.

• For Android: It would be great if colors and their opacity appear in #AARRGGBB for Android. i.e. #FFFFFF, 50% should appear like: #80FFFFFF

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! It’s best if you only file one idea per ticket instead of lumping them together like this. That being said, the first issue sounds like a bug, so I’ll convert this ticket to reflect the feature request. Can you file the bug as a separate ticket in the Bugs section of UserVoice? Thanks!

-Elaine

20. Define string tokens in Design specs

When designing app screens, we define string tokens so that we can update text labels without the need of an app update.

It would be a great addition for both designer and developer to be able to select a text label and be able to add a comment (like you can do in prototype mode).

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base