Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

136 results found

1. Assets can already be downloaded from design specs, as per:
    https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/design-specs-for-developers.html#Extractassetsfordesignspecs
    ...but progressive JPG is not a supported format for bitmaps. Can we get this feature?

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. There is no scroll bar visible in the page for the prototype when I look at a design spec in the web browser. I have a decent mouse but scrolling all the way to the bottom requires a lot of work for no apparent reason.

A visual scrollbar of the type that is in every other webapp and webpage that I have ever used would make the specs a lot easier to work with.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. We should be able to see Design specs in inches as well. Some Enterprise development tools (BI TOOLS) only support Inches as the measurement value.
    So we are able to design, review and prototype but can't share design specs, that's still a manual process.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Under "Share for Development", I want to mark what an asset was designed for (in my case, always xxhdpi).

1) Determine on a by asset basis if this is for Android or iOS, instead of the entire project to be either iOS/Android/Web.

2) When the developer selects to export the asset, I cannot specify for them what the asset was "designed at", but I can if I export it myself from my XD project.

I design everything so it natively fits on the devices it will be demoed on, which is often xxhdpi. I also prefer how that displays on…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. As a UX designer, one of the most important information while handing off designs is ability to explain each component in your design. Functional annotations like ON click of this button slide this page or specify error conditions or text or color changes that occur when the user interacts with that component in your design.

UXPin has a great way of annotating designs. Its a separate tab that allows developers to view the design, annotation and style guide separately. Attached is an example of UXPin does it and having this feature on Adobe XD would be great! We use Photoshop…

157 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Going from UX to UI I need to give my client a general word/character count so a copy writer can write to what the design is. Would be great to have a "show word/character count" somehow integrated. I currently copy paste everything into a word counting tool, and then document the word counts in a PDF. Super time consuming.

50 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Currently when we share Android Layout to the developers it was showing in DP for all in specs but as per platform guidelines prefer when it is character styles specs should be "SP" it is stands for Scale independent pixels. It is same as dp unit but it is also scaled by the user's font size preference.

Preferable request is meaningful as it will not confuse to the developers hope it make sense.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. When viewing in the inspector mode in the browser, would be ideal to be able to select multiple elements at the same time, in order to check the total size. This is necessary for when a developer is building the layout templates.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Whenever I make a change to my document of a multitude of artboards the system "renders trough" the whole document with all artboards altough I have only made changes to a couple of them. Would be nice if we could update them selectively, that way the process of updating the design specs would be shorter. Right now the process gets longer and longer as the document grows.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. The ability to see dimensions and measurements of objects in percent.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. When in the design specs the layout grid should look the same as in XD it self.

I'm working on 20 column grid with no gutter, but it turns out that the border you see in XD, you don't see that in the design specs. Result: a turquoise background for the developer with no reference ;-)

I could work around it (10 column grid with gutters and setting a side margin), but I would need to do that across the entire project.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. The artboards order should be determined by the order of artboards In the XD app, complex setups and groupings do not work well with the automatic
    left to right , top to bottom approach. It works well for simple setups

Not ones that include 30+ pages, this approach causes more problems then the time it attempts to save

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Could you build a way to display variable names for color in the specs doc and the ability to write comments to developers?

Also, specs doc is not accurate when displaying colors, spacing and font sizes. You can see the workaround I built to make up for this deficiency.

116 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. The project view that shows thumbnails of all artboards should scale lower than 10% (2,3,4 % even) if needed - otherwise at the moment when the project file is wider it gets cut off by the browser - you can still navigate it using mouse and holding space to drag, but most devs I know find it awkward if they want to jump from screen to screen. If they use 1366px screen than often projects don't fit at 10%.

"ok.png" shows me fixing it by moving artboards into a smaller column, "bad.png" shows how it looks on screens with lower…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. It would be nice to have an arrow feature to show the visual flow. I know you can see the flow, but it would be nice to have more of a visual arrow flow.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Developers should have option to export art board from Design Specs to image, single or all art board.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. It would be great if you can gather the files you’ve used, including fonts and linked graphics, for easy handoff. When you package a file, you create a folder that contains the xd document, any necessary fonts, linked graphics, and a package report.
    Like we have in Illustrator or InDesign.

125 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Generate specs to be to the end of the last letter vs. the actual text box

It would be nice if the developer can see the height of the text based on the baseline rather than the text box itself. Sometimes text boxes are much longer than the copy inside of them (if the designer forgets to reduce the height of the box), then the developer will not get an accurate reading of padding between elements because the box is oversized.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I run into needing to share screen #3, #14, #34 with a stakeholder to use within a presentation, think powerpoint. I have to manually export these screen fo each round of changes. I would like to publish for review only SAID screen numbers where the end user can comment OR DOWNLOAD a png or pdf of the most up to day version.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I would really like to have an option so that the resolve button is not visible or clickable.
    I use the “share for development feature” to give students extra help, but if they mistakenly click resolve, the help is gone, and then other students would not be able to get the help, so it would be nice to make the, resolve the button not visible or clickable

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)