Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

136 results found

1. Ditch the shared links and create a handover library as e.g. Zeplin but within Adobe XD. From there,you can choose what artboards or sections to share.

I am tired of sharing all artboards when I only need to share a few. The Flow1, Flow2 functionality is terrible. You end up with a cluster of links in the end and stakeholders get confused.

Come on Adobe!!!!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. If you have two things on a page that both have gradients in the background (see attached screenshot), the gradient for the first thing will be used on both. I did some testing and it looks like the ID on <linearGradient> and the fill="url(#linear-gradient)" on <rect> is the problem. If you change the "linear-gradient" on the second svg to "linear-gradient2", it fixes the problem.

Can you change the "Copy SVG Code" functionality to make that "linear-gradient" value unique, like you did with stuff like "Group16" and "Rectangle5"?

Example code:

<svg xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg" xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink" width="200" height="200" viewBox="0 0 200 200">…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Currently, there is no way for the development team to be able to read the entirety of the truncated text. Please make this more accessible.

This is happening on published links:

1. In the "Search" results in grid mode.
    2. In the specs for Component name & Layer names
    4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. It would be nice to group and title artboards so that it is easier to understand artboard collections

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. In the design specs that can be viewed in a web browser, if you open the specs panel an click on an element in the artboard, the specs panel will show the name of the selected layer.

Problem is, if the layer name is a little longer, it gets cropped with "..." ellipsis and there is no way to see the full layer name. (See screenshot: Our layer name "GENERAL.HEADER.HELP-BUTTON.LABEL" is shortened to "GENERAL.HEADER.HELP-BUTTO...")

Please either change the layout so that the full layer name is displayed.

Or, as a really simple quick fix, add a title attribute to that…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I have a page that scrolls. The assets at the bottom cannot be viewed because the developer mode doesn't recognize the scroll. I scroll to the bottom, and then change to developer view and the assets I can select are still the same as before I scrolled, just invisible.

This is an issue for a developer team because they can't see the details of the buttons.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. How about a free developer app? The current web developer handoff is already outdated. Due to Windows support, feature development is nonesistant. There have been few big feature updates since 2017. For designers it's fast and great. For everyone who works for designers, not so much.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback. We’re constantly working on the web developer handoff surface, and it’s had some significant updates in the past couple of years. What do you specifically think you’re missing?

By the way, we do have a large number of Windows users, so we do not intend to stop development on that platform.

8. Alternating between pixels and percentages is a must. That's the only essential missing feature preventing a complete migration to a full Adobe workflow

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. This is mainly for designers that also know how to code, who works with or is trying to build a design system based on modern frontend frameworks such as material design, vue+quasar, etc. Or for designers who follows design systems that already have documentations that they can refer to.

The idea is to give the designers ability to add description to a component, and to be able to add links so that the devs can know exactly which component from the documentation the design is based from, or at least which component will help achieve the best results.

Attached here…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I would like the option to exclude components states from components on the share link. Lately, I've noticed that creating a developer's share link is taking much longer to upload. And then when I go to the browser link, it takes much longer to load. I was trying to figure out why. And I think it may have something to do with the new(ish) ability to see all the states of a component when it is selected on the share link.

A lot of times, I create a lot of component states just to be able to try out different…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Say you've applied a search filter in the grid view of your artboards. Then, you click on one of the results. You realize you want another artboard that matches your filter, so you want to go back to the filtered grid view to find another artboard. That's basically the idea of what I would like to accomplish as a user.

Right now, once I filtered the view and navigated to one of the resulting artboards, I have to filter all over again. It adds quite a bit of cognitive load (need to recall what the the thumbnail of my previously-selected…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I work with a team. I have trouble tracking which designs have been changed and which have not. so I really want the feature to track which artboard has the design changed. there is a log history for that seems like fun to me and the team. hopefully next month I get that feature

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. We design and develop for web, iOS and Android and have recently made the switch to XD. I'd like the ability to publish a link with all three options in one file that the developer can select for themselves in the shared file as opposed to publishing three different files.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. In the design mode of the desktop app you can easily copy the SVG element code.
    It would be very useful if this function could be done through the prototype link in the specs panel

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. If we can organise every screens in a prototype link under custom headers in such a way that we could just search for the header instead of the specific screen.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. When holding shift and rotating the mouse wheel, I'd like the canvas to move horizontally, just like Figma does.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I loved the included plugin for VS Code. However, I use WebStorm. Many software developers also use WebStorm. Therefore, we would appreciate it if you made a similar plugin for WebStorm.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. DSM like InVision or Toolabs.
    Components, text scales, colours and much more.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow developers to download smaller sized/lower resolution images, along with other formats like jpg.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. The current grey makes it usually impossible to see white assets. If adobe could dynamically use a darker grey for images that are almost entirely white, that would help a lot. Currently, I have to change the CSS in devtools if I want to see white assets.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7