Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

158 results found

1. It would be great to Export Prototypes as pure HTML Projects. I am working a lot on Multiscreen apps, where I mostly use Serveal Webcontainers Running on several Screens, to develop those Applications.

3,612 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. this is very important feature, that will make life of many designers and their clients much better

1,803 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Using XD currently, were other members in team are using sketch.
    Not able to deliver required (sketch) file format to front end developers.

Frond end devs are using only sketch to read, since majority are using it.

Option to "export to sketch" would solve the file deliverable problem.

1,717 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Give option to select which screens to simulate/animate/and export, give exact width/height options, speed, then options per format, i.e for GIF will give GIF options, for AVI will give video options and thus ...

803 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’ve tweaked the title so it covers only exporting animation to GIF format. This will help keep our feature list fine-grained so we can get a better picture of which are the most important.

For the other formats that were originally mentioned here:

5. We seriously need to be able to convert our designs into code, just like sketch and invision can both do. This is the only thing holding people back from joining xd.

385 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi, all-

“Convert to code” is fairly ambiguous, and I’m looking for more specifics as to what you’re hoping to get out of this. We already have a number of stories that go to specific technologies: HTML/CSS, XCode, Android Studio, etc. I’d like to close this one out in the interest of having more specific export paths.

-Elaine

6. Adobe Creative Design supports svg export which is great, but the resulting svg is a little bit suboptimal. For example, if i create a simple circle, give it a stroke-width of 4 with some color and a fill
    the resulting svg contains a group element containing 2 circles, one with a fill and the other with a stroke.

It would be great if the exported svg could be cleaner. I attached some sample files. the "exported.svg" is the file exported from Adobe XD, the "edited.svg" contains the svg, which yields the same result but is cleaner.

A cleaner…

329 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

The feature that allows you to control the position of stroke: inside/center/outside was started and it will be available in the future versions of Adobe XD. Will let you know once the feature becomes available.

Cheers,
    M.

7. Please allow for images to be exported in "WEBP" formats.

Sketch caters for "WEBP" formats (see attached image) and it would be great if XD was able to (both read and) export to this format too.

274 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Based on the Android components I would like the export all my layouts with assets. I would to import the xml document into my Android studio and drag the assets into Android studio have most of the front end tools layout everything.

270 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Hi,

I'm Head of Brand Management in a marketing department. And more and more often we need to make a simple app to our colleagues in sales. Very simple functionality but vital information. The problem is that our development department do not have time and recourses to help us doing the coding for us.
    So basically my suggestions is quite simple: Why can't Adobe XD have a export or build function like nativ.com or Appy Pie where you can build an app without coding. I do my designs in XD, Photoshop etc. and I have a licens for Adobe CC…

239 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. It would be very useful having one more tab after Design and Prototype called "Export" for example. It would let developers easily see all the necessary information about any element like the size and color of the text, the size of a button and it's position on the screen, and so on, and then easily export any element. From there

170 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Help us quickly get from concept to working prototype for our Windows 10/HoloLens/WinPhone/Xbox apps by streamlining created content from XD to XAML.

Add support for exporting (or copying to clipboard) XAML. Make it intelligent enough to convert things like repeat grids to GridViews.

134 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add the possibility to export micro-animations directly into .json files from Adobe XD.

The process for creating a micro-animation for native iOS & Android app is a real, real pain in the a**. For now, we need to export the design into After Effect, then animate it (again) to export it with Lottie.

Since Adobe XD can create animations pretty easily with auto-animate, we should be able to export an animation straight into .json file (without using After Effect and Lottie). That feature would let us save a lot of time!

127 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. This is not the same as exporting an entire artboard as HTML/CSS. Often when transforming design into HTML/CSS it can be handy to extract style information, piece by piece, from a design. Thus from a selection, rather than en entire artboard (though that would be cool as well). Beling able te extract style information as CSS from a selection (e.g. a selected text frame) and copy paste it into whatever code editor of choice would make XD such a powerful tool.

113 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. The ability to save a PNG or JPG file with all the artboards in the file
    I'd like to save my artboards to a single file, but I can only currently export a series of images of each artboard. I've provided an example below, which I've stitched together in Photoshop.

Poder Guardar un archivo .PNG o .JPG con todas las mesas de trabajo como lo esta ya haciendo Photoshop cc

Buenas amigos la idea seria que al guardar mis mesas si tengo un archivo extenso se puedan guardar todas al mismo tiempo como .PNG o . JPG como lo hace…

110 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. If you'll use exported SVG graphics as a code embedded into your HTML (but not as an external .svg image) you encounter CSS issues.
    The problem is in <style></style> which you generate on SVG export. Every path in SVG has its class name and they all are named like "a", "b", "c" etc… (image 1 attached)
    1. These classes may cause conflict with existing classes, in case I already have "a", "b", "c" classes in my HTML.
    2. These classes will interfere styles of other SVGs exported from XD and embedded on the page.

Solution:
    Remove classes and generate inline…

108 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. It would be nice to have a simple option to see all elements/assets which are markded for export. Sometimes you mark an element by mistake (for example a simple rectangle). Later it could be hard to find this special element on your artboard layers to remove the export marker.

106 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Currently when you export to PDF there is no option to name the PDF file you are saving, even if you've only selected a few artboards, meaning I have to go back onto the desktop after the fact and edit the filename of the exported PDF.

102 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Highlight a Page and export all TEXT BLOCKS as text files for developers to import into CMS.

100 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Mihnea Ovidenie responded

Hi Ruth,

I understand what you are saying and thank you for the explanation.

Cheers,
    M.

19. Add xCode export to the list of functions... great for informative apps

95 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Can you tell us more about how you’d like this to work? Do you want XD to export image assets and insert them directly into the correct folders/filenames in an existing Xcode project? Or do you want XD to generate Objective-C / Swift code to create a brand new Xcode project?

20. I would like to export my art boards into a single PDF in a predefined page order.

89 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Just to clarify how it works currently – artboards in the PDF are currently listed based on looking at your artboard layout on XD’s canvas in “reading order." The PDF page order will start with artboards in the topmost row left to right, then move on to the next row of artboards below that (starting with the leftmost artboard again), etc.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8