Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

Adobe XD: Feature Requests

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I have noticed that assets that I have selected to be uploaded to my developer prototype only seems to include assets that are visible on the art board. It would be good if the developers had access to all the assets I have selected for upload in the asset panel regardless to whether they are visible on the art board or not.

I turn visibility off for some of my icons as they change in different states and it is easier to keep them layered but the ones I'm not currently using tuned off (flash on/off/auto for example)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. We using in our project Font Awesome 5 pro, and i have issue with my workflow. Basically i find icon on web https://fontawesome.com and click to copy glyph or for known icons i just type "star" or "exclamation" etc. Everything works for me until i need to export data for programmers. If i mark icon for export, XD just export svg with textfield filled with glyph from font, but its useless as icon export. I need some option to mark icons to vectorize before exporting. Thanks!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Is it possible to export all the assets in the art board embedded inside groups recursively.
    Example:

Group1
    - asset 1
    - Group 1.1
    -asset 1.1.1
    -asset 1.1.2

Expectation after export:
    asset1, asset1.1.1, asset1.1.2 (seperate files)

currently once way to do this is to ungroup and export it.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I work for a large ad agency. Currently we design in InDesign and export a PDF with margins to route through the agency and to and from our large, lucrative client. The margins are essential because we annotate the files. The PDF goes from department to department where stakeholders comment. The PDF is created by the art dept and lands back there and comments are addressed after it makes it's rounds.

We would need to be able to create margins on our PDF exports to hold the anotations in order to even consider using XD. I think that one tweak…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. the title says it all
    During export i don't want to be clicking and looking for the location of the export every single time.

Please make a button that resets the export location to the location of *.xd file.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add support for exporting to these file formats(.wmf and .emf)
    This is valuable to allow maximum flexibility and reduce spacing costs on cloud storage.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Currently when you export a PDF with the same name as an already opened previous version, it wont say what is wrong. Would be nice if they fix this!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. If I, say, create a round icon at 150px without any detail such as a drop shadow or glow, it will happily export at 150px.

However, this size is increased on export with the addition of a drop shadow or glow detail etc. For example, to 168px. (The same principle would effect a shape or text element.) Currently, using the same 150px icon with drop shadow example, the asset size on the artboard does not take this into account, but still shows as overall size as 150px, even though exporting increases this.

It would be useful to have an option…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Although you cover the most common Android densities, sometimes you need to cover these resolutions for certain devices, for compatibility and testing purposes. It would be great if you would add a 0,75x (LDPI) and 1,33x (TVDPI) to your android asset export options.

Photoshop and Sketch have a similar tool in which it lets you manually set your export sizes.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. When exporting an Artboard (as PDF) I would like an option for the artboard to be exported with extra space added to the edges, such as 400 pixels or "Export to an A4 size page set up".

Also, add Header (Name of Artboard) and Footer details (Designer name and date, etc).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. When the spec and style guide comes out in early 2017 (which I cannot wait). Usually, the developer would ask me to give them multiple file formats of the same font. I would always convert the font online to do that and it's a tedious process of uploading, converting, download and put it in a zip folder for them. It would be great if Adobe XD can automatically convert it itself.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 1) Similar to the Asset Export window in Adobe illustrator
    2) Easy to Select All / Deselect All
    3) Easy to rename (each asset individually) and format (add prefix/suffix and replace text of multiple assets)
    4) Select multiple export formats at once: PNG+SVG+WEBP+etc...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. It would be incredibly helpful to expose some of the Export dialogue options for non-designer team members.

1. Allow free, and authorized users to browse an Adobe XD Library (specifically components and component states)
    2. Give users the ability to export Library components/assets from the web with tools similar to the "Asset Export" panel in Adobe Illustrator.
    3. Right now the tools on the Library website are incredibly clunky and not user-friendly. They are not designed for presentation and browsing, and it is hard to see details in the images in the “Share” link export.

Thank you.

It would be a huge workflow relief…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Figma can export their files to XD WITH all the folders. Everything is perfect.
    Why can't XD do the same when exporting XD to AE? Right now we get massive layers losing folders and all the required organization of elements.

Both products are from the same company. Seems it should be easy. :(

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. When images are placed in shapes rather than an actual mask, there's no way to export the full image rather than just the image in its masked form. It would be great if we could do that. At the moment, I have to open the image in photoshop and export it from there in order to get the full unmasked version.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Since tga is a pretty common standard in Game Development, because of its capabilities of saving a seperated alpha channel. Just be able to export tga right from XD without the need of Photoshop would speed up my prozess.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. --- Idea ---
    For organizations maintaining a design system web site or document, it would be fantastic if users could "copy" a component (like a Button) from the documentation and paste it directly into XD.

--- Why? ---
    This would save designers from having to browse or search the XD library separately, since they're already in the design system documentation.

--- How? ---
    Perhaps XD could offer a new Export option for exporting in the same format used by copy-and-paste within XD? Then in a design system website, organizations could offer a "Copy XD Component" button that writes that same…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. The previous export settings let you say what resolution the asset was designed at (very flexible)---the new one doesn't allow for this and makes it much harder when designing at higher resolution and wanting to automate scaling down.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. The october 2021 update brings a new export screen with fewer options. The one i'm missing is to set what resolution my project is.

Some projects I made in @2x but now, when I export it, XD assumes it is @1x, so everything is not exported properly.

Please, come back with the resolution option.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?