Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. adding an action/trigger directly to an element or component in Prototype mode.

I would like to update allow linking or adding an action/trigger directly to an element or component in Prototype mode. This would allow a better workflow and faster turnaround time as well as allow the prototype to function better in smaller file size as well since there would be less imagery and artboards involved.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. More stable and logical actions on components

Component have a lot of bugs when there is multiple instances of them (Example: Open dropdown; roll over; choose the option; validate; close dropdown etc).

The other things is about the rollout effect: When I set up a rollover effect on a specific element or group of elements inside a component, the rollout effect is not on the specific element or group of elements that I selected before for the rollover but on the entire component. It's not logical and realistic effect in the case we have a component with multiple instances inside (Example: Dropdown for filter: I open it,…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. File Upload for prototyping

This would encompass more advanced input and forum tools. For example, during a user-testing session, it would be nice if the prototype could all the user to simulate uploading a file from their desktop.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Show component states as artboards

The explicitness of the artboards is one of the most valuable aspects that drove me into XD.

It is great for design (when you can see and edit things at once) and specially for team collaboration ("How will development see all states?" https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/38978644-component-states-to-development-design-specs).

Wouldn't it be great if:
    1 - states were special (explicit) artboards, tied to the original object (like Overlays);
    2 - the single regular Interaction pane could have triggers like "Hover/Mouse in/Mouse out" and actions like "State" (instead of requiring setting up states in the Design of a component before triggering them elsewhere in Prototype);
    3…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Prototype preview default screen selection for multiple screen

Description
    It becomes very frustrating when you have multiple monitor setup and you work on the laptop and see the preview on the big monitor next to you. Normally how it works is that you take the XD to the monitor you want the preview to be, click on desktop preview button and then the preview opens in the big monitor on a 100% scale. Then you come back with XD to the laptop. I think if we had a setting to open the preview on the user'
    s choice of desktop with a 100% scale, it would have been…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Disable interactions behind other elements

I would like to make it so anything behind another element is not clickable. For example, having an overlay on a dashboard — any interactions on the dashboard that are behind a modal should not be clickable or interactable..

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. hover effect ( default state)

Hello, can be added button to select hover effect by default, beaucause now all time need to switch manualy after edit some of states

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Need the ability to change interaction labeling by using voice command in XD.

The voice command with programmed speech playback can be of extreme use. I can have it store solutions if I say something like task 253 and it spits out the solution in voice, text, and/or another page or overlay.

Having a search filter for that area would be great too per page.

Please add me to a rewards list somewhere for the idea. : )

https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/need-the-ability-to-change-interaction-labeling-by-using-voice-command-in-xd/td-p/10792493

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Interaction widget aligned to always be visible (contextual)

When an artboard is very big, which happens easily if working on a web page, the widget to create an interaction is off-screen (see zoomed-in screenshot). To see the widget and interact with it, it is required to zoom-out.

This is highly impractical.

Now we have the Interaction panel but on a big screen, it would be quicker to interact with the handle-widget and visually drag the interaction to the desired artboard (which normally is next to the one we want to create the interaction for, instead of possibly scrolling a big list of artboards (see third screenshot).

Thank you…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Use "signals" to change states

Add an interaction destination type called a "signal." Select "New Signal" from the interaction destination dropdown and name your signal something like "Uncheck All." Let's say you set this interaction's trigger to be to "Tap" a button.

Then, add another interaction on a separate object and you'll find "Uncheck All" as an option in the Trigger dropdown for the new interaction. Let's say you did this for all your checkbox elements (component instances) on the screen and set their destinations to be the "Unchecked" state.

Now you can have one interaction controlling several elements on the screen!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Run custom code during prototype viewing

Without fail there is always an interaction or need that isn't in the software. Plugins allow custom code during development. Allow a custom code component to run during the prototype state so I can add features that XD lacks. Like a scrollbar component that scrolls dynamically when users are viewing the published shared content to better simulate a true experience.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Device chrome around exported video

After I finish recording an interaction, I would like to have an option to export the video with the device around the video kinda like a container.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Disable Get Embed Code option (text link) in XD when Prototype Contains Voice Playback

Description:
    If embeded prototypes result in error when an artboard contains voice playback, then disable "get embed code" from XD

Why is this valuable to you?
    The current experience is inconsistent with user expectations and capabilities.

When designer adds voice-playback to an prototype for the first time, alert designer that prototype can not be embedded and disable Get Embed Code text option in XD Share>Share for Review dialog window.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Distinguish fixed position vs. preserve scroll position

I found a confusion to quickly identify differences between "Preserve scroll position" and "Fixed position when scrolling" looking alike check boxes, and resulting checking a wrong box and then dealing with prototype "glitches", XD agent support, and overall time waste.

I hope XD Design can do something better to visually identifying distinction between these two features/functionalities in XD user interface, such as adding icons to better visualize "fixed position" and "preserve scroll Y-coordinate"

Case Number: ADB-9008089-L8Z4

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Movable / Animatable Pivot Points for an Object / Component

It would increase animation possibilities if we could change the position of an object's pivot point from one artboard to another.

If there was a way to dynamically parent one object to another, animated pivot points would be even more useful.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Do not automatically highlight the key stroke in the Interaction Pane

When I have an artboard set to transition with a keystroke, the keystroke automatically highlights and is editable when I select an artboard. I cannot then use Ctrl 3 to zoom into that art board. Instead, it changes the keystroke to Ctrl 3.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Make comments more visible (Design: with color or ...)

Make comments more visible (Design: with color or ...) developer often don't see them because active and inactive status is grey

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. App switching animation

Sometimes I need to communicate that the user has switched between apps. It would be cool to have a special animation for transitioning between artboards that mimics the iOS/Android app switching experience.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. better control over which layers are being animated

Give me more control over what layers will be used for animations. Currently auto-animate decides which layers are used for animated transitions based on their name. However I often have similarly named layers within a group. Not having to go trough all groups and choose new names for my layers I would like to be able to "break" auto animate connections as well as make new ones between layers myself without having to manually rename these layers.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Option to stop showing the Instructions on the Prototyping Page when only using one artboard

Hi

It's really annoying having to press X on the instructions each time I want to use the prototyping tab. This happens if I only have one artboard and need to go into the prototyping tab to access the Fix Position tick box.

Please can we have an option to stop showing it?. (see attached)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base