Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ready made animations and micro interactions

A library of ready made animations, transitions, micro interactions, loading effects that can be applied to elements, components, layers or groups - so that you don’t have to build or simulate the effect over several art boards.

These would be inspired by popular transitions, effects and interactions usually used in development.

Such as grow, move in from the left/right, fade in, parallax, cascade in...

This would make it quicker to prototype and apply commonly used effects for loading pages, hover effects.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Connect multiple devices/Interactions across devices

I would like that Adobe XD supports communication between multiple devices. You are able to test not only interactions in individual devices, but also service scenarios featuring interactions among multiple devices by multiple users.

It is very helpful for HMI designers, Automotive industry.
    Currently, I see ProtoPie can do it. But I really wish that Adobe XD can do it too and have much better version than them.

Example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEYRYh1dKso
    https://www.protopie.io/solutions/automotive

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Multiple Drag Triggers In One shape or object

I am requesting for multiple triggers in one transition type, in one shape or object(s). This will allow users to drag one direction and drag the opposite direction. We can create multiple wires from the same object but with the different triggers, It is not specific to drag only.

I have attached a screenshot to furthermore explain what I'm trying to do. Do you notice the properties that I have set up? I want it to drag or swipe from box 1 to box 2. However, I cannot get it to drag from box 1 to box 4. Basically, two…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Create separate, custom hotspot areas (e.g. smaller than the visible shapes)

Allow to create a hotspot smaller than a shape (eg. part of an image, part of a repeater...) without the need to split the image/repeater or to create an invisible rectangle on top of it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Loading animation as a type of Transitions

I started feeling the miss of a simple "loading animation", like the ubiquitous spinning circle, as a type of Transition between artboards.
    It would be very useful, especially to the developers as they would see and understand where to place a full page refresh.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Hover connecting artboards

If would be great if the hover doesn't only present in states, rather in the artboards too

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Show prototype comments in chronological order

Show comments in chronological order from earliest to latest so that the pin annotations will show up as 1, 2, 3, etc instead of 3, 2, 1.

Or at least add a sort feature.

During design review presentations, I would use this link to show my work and would use the pins to tell a story on what my audience should look at.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. A new way to handle transition type animations

Howdy, folks!

That's a little bit of a stretch, but hear me out:

We could have a new panel to handle animations on components, for micro-interactions. This panel would allow us to select which propriety would be animated, like we do with css animations, calling specific prop, e.g.: "transition: width".

That would allow us to make correct animations for micro-interactions, and also allow us to see exactly with animation to use we is time to deliver the prototype to the developers.

See y'all later! Be safe n be well!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Bind micro-interaction on any element inside the component

Howdy folks!

Would be awesome if we could bind micro interaction on any element inside a component. That would allow us to make more complex interactions for components, like multiple state changes based on different elements and triggers.

Imagine a Sidebar component, that when we tap some button inside, that make the sidebar toggle size. With the option of binding the state change on the child element, the prototype would be more reliable when was time to delivery to the developers, where they would know exactly which element trigger each state change.

Hope that you'all are safe and healthy.

Love…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Move component to front and change state on click

I have multiple components and some of this components states are popup windows, since the first state of the components are buttons, when the pop up state is triggered the other components beneath will show up in front. If i bring this componen to front then the next button will have the same problem.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. "Fix position when scrolling" should be visible in <Preview mode> even elements are out of view point

I had a problem to make the elements fixed when it is out of viewpoint, they disappear from the preview mode.

My project has one case that requires one element should be appeared in a section which is unfortunately out of viewpoint already (please see my attachment).

Please make an update for the features "Fixed position when scrolling" visible in Preview Mode & Prototype link even that element is out of viewpoint.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add Automatic Counters

Make auto counters a thing so that a numbered component/list can automatically change when a certain trigger is applied. Example: When adding items to a shopping cart, the number on the cart icon automatically changes when the button is clicked instead of having to manually create a list of numbers and different states for each one.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Order of actions in 1 trigger

Once I press a button or touch, I want to get an animation to other artboard and a sound at the same time. For now if I do both, adobe xd preffers only one.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Sitemap for shared prototype

Xd Prototype mode is very difficult to handle , when we are working in big enterprise web application , we have multiple flows wiring those flows in Xd is difficult , again when we share the link with customer they get also confuse , because in XD we dont have any sitemap in prototype mode
    I think product team made the prototype mode more intuitive and easy to use for big project handling like enterprise level application, rather then only mobile and website.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Default overlay interaction to none

It's annoying to manually change each overlay artboard's default interaction from 'previous artboard' to 'none'.

I found myself in many situations, where I either wanted to disable it completely, or wanted to point to a specific artboard.

As of now artboard interaction works on entire artboard, as if overlaid on each element. For interaction and review purposes, I want to mostly use an X button, or force users to use OK/Cancel buttons that I provide. In mobile situations this is more prominent. In mobile prototypes it's even more annoying because an accidental tap can close a full-screen overlay, which doesn't…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Mask artboard interaction by overlaying objects

I'm making an overlay that you can dismiss by clicking away on an empty area. I want only that empty area to be clickable, while the contents of popup/dialog/overlay to be unclickable. Same goes for objects partially obscured by any overlaying object.

I found myself, and many of my presenters, to be clicking on an element (not necessarily a button) that is part of a popup/dialog, just to simulate a clicking behaviour. This causes an underlaying interaction to trigger, and that's undesirable.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. States should be atomic

Yes... know there are plenty of threads and complains out there about this topic. But can't invest my time searching and tediously upvote each one of them. So as it seems I'm forced to work as "beta tester for free, at least let me invest the lesser time in post expensive bugs.

Simply I've lost one client, time, money and health with the amounts of bugs and insane usability flaws of XD user interface. Really... I'm tired, very tired.

Just built an "atomic" approach of buttons, dropdowns, etc... invested weeks learning the anti-intuitive way to make states work, with hours…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Enable easy switching between game controllers

Hi, dear XD Development Team

With the current feature, once you set the Xbox input, you can only operate it with the Xbox controller.
    In the case of multi-platform development, the
    You have to do the same thing again with the PS4 controller.
    I would like to request that the function be improved so that this effort can be avoided.

Also, please support the Nintendo Switch.

When it comes to game controller input, there is also the issue of cursor movement.
    For example, if you want to enter a character with the controller, you have to have an artboard with…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Grid Component Hover relation

I have a component with the hover state that is repeated within the grid. I repeated the first element several times, then I want to have different texts and images in each element. I expect that the change inside of each instance will NOT be repeated in other instances of this component within the grid - unfortunately this is not the case.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! I think what you’re actually looking for is not a repeat grid, but actually a series of components grouped into a stack. That way, it can grow and shrink with the size of the components in the stack instead of being fixed in width like the repeat grid. Does that work for you?

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base