Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about
--------------------------------------------
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: On August 30, 2019 User Voice Bugs forum will transition to read-only.

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Widgets and Interactions built on Cases

I'd like to have the ability create/download/share interactive widgets that work on logical cases and states. The cases would also allow a wide array of interactions styles (on click, on mouse drop, on drag, on release etc.). The states would allow widgets to respond to cases (for example a set of controls can be active or inactive depending on the state of a particular widget). Without the ability to create logical cases it seems like XD is very limited.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Tab navigation

I'd like to be able to change a subsection of a page based on my selection, like you can see at http://tabtab.be/

タブで遷移

日本語で失礼します。

現在、プロトタイプモードでは、ページ全体の遷移しかできません。
    例えば下記ページのように、タブで選択した箇所のみ情報が変わるような遷移はできないでしょうか。
    http://tabtab.be/

情報サイトでは、タブ切り替えをよく使います。
    このような遷移がプロトタイプモードで作れたら、イメージ共有がスムーズになります。
    現在この機能がないため、XDをプロジェクトで使うのをためらっております。
    ぜひ追加機能をお願いします。

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Ability to make interaction points dialog explaining functionality in prototype

Similar to Microsoft visio this feature will give users the Ability to make interaction points explaining functionality in the prototype. The user will be able to draw an arrow pointing at the element linking to the dialog box. A dialog box will give user info on functionality or explain Interaction point.
    This feature will show in prototype mode and give the option to enable in share prototype mode.

As a user, I can draw an interaction box.
    As a user, I can link interaction box to shape/element/ect.
    As a user, I can choose to enable this when I share a…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. "Dip to Black" transition

When jumping between user flows (i.e. illustrating what a different user would see), a "dip to black" transition would be very useful. It's a powerful transition used in film editing to indicate a change in context, or time passing.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Pin components to each other as they animate

When a component or an object expands, you may want to push other content with it. This could be solved by pinning individual objects and components to each other.

The attached screens shows 3 accordions made using XD's new component feature. Once I open Item 2, I'd like item 3 to be pushed down. This is not possible today, instead item 2 overlaps all other contents below it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Component Master Create a Variation with same structure e.g Active Buttons, Alert Button

Hi,

I need to be able to create a variation of a Component Master with same structure hover, on click events e.g Active Buttons, Alert Buttons .

Make it available so that the Instance of a Master Component can be a new Master Component., without having to recreate the structure on every component variant i need to create.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Fixed elements in scrolling artboards (header, nav bar, etc.) V.2

I new feature where I can set an element to be fixed to the top of the browser (ex a sticky menu) when I scroll and it hits the top of the browser, not before it hits. And remove the fixed position when I scroll down again.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Prototype interactions should allow both state transition and artboard transition

Component states are great but ideally it would be better to allow an interaction to do both a state transition and an artboard transition.
    So an example would be a side nav with each element triggering a transition to a different page/artboard.
    I would like clicking on the link to change the component state (decorate it for example) as well as transitioning to the target artboard

thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Export Video placed within the Device it was made for

After I finish recording an interaction, I would like to have an option to export the video with the device around the video kinda like a container.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Select artboard based on orientation & "screen size"

So, say I have 2 artboards. 1 for Portrait mode, one for Landscape mode. In preview - presentation, I rotate my device and... drum roll.... cold sweat.

Technically what I would love is to be able to group artboards under a name and have a field with each artboard where I can put some format or format identifier. Then I want XD in preview to select the best format (or give me a dropdown so I can do that)

Romantically I'd love to have a storyboard. Each step can have multiple artboards that represent different screen sizes. When I

Preview…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Hover Inside Hover

hovering "settings option" which list the settings and while hovering those options I need another list

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. View layout grid feature on the XD prototype spec link

It would be really helpful for developers if they can also see the layout grid feature on the XD prototype spec link.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Auto-animate in overlay

I'd like to see auto-animate enabled in an overlay, for example in a prototype on an art board a user selects an element which reveals an overlay, and in the overlay a user can drag an element such as a panning navigation. Doable?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Remove top and bottom black space when previewing small artboards

WHY mobile landscape in Preview have space at top and bottom with black color, its ugly, this gape/space can only be gone if height is 550 or more, height under 550 have this space which make whole prototype look very ugly to show some one. in the screenshot attached The W is 736 and the H is 414 Landscape

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Disable Get Embed Code option (text link) in XD when Prototype Contains Voice Playback

Description:
    If embeded prototypes result in error when an artboard contains voice playback, then disable "get embed code" from XD

Why is this valuable to you?
    The current experience is inconsistent with user expectations and capabilities.

When designer adds voice-playback to an prototype for the first time, alert designer that prototype can not be embedded and disable Get Embed Code text option in XD Share>Share for Review dialog window.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Zoom in/out while dragging wire

Sometimes, while linking artboards, I have the need to zoom out to find the destination artboard.

I click the origin anchor (it turns blue), zoom out and keep the destination artboard visible, then I click the blue anchor and link to the artboard I want.

It'd be nice if I'd be able to zoom in/out using CTRL + Mouse Scroll while dragging the linking line.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Can't export prototype to Alexa Preview (skill) if [space] used for speech playback on first art board

In order to export an Adobe XD prototype to Alexa Preview, the first artboard must contain actual content; an empty space will result in export error. This is a new issue as previous exports have accepted a single space as content.

I wasted several hours trying to address this. My exhaustion to figure it out on my own led me to leave a 1-star rating on Amazon for the XD skill, a phone call to the Adobe support team, rescheduling a client meeting and lost wages.

My feature request:
    Make export error handling better and more descriptive.

Explicit indication that…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Distinguish fixed position vs. preserve scroll position

I found a confusion to quickly identify differences between "Preserve scroll position" and "Fixed position when scrolling" looking alike check boxes, and resulting checking a wrong box and then dealing with prototype "glitches", XD agent support, and overall time waste.

I hope XD Design can do something better to visually identifying distinction between these two features/functionalities in XD user interface, such as adding icons to better visualize "fixed position" and "preserve scroll Y-coordinate"

Case Number: ADB-9008089-L8Z4

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Keyboard prtotype shortcut triggers

An extra feature for the keyboard triggers to be able to facilitate shortcut mode as well.

The feature would be able to set up 2-3 buttons as a trigger to show a new overlay or artboard. (example: Command+K, Command+Space bar or Command+Shift+E).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I just reviewed, and it looks like we support combination keyboard shortcuts already. There are some that the operating system will eat, though, so you might not be able to assign all of them. Are there specific keyboard shortcuts you can’t set?

20. Movable / Animatable Pivot Points for an Object / Component

It would increase animation possibilities if we could change the position of an object's pivot point from one artboard to another.

If there was a way to dynamically parent one object to another, animated pivot points would be even more useful.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base