Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1367 results found

1. Now that you can override certain parts of a symbol, it would be nice if all "versions" of a symbol would be listed in the symbols panel, allowing for a quick overview and easy reuse of altered symbols, as well as more insight over what you might lose if you apply changes to all instances of a symbol.

To further illustrate my idea I made a quick and dirty mockup which I will attach as image

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Picture the following scenario: You have a very large object and a very small one. You want to resize the large object with some relation to the smaller object, which requires you to zoom in. However now that you have zoomed in, the handles for your larger object are off-screen.

It would be nice if you could either, resize an object using the entire edge as a handle, or just make the handles move along the edge so that they are always on screen, even when zooming in.

to illustrate my problem I have attached a screenshot with an indication…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. It would be great to include (for the first time in the Adobe products) this feature with the align tools:
    - one click -> align on the selection
    - doucle click -> align on the workspace
    So that, there's no need to have a droplist where you have to choose on what you want to align (like in Photoshop and Illustrator).

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. When adding a drop shadow to an object it binds to the border.

This means that if an object does not have a border or a fill (in the instance where you would want to create a glass like effect it is not possible)

We have tested and verified that this is counter to how the browsers behave - this is the test example we used:

https://jsfiddle.net/j911t7kp/1/

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I'm visually impaired and have a hard time seeing Xd's user interface. Gray icons and text on gray background are very hard to see. UI elements are also small. There should be an option to choose an UI with higher contrast and larger text/icons.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. like in Photoshop or like iMac folder coloring - to quick initializing layers, probably I'm not first with this ask, just need ask

55 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Color code or tag artboards with final, needs review, in progress, approved

Ease the way internal reviews are done so its easier to share files inside the team and be clear the state of each artboard without having to add all kinds of notes and shapes on the paste board.

43 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. In photoshop, when you're editing text, hitting the enter' key found in the numerical portion of a keyboard then exits the 'text edit' mode, not create a new line. The normal 'enter' key should be for that.

Similarly, when changing any values such as text size, style etc in the right panel, pressing the 'numerical enter' key first accepts the value changes, and pressing it again should then exit the 'text edit' mode.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Would be nice to actually get a live preview of typeface changes when you select text in the layout and scroll trough the fontlist. Like you get in Photoshop.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Hello team, make it possible to reorder Artboards as it's done on PowerPoint (Slides). This is helpful when we export all artboards into PDF. we will be able to change the order of artboards.

59 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. If I'm drawing a rectangle and setting a corner radius of X, and need to resize that rectangle's width, I'd like to just be able to push one side without having the other side's corner radius "squashing" up.

Currently it's possible to do so by editing vector points and just selecting the left or right-side point group, but it wastes a bit of time. Thanks :)

173 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Got it. Currently, that’s expected behavior, as double clicking and adding points converts it from a rectangle (which will maintain the corner radius) to a path, which has a different set of rules for resizing (for things like icons). I think what you want is this behavior: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/12962355. If this looks good, I’ll go ahead and merge this story with that one.

-Elaine

12. The ability to define functional requirements for the application within XD and tag these cards or user stories to artboards/groups/individual elements.

This helps with traceability/transparency for larger teams or teams of teams when delivering using tools such as JIRA and helps to keep XD as a living design document for the application.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Implement Full Screen Mode
    Which already available in Other Adobe Apps(Illustrator,Photoshop)
    F is the shortcut key

82 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Sometimes when I build a project I'm looking at the best fonts to use. The issue I have is that some fonts are not licensed for mobile when I have just designed an entire mobile app using that typography.

Font that are not licensed for mobile app use should be hidden / filtered out.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Have a simple utility keyboard shortcut or icon in the alignment panel for swapping places of two selected elements. Simply interchange X and Y between the 2 selected objects. It'd be useful when selecting 2 art boards as well.

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. option to set a default artboards stacking position

Option to set a default artboard stacking when duplicating an artboard to (left, right, top, down) positions.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. If you are zoomed out you hardly can select a small shape. Maybe you should adjust the selection tolerance depending on the zoom.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I think it would make it really easy on users if you could add a keyboard shortcut that would allow the left-up-down-right arrow keys to switch selections between art boards or components (would be nice to insta swap art-boards or just have them animate to focus on the desired board). I don't like the idea of having to use my mouse and space-bar. It just feels really inefficient.

56 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Would be great to have not only Lorem Ipsum, but rather the "simulation" of text when you create title or text blocks.

The idea is to create wireframes without concerning at all in the first instance on font selection, etc. The focus is layout layout layout. After a second instance, this should be able to be converted to Lorem Ipsum to apply typography.

See image attached for the "simulation" reference.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)