Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1367 results found

1. XD should have a "Plan" view similar to Adobe Muse that shows the pages in sitemap form. This would allow users to layout the page structure/hierarchy in a sitemap and easily rearrange the structure as needed. Users could then switch back to Design view to work on the wireframes of each page or Prototype view just as they do now.

Currently, I need to use a different application like Balsamiq or Omnigraffle to create my sitemaps and then I need to create wireframes in XD. It would be great if I could do both in XD.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Description:
    I am missing a freehand shape tool that allows me drawing sketches directly in XD (Like a pen on paper).
    A freehand vector pencil tool like the one in illustrator would be perfect.

Value:
    Currently I am drawing my sketches in Illustrator, copying them later into XD. Would be nice working without this workaround.

Thank you.

43 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Adobe XD has the rectangle tool, but the rectangle is an element which is a shape itself, destined to be used as a design element.

The feature suggestion is to have a rectangle frame tool, which it's main function is to serve as a wireframing tool, rather tha a design element. The addition is to upgrade the rectangle tool for supporting converting to text.

The wireframing tool should be able to be easily converted to other elements, like a rectangle, image frame or text box:
    a) If you set colors, you convert to a rectangle design element (as it currently…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. If I have a layer selected and then create a new Rectangle object, I'd expect that layer to be created directly above the layer I have selected (or even below would make sense) instead its created as the top most layer with in the current group of layers.

This is annoying because often the size of that rectangle depends on other objects in the group and because the layer is above them all you can see them if the new rectangle is going to be bigger them and it covers them up.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I would like to be able to prevent the Select tool from automatically selecting the topmost layer (just like in Photoshop) so I can drag/move items without having to select them directly or have my cursor directly on them.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Not sure if this is a bug or working as intended, but you can't align an element to a locked element. You have to unlock the element first, then do your alignment, then re-lock that element. Which is kind of annoying.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Current (0.6.24.10) version, when user zoom in/out, the Artboard font rendering size does not change. It will look better if the Artboard title can zoom with zoom level accordingly based on 100% zoom level.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. It would be great to include page numbers on the actual artboards similar to indesign for presentation purposes.

Clients often get lost due to screen share lag, so having the page number available would greatly help.

43 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. See Example https://css3gen.com/css-background-generator/
    As a user, I can draw box
    As a user, I can set a background image on that box.
    As a user, I can Set all the background properties on that box.

background-attachment Sets whether a
    background-image is fixed or scrolls with the rest of the page
    background-clip property specifies whether an element's background, either the color or image, extends underneath its border.<
    background-color Sets the background color of an element This is already a feature.
    background-image Sets the background image for an element
    background-position Sets the starting position of a background image
    background-repeat

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. As you provide importing text from txt file, it would be much more convenient to paste plain text from clipboard - enabling other sources. Usually on moqups you would use 3-6 titles, making those one by one is as long a process as opening textEdit, saving as plain text, drag&droping... It would be much more conveniente to copy a portion of text and it would be propagated based on enters (of course as long as the source text was plain text)

Even more convenient would be to copy text cells from spreadsheets, parsing them should not be a problem and…

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. XD should support hanging punctuation/quotes.

49 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Hi,

Would be really nice if you could add gradient to text as well as objects.

/Iversen

177 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. When using Intersection in 0.6.20.7 Beta, the resulting object is misaligned from the two shapes position. See GIF below:

http://recordit.co/1zqoS6aS8J

Thanks.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

Thank you for getting in touch. This is currently the expected behavior, though we are hoping to improve it in the future. When you create a boolean group including an image, the image then becomes a fill for the resulting path. The image will be scaled to cover the path, similar to the css background-property value “cover”.

If you want the image to stay in place, I would suggest using a Mask instead, which will keep the relative size / position of the image intact.

You might be interested in checking out two topics over in the feature request forum:

More flexibility when using images as a fill:
    https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/17197367-drag-image-into-bounding-box

Automatically resizing an image to fit a mask group:
    https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/13125480-fit-content-proportionally

I hope that answers your questions,
    -Bear

14. It would be great to be able to see which symbols are not used on any of project's artboards.

Sometimes this kind of feature is needed to clean up symbols library.

141 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. It would be clever to have the ability to cycle between the different elements of a group with a shortcut. Ex: I have 5 elements grouped together, and I need to change the fill/stroke of all of them from white to blue. 2 elements have a fill and 3 of them have strokes, so selecting them all at once isn't possible. If I could direct select one element within a group, and then Tab through the elements to cycle through the elements of the group, it would save alot of time and precise clicking within the group. It can be…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. The automated art board name sequencing (Name - 1, Name - 2-, Name -3), only works properly when if a user keeps the original dash and number sequence intact.

If a user clears the default name and r-names an art board, the next art board duplicated from it starts at Name - 1 again, even if one retypes the -1 in the new art board name.

Art boards that have been renamed, then duplicated, might be better suited to either:

1) Start at "Name - 2"

-or-

2) Use a "copy, copy 2, copy 3" sequence, like OS X and…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. The gradient fill, in it's current form, does not show what position (from 0 to 1, or 0 to 100) the stop is located, like in other popular adobe applications such as Illustrator and Photoshop. This means that if I want the accurate position for each stop I have to export it to SVG and open it in Illustrator. This makes it really hard to make gradients with a middle fade accurately, and since there is no way to actually save the gradient as a swatch, you're stuck eyeballing it.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. When scaling text boxes, the text box scales but the text inside remains the same size. This can be handy for scaling at the same size, but very inconvenient when you need smaller paragraph text and have to reformat manually. Holding Command-⌘ (or CTRL on Windows) while you scale down a text box should allow you to reduce the size of the textbox and its contents.

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Renaming artboards with find and replace functionality. This is important, because when you export your boards, your artboard name is included. Things change, branding requests alter and now you could have a word in a name that is no longer relevant / obsolete. If I could do a find and replace, at least if I am consistent with my naming approach, this can lead to organization appearing based upon how I name my layers (point #1 above) and then adjust as needed.

Example:
    brandusagesection_step01

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. After creating a repeat grid, it'll be nice if we can change individual spaces and formatting using a hot-key.

For example: If I hold down the Option key and drag on the 3rd gap it should change that gap independently. Then if you resize the gaps normally, the custom gap will stay put.

(override padding gutter)

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)