Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1367 results found

1. I should be able to select an actual artboard (like in PS) when using the artboard tool. Right now the artboard tool only lets you create artboards with a click. Currently I have to scroll up or zoom out, then click the name of the artboard in order to select it, in order to make modifications. A similar functionality to Illustrator would be helpful (Shift+O to enter artboard edit mode).

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. You know how sometimes you take pieces off of your artboard and put them 'aside' for later? When you duplicate an artboard those areas that hold design items (like texts, icons, boxes) should be considered occupied so you don't end up duplicating an artboard and have those spare parts now part of it.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Allow users to define a base font size and scale ratio to generate a full type system in the typography asset window.

Example:

• I create my body type as 22px Roboto
    • I add the font to my typography asset panel
    • I navigate to the asset panel, right click the font and in the context window and select "Create system from type"
    • The asset panel is propogated by H1, H2, H3, etc. based on the original type
    • At the top of the typography asset section, there is a dropdown with different scale ratios to select
    3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I'd like to be able to select multiple layers and hide or show them with one click.

Currently I have to click on hide/show on each individual layer, wasting unnecessary time.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. With autosaving documents in cloud, when I accidentally hit Cmd+Q it closes instantly the XD app and all opened documents without any warning. It is annoying because I have to reopen all previously opened documents.
    Google Chrome has this option that warns you to press Cmd+Q twice to close the Chrome (in case you hit it accidentally, which is not that difficult having W, that closes single document, sitting right next to Q). It also gives you the possibility to reopen all previously opened tabs, this might be useful too.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I would like to have a way populate text boxes with text and retain formatting/special characters including indents and spacing. I have content in word and would love for a plugin that could populate each text box (maybe by treating each paragraph break as a different box)? I develop technical training and am using XD for storyboarding--this is a huge limitation with content that is technical in nature.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Since your latest update, prototype interactions are copied when in design mode (I copied the whole artboard). When I paste, I have to remove all the interactions. I preferred having the option by only copying interactions when in prototype mode. It is painful for my workflow with XD.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Situation:
    I create a component to represent a live video chat head in a group chat app. I will use a static image for the prototype. The chat head will have several states, including hover, selected, muted, etc. I need to create 30 of these. After I built the component with all the states, I created a repeating grid of them so that I can drag my 30 photos into the components.

Problem 1:
    The drag fails to propagate the photos to the other 29 instances in the grid... it only puts one photo into the drag targeted instance

Why…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. When you have a layer within a group selected, then collapse the group and hide it, the group expands again.

I understand the thought behind this would be to always show the selected layer in an expanded hierarchy, but during my workflow it seems very counter-intuitive and different from the way I have been accustomed to expect adobe products to behave.

I would like to see this changed so when I have a layer selected within a group and I collapse the group and then hide it, the group stays collapsed with the group becoming the main selection instead of…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Now the colors in Assets are forced to have a hex code as the default name.

Please:

1. allow options to change default naming to RGB, HSL, or others.
    2. automatically convert the existing color names in the assets to the same type of color code, if they haven't been edited.
    3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I really would like to have an ability to swap images inside already created masks... especially it's important when one works with components.
    The only way is to drag files from finder. (like in the attached video)... I wish I could do this with assets I already have in XD.
    The only way around it at the moment is to create shape and mask image from the very beginning... From this moment on, if I want to swap image, I have to cut it from outside mask and paste into the mask... and then to delete the old image under…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. In Figma I can set margins and gutters and then let the columns stretch over whatever the remaining amount of pixels is. Super easy to work with. Would be a great feature to add to XD :)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I wanted to cry when this new CC Library feature came out. It's UNUSABLE.

I can no longer move it outside of the boundaries of the app - which means it is ALWAYS covering something else up or taking up space in my workspace. I certainly cannot keep it outside of the app UI or god-forbid move it to my other monitor!

The color boxes are HUGE and take up so much space!!!!!!! The previous UI had nice small color boxes, so I could actually get to my icons (i.e. "graphics") quickly instead of having to scroll three times to…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I'm surprised this isn't a feature already, but marquee-select (click and drag) to select multiple layers regardless of what group they are in. At present doing so will select standalone layers and whole groups, meaning I need to de-group first to then do what I want, or leave grouping until the last possible moment in a design.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I like the idea of have character styles cascading ie using the same font but different style. ie H1 and H2 same font different size, colour etc...

I was also thinking that by designing websites to be responsive it would be good if Character Styles were created in such a way they could detect the size of the artboard they are on and resize.

Within each character style you could give it a breakpoint:
    h1
    Font
    0-479, Size/Line height etc
    480-599, Size/Line height etc
    600-849, Size/Line height etc
    etc etc

Also…
    Styling of text links would be great too. Better…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. The Responsive Resize button should be XD Blue when it’s toggled to the “ON” state. The dark grey background when the toggle is activated (in the right position), isn’t as clear that the feature is activated.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Need an option, like holding alt or ctrl adjusting the spacing in-between repeat grid individually after creating the grid. At the moment if we need different spacing inbetween the two block, it is not possible, have to ungroup the grid to achieve this.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. When using a component instance in a different document, changes to the linked color asset (in the new document) should update the instances.

There seems to be no reason for the current behavior. I work with multiple products with the same base UI differed mostly by color.

It actually looks more like a bug, but this ticket says otherwse: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353010-adobe-xd-bugs/suggestions/38063995-linked-components-not-reacting-to-edit-fill-color

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)