Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1367 results found

1. I often have to deal with elaborate XD files at my workplace designed by other people. To find a section I have to do a meticulous search. A simple "ctrl+F" / Find function would help immensely to find keywords.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Sometimes I'd like to show an infinte scroll (mostly horizontally) in my prototypes if that's some services CTA's or a gallery. Currently, this isn't a feature so I ended up duplicating the whole group and adding a note in my email when I send the design over. If there was an option to make a scroll group infinite ie. as it reaches the end of its scroll it mirrors it from the beginning that would be a great help. I've shown on this quick mock up how the option on/off could look.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. What I ask is very simple: add an horizontal scroll bar to the layers panel, so I can scroll it without the need to resize and making my prototype working area even smaller than it already is. This is a very common aproach to IDEs on the folders panel, despite allowing resizing, they always have an horizontal scroll bar to help navigation on deep levels or small monitors.

This feature would be very appreciated for people with deep components hierarchy levels or smaller monitors.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. create a keyboard shortcut for 'add state' please. or better, a suite of keyboard shortcuts affiliated with adding all the different type of states to a component.

When working through a suite of icons, for example, this is a very tedious process to have to manually repeat 2 states per icon using the mouse to hover over and click every time.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. When Working At the same time in a Document, be able to see the Change Log of each user to what changes were made.

Sometimes when multiple users work on the same file, it would be amazing to see what each user has changed in the document.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Like the 'diamond' symbol you have for components, please add a symbol identifying characters that use a style from the library.
    Also, how do we unlink a text from a library-style?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! UserVoice works best when you file only one suggestion per ticket.

I’ll keep this open for identifying the character style in the design. As for your question, you can change the text formatting in the property inspector to the right and automatically unlink it from the character style in your assets panel.

7. Designing for web means mocking up, at minimum, for desktop and mobile. I have to create separate heading styles for both device sizes. Would be so so nice if I could define font sizes based on device widths for each heading style and swap them all at once, rather than tediously going through the mockups and updating each text box one-by-one.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Ability to change individual item colors in repeated groups, in the same way you can change text. Perhaps with a similar system of dropping a text file of hex values to change them.

Alternatively, the ability to have component states be different within repeated groups would be helpful.

For example, I have a health meter in a table, shows a heart in red, yellow, or green. I can have each as a component state and in a repeated grid, select the individual items I want to change for variation WITHOUT having to ungroup. I'm forced to ungroup all the time,…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. When working with linked components, there are often times when individual components will 'mysteriously' not allow operations like delete, make local, etc.
    This is usually because the selected component is a sub-component another compound components.
    The process of finding out which other components in the library depend on the selected components is difficult even for the designer who created the components. It's nearly impossible for collaborators.

If a function like "Show Dependencies" were added to the right-click context menu of components that fall into this category, it would be much easier to manage.

I envision this feature as filtering the…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Being able to fix the width, when stack is active, then on adding / removing items the padding should be distributed evenly between the element.

Will let us recreate the same logic as the "display: flex, justify-content: space-between", useful for app development like navbar that always have the same width.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Hello,
    one thing I loved on Assets panel was the possibility to change the width of the panel to show multiple columns of assets including for each asset a small tile and its name.
    Today in the new version of library it's not possible to have the list view in multiple column... For me it's a regression.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Since our team is using multiple shared design libraries, it would be nice to be able to open more than one library when working on a document.

For instance, I'd like to be able to have both the brand library and the current document assets open at the same time.

Especially if one could be on a floating palette.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. It would be a great time saver to be able to drag psd files into XD documents for using them as images without needing to save em as jpg or png first.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. There should be an option for 'Edit svg in Illustrator' in a right-click menu.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. In certain apps such as VS Code, you can select a specific string, then press Ctrl+D, I think, and each time you press that shortcut the selection 'expands' to include one more of the potentially multiple instances of that specific string into a highlighted, select-state. You can keep pressing until all instances are selected, it tends to expand starting with the nearest, working outwards from that point in the document, to eventually include all insances.

Typically, then people would use the multi-cursor feature to replace the multiple selections of the same string with another string, or paste one from the…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. The new padding tool is great EXCEPT that it is behaving like a margin tool - not a padding tool.

As it is currently, when resizing a group of objects, altering the padding (free or uniform) expands/contracts the parent container, when the parent container should maintain it's size and the objects inside the parent container should move within the parent.

Expanding/contracting the size of the external container - is how you increase/decrease margins.

I suspect that at least one of your developers probably mentioned this somewhere along the way because this is web development 101...

Seriously, though - please fix…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. It appears that, in XD, the only way to create a Bezier curve with handles that have asymmetric magnitude is to press option/alt, which also means that the linearity between the lines is broken. Those of you familiar with Sketch will note that this functionality is built right into the inspector area (see attached). This feature would obviously give a lot more flexibility to the types of curves we could create without creating unwanted breaks in the smoothness of said curves.

Interestingly, this is the exact opposite of how bezier curves work in Illustrator. In Illustrator, the handles only remain…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Our team would benefit from "smart" text objects. Our largest need for this is for a text object to reflect the hex value of a color from the color assets. However, it would also be valuable to have a text object's content reflect a certain date, a series of dates across a repeating group of objects, today's day of week, today's month, etc. This would make our prototypes appear more dynamic for our clients. Currently, we manually type all of this information across multiple artboards and have to update it from time to time as the project moves through design…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Show the component states in the Touch Bar when that specific component is selected. It's nice to be able to hit esc to return to the default component but you still need to mouse over and click on the next state you want to edit it.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I am using component states for currency icons (dollar, Euro, etc). I'd love to be able to search for "Euro" even though that instance/state is tied to a master component labeled "Currency".

Breakdown: Type "Euro" into the search field and the Currency icon appears because one of its states is called "Euro". This will let me know the state I am trying to find lives in the Currency icon. Could be very helpful for others I have shared the components with to be able to find the right icon state.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)