Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1367 results found

1. To unlock objects, I need to manually select every locked object to Unlock it. This is time consuming and obnoxious. Indesign, Illustrator, Sketchup and others use Unlock All to Unlock every object, saving loads of time.

I think where Illustrator's model could be improved upon is to make "Unlock all" artboard specific so that you're not unlocking every object on every artboard which is generally bad for productivity. In Illustrator I find myself continually needing to group everything on the board before I do "Unlock All" and either hide it or drill down into it so I don't accidentally unlock…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Windows users are used to the key binding Ctrl + Y redoing the last undo (you know, Ctrl + Z is undo, Ctrl + Y is redo), but currently, it hides the left sidebar. That gets very confusing and uncomfortable.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. In Design Mode, we override symbols in multiple places - but sometimes forget to Update All Symbols along the way. Later, when editing the document, we can not find the latest update to a symbol, which we would like to use to Update All Symbols to the override. Feature needed: "find most recent update override to a symbol."

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. As a designer in design mode, when applying "Update All Symbols," I wish to keep some update-overrides. But they can be hard to find. A find-and-replace feature, like in modern spell checkers, would help me to find and confirm, or skip, some of my other symbol overrides.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. When your paragraph is center aligned but there is a space in the end of the line, InDesign can justify the paragraph optically, so that the empty space is neglected.

On the other hand PS, AI, AE and now Xd make use of that empty space and the visible text will not be centered. That's just stupid, right?

Make all the type settings as clever as ID, which is obviously the only app with professional understanding of type. Thanks!

XD is super great and I can't wait for it to develop!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. When attempting to use repeat grid to create column guides for responsive themes, I found that it is not possible to snap to fractional x or y values. This means that if a column is a fraction, you have two problems.

First, when creating your repeat grid, you create the first column of (say) 67.5 px width. Then you create your second column of 30px and try to snap it up to the right side of the first column. It unfortunately will be .5 px to the right of the boundary instead.
    OK, fine, to remedy, I simply shave off…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. It took me a while to figure out where the pan command was for mouse users. It's difficult to discover and remember.

WAS:
    It would be amazing to have an intuitive way to navigate around your artboards when you are trying to create something. Every time I open up Xd I am stuck trying to figure out how to look at my boards. Relearning that over and over (at the moment I still don't know) is tedious and frustrating.

At first, I couldn't see the first artboard fully until I used the magnifying glass. Now I can't get to the…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I really like the populate behavior that drag and drop has when used in a repeat grid.

With that said, and this just maybe how I work, but I feel like it would more efficient to not have to leave the program and just use the shortcut for File > Import... select the files I want, press enter and it populate a repeat grid as if I had dragged and dropped those files from the Finder.

Granted some may not want that behavior, and I may not want that every time; a possible solution could be to have "import options"…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. It would be very beneficial to change the color of the bounding boxes. I am working on an application with a very similar shade of blue and it's incredibly difficult to see when I have selected things.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I use it as my main color selector in photoshop.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Make it possible to duplicate locked layers please.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. After drawing a line for a line graph with the pen tool I realised that my points weren't easily spaced. It would be great to be able to fix this issue by selecting all of the points and distributing them evenly using the alignment tools at the top right.

Writing this I realise that maybe I should just turn on the grid tool and space them evenly first time but this may come in handy for other situations too?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Self explanatory - show locked items in another colour not the standard selection blue. A grey or red or something that is different to the standard please. That way I don;t have to click on it to find out it's locked.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Copying, drag and drop and/or pasting assets from one document to another (as we can do in Acrobat and Illustrator). This would really work well with UI KIt - being able to zoom in, pan & select the needed asset). Thanks for creating another great tool.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I use the handles snapping to grid functionality extensively when creating icons and other detail-intensive shapes. This is critical to my workflow.

Note from Adobe: curve anchor points (the points the curve pass through) should snap to the grid already. This request is about the curve control points (the two handles on either side of each anchor point, with the tangent line connecting them) snapping to the grid; this does not cause any visible part of the path to align to the grid better, it just helps keep the control points organized and makes it easier to match curves identically…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Create a 'repeat-grid cell template' that can be used on many artboards, or even on the same artboard where I need to separate them into categories. Edit the 'cell-template-A' and all repeat grids using that template update accordingly.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. When importing svgs, and the svg uses the <title> tag in the svg, use it to name the path upon importing.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Rather that simply provide the option to space distribute multiple items based on the distance between them, in addition, provide the option to distribute them from their center points, as provided in Illustrator.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Color gradient function. The area of color selection is too small to accurately locate the desired position,
    For example, the gradient is from: #000 (0%position) - > #aaa (50%position) - > #666 (50%position) - > #000 (100%position), like picture 1;It is suggested to increase the selection of color areas. Picture 2 is like this;

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for submitting this idea. I'm going to keep this open, but as a tip, you can press tab to switch to the next gradient stop if they're really close together.

20. I'd like a cycle state to be added. It would be similar to toggle state but it would have multiple states. For instance, a filter button. press once filter sort ascending arrow pointing down highlighted. press again another such descending arrow point up highlighted.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)