Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1367 results found

1. Hello Folks,

Since layer names become more important. My idea is to have the group name proposed by Adobe XD.

This mainly makes sense if there is a textfield contained in the group and we could leverage this very specific text field entry to populate a default name for the group.

So let's imagine I am designing a list of contacts and I will create several people cards would contain elements as Name (filled with Robert), Phone number, Picture and card background.

If by grouping XD would allow me to reuse the input with in a textfield as group name…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. XD should be able to replicate CSS.

white-space: nowrap;

...is not reproducible on XD currently.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. If I want to replace an image underneath another object I cannot use drag and drop because it will replace the topmost object instead. Since there is no way to replace an image other than drag and drop (which itself is a serious shortcoming), you should be able to drop an image onto a layer in the layers panel.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Align to pixel grid does not work on some vector elements.

The option works for some elements, but some others refuse to snap to grid/resize when using this option.

When i resize these resistant vectors to have no decimal point and use "align to pixel grid" it will change the H/W and X/Y to have decimal points once again.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I love Adobe XD, but this small interaction consistently drives me insane – and it is when you try to highlight any text within a text box and Adobe XD deselects what you're trying to highlight far too easily.

This routinely slows me down and I have to either perform the action slower or multiple times to maintain the selection.

I know it sounds minor in the grand scheme of things, but it's actually quite infuriating.

Anyway, keep up the great work!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Similar to Zoom In Cmd+1=100%, Cmd+2= 200% it would be nice to have Zoom Out, say Cmd+Shift+2 = 50%

Currently the only way to go 50% from keyboard is hit Cmd+- twice.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. How to view this problem, create a large desktop canvas (e.g. 1000px wide), make a smaller overlay (e.g. 500px wide), perfectly position your overlay where you want it to show/be triggered from. Then change the transition type (e.g. from dissolve to slide left). Now I have to reposition my overlay again as it's position has been removed when I changed transition type.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I would love to have the ability to splitscreen. Sometimes I want to copy things from other screens that are a long way apart, and scrolling back and forth is annoying and I can't open a second instance of the app.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Currently we can only measure the distance between the two objects that either don't overlap or are entirely separate. It would be nice to between the top edge of two object that overlap (for example, between object B side E and object A side A, labeled as measurement 1). I would like to be able to select the edge of the object I want to measure from and see the measurement to the selected edge of another object.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I would like to be able to select multiple artboards but Xd forces you to choose each artboard by Shift + Clicking on each artboard name.

Instead, I would like to be able to Shift + Drag my cursor across multiple artboard names (the name in the top left corner of the artboard) to do a multi artboard selection.

I do not want my selection to target items inside the artboards. I want it to only select the artboards themselves.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I was excited to hear that the June 2018 update included Math Calculations which I what I upvoted. I was surprised you said it was completed but I felt like it's not there yet.

So here's my problem that I still ran into many times.

I have a responsive website project with more than 100 artboards. If I change the footer height size by -40px, that means I would have to go to each artboard to manually change the height size of the artboard by -40px as well.

I thought I could select all 100 artboards of different height size…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I'd love it if the gradients operated more like they do in apps like Illustrator where, holding option, one can copy a gradient color from one point to another.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Say that I have a circle, and I want to create a light bulb base. I go into the 'distortion' mode and begin to distort the shape using the points given. I would like the ability to mirror the distortion on both sides or all sides of the shape. In other words, if there 2 distortion points on either side of the object, I would like to be able to distort one point, and the option to mirror that distortion on the other side. This is especially important when distorting shapes with curves.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. It would be very helpful that if you have a data that could be a pattern that the repeat grid would follow this pattern much like spreadsheeting tools do.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Right now I can't control the images used in my project.. For an example.. I'm building a website and put a image in the background. I needed to change it and I accidentally dragged an image in TIFF format with 85mb. After that I replace that image with the correct one. Now my project has doubled in size and I can not "delete" it from the project... It seems to be still there in the .XD file...

I do not know if this is a cache problem or something like that ..

But I believe that software should have a…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow searching of Adobe Stock like in Photoshop and illustrator

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Best ways to design consistently is via grids. I would love to set width's of my design elements using number of columns.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Options like "bring to front" & "bring to back" are used very often when drawing mockups, but currently it needs 3 clicks (right click -> arrange -> bring to front). If there was a button in the right panel (like the alignment buttons), we could do it with 1 click.

Of course there is always the keyboard shortcut, but in some languages they are quite weird key combinations (especially if you dont want to move your right hand from the mouse to the keyboard) and when drawing stuff, we have our hand on the mouse anyway and thus having a…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Create a group out of some elements, convert it into a symbol and then ungroup the symbol instance. The result will be that you have the elements in the group all standalone instead of getting back your group.

Solution: When ungrouping a symbol instance convert it into a group named by the symbol's (current) label. I experienced that it is more often the case that you want to keep your element compositions grouped but only change some detail on it for specific purposes.

At the moment you have to group things twice and name the outer and inner group the…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Currently the 'Object Blur' extends the blur outside of the object's width/height.

It would be great to have a blur option to have a hard edge instead, so if the blur continues off the bounds of the object it would not be visible (eg only blurring the interior content, not the edge).

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)