Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1367 results found

1. I think the styles are really helpful. Would be more convenient if they were accessible at the typeface settings in the inspector though. When I am dealing with type in a design, or parts of a design I am generally looking at the right side of the screen, whereas the left side with all the symbols, colors, etc is more for the whole document.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Add the same sorting functionality to the CC Library panel in XD that is available in Illustrator.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Since many enterprise apps today runs on bootstrap Grids, I felt it would be great to have featur in adobe xd.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. If I want to replace an image underneath another object I cannot use drag and drop because it will replace the topmost object instead. Since there is no way to replace an image other than drag and drop (which itself is a serious shortcoming), you should be able to drop an image onto a layer in the layers panel.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. If you guys could include in the assets panel a way of saving styles for borders, so that we can easily apply it to elements in our designs, it would be great.
    Functionality wise it would basically be the same as as for the other assets in the assets panel.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I would like to be able to connect different shapes (rectangles, rhombuses/diamonds, ellipses, but potentially everything). The connector line should either be solid, dashed or dotted and end in an arrow. If I move a shape, both of the connected shapes stay connected (the line expands/contracts as necessary). The line should be able to carry a text label, either in the middle, at the beginning or the end (supercool would be if you could add an offset from/to beginning/end of the line).

In other words: I would like to be able to draw a flowchart.

For me as a UX…

381 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. It would be really useful for me as an developer to have the fonts embedded in the XD file (like Photoshop does).

I use the XD file made by our designer to extract al sizes / font-sizes / line-heights and spacings to determine what the generic styles for specific components are going to be.

But when I don't have the current font installed on my PC yet, I can't see which parts of the design are bold / italic and how the font-sizes hold up to certain design blocks ( because measurements aren't the same between all fonts ). XD…

92 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Need better distinction between layers and groups in the layers panel. Possible solution: color blocks, a darker grey block of color behind groups or the ability to color code layers/groups like in Photoshop.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. If I'm drawing a rectangle and setting a corner radius of X, and need to resize that rectangle's width, I'd like to just be able to push one side without having the other side's corner radius "squashing" up.

Currently it's possible to do so by editing vector points and just selecting the left or right-side point group, but it wastes a bit of time. Thanks :)

173 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Got it. Currently, that’s expected behavior, as double clicking and adding points converts it from a rectangle (which will maintain the corner radius) to a path, which has a different set of rules for resizing (for things like icons). I think what you want is this behavior: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/12962355. If this looks good, I’ll go ahead and merge this story with that one.

-Elaine

10. It would be nice to be able to memorize the type of display of the assets by document: I often use the "grid" type and each time I open my document I have to switch.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. It could be nice if the boundingbox that sorrounds the font on hover, expands in size when increasing the lineheight. With that we could set the lineheight as the developers use it in css.

See example attached.

65 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Would love to have a menu item at the very least, that I could assign a keyboard shortcut, to rename a layer or group. I'm on a big display and it wastes so much of my time, dragging my mouse all the way to the top left to also double click a layer.

Thanks!

119 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Introduce a new feature that lets you import color swatch libraries from photoshop or illustrator.

125 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m leaving this open for now, but if you’re interested in using color swatches from Photoshop and Illustrator, you can export them to a CC Library and use them in the Assets Panel directly within XD. Hope that helps!

14. Sketch currently have a fantastic approach to moving objects - if you have a complex group and need to move an object that is behind others you can hold command & option and move the object as if you had the mouse on it

A great way to speed up workflow and stop accidentally moving the wrong objects

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. It would be great to be able to incorporate some of InDesign's character/paragraph styles into designs. Things like drop caps or paragraph rules would be a great addition to enable more editorial style designs.

( See also: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/12931494-paragraph-styles )

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Hi there,

Recently, I found myself usually make layout grid off when I used eyedropper.
    It's silly, who the hell select their color with layout grid?

So I submit this idea.

Thanks.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. A symbol is highlighted with a green frame when hovering over it and with the same green frame when it is selected. I would like a distinguishable visual indicator for when a symbol is actually selected.

Maybe just finally introduce resizing symbols, then you can display handles around the selection frame, just like any other object! ;)
    -> https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/16939339-scale-resize-symbols-individually

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Some fonts have issues between Mac and Windows environments most notably at the moment the Intro typeface. It works fine in all other Adobe software but in XD if a person sets up a file on a Mac and then a Windows user tries to open the file the fonts are all missing despite the exact same font files being installed on both computers. Mac and Windows in XD seem to group font families differently so Intro Black Caps on Mac is Font-Family: Intro, Font-weight: black caps. But on Windows it's Font-Family Intro Caps, Font-weight: Black. Causing the files to…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Hello,
    I just returned from Adobe Max and loved learning about XD. I work for Le Creuset and would love the ability to be able to sketch our product and a 3D model be created in XD. I know this was part of Sneaks. Or at least be able to upload our 3D models that we currently have in other applications to be able to place new designs on our product in XD. Is that a possibility? If so, what format do they have to be in? Thank you, Nicole

46 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Introduce a 'Sketched View' mode, which a designer can toggle on/off. This would effectively remove all color from an artboard/design and render lines,borders,shapes with a slightly hand drawn effect, greyscale images, etc. You may have produced a lovely design but don't want the client to initially get held up on color choices. Once layout tweaked/approved you can then turn off 'Sketched View' and re-publish for the next review stage.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)