Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1367 results found

1. Instead of manually input dimensions for a custom size, it would be much easier to be able to drag'n'drop a file to the custom size icon so it automatically would adapt the size.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. I've been working with XD since October and I love what you guys are doing, the streams, the updates all of it. I'm using a PC so I would love to see more integration for Wacom cause working with the mouse is hurting my hand a lot and I have to take long breaks. You guys make good features to adobe xd but healthy first make wacom integration better,

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1. Select the layer you wish to keep the group name of
    2. Select all layers that should be part of the group
    3. CNTRL SHFT + G
    4. Result = Layer keeps its name using the first layer selected

When ungrouping, XD should maintain previous layer names derived from the same process. This seems to be the core of my layer challenges. That being said, I love how fast I can move in and out of layer by "layer-clicking" through the layer under my pointer.

LOVE this app now... thank you!
    LIn

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Whenever I try to highlight type so I can make a change, the type does not get highlighted, instead it creates a new text area. XD should work the same way Illustrator does when it comes to highlighting, selecting, editing type.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 2,030 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. It would be very useful to have a detailed color picker like in Ai or Ps..
    This would increase the workflow very much.

thanks!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. It would be nice if you were able to drag a txt-file with an array of HEX values onto a shape in a repeat-grid and the shapes would update their colors. Similar to how you can use images or text today.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. When I design, I put a prototype screen, with a look and feel that I like, next to my artboard, and use this as inspiration, like I guess many people do. It would be great if I could get the attributes of the font on the prototype (png or jpg) and quickly use that font in my own design.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Admin →
  8. The UI of Adobe XD can be resized to some extend, but I am running in screen real estate problems with my laptop which has a 3:2 screen aspect ratio (Surface Book). The design canvas is quite narrow with both the left-hand panel and the right-hand panel opened.

However that I can hide the layers panel when designing, it is not possible to control the size of the properties panel on the right, even though I think there is some room for responsiveness here as well (see example "right-hand panel responsiveness.jpg".

My idea would be to:

• enable resizing of the…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Use pixel values for letter-spacing and line height rather than whatever Adobe uses right now so that it's easier to translate the specs to CSS

Use percentages or relative values to size objects and type.
    eg: I want this object to be 50% of the artboard width

Add padding and margin pixel values to text to generate buttons. Similar to how you are able to create buttons out of text in illustrator (see: https://youtu.be/fiTnlCCXTBo?t=1m46s)

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I've seen hundreds of newbies get their hands on Xd for the first time, and they always hit the separate corners button before setting the desired value, not understanding that the value entry box is already related to the button on the left. Please re-arrange them and use a more conventional and intuitive mapping of these buttons.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Got it! Thanks for the clarification and the suggestion. I’ve edited the title to be more concise and applicable to your suggestion, and I’ll leave it open for others to upvote.

11. Clear alignment of objects relative to each other. This means that if we want to align one object to the center of another, it must be aligned exactly to the center, even if the dimensions of the object being aligned are not even. For example,10,4x12, 8px.

Now it is implemented as in the picture in the attachment and it is very inconvenient, because you have to align the input coordinates XY manually.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. The fonts in XD are so crisp on windows. I kinda like lost my soul of using it there compared to figma.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Admin →
  13. Break a large text box into separate point text. I have a list that I pasted onto a text box. I want to break that text box into point text for each line with one click.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Currently, when we have a group containing a text element and a rectangle (e.g. for a button), when resizing the group to make it smaller, the font size changes. It would be good to have an option to disable this behavior, because often we want to make a group smaller, because the button should be smaller, but not change the font size.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. When you adjust the line height it should make the text box around the text adjust vertically. Right now when the "point-text" box type is selected it does not.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I would suggest you to update new features that supports augmented reality app ux design.

More than 200 companies working on Augmented Glasses and already launched their working prototype. For example microsoft hololens.

This is the feature of technology and adobe must updated before someone takeover in market.

Let me know if you need more information.
    Thank you.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Ability to automatically sync document colours + character styles without manually having to click the plus icon.

Problem:
    Unless you remember to constantly update these the document can quickly lead to inconsistencies between what is on the screen and what is in the assets. The more screens and the bigger the project the harder this is to manage and reference what you have used in other places, which is critical for digital design.

Solution:
    If a new colour or font was added to a screen it would appear under assets automatically. If it was deleted from the screen it would…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Hello Folks,

Since layer names become more important. My idea is to have the group name proposed by Adobe XD.

This mainly makes sense if there is a textfield contained in the group and we could leverage this very specific text field entry to populate a default name for the group.

So let's imagine I am designing a list of contacts and I will create several people cards would contain elements as Name (filled with Robert), Phone number, Picture and card background.

If by grouping XD would allow me to reuse the input with in a textfield as group name…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. The ability to assign predefined variables to properties of assets.

i.e. If I have a complicated mock-up and I want to try some different color combinations, I can assign all rectangles that represent cards to one variable, all shapes that represent headers to another, etc. etc. Then testing different color combinations becomes much more efficient.

Currently I have to go through and Individually select each asset and change the properties. Support for variables would significantly reduce design time and effort.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)