Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1367 results found

1. If you do Paste Appearance on an image it will paste everything including the bitmap data of the original, which is not useful (there's duplciate/copy function for that). I would like to paste specific attribute such as Shadow and nothign else.

Copy and paste appearance attribute e.g. Shadow

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Switch colors between fill and border color option

Allow switching fill and border color. I mean, pressing a button and what is fill color will be border color mutually.

121 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. I would like the ability to decide what is included in the "grid gap" between shapes for example I would like to choose to ignore shape effects such as shadows.

Currently (v14) I need to mentally subtract the width of the shadow from the repeat grid spacing to ensure the layout is displayed correctly for development.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Just like most adobe tools, it's possible to customize your work space, would be great to have that in XD.

42 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. The current way the paste functionality works is counterintuitive when pasting elements on multiple artboards.
    If I select multiple artboards, it's because I want to paste the same object in the same place on all artboards. Right now if an artboard is not in the viewport the object is not pasted, and if an artboard is partially visible the object is pasted in the center of the visible area.
    There should be a way (modifier key or global preference) that allows the user to control the paste behavior

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. One of the main reasons we use Sketch is because of the infinite canvas. For large web projects, there can easily be 60+ artboards at 1920px width, which would run into the edge of XD's canvas. Please make it infinite - it's also very annoying trying to zoom into an artboard at the edge of the canvas, since you can't center the artboard in the view properly.

1,526 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I would really like to see the masking features of Photoshop in Xd. In terms of masking Xd is really lacking. People would really appreciate if they can use the shortcuts like Alt+click on layer to direct mask and other similar features of photoshop.

Its really frustrating to keep switching between Photoshop and Xd while making an UI

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. An option to record the work progress (via a plugin) as timelapse.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. When I have an element selected, it would be great to apply one of my global colors to it with a keyboard shortcut. XD could give all my global colors a number from top to bottom and then I could reference it with ⌘⇧1 , ⌘⇧2 ... (just an example). In that case I can sort my global colors in the order I use them most and the shortcut automatically references the respective color. Optionally pressing ⌥ could change the border color.

This would save me a lot of mouse movement and time.

Thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Admin →
  10. Frequently, when I'm just trying to drag and drop a small object, I end up accidentally resizing or transforming it. For example, notice in the attached file how small my target is if I just want to drag and drop. If SELECT were a different tool from RESIZE/TRANSFORM (like in Adobe Animate) this problem would be solved. The direct manipulation points are great when I need them, but get in the way when I don't.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Now I use photoshop to create a gradient image, but it would be much easier to implement a feature to add a gradient, with an image as a fill, instead of just a colour.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Change the font-weight handling to numbers or identify the number associated with each weight. This is the standard implementation paradigm for developers and should be considered by the UX designers.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I love Adobe XD, but this small interaction consistently drives me insane – and it is when you try to highlight any text within a text box and Adobe XD deselects what you're trying to highlight far too easily.

This routinely slows me down and I have to either perform the action slower or multiple times to maintain the selection.

I know it sounds minor in the grand scheme of things, but it's actually quite infuriating.

Anyway, keep up the great work!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Repeat Grid should allow you to spread over multiple sheets. Then "undo-grid" seats each pieces into a proper layer on each sheet.

Once ungrouped and in separate layers, you should be able to reselect all shapes/groups based on similar features or symbol.

XD would keep track of the grouping/ungrouping/Grid/Ungroup Grid actions and be able to reselect all or some (manually) NOT using symbols.

I got lost in initially thinking this Grid tool was to spread from one sheet over many sheets versus using a symbol which doesn't give the same design behaviors as the grid tool.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Admin →
  15. Selecting text on your art-board automatically highlights its style in the Assets window

Problem:
    It's hard to tell which Character Style in the Assets window I need to modify to affect a certain set of text boxes.

Solution:
    To be able to click one of my text-boxes and the relevant Character Style gets highlighted in the Assets window.

84 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Editing gutter width automatically changes my margins to adjust to account for the static column size and changing gutter size. A similar thing happens when changing the column size. Other fields are getting auto set to some value when I don't want them to change. This means I'm not able to get the correct grid size at all.

It would be nice to set each one independently or have an option to lock in some values so I can eventually get the correct sized grid.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Remove the visible border between artboards when transitions are activated.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Hello Guys,

I am a visual designer and exploring adobe Xd suddenly one thing noticed my eye icon has been used for zoom in/out functionality actually use for search but adobe XD is using for zoom in/out. I was little bit confused so I chose to test this some of UX designer and visual design or normal people they got his as search icon not for Zoom in/out.

For research prospective I checked this in photoshop CC so I found zoom icon little bit different form Adobe SD and in photoshop top left corner presenting the both zoom in and…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Ability to scale attributes proportionately. When creating shapes, buttons, or icons within XD sometimes they need to be scaled to different sizes. Currently when scaling these shapes, buttons, or icons created within XD we can no scale some of the attributes proportionately.

As an example I create a container box with a stroke, border-radius, shadow, and paragraph text. If I need to scale proportionately, like say 50%, the stroke, border-radius, shadow, and paragraph text don't scale proportionately.

(Currently using Windows Beta Version: 0.6.8.6)

694 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. it would be great if there was an easier way to replace images within a symbol other than drag&dropping from an outside folder (which is a bit WTF right now), such as a replace element option or similar

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)