Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. It's great to have add and see comments in the online prototype. But even better (for the designer) would be to see those comments in the design file.

I envision a third tab next to Design and Prototype: Comments (or Feedback). When you go to that tab, you see all your artboards, but you also see any comments that have been made on the online prototype. Pin or bubble icons (or whatever) appear next to artboards with comments, which you can click to pull up the comments in a comments panel (similar to the layers and symbols panels, but perhaps…

254 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. I want the option when setting up character styles that there doesn't need to be a color associated with the character style.

For example, I set up my H1, H2, H3 with their respective font families, font weight, & font size. But my design has different background colors. Sometimes my H1 is lack on a white background, which is how I set it up in the Character Styles. While other times my H1 is white on a black background,. But if I change the H1 to white it no longer correlates to the H1 I setup in my character styles…

252 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. The tab button on a keyboard doesn't indent text like it would in every other text tool in adobe suite.

please make the tab button indent paragraph text.

249 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Would love to work with My Typekit fonts inside XD. UX design without Character Panels such as in Illustrator is almost illegal.

248 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I wish I had the ability to select an image and be able to update the file or change the image with out having to import another image if it is exactly the same size or I updated the design.

242 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Hi,

I'm Head of Brand Management in a marketing department. And more and more often we need to make a simple app to our colleagues in sales. Very simple functionality but vital information. The problem is that our development department do not have time and recourses to help us doing the coding for us.
    So basically my suggestions is quite simple: Why can't Adobe XD have a export or build function like nativ.com or Appy Pie where you can build an app without coding. I do my designs in XD, Photoshop etc. and I have a licens for Adobe CC…

239 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 237 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Currently, there's no simple way to look up or adjust the spacing of an existing repeat grid element (other than grabbing and dragging the spacing area).

This is sometimes bothersome because, 1) when just trying to look it up, you don't always want to change the spacing, and 2) finding the spacing adjustment area can be a bit fiddly.

Also, when you DO want to adjust the spacing, it can be a bit tricky to get it on the exact pixel.

Therefore, it'd be nice if the spacing property would show up as an input field in the right (properties)…

236 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I would really like the default transition for wires to be "None," not "Dissolve." I have almost never seen a real website or app or desktop software do page transitions with a dissolve transition, so I don't understand why it's the default transition. I have to change the transition from "Dissolve" to "None" every time I create a new project. I could be the only user who wants this, but I wanted to make this request.

234 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. support for Google Maps

225 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Thanks for an awesome product and for valuing community requests!

I'm very interested in incorporating variable fonts to our UI, especially for navigation states where font weights change on hover without changing the character/word/line width. But currently I have no way to design using these fonts in XD -- all of the style variations are set in CSS axes definitions, not by specing a font weight or transform element. Adding the font to my computer does load it to my list in XD, but there's only one weight: Regular. No italics, no weights, no widths, no serif variation, no nada.…

224 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. The ability to collapse / expand all folders in the layers panel, similar to photoshop (Hold Alt + Click on folder to collapse or expand).

Most elements / symbols have a hand full of layers inside each. These add up after an artboard or so worth of design and having to manually collapse each individual group of layers individually can take up a bit of time.

Would just be a bit of a time save for those of use who spend a lot of time organising our layers.

223 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I would like to import HTML or SWF files as content in XD.

Best Kenneth

222 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Kenneth, would you mind breaking out SWF import as a separate feature request? That way people can gauge whether people want both or which one is higher priority. I’ll remove SWF from the title here so it’s focused specifically on HTML import.

14. 216 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Splitting off from the typographic features (https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/12927885-typographic-features)

Let's discuss what control over kerning you'd like to see in XD.

214 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. It would be awesome to be able to mark some elements inside a compontent to not change some properties on its states, for example, text. If I change the text on the main state, it would change the text inside the other states. With that, I would be able to improve my work on making hover buttons all over my prototype. The way it is now, I need to change the text inside all the states, what makes it impossible.

213 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Currently, for scrolling artboards there is a fixed-position dotted line that defines the height of the viewport in the interactive preview.

For desktop web sized artboards, I'd like the position of the dotted line to automatically adjust dynamically so the prototype fills the full height of the user's screen. For example, on a laptop screen the scrollable viewport might be 960px tall and when the same prototype is viewed on a desktop monitor the viewport might be 1200px tall.

211 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Please add a feature that will allow the user to remove unused components from the library. Currently, I have to click on each component and check if it is on the canvas. Bearing in mind that there are several hundred of them in my file, it becomes very troublesome and causes a mess in the library. A similar option is available in e.g. Adobe InDesign and is very helpful when working with a file.

206 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. In a perfect world I would like have dynamics animations on differents layers when you scroll or move the phone. It will improve a lot the possibilities of the soft.

Dynamic animations

205 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. OS X's Quick Look doesn't work, I can't look content

(macOS Finder spacebar / space shortcut)

193 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)