Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

68 results found

1. It would be excellent if one could export a prototype so it could then be hosted for web with HTML markup. The perfect example of this need comes in when we do usability testing.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. As a user, I want to be able to go back one screen if I am viewing my prototype in preview mode so that I don't get stuck on a screen that I haven't prototyped yet.

Sometimes, I just want to test that all of the buttons on a screen take the user to the screens they are supposed to, but I may want to continuously go back to the previous screen because I may want to test a new path.

Perhaps a keyboard command would be great. You could also make it go back if you click 3 times…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve added new features recently to our shared prototype viewer that I think you’ll like. Now, when you view your shared prototype, you should be able to use the navigation buttons (as well as the left/right arrow keys) to be able to shuffle through your artboards in order, even if you have interactions defined. Check it out and let us know what you think!

-Elaine

3. When you select the previous art board option you are not able to change the animation mode and timing like other prototype links. Is this a bug? It's a shame and a problem in my estimation.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. When previewing prototype need to be able to maintain page scroll position between screens to support interaction and animation behaviours (in Preview).

255 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Hi there,

The user should have the ability to see the mockup prototype on Browsers or other devices. This kind of feature would be an effective addition for desktop designers and mobile designers alike.

Nowadays, we are only able to preview on the a mobile device screen size, which is useless for desktop or even other device design.

Thanks

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Closing this issue due to inactivity on an open query. You can already preview a web artboard in full screen mode, which gives you as much real estate as you have on your screen. If there’s something specific you’re looking for, please do file a separate idea in the system!

-Elaine

6. 5,142 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I have three iphone 6 screens.

Menu, Home, Content

on the content screen I changed the height to (1,000px) the width on all three are 375px. On preview it breaks and trys to display the entire screen. By deafult I expected to have the screen scroll to show all the contents of that page. I did not expect it to try and show all the content. It took me about 30mins to realize what it was doing. And that I cannot have it scroll. This is not cool, need to be able to show this in all my previews.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

With the latest version you can scroll “long artboards” … We’ll be continuing to improve this feature add additional scroll related features (e.g. viewport scrolling), but for now I’m going to mark this as complete.

8. Add the option to morph an element to another from a step to the next during transitions.
    For example a button in Step 1 can be linked in the prototype to a input field in Step 2. Then during the transition, AdobeXD should morph the button element to the input field.
    Both elements can be made with SVG assets, and morphed with the Gsock SVG Morph animation library.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I'd love to see the ability to transition between artboards by using the keyboard.

For the UI, I'd place a keyboard icon just below the "set as home" icon. When you click it, you can see a list of current key transitions and a button to add a new one. When you click the new button, you have a box to enter the key to bind and then an arrow to link the artboard the key will transition to.

It would be important to include the ability to link keys such as the arrow keys, space bar, escape key, etc.

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. In usability studies we need a way to drop fake hotspots that do not have to be linked, the reason that we need this is so that the user can click around more and hover over things to help the prototype not lead the user into clicking the item that we've enabled.

If we could just drawing a hotspot and linking it on every single page of a flow is not idea and just being able to draw a hotspot and link it to nothing while activating the mouse hand to still go to a pointer will help our studies…

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Everyone,

We added a way for you to turn hotspots off on the web prototypes. You can now add “?hints=off” to your URL and no hotspots will show.

In the future, we’ll add this option to the Share Online dialog, but, for now, you can just add the additional parameter to your URL.

This request also includes some users who want us to turn off hand cursor changes. We did not do this when hotspots are off because we are unsure if this is really what people want. If your use case includes one where you want cursor changes off, please vote on this issue and make a comment:

https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/19766590-turn-off-cursor-changes-when-hotspots-are-off

Let us understand your use case a bit better. Thanks!

11. I´m designing for several screens at once and would like to be able to create separate links for the different screens. Eg one for desktop, one for tablet and one for phone. So that I easily can work on all the screens at once and don't have to change files.

216 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. What is it with Adobe's hatred of sound? They keep coming out with apps that make it easier to assemble web sites yet ALWAYS exclude sound. There are a lot of creative projects I'd like to work on with Adobe but they require sound files. From a web site where you click and drag loops to mix the audio live, to a kid's virtual zoo where you click on an animal to hear the sound it makes, to a site made for visually-impared people who have to navigate by sound, to a site about how orchestras work where you can…

207 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Currently when update a shared prototype, it replaces the previous version, it would be nice to have the option to retain previous versions.

These versions could then be compared side by side to easily review changes, as an added bonus the versions could be linked together so as you navigate one version the previous version would move in sync (where possible)

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. The anchor link that target the specific part of the page. This is the significant user experience on web usability where user can "back to top" or can navigate (i.e. from menu bar) to the specific sessions without the need to scroll through entire pages.

3,460 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I've started using XD in office for wireframing live projects.

Now when I record the prototype video, I often need to narrate what's going on - esp if it's a WIP. This would help to kick-off future conversations with the client in the right direction.

Hence a record 'mic audio' option in XD would be extremely useful.

145 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Ability to copy wires along with assets. For example, if I have a home button that will always link to the same page, it would be helpful if I didn't have to wire the button each time. This would also be helpful when duplicating artboards so the links stay intact. For example, if I need to show a dropdown menu, I would do this by duplicating the artboard and adding a wire to the dropdown menu. In this case, I would want all the existing wires to stay the same.

264 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can now paste wires with the objects in the May 2017 release of Adobe XD! Simply switch to prototype mode, and the objects will paste with their wires. You can copy and paste artboards with the wires between them intact, even to other files.

To check out the latest version, go to the Creative Cloud desktop app! If you don’t see the update, you can select the gear and click on “Check for App Updates.”

-Elaine

17. Enable 'fit to width' and scroll pages when previewing prototypes.

Currently the full screen preview fits the height of the design within your screen, so for long desktop pages, you can't mimic a browser experience.

62 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Would love to be able to print out my screens. I know I can export assets and then print, but a one step print function would be awesome.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Since you already started with scrollable area inside artboard, it would be awesome if we could define sticky header. For example, one page website has a lot of content, but I want to create sticky header so when I scroll down, it stays at the top. Maybe you could add the option so we can define the group and assign the sticky header option to it. That way on any artboard we can just assign that option to it and that's it.

5,545 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Fixed elements are finally here!! We’re incredibly excited to announce that you can select any top-level element in your artboard and click “Fixed Position” to fix your element anywhere in the viewport.

To learn more about this feature, watch the video here: https://youtu.be/3fWBkV5S6U4

Please do continue to file and upvote issues in UserVoice – your voice really does make a difference!

-Elaine

20. In Protoype mode, be able to select multiple links and edit them as a batch

multi-select

111 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)