Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about
--------------------------------------------
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: On August 30, 2019 User Voice Bugs forum will transition to read-only.

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. [Windows] Paste from Photoshop

I tried to copy a rasterized image and text from PSD but I can't paste it in XD. also from illustrator, I made a logo the i copy it but I can't paste it in XD. I hope it can't done by just drag and drop like Illustrator to photoshop. So we can get all assets in our workflow in a short time. All hail drag and drop...

69 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  07 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Auto-scroll when wiring

Give the ability to move the screen in the direction of your mouse (from center of screen) if zoomed in too far while dragging a screen-link line.

If a user is zoomed in too far and wants to make a connection. They should be able to drag the line in any direction and when they reach the end of the screen, the background should move with them (a la pen tool in Illustrator [and many others])

69 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Drag and Drop Artboards from PS/Sketch to Import into XD

It would be great if XD could have an Extension that works with Sketch and Photoshop to export Artboards to XD - like you would do with Zeplin or Proto.io

The ability to import the exported dartboards into XD with all the assets sliced, imported and placed in their original/correct position, all groups and layers are preserved just like they were in the original design app.

This would be a massive time saver and speed up our workflow hugely

69 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  07 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone,

In our March release we’ve released the ability to open Photoshop & Sketch files in XD. After reading this thread, i think that feature is covering what was originally requested here.

Can you try it out and let me know if this is what you need?

How it works:
    You can bring your Photoshop or Sketch files into XD by simply opening a PSD or a .sketch file with the CMD-O command or by selecting “Open” from the “File” menu. Your file will automatically convert into a new XD file with your artboards, layers, and assets editable and at a high fidelity.

You can find more details about March release here:
    https://theblog.adobe.com/march-2018-update-adobe-xd/

Let me know your feedback.

Thanks,
    Dan

4. [Windows] Update prototype

I'd like to be able to update my shared prototype from the Windows version of Adobe XD.

68 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

You can now update protototypes using the May version of Adobe XD! To check out the latest version, go to the Creative Cloud desktop app! If you don’t see the update, you can select the gear and click on “Check for App Updates.”

-Elaine

5. Switch between area and point text

Ability to switch between the two type formats. Additionally the ability to auto size area type on resize and to fit content

68 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Support game controller navigation

There are many applications where the interface is navigated with input devices like game controllers. It would be great if we could get some support for these.

68 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

42 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Need Plugin like Sketch's Zeplin

Please add any plugin like sketch's zeplin so it will become easier to share your designs and its assets to the developer team.

66 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  07 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

XD’s January 2018 update now supports integration with Zeplin (as well as Avocode, ProtoPie, Sympli, and Kite Compositor). Read more at https://theblog.adobe.com/introducing-popular-3rd-party-integrations-adobe-xd/

Zeplin is only supported on Mac right now. If you’re interested in Zeplin support with XD on Windows, please let us know by upvoting https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/33045610-zeplin-integration-on-windows

8. [Windows] Mask with shape

I'd like to create a clipping mask in Windows using any shape or path.

63 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Mask with Shape is now available in the April release of XD for Windows! Download it today from your Creative Cloud desktop app – if it doesn’t show up, click the gear icon and select “Check for App Updates.”

-Elaine

9. General API for Extensions: Layers, Groups and Elements

I would very much like to see at least a general API that gives me access to the full object hierarchy in an XD project - artboards, group, layers, elements and their properties - along the lines of the sketch API current specification

63 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  06 : Extensibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Scrollable pages in prototype full screen preview

Enable 'fit to width' and scroll pages when previewing prototypes.

Currently the full screen preview fits the height of the design within your screen, so for long desktop pages, you can't mimic a browser experience.

62 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Make Design Spec publicly accessible

At the moment, my development team do not have an adobe subscription, and I often work with external organisations who also do not use adobe either.

As a result, I need the ability to share a public link to the design specs so that they can access it.

60 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-completed  ·  14 comments  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Ability to resolve a comment as done

It would be nice to have an option to have a check box to resolve comments & feedback. I think dropbox has this feature now.

This would be helpful so that as I'm designing I can every easily see the issues that still need address & those that might need some more attention.

60 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Artboard Scrolling

This idea addresses how we can have longer pages beyond the current artboard dimensions without manually resizing.

Artboards could actually be just a viewport. You could double click on a given artboard to open an expanded canvas.

In the crude example I've uploaded below, I can still keep all of my screens aligned as I have been. When I double click on an artboard, the canvas is expanded to show I have much more content on the page. Perhaps the rest are dimmed to emphasise where we are. Think isolated mode in Illustrator.

This would keep the best of the…

60 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is indeed completed. We have a few additional enhancements to this feature that we’ll be adding in an upcoming release including a property inspector addition for scrolling giving you more control over your viewport and an artboard’s ability to scroll.

14. Disable swiping on mobile prototype

Please provide an option to disable swiping between artboards during the Live Preview on the Adobe XD iOS app. I want testers on the mobile app to only be able to navigate using the interactions I've authored. Them being able to swipe at any time prevents me from getting a valid test out of them.

58 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  08 : Mobile (iOS)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 7-Day Trial not long enough for purchase decision

Update to XD CC version today.

I've been using XD for a while now and have been a big fan ...up until today.

Like many others, I've invested a lot of time testing out this product. Also like others, I've done this on real projects in order to put XD to the test; see if it works for my workflow and so on. It was a risk I knowingly took.

However, with such a short trial window for the official release, I feel like Adobe now has me over a barrel. There have been a few critical features missing which…

58 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Highlight related symbol when an instance is selected

As a designer (working in a complex document) when I select an item on an artboard, if it happens to be a symbol (if Symbol Library panel is open), I would like the corresponding symbol in the Symbol Library to be highlighted. This will help me to locate it so I can name or delete it from the library. Then, if I selected every artboard on a document it would highlight all of the used symbols in the Symbol Library. This would help me to identify any unused symbols - for deletion/cleanup.

58 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Multiple Interactions on a Single Element

Allow for multiple interactions on a single elements. Aka, be able to drag multiple wires from a single object.

Use case 1: When designing a carousel, a user should be able to swipe on an object left or right and navigate to the next or previous slide.

Use case 2: When designing an app with similar interactions to Bumble or Tinder, the test subject should be allowed multiple interactions on the same object. Swipe up, down, left, or right.

57 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We introduced the ability to add multiple interactions on a single element in the most recent version of XD. You can select an object and select the + button on the wire or in the prototype mode property inspector to add an interaction!

18. [Windows] Share to web

I'd like to be able to share my prototype to the web so that my stakeholders can view them.

55 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Make nudge grid-dependent

It would be really nice if you can make the nudge (Shift + Arrow) work with the same size as the grid by default or add some tool to change it. I think this way we can work even faster.

For example: for an 8px grid, make the nudge 8px instead of the default 10px; for a 4px grid, nudge 4 px and so on.

Additionally, another mode could be added to make the nudge twice the size of the grid. For a 4px grid, nudge 8px.

It's the same principle as nudg.it for Sketch, but without the hassle of…

55 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Select behind/select by path only

Would like the ability to be able to select a object/path behind another with a cmd+double click (?) as per indesign, or be able to 'select by path only' like illustrator

53 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 5 7 9 22 23
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base