Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about
--------------------------------------------
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: On August 30, 2019 User Voice Bugs forum will transition to read-only.

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Incorrect display of the borders of the viewer

The lower boundaries of the prototype view window are displayed as rectangular, rather than rounded, as upper. Rather, they are both rounded and straight at the same time.

Version 16.0.2.8 (Starter)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Affordance to see/change Home Artboard in design mode.

Currently there is no way to know which artboard is the "Home Artboard" outside of Prototype mode, and there's no way of changing it in design mode.

I make a lot of presentations/decks in XD and I don't often use prototype mode. When I share a prototype/deck I assume the first slide is going to be the artboard in the upper left because this the default order for unlinked artboards in XD: left-to-right, top-to-bottom.

I currently don't have any visual indication (in design mode) as to which artboard is my "home artboard." Which means sometimes I don't know that my…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Reference external data source for strings

Use a reference of external strings IDs in text fields.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  06 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Export with Zeplin - Exclude Sublayers

In Sketch there is an option adding "-g-" as prefix to a folder name you want to export to avoid the devs to select the sublayers of this folder.

feature is describe here at the bottom of the page

https://support.zeplin.io/sketch-integration/exporting-assets-from-sketch

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  06 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Delete Button to delete assets/styles in the Assets panel

It would be great to have the ability to use the delete button to delete color/character styles and symbols (instead of having to right-click).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Font Matching

When I design, I put a prototype screen, with a look and feel that I like, next to my artboard, and use this as inspiration, like I guess many people do. It would be great if I could get the attributes of the font on the prototype (png or jpg) and quickly use that font in my own design.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Duplicate document from the Start Screen

Right before opening the project. Listed of all created projects should be able to right mouse click to drop a menu to duplicate or anything to do with outside of the project.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. "L" shaped elements cover and prevent the selection and identification/specs of everything below them.

Please look at this XD "Design Specs" file:
    https://xd.adobe.com/spec/37ccb941-8fd4-4a7f-6223-499948dc3fcb-41fd/

The "L" shaped elements (colored RED and FUCHSIA in the file) cover and prevent the selection of and identification of the specs, of everything below them. Even though these "L" shaped elements are not closed shapes they cover everything below them (BTW, it's the same when there is a surrounding border that is above everything else, layer wise).

Please, this must be corrected.

The attached file was "Exported" to PDF.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  09: Design Specs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Smooth anti-aliased font

The fonts in XD are so crisp on windows. I kinda like lost my soul of using it there compared to figma.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Export Icon used two different ways without a label

Make a new icon for "batch export". The same icon is used for a different part if the interface to "open in browser". One icon should never be used to convey two different meanings unless they are also labeled.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  03 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Drag a list of colors to a repeat grid to color elements

It would be awesome if we could drag a list of plain text hex code / rgb values to a repeat grid in a similar way that we do with text.

That doesn't describe it too well but I've made a quick mockup of what I mean. So imagine there is a file with hex codes and I drag it to one of the elements and all the colours change as per the codes.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Import CSV or XLS Data to a Repeat Grid

Ability to drop a spreadsheet on a text field within a repeat grid. Dialogue would appear, allowing user to select the desired column of data.

Super useful whenever displaying lots of data. For example, when creating layouts for mobile that are based on tables in desktop versions (see attached).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Easier access to color swatches

As a user who works with design systems and color palettes often, it would speed up my workflow considerably, if I could select a color swatch directly without opening the color palette.
    A quick selector that openes on hover and shows the swatches could be a nice solution.
    Or color shortcuts.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Access log for published prototypes

It would be nice to have a list of people who logged in the prototype and date/time, to be aware of who accessed it.

I had a security issue in a confidential project and it would be useful to measure the extension of the leak before changing the password.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Save Prototype to desktop for review

Ok, I have a file that has been lost but I have published on Behance and I have a Published link. It would Great If I could (Save or Download) from Published.
    Or If a client wanted to send feedback but they also wanted to Save and Print a copy they could also Download the file from here too maybe as a PDF or a Folder of images

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  03 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Ability to adjust grid values

The gird layout seems to work automatically which isn't correct and not how web design works from a coding point of view.

I simply want to have 45px margins on the left and right with a 12 grid column. It's IMPOSSIBLE to do this. It keeps re-adjusting things.

Is this suppose to work like this?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  05 : Extensibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Drag on a curve

The may overlap other requests, apologies if it does. The ability to drag along a line is fantastic but if we could drag around a circle it would open up a whole lot more to your users.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. character styles name in CC Library is showing as the typeface name rather than what I named it

In CC Library, I should see the character styles I created named by the name I assigned, not the typeface. e.g. I should see "H1", "H2", "Body" instead of "Roboto", Roboto", Roboto"
    (Is this a feature request? it certainly seems like a bug...)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Link interaction on overlay with action on the base artboard

Having the ability to click an element within an overlayed artboard to cause other interactions on the original artboard.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base