Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. (Command + Scroll) Push Away vs Pull Toward, in Design Tab

Scroll direction isn't natural (see Mac OS Gestures x Google Maps ixd). If I hit Command and scroll up, the art board pulls toward me on screen. It should push away from me as I scroll up. Considering we're all interaction designers here, likely designing interactive experiences, this seemed like something you'd want to address in the XD experience or at least allow as a preference.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Repeat Grid spread over multiple sheets-allow pieces to auto seat into layers - then reselect all based on similar features or symbol

Repeat Grid should allow you to spread over multiple sheets. Then "undo-grid" seats each pieces into a proper layer on each sheet.

Once ungrouped and in separate layers, you should be able to reselect all shapes/groups based on similar features or symbol.

XD would keep track of the grouping/ungrouping/Grid/Ungroup Grid actions and be able to reselect all or some (manually) NOT using symbols.

I got lost in initially thinking this Grid tool was to spread from one sheet over many sheets versus using a symbol which doesn't give the same design behaviors as the grid tool.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Tile artboards

Remove the visible border between artboards when transitions are activated.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Search icon is the zoom icon

Hello Guys,

I am a visual designer and exploring adobe Xd suddenly one thing noticed my eye icon has been used for zoom in/out functionality actually use for search but adobe XD is using for zoom in/out. I was little bit confused so I chose to test this some of UX designer and visual design or normal people they got his as search icon not for Zoom in/out.

For research prospective I checked this in photoshop CC so I found zoom icon little bit different form Adobe SD and in photoshop top left corner presenting the both zoom in and…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Selecting and highlighting type is difficult

Whenever I try to highlight type so I can make a change, the type does not get highlighted, instead it creates a new text area. XD should work the same way Illustrator does when it comes to highlighting, selecting, editing type.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Send to After Effects - Choose where to save images

Ability to save images in a specific location when sending to AE. I noticed it gets saved to the local disk, but our team works on a server so that isn't ideal.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  06 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Keyboard shortcut to discard when saving Cmd+D on MacOS

It's common in all other Adobe and MacOS products to have Cmd+D to discard saving the document when closing it. So I can quickly hit Cmd+W and Cmd+D to close document without saving changes instead of working with both keyboard and a mouse.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Associate asset display type (grid, list) with the document

It would be nice to be able to memorize the type of display of the assets by document: I often use the "grid" type and each time I open my document I have to switch.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Share prototype on customer mobile Number, Email or WhatsApp

Request you please add feature : we share our prototype link direct on mobile number, email etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. favicon

Displaying the icon in browsers and launcher icons (iOS, Android) improves the experience with the user tests and the open a lot of opurtunities to experiment as a designer.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  03 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Better image interpolation for device/web preview

The quality of @x1 images when previewed on iPhone is very poor. It looks like XD is using interpolation that is not suitable for up-scaling, as the images are very pixelated - beyond the level I’d expect from normal 2x upscaling.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Non-rectangular tap zones

I prototype AR apps and whatnot, and have tried to use the Pen tool to draw a tappable shape around a simulated camera area. Trouble is, XD simplifies it to a bounding rect to trap taps, which can consume a lot that doesn't conform visually. It also makes overlaps trickier.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Open from your computer

Can we get "Open from your computer" in the mac file menu. It is painful to go have to click twice to open files.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Unique id number per screen

Problem: I cannot tell clients or partners to check screen X because everytime I update my XD files with new screens that are not at the end the pages on the bottom (x of total) change. So a screen on page 45 may become 46.

Solution: Either add a new (fixed for ever) page number at the end or provide sperate (viewable IDs, probably together with the artboard's title).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  03 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Mark / Label Key Pages (Artboards)

When I create a project, I usually get a lot of arboards, and get loads of small varioations / overlays - so when I want for example print all, or export all to a PDF I will get LOADS of pages which I manually have to remove.. In some projects I also have the Mobile Layout too.

So I would like to be able to Mark / Label / Flag / Group for some key artboards (like: Mobile 1, 2, 3, 4... or Desktop 1, 2, 3, 4... or maybe just mark as Key Artboard)
    So that when I then…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add export to context menu on artboards

Would it be possible to introduce a short-cut option (right-click on Mac) to export each page directly from an artboard?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  04 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Add text alignment as a property in the assets panel

I would like to save the text alignment as a property in the assets panel, so that I don't have to readjust the alignment all the time.

几个严重的缺陷!请赶快更新版本!

1.资源面板中的字符样式存储功能,只能存储字体类别、颜色、大小,却无法存储左对齐、右对齐、居中对齐!真的超级麻烦,我每次都要重新调整对齐!

2.形状描边无法使用渐变!难道XD就只能做界面吗?画个ICON都不行吗?

3.描边无法扩展成形状!Sketch都能扩展啊啊啊啊啊啊!

4.不能预设形状!每次都要画完形状后都要取消一次描边,恶心死了

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

我将此更改为关于在资产面板中存储对齐。 其余建议已经在数据库中,需要您的upvote。

*梯度中风:https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/17796841
    *扩大笔划形状:https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/13808037
    *形状库:https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/13392015

此消息已被机器翻译。

I’m changing this to be about storing alignment in the assets panel. The rest of the suggestions are already in the database and need your upvote.

18. Transition popup's destination should show artboards in Z-order

At present, the list of Destinations within the prototype settings popup (see attached) is shown arbitrarily, seemingly having no sort order at all. For a document with more than a few Artboards, this makes trying to find the one you want really hard.

The expected behaviour from my perspective is that the list of Destinations just follows the existing ordering of Artboards in the Layers panel. This way, a designer can order things as they like and then see the same order shown there.

This is using Adobe XD 13.0.12.14 (latest version at time of writing).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Layout grid should work like InDesign columns

The grid system should work and look just like the columns in InDesign, the grid is a common thing for all graphic designers and making them look different across apps makes it all feel non cohesive.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Text Frame Options like Indesign

Because InDesign is such a powerful layout tool, it's textframe options are very helpful in typography (rightclick textframe > textframe options). It allows you to adjust padding inside of the text frame by the unit as well as vertical alignement.

I know there are other requests for these items separately but I believe XD is capable of having text frames similar to that of InDesign and these would belong together.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base