Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about

Request details

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Shutterstock plugin for stock photos

We need the Shutterstock plugin like Photoshop and Illustrator's one

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  05 : Extensibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Which basis you have define the artboard sizes in Adobe XD?

Which basis you have define the Artboard sizes in Adobe XD?

If did you know which is the most usable mobile screen sizes / availability in market, please confirm.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Upload .xd-file when publishing link

Upload the .xd-file as well as exporting pngs when publishing the link for the prototype or the design specs.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  03 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Make assets panel character styles available in the property inspector

I think the styles are really helpful. Would be more convenient if they were accessible at the typeface settings in the inspector though. When I am dealing with type in a design, or parts of a design I am generally looking at the right side of the screen, whereas the left side with all the symbols, colors, etc is more for the whole document.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow the option to default the selection tool to direct select

It would be great if we had an option of whatever we want to select group or specific layer via select tool default options. I guess it's much more frequently used to pick just one element instead of picking whole group.

So for me, for example, it would be much easier if by default it would be to just pick one emelement by click, rather then to press CMD all the time i want to change something inside of group.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. More information on website

Put info on downloading on your website. WHY use a link sent via email? I use a web-based email so that option was not available. I had to use chat to find out that ould download XD through the CC app on my Mac. Your agent was very good, but a little thought on your website designers would have made that unnecessary.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Show/export content outisde of the artboard boundaries

When working with and artboards I sometimes create artboard elements descriptions, which I place (as grouped text and lines) partially outside of an artboard.

It would be beneficial to have an option to show/hide artboard elements that cross artboard boundaries.
    When exporting such artboard, XD should also be aware that, if such elements are visible, they should be also in the export.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. we need to be able to change the color of the "hint " selector on our prototype navigation

when you have your finished project and you want the user to select a a nav area its hinted as blue blips , we need to change these colors because if I have a blue background you cannot see it

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Support Bezier point data on export of SVG

I have issue with SVG generated by XD for usage in Icon Font generator. I use this one: https://www.npmjs.com/package/gulp-iconfont

There is online generator:
    http://nfroidure.github.io/svgiconfont/

I attach one example file generate by XD: heart-xd.svg
    Result: https://cl.ly/272g0m1g202H/Image%202018-06-11%20at%208.16.09%20odp..png

And one re-saved by Illustrator: heart-illustator.svg
    Result: https://cl.ly/28382e3k2v0C/Image%202018-06-11%20at%208.16.56%20odp..png

Because if I open the svg in illustrator and re-save it, it'll work fine. I am suspecting the svg syntax in XD doesn't work properly.

I got information that XD SVG does not export bezier point data so scenario you’re describing is expected with how the feature is currently designed.

Maybe connected to this request:
    https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/31672270-better-svg-export

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  04 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Redline Capability

It would be nice to have a measurement tool in the toolbox area that allows the designer to create redline layers. Fireworks used to have a ruler tool that would allow something like this. Once a design is approved, it can be quickly marked up with padding and margin spacing info in the same document without having to go to a third party tool.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Unnatural scrolling on iPad

When scrolling through artboards it happens very unnaturally. As soon as my finger moves 1cm it swipes to the next artboard.

A more natural behavior is that the artboard swipes "with my finger".

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  07 : Mobile (iOS)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Reference points to the vertical and horizontal centers when distorting a shape

When I'm distorting a shape (say a rectangle) into another shape (say a trapezoid), I'd like to know see reference guide to the vertical and horizontal centers, so I know how far to move the distortion points.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow a global layer that can be hidden/shown on export

When designing prototypes, I like to add instructions or comments for the developers so I can explain actions like what happens on hover, or when to make a particular section visible.

I also add special buttons for "Home" and "Back" to each artboard to make it easy to get to my custom-made menu of all screens in the prototype.

And lastly, I sometimes use a bootstrap background on my artboard to help with layout alignment.

What would really make things amazing is if I could put each group of associated items in a global layer that I choose whether or…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Adobe Smart AI

Some How Adobe will develop an app [Adobe Smart AI] that will automatically tell us that, which adobe application is required to get the desire result.

For an example: After saving and image form design of an android device. The "Adobe Smart AI" will analysis the image like google lenc and tell that wil need to export via "Android Studio" in .java format.

:::>> Logo concept already done

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Open a last project on start

Can you add option: Open a last project on start?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. simple photo gallery feature

Please can we have a simple way to create a photo gallery where clicking a thumbnail makes that image the Hero image at the top (a bit like a Light Table).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Pan while using color picker

Enable the ability to pan the project while using the color picker

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Pan with ctrl+scrolling the mouse wheel

It would be nice if you could pan the same way as with other Adobe products using ctrl+scrolling the mouse wheel. I find myself zooming in when trying to pan.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. A Way to Block Some Users from From Commenting

I had some issues with an employee who was commenting a storm of uneducated comments on some of my published prototypes.

The prototypes I post are mainly for handing off specs to developers and to discuss aspects of the UI with them. Other people outside this workflow are able and welcome to look at the prototypes. However, it is our expectation that people outside the Design-Dev relationship should refrain from making comments. If they do make a comment, they . should only make comments that pertain to their profession and not to propose design changes since they are not designers…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  03 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Enable Adobe Exchange for XD

Adobe Exchange should enable for Adobe XD, so that other developer can develop extensions and allow us to install. Like we have. this option for other CC products like, Photoshop, illustrator, InDesign and others.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  06 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base