Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Lock properties of an object

When I make a symbol out of an object, I should be able to lock certain size properties. For an example, if I have a standard button saved as a symbol, instances of that button should have always the same height but with variable widths. In that case, I would lock the height attribute of that button so on resize only the width is changed.

This can help with complex symbols too where some dimensions cannot be changed or the symbol will be distorted so the designer could lock all of them to ensure that future use does not distort…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Preflight check to ensure all artboards are connected

Currently, there aren't any safeguards to ensure that all pages are accounted for and each button directs correctly.

It would be really helpful to be able to specify a button with a target at the outset, so that upon publishing a quick preflight check would ensure that everything is linked correctly and no pages are missing from the site architecture.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Keyboard shortcut and improvements for context menu

To speed up work you could press for example "C" key and you have acces to context menu under your cursor. It could show different options for different types of objects.
    For example:
    1) Shape / shapes - menu contains last used colors (alt clicking on color applies it to border), align, and other tools. (example image attached)
    2) Text - menu contains styles, fill with lorem ipsum, text alignment etc
    3) ...
    It would be super awesome if you could customize that menus.
    Another idea is to maybe rebuild/add to right click menu to be more context aware and…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Export "Share Online" Markups as Annotated PDF

The agency I work for is very particular about archiving internal and external markups. It would be great to have an option to export the "Share Online" markups into an annotated PDF for archiving.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Dynamic Type

Hi, would be great to have dynamic type incorporated into prototype mode. Is there any plan to implement this in future release?

Rehan

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Give a specific error when writing to a PDF that is already open

Currently when you export a PDF with the same name as an already opened previous version, it wont say what is wrong. Would be nice if they fix this!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Highlight objects that use a selected color in the assets panel

I want to select all the objects that use a particular asset like a color or font. If my design has gone crazy and I have assets that are close, like 23px and 24px titles that I want to merge it would make that easier. With colors, I may not want to edit the Asset, I may want to change all the corporate red to the corporate blue. It would help with finding fonts in a file too, like in Illustrator.

Similar to:
    Related symbol: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/19712428
    Related character style: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/30977113

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Duplicating artboards does not maintain z order

Windows 10
    XD Version 0.8.22.17 Beta

When duplicating artboards, I would expect the new artboard to appear in the artboard list above the artboard I duplicated (which is the current behavior for layers), but it always appears at the very top of the artboard list as if I had performed copy and paste instead.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Adding filters for fonts. Like “Filtering Typekit”.

This feature is available in other Adobe products. This screenshot is from illustrator.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Alert user before deleting symbol from artboard

Several times, I've accidentally deleted all instances of a symbol. When selecting a symbol from the artboard and deleting, it would be nice if confirmation were required before it deletes all instances of that symbol. If a user really wants to delete all instances, it's easy to do so from the symbols panel (right click --> Delete.) So I don't think this extra alert would be annoying, since the difference between deleting an instance and all instances is so subtle. When you are zoomed in close to just one instance and are on the layers panel (so you can't see…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Option-dragging from a group should not add the item to the existing group

I often will make a box with text in it. I want to be able to opt-drag that text to make a copy in a different box. This works, but the text is part of the box+text group I've made rather than being created outside of the group (as doing a copy/paste command would do).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Duplicate symbol in the Symbols Panel by Opt + drag

provide a functionality to duplicate a symbol in the library

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Too much mouse use

You should consider ways of minimizing the use of the mouse.
    I work with InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop all day long, I´ve never had problems with either hand or shoulder before starting to use Adobe XD.

Manually resizing artboards is a pain. Fit to selection would help.

Zooming is a pain. Smart zoom would help. (Zoom where the mouse pointer is, or where selection is.) I constantly have to reposition.

Finding a page is a pain. Jump to page, search page og something like that would help.

Selecting all on artboard can only be done by manual selection. Select all…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Multi select/deselect shapes by Ctrl+click instead of Shift+click

I know I can draw a box around multiple items ('m using lines) to select them, but I'd like to select them by Ctrl + click as well. I have another shape behind the 2 I'm trying to select, so selecting multiple items by dragging a box selects the item behind it, and I can't deselect it... that's also another suggestion; deselect by Ctrl + click if multiple items are selected

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Better export options for graphics with effects

If I, say, create a round icon at 150px without any detail such as a drop shadow or glow, it will happily export at 150px.

However, this size is increased on export with the addition of a drop shadow or glow detail etc. For example, to 168px. (The same principle would effect a shape or text element.) Currently, using the same 150px icon with drop shadow example, the asset size on the artboard does not take this into account, but still shows as overall size as 150px, even though exporting increases this.

It would be useful to have an option…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Snap to nearest graphically-balanced position on arrow movement

The ability to (key+arrow) move an item directly to a spot that makes sense, according to certain preset values.

Eg. you could move an item always 10px away from another item, or directly center an item between two other elements nearby with just one (key+arrow) combination.

See example below. Thanks!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Move Resize Handles, so that they stay on screen

Picture the following scenario: You have a very large object and a very small one. You want to resize the large object with some relation to the smaller object, which requires you to zoom in. However now that you have zoomed in, the handles for your larger object are off-screen.

It would be nice if you could either, resize an object using the entire edge as a handle, or just make the handles move along the edge so that they are always on screen, even when zooming in.

to illustrate my problem I have attached a screenshot with an indication…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Adobe XD Wireframing tool as InDesign Rectangle Frame Tool

Adobe XD has the rectangle tool, but the rectangle is an element which is a shape itself, destined to be used as a design element.

The feature suggestion is to have a rectangle frame tool, which it's main function is to serve as a wireframing tool, rather tha a design element. The addition is to upgrade the rectangle tool for supporting converting to text.

The wireframing tool should be able to be easily converted to other elements, like a rectangle, image frame or text box:
    a) If you set colors, you convert to a rectangle design element (as it currently…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Draw new object above currently selected object

If I have a layer selected and then create a new Rectangle object, I'd expect that layer to be created directly above the layer I have selected (or even below would make sense) instead its created as the top most layer with in the current group of layers.

This is annoying because often the size of that rectangle depends on other objects in the group and because the layer is above them all you can see them if the new rectangle is going to be bigger them and it covers them up.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Tab navigation

I'd like to be able to change a subsection of a page based on my selection, like you can see at http://tabtab.be/

タブで遷移

日本語で失礼します。

現在、プロトタイプモードでは、ページ全体の遷移しかできません。
    例えば下記ページのように、タブで選択した箇所のみ情報が変わるような遷移はできないでしょうか。
    http://tabtab.be/

情報サイトでは、タブ切り替えをよく使います。
    このような遷移がプロトタイプモードで作れたら、イメージ共有がスムーズになります。
    現在この機能がないため、XDをプロジェクトで使うのをためらっております。
    ぜひ追加機能をお願いします。

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base