Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Drag a list of colors to a repeat grid to color elements

It would be awesome if we could drag a list of plain text hex code / rgb values to a repeat grid in a similar way that we do with text.

That doesn't describe it too well but I've made a quick mockup of what I mean. So imagine there is a file with hex codes and I drag it to one of the elements and all the colours change as per the codes.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Import CSV or XLS Data to a Repeat Grid

Ability to drop a spreadsheet on a text field within a repeat grid. Dialogue would appear, allowing user to select the desired column of data.

Super useful whenever displaying lots of data. For example, when creating layouts for mobile that are based on tables in desktop versions (see attached).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Easier access to color swatches

As a user who works with design systems and color palettes often, it would speed up my workflow considerably, if I could select a color swatch directly without opening the color palette.
    A quick selector that openes on hover and shows the swatches could be a nice solution.
    Or color shortcuts.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Switch color scheme: map color set to another color set

I like to offer color theme options, or even to let the user choose their theme.

Doing this is easy when I work in Wix, for example. I start off choosing a color palatte/scheme. Then after I design, I can easily change the scheme of the whole design by switching between palattes. So, for example, everything that I made light-blue on palatte1 becomes yellow on pallate2.

It would means that light/dark colors on palatte1 stay light or dark. For example, yellow can become pink, light blue, light gray, etc...but not dark blue or gray.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Create access log for published prototypes

It would be nice to have a list of people who logged in the prototype and date/time, to be aware of who accessed it.

I had a security issue in a confidential project and it would be useful to measure the extension of the leak before changing the password.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Save Prototype to desktop for review

Ok, I have a file that has been lost but I have published on Behance and I have a Published link. It would Great If I could (Save or Download) from Published.
    Or If a client wanted to send feedback but they also wanted to Save and Print a copy they could also Download the file from here too maybe as a PDF or a Folder of images

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  03 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Ability to adjust grid values

The gird layout seems to work automatically which isn't correct and not how web design works from a coding point of view.

I simply want to have 45px margins on the left and right with a 12 grid column. It's IMPOSSIBLE to do this. It keeps re-adjusting things.

Is this suppose to work like this?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  05 : Extensibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Drag on a curve

The may overlap other requests, apologies if it does. The ability to drag along a line is fantastic but if we could drag around a circle it would open up a whole lot more to your users.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. character styles name in CC Library is showing as the typeface name rather than what I named it

In CC Library, I should see the character styles I created named by the name I assigned, not the typeface. e.g. I should see "H1", "H2", "Body" instead of "Roboto", Roboto", Roboto"
    (Is this a feature request? it certainly seems like a bug...)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Interactive Elements in Overlayed Artboards

Having the ability to click an element within an overlayed artboard to cause other interactions on the original artboard.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Bypass cloud prototype link password when linking from the source file

Password protected prototype shares are great, but is it fair to assume that the owner of the source file can get straight in when they open it from the source file in XD - I think so, given that they can change the password. It's a little annoying having to input it every time. Likewise from notifications in the desktop app - but clearly that is a little different as you're not in the source file.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  03 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Choose frame rate for Record Preview

My recordings are very laggy from Record Preview. If I could choose 30fps instead of only having 60fps, that might fix the performance issue (bug filed).

But, all I need is a 30fps video, anyway. So, would prefer that just on it's own, even if performance was fine.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Apply symbol definition to all objects with the same name on creation

Make Symbols with the same layer name retroactive when you create a symbol later in your project.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. How about Creating various Social Media Static & Animated content?

It will be awesome if you can consider XD for creating Artwork for Instagram Stories, Posts, FB, etc

No tool is solving this beautifully, request you to consider this option.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. PDF export options: artboard title, 2-up view, prototype links

In the PDF export process, there should be some check boxes.

One should allow you to include the Artboard title.

One should allow you to arrange the Artboard's in 2, 4 and 6 up options on a page (I accomplish this by opening in Preview on the Mac and printing as PDF and using the Mac's layout feature), but it would be nice to have it built into XD.

One should allow for printing the Prototype links between Artboard elements, using some type of ability to tile the output to a multiple page pdf that can be printed and reassembled…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  04 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Adjust layout grids with the mouse

The way I would like to see it is like this:

1. First it should have 2 modes: auto and manual. Auto would generate all columns equal based on single column and gutter values. Manual would let you set your columns and gutters at whatever values one wishes.
    2. It needs to be draggable with the mouse and you should be able to see near the grid line the values of the column you are changing.
    3. After the grid is made mouse interactive, the way you would create one grid could be something like this: First you set the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Apply global color to selected element with keyboard shortcut

When I have an element selected, it would be great to apply one of my global colors to it with a keyboard shortcut. XD could give all my global colors a number from top to bottom and then I could reference it with ⌘⇧1 , ⌘⇧2 ... (just an example). In that case I can sort my global colors in the order I use them most and the shortcut automatically references the respective color. Optionally pressing ⌥ could change the border color.

This would save me a lot of mouse movement and time.

Thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Separate transform tool from selection tool

Frequently, when I'm just trying to drag and drop a small object, I end up accidentally resizing or transforming it. For example, notice in the attached file how small my target is if I just want to drag and drop. If SELECT were a different tool from RESIZE/TRANSFORM (like in Adobe Animate) this problem would be solved. The direct manipulation points are great when I need them, but get in the way when I don't.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. drag canvas

Balsamiq mockups uses the ctrl +scroll keyboard shortcut to zoom in and out. Then by simply adding Shift to that, I can click and drag my canvas around. So Ctrl+Shift+click does the same thing as Spacebar. Why is this useful? I don't need to move my hand from the Ctrl Key over to the spacebar to move around! Adobe XD feels clunkier because it's missing this AWESOME keyboard shortcut. If you don't believe me, try out Balsamiq mockups and tell me that isn't easier.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base