Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about
--------------------------------------------
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: On August 30, 2019 User Voice Bugs forum will transition to read-only.

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Presets for exporting items

Similar to how Sketch does it: when I mark something for export, give me a way to put the export settings at that level so it REMEMBERS and I don't have to pick which file type and compression percentage EVERY TIME.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  04 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. App switching animation

Sometimes I need to communicate that the user has switched between apps. It would be cool to have a special animation for transitioning between artboards that mimics the iOS/Android app switching experience.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Assets Switch

Hi ppl,

It would be great if we can switch assets color on Art-board by selecting 2 colors and giving option like "Switch colors" or "Switch color to". Check the attached image.

Cheers,
    Manohar

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. better control over which layers are being animated

Give me more control over what layers will be used for animations. Currently auto-animate decides which layers are used for animated transitions based on their name. However I often have similarly named layers within a group. Not having to go trough all groups and choose new names for my layers I would like to be able to "break" auto animate connections as well as make new ones between layers myself without having to manually rename these layers.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Automatically place mobile header when previewing mobile artboards

When viewing a mobile device prototype through a browser, it should already display information such as battery, time, Wi-Fi, or information on that particular mobile device model that the person has determined. This information is currently entered manually and ends up topping up a time of work that could be used for other things. I believe this would make it easier for the customer to see.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  03 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Option to stop showing the Instructions on the Prototyping Page when only using one artboard

Hi

It's really annoying having to press X on the instructions each time I want to use the prototyping tab. This happens if I only have one artboard and need to go into the prototyping tab to access the Fix Position tick box.

Please can we have an option to stop showing it?. (see attached)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Copy/export all colours from assets as Hex, RGBA, HSLA

It would be very useful to be able to grab all the colour values as text in one go.
    To copy and paste into our SCSS or CSS.

Could be a download or copy all.

The shared assets in the Share for Development web pages are great. When it comes to the Colors, currently we can grab the Hex, RGBA, HSLA colours one at a time. I frequently want to grab all the colours.

Code editors help designers see the colours, we don't need to do the colours one at a time to know which is which.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  09: Design Specs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Kill the obsolete title bar on the Windows app

Sure it looks like a small thing, but psychologically it feels like a huge step forward and lets Xd appear even more modern.
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/uwp/design/layout/page-layout

I attached a quick mockup on how a modern Windows app (Adobe Xd) could/should look like based on the Microsoft guidelines, without the obsolete title bar on top.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Artboard thumbnail in layers panel

hello, thank you very much I would like to thank you for this Idea

I think it is better to make slide like powerpoint so it will be easy to view it

I think when I try to view my page in xd I need to have zoom in or out to find my page but if it will be slide like powerpoint it will be easier to find my page

without zooming in out until I get my slide

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Sort artboards in interaction popup to last edited

I struggle always to find the target artboard I want to link it. Would make sense to show the last edited artboard first. Also, a better search and filter function would be great.
    . Makes more sense. Hard to find otherwise the artboard. Search Function also don't work very well. Thank you. you guys do awesome work.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Preload all artboards when reviewing a published prototype

When publishing a project with many artboards (300-500+), it often takes a lot of time to load the artboard when reviewing the link. If the artboards contain heavy visual design then the loading speed is slow event for projects with fewer artboards.

As a result there is a lot of disruption in the review meetings. And the management/client often does not have the time to sit through the delay caused by the artboard loading.

It would be great if we have a way to preload all the prototype artboards after accessing its published link in the background. This will enable…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  03 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Create an Alexa skill based on voice prototype

I have made a design in adobe xd for alexa, and I would like to be able to pass it to create a skill of alexa amazon, how can i do it? Do you have a tutorial that explains it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Override properties from assets from CC Libraries

I'm designing icons in Illustrator, add them to a CC Library and would like to use these icons in XD. What's missing is the ability to apply a color fill in XD.

My aim is to use icons from a CC Library and place them within an instance of a XD Component, e.g. a button which I have established in my Design System. That button Component should hold information like color fill and opacity, so that I only have to (re)place the icon shape (coming from CC Library), but the color attributes (defined in the XD Component) shall stay the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Latest version number

There is no official indication of the latest version number (cf. PS https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/photoshop/kb/uptodate.html). Please post this information.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Artboard interpolation tool

Picture the scenario. You have an art board, you copy the art board and completely alter the spacing. So now you have one art board that has a tight fitting UI, and one that has a spacious one (too spacious!)

You might play around with it for a while until you find a good point somewhere between the two art boards. But these minute changes can be difficult to keep track of.

My solution would be for art board interpolation. You select both art-boards and right click to interpolate them. This opens a screen with a simple slider that lets…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Audio cue when prototype finished updating

Play a little audio cue when the prototype has finsihed updating. Of course it would be nice if one were to disable that

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Clip artboard export at fold line

When exporting an artboard(s) to a image file(s) (PNG, JPG etc) it would be nice to have the option to clip the image at the vertical scroll indicator.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  04 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Mask button

It would be awesome to have available a quick access button that triggers the mask option. Currently, we (windows users) have to right click to access it. Even though there's also a shorcut to it, sometimes I can't remember the combination that triggers the option. I'm pretty sure our workflow would speed if we have it handy 🤩👌

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add Attachment To Comment Area

In the comment area, next to the "Mention A User" and "Place A Pin" function, could an "Attach File" option be added? This would be helpful when trying to convey complex concepts or referencing visual examples when words alone are not enough. The use of attachments would also accelerate the feedback process by increasing communication effectiveness, reducing avoidable errors and misunderstandings.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base