Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. Many designers are very used to the shortcut for selecting nothing (cmd+shift+a) especially when editing text instead of clicking away. Would be great if that worked in XD as well.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Exit preview = go to artboard exited from

When closing the preview window, it´s 99% of the times, because I found something that I want to change. When closing preview it would be great to be taken to the art board from where I closed the preview window.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Me again...

It would also be nice to specify whether an object's transition (animated transitions only) happens across the entire artboard or only within the objects own footprint. The effect would be similar to the Linear Wipe effect in After Effects.

e.g. I have a solid element on the right that should slide left, BUT the slide happens only within the space it occupies - effectively making it appear to disappear behind an invisible element at it's left hand edge.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. In Photoshop, you can use the dotted rectangular feature to select a part of an image and cut it out, copy it, etc. I'd like to do the same with XD.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Symbols should have the option of being applied to an artboard with their position matching a predetermined xy position, thus having the newly applied symbol appear in exactly the same place as it was when it was created.

Currently, the workaround requires copying / pasting from some kind of master artboard — which is tedious and unnecessary.

There should be some option to apply a symbol in a predetermined place, or position it manually if desired.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Adobe (or someone) has set the standards for scrolling art spaces for years, PS, AI, ID all do this:
    • Scroll = up and down
    • Ctrl + Scroll = Left and right
    • Alt + Scroll = zoom in and out
    • Adding Shift to any of the above options modifies the action to larger increments of scroll/zoom

Currently in XD (Windows 10)
    • Scroll = up and down (meets standard)
    • Ctrl + Scroll = zoom in and out (out of standard)
    • Alt + Scroll = zoom in and out (meets standard)
    • Shift + Scroll =…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. It would be great to know the total number of artworks in our project.
    Exemple in picture attached

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Picture the following scenario: You have a very large object and a very small one. You want to resize the large object with some relation to the smaller object, which requires you to zoom in. However now that you have zoomed in, the handles for your larger object are off-screen.

It would be nice if you could either, resize an object using the entire edge as a handle, or just make the handles move along the edge so that they are always on screen, even when zooming in.

to illustrate my problem I have attached a screenshot with an indication…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I'd like to have the ability create/download/share interactive widgets that work on logical cases and states. The cases would also allow a wide array of interactions styles (on click, on mouse drop, on drag, on release etc.). The states would allow widgets to respond to cases (for example a set of controls can be active or inactive depending on the state of a particular widget). Without the ability to create logical cases it seems like XD is very limited.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Similar to Microsoft visio this feature will give users the Ability to make interaction points explaining functionality in the prototype. The user will be able to draw an arrow pointing at the element linking to the dialog box. A dialog box will give user info on functionality or explain Interaction point.
    This feature will show in prototype mode and give the option to enable in share prototype mode.

As a user, I can draw an interaction box.
    As a user, I can link interaction box to shape/element/ect.
    As a user, I can choose to enable this when I share a…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. When using Intersection in 0.6.20.7 Beta, the resulting object is misaligned from the two shapes position. See GIF below:

http://recordit.co/1zqoS6aS8J

Thanks.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

Thank you for getting in touch. This is currently the expected behavior, though we are hoping to improve it in the future. When you create a boolean group including an image, the image then becomes a fill for the resulting path. The image will be scaled to cover the path, similar to the css background-property value “cover”.

If you want the image to stay in place, I would suggest using a Mask instead, which will keep the relative size / position of the image intact.

You might be interested in checking out two topics over in the feature request forum:

More flexibility when using images as a fill:
    https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/17197367-drag-image-into-bounding-box

Automatically resizing an image to fit a mask group:
    https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/13125480-fit-content-proportionally

I hope that answers your questions,
    -Bear

14. I am always annoyingly clicking on the lock and show/hide buttons when working with the layers palette! I only work on my laptop, so real estate matters. I keep the layers palette narrow (the default setting), so when looking in a 4-deep nested group in a symbol, I hardly see the text description. And since those buttons don't appear until you hover over an object, I'm always accidentally locking my objects without actually selecting them as I intended.

Please consider moving them or floating them off the panel, perhaps only in a narrow view. Or letting me lock/hide them by…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. When option dragging an existing artboard, the new artboard is placed above the existing one in the artboards panel. I think this is not logical. It should be places under the existing artboard. In most cases, duplicating an artboard is done to continue in the flow of thought, which should be left to right or top to bottom.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Please remove design feature from the prototype mode. No delete, paste etc when prototype mode. Switching is easy for those needing to tweak a design along the way.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. ピン留めしたコメントをクリックすると、ピン留めした位置に移動してほしい

ピン留めしたコメントがどこに該当するかすぐ確認できるように、コメントのピンナンバーあたりのクリックでピンされている位置にスクロールしてほしい。
    その他、ピンのカラーバリエーションもあったら良さそう。

Translation:
    Please scroll to the pinned position by clicking on the pin number of the comment so that you can confirm immediately where the pinned comment corresponds.
    Otherwise, it seems to be okay if there is color variation of the pin.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can already see the comment highlighted when you hover over the pin, but I am leaving this one open to cover the situation where you’d like to click on the comment and have the pin highlighted.

ピンの上にカーソルを置いたときにコメントがハイライト表示されていることはすでに確認できますが、コメントをクリックしてピンをハイライト表示する状況をカバーするためにこのピンを開いたままにしておきます。

このメッセージは機械翻訳されています。

-Elaine

18. The Surface Book has an additional GPU in the keyboard to accelerate apps like the ones part of Adobe Creative Cloud.

This helps a lot when doing rendering work that the tablet's Intel default GPU handles but not gracefully.

Would be great if XD could handle that same way as Photoshop etc.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Since you can only activate 2 devices per Adobe ID, I have two of them: One for private use at home and one from where I work.

I however only have one cellphone and I do not plan on carrying two about all the time.

This leaves me with following problem: I would have to sign out and in all the time to view my different projects.

Since this is more of a hassle than just connecting my phone to my PC using a cable I basically never use the whole wireless thingy when I am at work, which is…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. All adobe products have at least basic hooks to get current file name or window properties. Personally I use these kind of applescript requests to keep track of what files are open and being worked on.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)