Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about
--------------------------------------------
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: On August 30, 2019 User Voice Bugs forum will transition to read-only.

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Increment guide

After the user drops a Guide on the artboard they can 'click' the Guide Selector UI which will auto-place another guide using the same pixel measurements as the previous dropped guide.

e.g. User drops a guide at 50 pixels from the Top they then click on the Guide Selector UI element, not drag, and another guide will be automatically placed at 100 pixels from the top (+50 pixels from the previous guide).

Clicking twice on the Guide Selector UI twice in a row would auto-place 2 more guides; first at 100px and second at 150px; thereby creating a 3 guide…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Stop point for drag trigger

Quite simply the option to designate a stop point for a drag trigger.

ie. Drag up from a bottom menu to a 2/3 point, where it stops. Drag up a second/third etc time to bring up a sheets style menu to whatever point you would like.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Track time worked on design

I would like to know how much time I've spent on a project, sometimes I can sit 10 hours in a row. I would love to see somewhere in the project info one number that would tell me how much hours and minutes I have spent working on a design. Same feature exists in Word, so why not add it here? Thank you!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Repeat grid - Overflow option/skips last item/Max number of items

Repeat grid - Overflow option/skips last item/Max number of items.

When working on complex responsive layouts, certain repeat grids will cut off the final image on certain resolutions, avoid this with smart overflow. Simple overflow checkbox would be welcome as well, just like a max number of items.

This would make a significant difference concerning presenation to stakeholders and maintaining an atomic solution.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Hosted version of XD

My team has computers not very powerfull and we suppose to have a common server to overcome this issue.
    Could be possible to have a common server where we all can access?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Use Shift/Alt keys to speed up/slow down draggable values (scrubby bars)

As of right now - In the property panel, text boxes with numerical values can be clicked and dragged up and down with the mouse to quickly change the value without typing.

Just like Photoshop - If I could hold down SHIFT to increase the speed of the value changing, or ALT to slow it down (for better precision) this would benefit the feature.
    For an object's rotation value, SHIFT could snap to certain angle increments. It's extremely common to rotate something by 45° or 90°.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Link together artboards by marquee selecting

Drawing a box around multiple art boards should allow the user to quickly link and un-link the screens together.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Higher Prototype Recording Resolution Oprions

In Prototype Playback mode: when recording a prototype for export to movie file, sometimes we need to export these for HD presentations. Please offer the option to export or record the video at 2x, 3x, 4x or more times resolution. This is especially important with iPhone and iWatch recordings. With all the new tweeting animation features exporting for video to be edited into presentations is getting to be much more important!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. XD Accessibility: Increase font size and selection contrast

UI font size control and color

ui font size control

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Design specs for single artboards

Whenever I make a change to my document of a multitude of artboards the system "renders trough" the whole document with all artboards altough I have only made changes to a couple of them. Would be nice if we could update them selectively, that way the process of updating the design specs would be shorter. Right now the process gets longer and longer as the document grows.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  09: Design Specs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Export hidden icons to developer prototype

I have noticed that assets that I have selected to be uploaded to my developer prototype only seems to include assets that are visible on the art board. It would be good if the developers had access to all the assets I have selected for upload in the asset panel regardless to whether they are visible on the art board or not.

I turn visibility off for some of my icons as they change in different states and it is easier to keep them layered but the ones I'm not currently using tuned off (flash on/off/auto for example)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  04 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Keep text editable when converted to a component

XD v 19.1.22.6.

I converted a button into component. Duplicated the component, and went to edit the text on the next button, and it was no longer editable. The text became a shape when converted to a component.

Not sure if this is a bug or a feature, but seems important.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Ability to select individual file type/size on export

I have been discussing with colleagues, the ability to save multiple types of file type when ready to export forcdev. In reality, some assets would be SVG, so PNG and some maybe JPG. Currently, if you batch export, you have to save them all as one type of file.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  04 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Shortcuts don't work in other languages

I'm using the English version of Adobe UX and a Farsi keyboard. But I can't use shortcuts when I'm using Farsi. I have to change the keyboard language in order to use shortcuts.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Improve reordering assets in grid mode

Most often, I reorder assets with the asset list only one column wide because reordering with it pulled out to multi-column is very confusing. The order of the assets run across each row and then down to the next column, which is fine, however, the drop placement is indicated as being a horizontal blue line ABOVE an asset, rather than between the LEFT/RIGHT sides of two assets. Since, for example, Assets 4 and 5 in the list would be next to each other rather than one on top of the other, it would make more sense for the blue bar…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Overlay artboard background should be visible

Currently when I change my artboard fill to black, and decrease transparency by a percentage, to simulate the 'lightbox' effect for my design, then go into Prototype mode and select 'Overlay' as my action - the fill on my artboard gets deselected. At first i thought this was a bug, but after reviewing the bugs list, it appears this is by design.

I would like to suggest a couple improvements:

1. Instead of 'auto-deselecting' the fill, set it to 0% transparency instead -> This will make interacting faster for those who want to go back in and change the fill…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Save custom transition settings

When you have multiple transitions with specific values, say for example a swipe animation it becomes extremely daunting trying to remember all the various transition settings if you cannot label them and save them for future use. And it's a tedious process to set these individually since you can't copy a preset either. If you use an auto-animate in one artboard the program defaults to that over the slide transition.

You should probably also see which transition you have in the project. When you highlight two artboards and see the flowchart. And Copying transitions would be great fun!

We use…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! I’m going to leave this open to save custom transition settings, but I also want to mention that UserVoice works best when you only file one idea per ticket. Please feel free to file new tickets for your secondary ideas. Thanks!

18. Voice Prototyping: Choosing the Speech Playback option automatically brings the Time Trigger

Whenever I want to do voice prototyping and have the prototype play a speech back to me, I always forget that I also need to select the time trigger option.

I honestly do not understand why I need to remember to select two options just have speech playback?

Why can't I just select speech playback option and it automatically selects the time trigger option for me?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Imbed Code Block

Please allow the embedding of a code block within your design. That way you can integrate existing assets or 3erd party designs. This is particularly helpful for iframes to interactive experiences or components of animation.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Import HEIC/HEIF Files

Apple introduced HEIC/HEIF Files about a year ago for the iPhone and I can't still drag and drop them into the Adobe XD application on my Mac with Mojave.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base