Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. Fixed elements, such as headings, bottom navigations, floating action buttons, etc, should be spaced from the artboard edge depending on their responsive-resize anchors.

Eg. a header will always be anchored to the top, so that when I resize the artboard, it will stay at the top. Therefore it's position in the prototype will be measured from the top of the screen / artboard.

So, what I am trying to say is kinda hard to explain without an example, so I made a video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjslfRSa1QY

My attempt at a textual explanation below:

A floating action button, however, will be anchored to…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Not sure if this is something XD would do or Protopie.

Currently when exporting to Protopie there are no options aside from which artboards to send. When the elements come over they are all flattened to bitmap images. Protopie seems to have almost the exact same element types as XD but they currently do not link to one another and there is no option to select bitmap or text/editable vector. This is great for text since it means users won't need to have the fonts installed to view the prototype correctly on mobile. But it is a serious issue when…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 从AI 画的效果不能完全到复制XD上 类似网格渐变

Admin note: this request is about simply importing the correct appearance from AI. If you want to create or edit this kind of gradient in XD, please upvote https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/36364030-create-edit-freeform-gradients.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. When closing a file, can we please have the option for hotkeys as in D for Don't Save, and S for Save, like InDesign, etc; eliminating the need to actually click on the button

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  5. Need better distinction between layers and groups in the layers panel. Possible solution: color blocks, a darker grey block of color behind groups or the ability to color code layers/groups like in Photoshop.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. A symbol is highlighted with a green frame when hovering over it and with the same green frame when it is selected. I would like a distinguishable visual indicator for when a symbol is actually selected.

Maybe just finally introduce resizing symbols, then you can display handles around the selection frame, just like any other object! ;)
    -> https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/16939339-scale-resize-symbols-individually

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Will be very helpful to be able to place precisely the overlays with measurement informations, like in the design mode.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. It would be nice to have a measurement tool in the toolbox area that allows the designer to create redline layers. Fireworks used to have a ruler tool that would allow something like this. Once a design is approved, it can be quickly marked up with padding and margin spacing info in the same document without having to go to a third party tool.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. import transformed texts from PSD with transformation, maybe make them svg

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. when I open my psd files in XD the line height/soft returns/space before and after paragraphs gets messed up-- can't use XD until this is fixed

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. A big contributor to the issue of people losing their work (re: Auto Save (in case of system crash)) is that the UI does little to remind users to save their work.

Yes, the page title says "<<your project name>> - edited", but the hundreds of people reporting this issue make it obvious that people don't notice this.

It sounds like auto-save is in progress, but that it will take some time. In the meantime, how about implementing some much better "HEY! You need to save your work!!!" signifiers?

thanks!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Upon opening an XD file, it fits all artboards on the screen. It'd be really nice if it restored the last position that was used in that file. If I'm working at a certain zoom level in a specific spot - especially when there are a lot of artboards, it would be a time-saver to not have to find the right one and zoom in accordingly.

Basically just copy how Sketch does it. ;-)

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  13. I would like to be able to ink (freehand draw using my wacom/other pen) my concepts and annotations.

I know that there are some good work arounds like https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/20399002-workaround-for-annotations-in-design-and-preview-m but inking with arrows would be faster and more useful for me.

I also know that some touch / pen features were implemented in https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/17431225-pen-and-touch-support-in-windows-10 but this is a specific extra tool using pen.

The tool could be used to draw directly on the artboard, or on a toggle-able annotation layer per artboard.
    The inking could extend outside the artboard as necessary but would be associated with the artboard as part…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Feature request - ability to import canvases, SVG animations, PNG sequences, and basic interactivity from PaintCode App (by PixelCut.com). Visual animation enabling PNG sequences would be valuable for iOS prototyping Xcode / Swift.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. If I use a symbol font like Font Awesome and paste that into a text box with another font for my regular paragraph copy, my developers can't isolate and get the CSS, Fonts, Colors, etc. from the inline symbols or separate fonts. Would be nice to have a way to select a text container and toggle through the different fonts represented. Or click again to select a specific symbol or element in the text area and target that for getting specs on.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Color /style brush tool - i imagine that you could sample color (or apearance / font size / specified property) by clicking on object with alt pressed, and then clicking on other objects to apply that style / color etc?

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Have you tried using the “paste appearance” command? You can copy an object, select another object, and then right click and “Paste Appearance” to apply all applicable styles.

I’m leaving this suggestion open.

17. I am happy the gradient fill is finally possible. What would be great is the ability to add a single gradient to multiple elements, like in the attached image.

Thanks!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please note that you can already do this if you create a Boolean group using your objects and the “Add” or “Union” command. Once it’s a Boolean group, your objects will react to a single gradient fill.

18. When you have an existing shared project and you go to "Share Again", because you need to update the link, the new link is directly under the "Share Again" button, so I have accidentally clicked "New Link" when I only wanted to do an update.

This mistake means I have to contact the entire Executive and Sales levels associated with the source project, to let them know about the new link they now have to distribute to all of the Clients / Prospects / Partners. This also means update PowerPoints that have the link embedded with them, etc... It's a…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Currently, shared prototypes on the web show navigation controls at the bottom sometimes, but not always. Specifically, nav controls are only visible if (a) the commenting sidebar is open, or (b) all the time, if the prototype has no clickable hotspots (interaction wires).

As the author of the prototype, I'd like to be able to make the nav controls visible all the time -- even if I do have interactions defined.

There may also be use cases where you want the arrows hidden even when a user is leaving comments.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I always have to put a rectangle of color in a group to defines its color, but the group itself is the right size. Why can't I just give it a color?

This is partially related to this idea:
    https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/15957478-relative-positioning-within-a-group

If I could give it a color and relative positioning, you would match the Figma constraints feature.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)