Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. When auto-animating to another artboard, currently the order of layers in the layer panel is as it appears in the source artboard, and doesn't update to the order in the destination artboard until the animation is complete. This results in layers being covered by other layers, making it difficult to simulate an element scaling and rising above other elements on the z axis (see attachment).

It would be preferable if the order of layers in the layers panel was first updated to the order in the destination artboard, then the animation begins.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Smart symbols or symbols with states are discussed elsewhere. But, a super-easy way to implement this would be to simply make "show/hide" layer a symbol property that can be overridden. For example, a button's off state and its hover state could be stacked and either could be hidden in any placed instance.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. We are interested in using the Adobe XD for Jira add-in. However when installed it is present on every Jira project. Jira is widely used inside our company for many software development and reliability projects.

We would like to use the add-in only on GUI development projects were we are also using Adobe XD, would it be possible for you to update the add-in to enable this?

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Ask the user if s/he wants to clone comments on the old prototype link before publishing a new one.

However, it would be great if the designer can add/review comments from XD desktop application while designing instead of opening the URL each time s/he wants to write/read a comment.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Replacing Elements. It would be ideal if you could click on any element, graphic or text and right click to get the option replace that element with another graphic etc, rather than only having the option to delete it and then cut and paste and resize and reposition a new graphic element. It would also be nice if we could add sound and video as well.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. When exporting to After effects the xd pages are split into layers in After Effects but the grouping seems to be lossed. This has meant that it is difficult to find the correct layers and groups. It would be ideal if groups in XD were changed into compositions in after effects with the layers for each group held within.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Instead of knowing or learning the exact color code, HEX/RGB, it would be really great to actually work with the HUE, saturation and/or black level.
    Within the design system that I've created, the primary color is 204 on the HUE level and every other blue color will have that starting point.
    In Adobe XD, I cannot change the HUE level based on an actual number, but by guessing, which is frustrating and a wrong way of working — I'm currently working with PS opened, just so I be able to work with a proper color picker.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. When outlined XD makes text single color disregarding other colors applied within one piece of text - it should preserve all the colors used.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I suggest adding an interactive tool in the prototype area so that you could click a box and set it to ‘tap’ and ‘textbox’ so when your using whatever it is you’ve made you can click the box and type something in. It could be anything though and not just a command word that you have decided on. You could add the same function for voice activated objects. This would then create new input and perhaps change graphs or numbers you have put in. It could be like Instagram where you have the option to access photos from your personal…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I have had a need to present a design and be in control. Our client can't use software for screen sharing and being able to show them a prototype and direct the exploration would be extremely beneficial. I remember seeing a feature like this somewhere but I am not remembering where.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. My recordings are very laggy from Record Preview. If I could choose 30fps instead of only having 60fps, that might fix the performance issue (bug filed).

But, all I need is a 30fps video, anyway. So, would prefer that just on it's own, even if performance was fine.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. The artboards order should be determined by the order of artboards In the XD app, complex setups and groupings do not work well with the automatic
    left to right , top to bottom approach. It works well for simple setups

Not ones that include 30+ pages, this approach causes more problems then the time it attempts to save

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Issue: Unable to scroll / pan & zoom out without keyboard in the design mode

As demonstrated in the screengrab, I wasn't able to pan in the design mode without using keyboard. At ~00:20 I also tried the usual panning technique as in other Adobe applications (PS, ID, Ai, etc), that is to click and drag the mouse from any point on canvas to outside the currently visible area of the canvas, but I wasn't able to.

I was able to scroll vertically using mouse wheel but to do horizontal scrolling Adobe XD forces us to use a keyboard. There…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. When you do some complex transitions in prototype mode, you may have an element that is outside a mask and becomes visible in the second screen once within the mask shape.

Currently it's not possible to create a mask if some elements are outside the shape used as a mask. You need to overlap your mask elements with that shape, create a mask and then move the elements outside that shape. Could you please fix this issue?

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. we are working on 1200px width: 12 columns, 30px margin and 72.5 column width but cant work with xd cause of decimal value problem. It is not prossible to enter 72.5 at column width.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

While I understand the need for precision, creating grids that snap off-pixel actually makes designing for screens less accurate, as it often forces elements to anti-alias, leading to less crisp artwork when you output. Are you absolutely sure you need columns that are off-pixel? If so, can you explain why?

16. The ability to preview the current Artboard in the browser to see how the webdesign looks in the right context. Thanks :)

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Auto-update plugins

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Not sure if I can explain this fully, but here goes. Number adjustments that are not in whole digit pixels, 205.4. When I click down or up should go to 205 or 206 respectively. Not 204.4 206.4. Maybe not necessarily a by default option, but something we can turn on. Occasionally when resizing a group of object, pixel perfect isn't well perfect. In this instance, it would be nice to fix with a quick up or down.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. To remove a swatch from the color picker you drag it off the popup.
    https://twitter.com/elainecchao/status/1063510766135853057

Well this is a bit obtuse and I only recently learned of it.

Perhaps a tooltip or a right click context menu so this feature is a bit more accessible.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Selection of 'Previous Artboard' option should've been under the destination section and not in the action section of the prototype menu.

Logically Previous Artboard is a destination and not an action.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)