Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. I always use the same basic guides in my designs (for distance from the edge of the screen) and i have to maually add those to all screens.
    While they can be copy-pasted with the entire screen, i dont always wanna copy a screen i already designed - for multiple reasons.
    The ability to create fixed guides for a document that can be manually added to would be much apprechiated

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. We only open link in new tab.
    I made the artboard with several hyperlink objects,
    but it is inconvenient to use because the link opens in a new tab every time.

I would like to add an option to set the link to open on the current page.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. As we know web design aesthetics evolve day by day. And for this purpose Adobe XD is still following conventional ways of designing. I wanna highlight very basic and important feature that must be include in Adobe XD. I am sharing an example that will help your engineer to demonstrate this feature in well mannered way.

Example:
    https://privateisland.tv/studio

As you can see user can easily scroll horizontally. This feature is slightly different from existing horizontal scroll group because we can only click and drag with that feature.

I hope you will get my point. I can assist to you more…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. If you have two things on a page that both have gradients in the background (see attached screenshot), the gradient for the first thing will be used on both. I did some testing and it looks like the ID on <linearGradient> and the fill="url(#linear-gradient)" on <rect> is the problem. If you change the "linear-gradient" on the second svg to "linear-gradient2", it fixes the problem.

Can you change the "Copy SVG Code" functionality to make that "linear-gradient" value unique, like you did with stuff like "Group16" and "Rectangle5"?

Example code:

<svg xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg" xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink" width="200" height="200" viewBox="0 0 200 200">…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. The prototype movies force a rounded corner at the bottom making the video unusable. This should be exactly as the prototype with square corners on all sides.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I have built a component library for my teammates to use in their projects. Most components have multiple states for hover, action, etc. What I would like to add is another state that displays the components in a lo-fi style to make prototyping faster. I would like to have the lo-fi as the default state for all of the components since that would be more commonly used by the team, and then as the details are worked out they can switch the state to the actual components to put details in.

There's no way to create a state and then…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. How about a free developer app? The current web developer handoff is already outdated. Due to Windows support, feature development is nonesistant. There have been few big feature updates since 2017. For designers it's fast and great. For everyone who works for designers, not so much.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback. We’re constantly working on the web developer handoff surface, and it’s had some significant updates in the past couple of years. What do you specifically think you’re missing?

By the way, we do have a large number of Windows users, so we do not intend to stop development on that platform.

8. A plugin for animations.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Admin →
  9. Huge pain in the but selected all artboards and making sure everything is marked for export. The use case of components not being marked for export is little to none. Pls default

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I use AdobeXD to design my (one page) CV. Everytime I update something, I need to create a new PDF, since you can't use SVG or PNG when applying somewhere (they most likely print it out for the personal interview).

So this limits me to 2 changes in the free version which I do not see as fair. Please make it unlimited again, thanks.

PS: With a bit of a workaround it is possible to convert SVG to PNG anyway, it is just totally unnecessary IMHO.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  11. After I place a pin for feedback, when I view it, the pin moves with the scroll, it doesn't stick to the area to which it is supposed to.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve found at least one reproducible issue, and a workaround for you all. The hit area is linked to the group, which now is the rectangular area that encompasses all of the objects included in the group. If this is pinned to the top of the Z-order, the group will capture all pins, which is what happened to at least one person. I’ve attached an image to help you understand where this might be problematic. I’ll change this ticket to reflect that pinning in an “invisible” area should pin to the background.

12. At the moment, artboards can only be set to have vertical scrolling or no scrolling at all - it would be great to have the option to have horizontal scrolling for the entire artboard, as to better facilitate designs for side-scrolling websites.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’ll leave this one open, but you can already do side scroll via a group in an artboard. You can set a scroll area on a wide group, and set the scroll mask to the width of your artboard.

13. Blind and severely visually impaired people are largely dependent on the use of screen readers to receive digital content.

For user testing, the integration of so-called alternative texts plays an important role.
    Adobe XD offers voice playback as an interaction element, but the input of an alternative text, which is analyzed by the screen reader, is not possible from the current point of view.
    I would like to draw attention to this problem, because
    A) due to the legal situation in Europe, private companies are obliged to design their applications accessible until 2025. Here, feedback from the target group, including…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Please remove, or add option to remove, the animation from Hover state back to default when a Tap trigger is attached to a component that is in Hover state.

This animation is unnecessary when navigating to another artboard and can cause all manner of irritation if the artboard to which one is navigating shows the component intentionally in hover state.

Example:
    - An image control has a hover state
    - When in that hover state, the user can click to cause an action.
    - The action is simulated by a navigation to another artboard
    - In the destination artboard, we…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Hi,
    thanks for constantly improving xd, we love it!
    Here's another feature request: It would be great to have the ability to zoom xd's user interface. i reccently switched to a 4K Monitor and its really hard to read the texts and recognize elements on the left and right-sided UI-panels.

Thanks and keep up your great work!
    Best
    /jochen

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  16. We work in a micro-service architecture where all apps don't use the current version of the design system. It would be great to select the version of the system that reflects the app/environment we're designing for.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Asset panel had been always just one click (or shortcut) away. With XD 34, after a click, you need to see what's there, then navigate through the panel if document assets are not there. So there could be more cognitive load and extra steps for users.

Plus, it was possible to open both cc library (global assets) and asset panel (local assets) at the same time. Now you are forced to switch between local and remote assets when your task need both (or, graphics and components). Working with other design tools gets a little more fiddly because of this.

Finally,…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Many times when you share a design with a client on the web, they won't realize that the default XD zoom is less than 100%. In my case, it defaults to 79% which has caused countless problems where the client says, "The font is too small" when in fact, if they were viewing it at the actual size, they would not experience the issue.

XD, by default, should display the shared document at 100% and THEN allow users to zoom out or in based on their particular monitor or preference.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Colors. Why can't I add them straight up? I know all the colours i need to use? Why can't i just create them? Why do i need put something on an art board first? I am doing something wrong?

The asset management is strange. Figma does it better. Copy them.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Freely move all selected elements + artboards within a work area inside the XD file work space.
    Maybe group them as "Scenes" of artboards with other elements like descriptions, step sequence, title ++ that is not part of any artboards. This way you can explain the prototype within the XD file while also making it clickable as a prototype through all the artboards that is part of this "Scene" and may transition into other "Scenes" within the same XD-file.

Attached screenshot is one working area containing several artboards within the same XD file. In the XD file there is also…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)