Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. For many of my clients with web based projects we'll use several control suites such as Telerik Kendo UI, DevExpress DevExtreme, jQuery UI, Bootstrap, or Infragistic controls. It would be stellar if we could import the control packages based on the provided JS and CSS in order to make use of those controls out of the box. An example of why this would be great is many of the controls in these suites might not be possible at all with XD... a progress bar, timer, data grid... but they're needed at times to display crucial UI elements.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. I would love to see type scales (type-scale.com) built in to the forthcoming(?) Style Guide. A quick way to set a base size, and establish your heading sizes/line heights.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. To create this a demonstration of this needed function, do the following:

Group select a text field with some text in and a text area with some text in, now scale them together. The text field scales as expected but the text area doesn't.

When creating responsive layouts we need to scale elements collectively, this breaks that workflow. Can you please make them both scale together to ease the workflow overhead.

Thanks

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Drag any object from the canvas to create a thumbnail image for web preview. See GIF

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Ability to change the default spacing when pasting a copied artboard, or when clicking with the Artboard tool to add new artboards.

Original request:
    (please vote for https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/13623243-resize-spacing-between-objects if you're interested in this Repeat-Grid-like dragging idea)
    Apply REPEAT GRID padding adjustment feature to change the padding around a selected group of Art Boards -- Just like REPEAT GRID pink padding adjusters, it would be great to change the spacing of a group of art boards the user has selected, and/or the ability to change the default spacing when pasting a copied art board

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Need a VPAT discussing accessibility limits/features. Trying to create an elearning app and for anyone to adopt it we'll need accessibility features.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. While designing I have a lot of stuff I look at in my finder as inspiration. How about getting a feature by which I can just tap a button to view a window which presents me with all the different things I collected together for inspiration.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Nice to see where your screen ends in the exported images as well as just within the application? This may work especially well in mobile/responsive designs.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  9. Would it be possible to create 'swimming lanes' in order to visualize on which level a certain part of the flow/design operates? I've added a simple visualisation of it, just to illustrate the idea.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Ability to ignore locked objects when exporting assets. This way we could use locked objects as grids and not having those show up in the exported PNGs.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. When updating few artboards that have same element positioning it would be could to be able to align elements using smart guides with elements that are on other artboard than the one working on.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. If an object's opacity is set to zero and you then 'alt-drag' it, there's no preview of the new object's edges, so you can't see what you're alt-dragging. Illustrator solved this by using the object's 'Outline mode' preview when alt-dragging.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resize/move feedback for invisible shapes definitely could be improved, and we are tracking that issue. As a workaround, you can toggle the fill or stroke on for a moment, adjust the shape, and then toggle it back off.

If you’re using an invisible rectangle to define a hit area for Prototyping mode, you may also be interested in upvoting https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/12931899-actual-hotspots, which would let you more easily define interaction hotspots that don’t match up exactly with the size & shape of any of your visible artwork.

13. When the user clicks out of the XD application, the previous window disappears. This becomes an issue when sharing a presentation file, each time you click outside (for example, when you have 2 screens with notes on feedback on the other screen). Is there any reason to ever hide that window? It should just stay up whether XD has focus or not.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Please allow the software to update font files without having to quit the application and relaunch it. Thank you !

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Option for choosing different design visualization: artboards (as it is now) and scrolling pages like InDesign.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Measurements in the PI for multi-selected objects (show width/height of overall selection)

When selecting multiple objects, XD doesn't show width/height of combined elements! It only shows it when objects are grouped. This is valuable because I can see the quick measurements of, for example; grouped images that spread for 12 columns. That way I can eliminate possible measurements errors.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. When prototyping it is sometimes difficult to use the pick-whip to select the target screen if it is far away. The alternative is to choose the screen from the drop down menu, which I think works fine other than the fact that it requires you to be able to identify the screen is from the artboard name only. It would be helpful to see a preview of the artboard along with the name.

Additionally, it would be great if there was some visual cue as to what elements already have hotspots assigned to them. Right now it seems like you…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Hi!

I know I can directly select a non-group object no matter how deeply grouped it is by Command-clicking it. But if I want to select a group that's grouped multiple levels deep, I'm forced to double-click my way down until I reach it.

Double-clicking multiple times in a row has annoying feel of excess effort and sluggishness, probably because the minimum elapsed time the OS needs between double-clicks in order to recognize them as separate events is way too long.

In other products I use (OmniGraffle, Axure), single-clicking an object or a group that's one level down within an…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Dropping images from Finder is cool, but it might not be tricky (especially if you've got single screen) to have Finder window and some element you want to have image applied visible at once.

Would be cool to have some kind of files browser inside XD

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  20. It would be much easier for copy editors and clients to comment/mark up creative if XD had more tools like Acrobat. Does Adobe plan to expand commenting features to include tools like highlight, pen tool, and arrow tool? If so when can we expect the upgrade?

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)