Johan Ronsse shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

45 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • LW commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PLEASE add the option to make custom hotspots. I made wireframes on Sketch and wanted to use Adobe XD's prototype function to link screens. Making the invisible rectangles is not ideal.

• BP commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with the inability to draw a hotspot is not ideal, but a workaround is to create a transparent rectangle around the tap-target (if text or icon) and make it a component. That way you can attach the interaction to the whole component.

• PJ Stephen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

YES. Working on a prototype for a brand that uses tiny, elegant type, and it's killing the usability of the prototype. PLEASE let us pad the hot spots. I even tried adding a 30 pixel stroke around the type, and setting the stroke to 100% transparent, but it did not expand the hit area.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this. It is helpful for those who may be transitioning (or evaluating) from the Sketch to Invision flow. I for example imported my massive Sketch files over. I have a horizontal menu in a bunch of pages that, out of convenience, shares the same text box (with just equal spaces between menu options). In Invision I would have been able to just make my own hot spots for these, but now I have to recreate the menu across a bunch of pages. Obviously I will not create such menus going forward if I knowingly plan to use XD for prototyping, but it did catch me off guard, and I can see many cases where custom hot spots would be quite desirable anyhow.

Please add this feature it would help to get from png page icons and any step back or forward will be helpful

Please ad this feature, it would greatly benefit the creativity of XD if you could make the interactive area in any shape and not limited to a rectangle. Would be great to have the option to choose between a rectangle interactive area or just the fill/outline of your custom shape. This could for example allow you to create a clickable world map, where you can click on each different country or state. The limitation of the rectangular interactive area make this option completely impossible.

Would be great with a custom hotspot shape. Any closed vector shape should be a potential hotspot.

• Cameron Sagey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Another thought: Have a shortcut to start a link, like W, and then once the link is started you can hit the number keys to add 10px multiples of padding. (1 = 10px, 2 = 20px, etc.)

Example Workflow:
    1. Click Element 2. Hit "W" 3. Hit "2" 4. Click Destination

That would give you a link with 20px padding, and it would faster than dragging out a wire (current system)

• Billy Mitchell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The prototype target tooltip window has a very small hover area. If you don't move the mouse precisely from the trigger to the target window, it auto closes. Very frustrating causing you to have to re-click many times and very precisely move the mouse to use prototyping features.

• Nir commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

anyone knows of a way to create a prototype with a fast way to create all options on the menu?

• Nir commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is it possible to make a hot spot in the prototype so it will repeat itself in all screen?
    like you have in Invision app for example

• Cody King commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When in prototype mode, give me the ability to draw a hotspot so that I can connect text or other shapes to the size i want, rather than the entire object. 
It is particularly painful with text: 
1 text input area is clickable but there maybe a need to create multiple clickable areas within that text, and it is not a fun experience to manage this text within a bunch of individual text areas. Also, the hit states for text kinda sucks, so i need to be able to define a wider area.

I forgot to add the little draggy dots on the hotspot on the "HotspotPadding--Drag" version. Just pretend they're there.

Add a "padding" field to the popup in Prototype mode. This would extend the hotspot beyond the bounding box of the element. You could even make the hotspot resizable like a normal shape would be, via dragging the hotspot's bounding box. Doing so would calculate padding values in the popup. So it could be as funky as top: 27, right: 20, bottom: 0, left: 19.

Padding is useful in case the designer changes the element after creating the hotspot - it should still match the outer dimensions of the element, plus whatever padding you've specified. This avoids having to create a 2nd element in the design view (Craft style), and avoids having to manually create hotspots and update them every time the design changes (InVision style).

• Arvid commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

well, I dont know about you, but I just create a rectangle with no stroke and no fill. That does the job for me.

• Cody King commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Have the ability to create a hot spot that I can see in design and prototype mode but is invisible to the user.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base