Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about
--------------------------------------------
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: On August 30, 2019 User Voice Bugs forum will transition to read-only.

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Update interaction wires across symbols / components (keep in sync)

Adding a wire to an object inside a symbol or changing a wire inside a symbol should create/change the same wire/link across other instances of that symbol in the same way styles/text etc changes other instances.

This would allow navigation to be edited throughout a project.

I love the convenience of symbols, and I love that we can now add links to objects within a symbol, but not being able to propagate that interaction to other symbols is a problem for me.

412 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

feature-under-review  ·  124 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. View and share design prototypes at actual size

The full-screen feature is nice but I need to be able to show clients what my designs will look like at actual size on the web. The prototypes need to be displayed at the size they are designed at. This is the one feature that would justify me switching from using InVision for my prototyping.

392 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  98 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Customer Journey map

Since it's an UX design app, why not add a customer journey map tab? UX designers could start from it, designing the user experience, defining channels, touchpoints, personas, actions and feelings... and then going deeper into visual designs and prorotypes.

361 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Integrate with Adobe Comp CC

Allow adobe comp app the capability to export to experience design. Also allow users to select a new project or add to an existing one. This would allow users to create on the go.

356 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 335 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  48 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Option to publish all screens even without prototyping

If I started prototyping and publish design specs without the prototype linking all the screens the design spec shows only the screens that are linked in the prototype. The specs link doesn't get updated even if I remove all the links.

306 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  81 comments  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Tabbed design view for multiple files

Similar to Photoshop or Illustrator (See attached file), it would be valuable to allow for multiple files to be opened and arranged in the design pane using tabs. This would give users a quick way to switch between their projects and will provide a much better workflow in general.

This is a must for me!

300 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  67 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Export to Muse CC

It would be so useful to layout your designs in XD and then to export them straight to muse in the .muse format to refine or to be able to open an XD widget in Muse to prototype your iPhone layout, for example.

277 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  71 comments  ·  06 : Extensibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Built-in Library of Wireframe Elements, for generic web / mobile design

To be able to use XD as a useful tool for content architecting/wireframing (before design, before prototype) - a library of generic common web and mobile web elements would be very useful (in an easily accessible panel - NOT by copying and pasting from a template file).

For example:
    - Image/Logo (resizable) placeholder
    - Horizontal and Vertical Nav placeholder
    - Icon library (like hamburger, search, map point, etc)
    - Text block (resizable) placeholder
    - Scrollbar (horizontal, vertical) placeholder

etc

Think Balsamiq, or OmniGraffle wireframe tools for example.

258 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Record screen & clicks while using shared prototype online (user testing)

well it doesn't make sense why you can only record the video when someone is on your computer trying out the prototype, and just thinking you should be able to record how someone is using it when they are overseas

246 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  18 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add Adobe Typekit

Would love to work with My Typekit fonts inside XD. UX design without Character Panels such as in Illustrator is almost illegal.

209 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  7 comments  ·  06 : Extensibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Hide all panels

Ability to view only stage, some kind of preview mode, no toolbars & right panel. It will let you focus on content.
    (like F in Photoshop)

203 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

60 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    feature-under-review  ·  MrTalin responded

Hey Ryan! Definitely something I’ve been looking for as well!

I can safely say this is a feature we’d all like to see in XD.

13. Choose reference / anchor point for transform origin and X, Y display

Being able to change the reference point from the upper-left to center or lower right or whathaveyou is so useful in other Adobe apps. Having to do everything with top-left x/y is a pain when trying to position objects by their center.

Choose point by clicking 9-grid icon

203 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  27 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Embed fonts for 'untethered' mobile preview from Creative Cloud

Would be nice if fonts were embedded into the XD file. If not you aren't able to preview the app design with the correct font from iOS or android when syncing from creative cloud.

189 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

44 comments  ·  08 : Mobile (iOS)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Export size options (e.g. export only 2x version)

The ability to select my sizes for export would be nice. At times I work on apps (as strange as it may sound) that do not require all resolutions of artwork (1x, 2x, 3x) An option to select my would be great. Similar to how Sketch handles it.

173 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  32 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Change default fill and stroke settings (color, etc.) used when drawing new shapes

It's quite frustrating that every time I use the shape tools, I have to remove the stroke and change the fill.
    Like in ID and AI, it would be useful if the object fill and stroke remembers the previous settings, or a default could be somehow set.

172 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  34 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Set width and height in percentages

When you enter a width for an object, also be able to set the size using a percent.

152 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  15 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Set spacing between objects to a specific number of pixels

Adobe Fireworks style specific alignment in pixels.

Set spacing vertically or horizontally, by typing a specific number value into the panel.

75 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  8 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Show the layer names on design spec mode

When the developer clicks an element, the layer name is not shown. Today he can only see the type of that layer ("Rectangle", "Text", "Group", etc). If the layer name was shown the designers could append information on that layer like the asset name or the color variable that should be used on that element.

68 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  6 comments  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. show date of last update for each screen

At this time one can see "The date when the design specs was last updated"

When working on a living project, with constant improvements, or in general during development phase, it would be pretty handy for
    - developers (identify what to do)
    - testers/customers/responsible persons (what to review)
    to easily see that there where changes on special screen since last look by showing date and time of last update for each screen.

47 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  0 comments  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base