Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

46 results found

1. Currently (XD 24.0.22.19), if I drop an instance of a component and then adjust part of it (text in a button, size of the instance, etc.), that override is only applied to the selected state of the instance. So, if I have a button with many states (normal, hover, disabled, active, default action, etc.) I have to manually apply that override to each state of the instance. This is extremely tedious and error prone.

Please provide the ability to have an override of an instance be inherited by all states in that component instance.

1,472 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Currently "Reset to master component" resets all aspects of a component including text overwrites and color overwrites.

I'd like to have the option to keep specific overrides of a component on reset. e.g.:
    - Keep text overwrites
    - Keep color overwrites
    - Keep image overwrite

This would help to keep content and design separated and be very helpful. Especially If local adjustments where made and master was changed afterwards

Currently "Reset to master component" is the same as "Delete component" + "Paste master in original position". As a result I need to re-enter everything again.

69 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Instead of having the option to ungroup components it would be much better to have an option to break components and turn them back to groups with the same name as the component, if I then want to un-group its a simple keystroke to do so. Right now I have to go back in and re-group and re-name every component that was just ungrouped.

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. It would be great to have a shortcut to jump between text inputs, including within repeat grids.

For example, tab to move to next text box.

Example image shows why this is necessary, I have a lot of similar pages that require typing in a lot of different text boxes.

Thank you

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 126 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Especially in a group, lines gives the group additional 0.5px x and y which is so annoying for pixel purfect :D

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Adding a wire to an object inside a symbol or changing a wire inside a symbol should create/change the same wire/link across other instances of that symbol in the same way styles/text etc changes other instances.

This would allow navigation to be edited throughout a project.

I love the convenience of symbols, and I love that we can now add links to objects within a symbol, but not being able to propagate that interaction to other symbols is a problem for me.

567 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. At this time one can see "The date when the design specs was last updated"

When working on a living project, with constant improvements, or in general during development phase, it would be pretty handy for
    - developers (identify what to do)
    - testers/customers/responsible persons (what to review)
    to easily see that there where changes on special screen since last look by showing date and time of last update for each screen.

107 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 8,057 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. By mistake i choose publish proto and update link - how to cancel it? - i have to close the file to cancel an activity.

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Would be nice if fonts were embedded into the XD file. If not you aren't able to preview the app design with the correct font from iOS or android when syncing from creative cloud.

398 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. For prototyping and user testing, a text input field control would be very helpful. Bonus if you could apply actions to enter / submit based on different strings.

3,558 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. It would be great to Export Prototypes as pure HTML Projects. I am working a lot on Multiscreen apps, where I mostly use Serveal Webcontainers Running on several Screens, to develop those Applications.

3,612 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Well, just as the title says. When selecting a text field and dragging across an art board, fill it with lorem ipsum automatically. If you don't need a dummy text - simply start writing to overwrite it. Would make prototyping text rich websites much faster.

609 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Ability to create interactive relationships, like radio inputs, if you select one it deselects the other. Selecting different options can change the outcome when the user hits 'Submit' etc

1,774 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1. Ability to have a single object (or group) break out of its artboard and cross multiple artboards within a single prototype. The simplest use case is the creation of a global navigation bar that spans across multiple screens. This object's interactive elements would also work across multiple screens as well, and any edits to this object would update across the rest of the screens.

2. Easy interaction management and editing. Also provides consistency with consistent elements within an experience.

2,872 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. In order to full use this as a UX professional, I would have to have the ability to include gestures, most critically for handing a stakeholder a wireframe or design. Gestural swipes, two-finger zoom, force-touch, etc. Otherwise I don't think too many experience UX professionals will be able to properly communicate core functionality and the behavioral imperatives incumbent to the process.

2,720 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Please add the option to export all artboards of the prototype as a PDF document of many pages, preserving prototype interactivity saving links as PDF internal "pageTo" links (or invisible linkTo rectangles).
    So that in this way the prototype can be navigated in the PDF file like on a web page (transitions excluded of course).
    This would allow a very efficient "deliverable" design document for the client.

812 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I've been enjoying the XD Preview immensely, and find it super useful, with much promise. But I'm doing more and more work on the iPad Pro these days, and that's in large part due to the current crop of Adobe iOS apps.

A full-featured version of Adobe XD for iOS, including CC sync, would be amazing.

1,115 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. To be able to prototype for usability testing and demonstrations there needs to be a bit more intelligence around how experiences are joined up togehter.

If clause example:
    If user makes choice a, do x. If user makes choice b, do z. And so on.

Variables:
    When user makes a choice/clicks/fills in a field etc. assign a variable. Then allow designer to use variables in an if-clause to make decision which roots to go down.

Thank you :)

1,218 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3