Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about

Request details

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Menu Expansion- Drag & Drop

I really like the idea of Xd but it needs to be quicker to use.

Can you expand the existing menu so that it contains common website/app elements that can be simply dragged and dropped into our prototypes? You already have this within some of your other programs.

Eg Drag and droppable:
    expandable/collapsable menus, form elements, scrolling effects, mouse effects, states, swatches, text options(colour, kerning, header 1, 2 etc), modal windows, buttons, carousel, jumbotron, image effects, lists etc.

Also a link to cc libraries & assets would be great.

I think expanding the menu like this would save a lot…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

There are a number of great suggestions in this feature, but it’s really hard to aggregate these with other suggestions from other customers. Please do upvote for some of the individual features you’ve suggested:

1. Reusable widgets:
      (For instance)
      Form elements: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/13833198
      Button tool: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/13571298

2. CC Library support: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/12930321

Hope that helps!

-Elaine

• What your competitors are doing...

Hi guys, I love where this software is going and enjoy using it. I think it has great potential for become an industry standard tool but it still needs to catch up on a few things.

Please see link to see what this particular competitor is doing for your inspiration http://principleformac.com/tutorial.html

1 vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Is there a specific feature from Principle that you’d really like to see in XD? If so, please do file that in the database or upvote a specific feature. We’re listening to you, and we also want to make sure that our feature set matches the needs of our customer base as a whole.

Thanks,

-Elaine

• Toolkit

Since I am use to working in InDesign it kinda annoys me that I havn't got the same opportunities to shaping my text in different styles (not talking about font) as it it's possible in InDesign. Would be awesome if more of the general features from InDesign were implemented for instant am I at the mount trying to figurer out if it is possible to make some kind of hyperlink. (Beside that really awesome program you guys are making her differently gonna use it in the feature :D )

1 vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback! If you’re interested in text styles, we do have specific text style features that we’re tracking separately, so I’d encourage you to search for those specifically (for instance, underline text or superscript) and upvote on those.

Regarding hyperlink, you can use Share to get a link to your shared prototype. https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-design/help/share-designs-and-prototypes.html

Hope that helps!

-Elaine

• Silver Writing text, any thoughts on that guys? Let me know

Silver Writing text, any thoughts on that guys? Let me know

1 vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Since it’s been a number of months since we requested more information about this feature, I’m closing this. Please do re-file if you think this is something you’re really interested in, and please provide more information when re-filing the issue.

Thanks,

-Elaine

• Depth design

As in the design of materials Google, if you could play with the depth of the elements in the interface that is designing the final design be achieved much more consistent and scalable. Utilziar could also be a layer system, the best Photoshop style to keep adding layers and replace them quickly to try different concepts without having to create an entirely new view.

1 vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

As it’s been three months since we’ve requested more information (and we’ve released layers since then), marking this as action required. Please do file this issue again if you think we still need to do this.

Thanks!

-Elaine

• Grille de composition et les majuscules pour le texte

Bravo pour ce super soft ;) Il ne manque pas grand chose pour qu'il soit top. En particulier 2 choses font cruellement défaut : les grilles de composition ("disposition des repères" dans photoshop) et un outil texte plus riche (mettre la police en capitale, des marges dans les blocs, ...).

1 vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there! I think both topics you’ve mentioned here are covered by other feature requests already. Please add your vote to these if they fit:

In the future, please help us keep the feature request list tidy by filing each different feature as a separate suggestion. Thanks!

• Wish list

Love the new XD, some ideas below that have come to mind.

- Export mock styleguides for Devs to follow (or not follow). Could be similar to InDesign packaging export

- Built in colour contrast analyser

- Screen reflowing like Edge Reflow, so the designs don’t adhere to device sizes.

- More shape options

- Smart fields auto complete for text etc

- Paragraph styling like InDesign for fast text application (make this global across all art boards)

- Link to a pattern library and Adobe Kular

- Able to annotate and add notes to prototypes

- XD can export…

1 vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

We’d like individual suggestions to be fine-grained so others can upvote the specific features they’re interested in, and we can get a better picture of which are most important.

Many of the ideas you’ve mentioned here have already been suggested separately. Please upvote these if they’re relevant to you:

I’m closing this out…

• Import of transparent PNG or psd layers.

Import of transparent PNG or psd layers. Would be great to use these as imports or even linked assets.

Also simple annimations such as slide in etc.

1 vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

You can already import PNG images with transparency (alpha channel) by dragging & dropping the PNG files onto your Adobe XD window, or by choosing File > Import. You can also bring individual Photoshop layers into XD by copying them in Photoshop and pasting in XD. Are you having trouble getting this to work? If so, please let us know the details.

Linking to external objects is not yet possible — if you add an image to your XD project, it will always be embedded in your .xd file. If you’d like to be able to keep image assets separate (linked), please upvote https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/12869109-linked-objects

Simple slide-in animations are already possible — for details check out this tutorial: https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-design/how-to/ui-prototyping.html. For more complex animations, please upvote https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/12869229-animation-support-microinteractions

I’m closing this feature request since it is a combination of things that should already be possible and things that have already been suggested…

• Preview selected Artboards

I noticed that I like to design big chunks of an app in one file.

Therefor, It'd be helpful if it were possible to select a couple of artboards to preview, instead of previewing the whole app.

1 vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  03 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • 要望です

・widthやheightに計算式を入力できるようにしてほしいです。(例:320-16)
                      ・テキストボックスをつくれるようにしてほしいです。
                      ・Sketchのsymbol機能がほしいです。

1 vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

action-required  ·  1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • sharing on different mobile device

i'm working on an app. we have started to do the android version first.
                        at this moment when i share the link and view the prototype on my iPhone and it work well, a bitt heavy ( a few seconds to view it correctly )by you can get the idea.
                        on Android same link it is a different story: it shows only on galaxy S6 again upload very very slower then the iPhone but at the end it uploads. same link on Galaxy S4/ meizo note m2 doesnt work at all.
                        i think it is very important to be able…

1 vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  03 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

As I last sent the inquiry five months ago and haven’t heard back, closing this. Please note that we now have tethered iOS and Android applications that will allow you to preview on device even faster.

-Elaine

• User Testing Features

1) My company is adamantly against allowing us use any tool to show intellectual property on the web, so I second the ideas to be able to export to a PDF. In order to use it for wire framing and prototyping purposes it would need to be a clickable/interactive PDF. The ability to pick and choose what we show would be helpful.

2) Love the previewing and recording, however it'd be more multi-function if, when previewing, you could gray-out the background - or alternatively allow recording the artboard in full screen mode.

3) Record Audio. Face would be awesome too,…

1 vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • Using vertical rhythm

I use vertical rhythm in all my UI design. for more info on what that is see http://webdesign.tutsplus.com/articles/improving-layout-with-vertical-rhythm--webdesign-14070

including some functionality to apply vertical rhythm would be great. This could be just guides, but would be great if there was something smarter.

For example... i make sure all my padding, margins and line heights are a multiple of 28px to retain vertical rhythm in my designs.

1 vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • 1 vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  03 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

As you can already preview a document, I’m closing this request. If you’re looking for specific functionality regarding downloading an uploaded preview, please do feel free to file another request.

-Elaine

• Dim background when preview window opens (presentation mode)

It would be a neat feature to be able to dim the artboards in the background when viewing prototypes so as you focus on the preview window.

This could be achieved by having a button next to the record button to toggle background on or off. The color of te icon changes to show it is selected.

It would be especially good for when you are recording a video for example, so that your are not distracted by your artboards in the background.

1 vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • Like Xd to the Flinto app

Like Xd to the Flinto app

1 vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

• preset

would be lovely to have downloadable presets containing a variety of editable assets like color templates, buttons, more transitions and animated effects!

1 vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• From China Baidu inc 's PM: values to users is result and efficiency , but there are some problem

设计的结果对于用户有核心价值,评判结果好坏有多个标准:其中很重要的就是美观度。用户想要达到好的美观度,有不同的效率,其实当前市场上很多同类产品都能达到很好的效果,但效率方面差别很大。下面几点是影响效率的重要因素:
                                      1.可DIY的默认设置:包括矩形的样子、快捷键、填充等等,可R+1代表第一类矩形,R+2代表第二类矩形,而这些都可以自定义设置。还有包括字体、画布、iphone背景、参考线等等,希望都能DIY默认情况。
                                      2.文字编辑,希望能够完善项目符号的功能,类似evernote的功能即可。这样PM就可以通过XD进行PRD的撰写。因为设计和方案往往是连带的。
                                      3.对齐策略,两个矩形对其时,其连接处将要重合的那条线,为什么不直接重合掉?还做了两条线,这样设计效率很低,每次还需要手动调整,影响最终的美观度。
                                      4.导出为PNG时,应该为高清晰度版,不要只是模糊版,因为设计师都苛求精致,作为作品输出时,必须要清晰的。
                                      3.可自定义元件库:其实在交互设计的过程中,很多样式都是很固定的那么几种,如果可以自己预先定义好,效率无疑非常高。

(translated)
                                      1. pre-defined style definitions for objects with fonts, background, guides, etc.
                                      2. typography: add bullet points
                                      3. Snap to overlap, not snap to side-by-side
                                      4. Export to PNG seems to be low-quality
                                      5. Customizable libraries

1 vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback! We have been breaking up feature requests into smaller components, so it would help us if you could upvote on your features:

1. Style definitions: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/12934134.

2. Bullet points: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/16073923

3. Snapping is dependent on the stroke, so what you’re looking for is stroke https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/12942135

4. Please check that you’re exporting to the correct screen size. If you still see issues, please report them in UserVoice separately.

5. We’re looking at CC Libraries: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/12930321. We also are working on Symbols at the moment: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/12931467.

Please take a chance to vote on each if you still see these as features you would like!

-Elaine

• Paste to the same place in another project

The feature arrange > send to back doesn`t work properly.
                                        And I would like to paste copied things at the same place in another projekt.

But I think, its a great programm to show moch ups. Thanks

1 vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

Since it’s been a number of months since we asked for clarification questions, closing this request. If this is still happening for you, please do file a bug!

Thanks,

-Elaine

• Please make it possible to round corners on shapes made using pen tool! This will make my life easy.

When I create new shape using the pen tool, there is no way to be able to round the edges of that shape.

0 votes
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base