Request details

Gestures - swipe, pinch/zoom, force touch

In order to full use this as a UX professional, I would have to have the ability to include gestures, most critically for handing a stakeholder a wireframe or design. Gestural swipes, two-finger zoom, force-touch, etc. Otherwise I don't think too many experience UX professionals will be able to properly communicate core functionality and the behavioral imperatives incumbent to the process.

319 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Nate HookNate Hook shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

36 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Josh KappJosh Kapp commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How is it that this important feature is still not even started? It's impossible to prototype many mobile interfaces without at least swipe implemented. Swiping is a basic part of navigation in a mobile browser, for instance. Can we just start with that single gesture? Please? I can't put a mobile prototype in front of a stakeholder without it.

• BDharmawanBDharmawan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

really really really need basic gesture swipes, zoom in/out, up/down, left/right to get the user experience

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to use XD for full prototypes, but the lack of gesture input is really holding me back- I can only do simple UX concepts.

• gcomdongcomdon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Gestures are SOOOO important that the v1 of XD shouldn't have even been launched without it. What's the deal, and when is it going to happen folks?

• nikolnikol commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutely needs gesturing.

I use AdobeXD when I need quick and want to integrate my Illustrator symbols, but for depth and high fidelity I only use Axure. Working at a larger company we have both, but as a freelancer I would definitely chose Axure first since it's full logic programming and I can get my ideas across better to stake holders and actually test the ID both for myself and to show to developers when they start building.

• Nick Rossi, Designer, Penn State UniversityNick Rossi, Designer, Penn State University commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our studio has yet to find a suitable IDE to fill our UI/UX design and prototyping needs. We would probably be inclined to pursue XD if gestures were included, especially since it can integrate with TypeKit. The general workflow seems to be more conducive since we've been using Adobe as long as we can remember. We've been running Sketch + Flinto through some trials and its lack of font integration is a sticking point for us. I would strongly urge the Adobe team to work on including gestures into future releases. Also something similar to Flinto's behaviors would streamline a lot of prototyping for micro interactions (toggles, checkboxes, drop downs, menus, etc.) Thanks

• Anita HallAnita Hall commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think it'd be great to include all of the basic core gesture in Adobe XD - not just swipe, pinch/zoom, etc. Core gesture ability based on simulating the OS - WIN, OS, or Android.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

YES!!! In order to really make this a truly useful app, gestures are critical, especially when presenting a prototype to clients and testing with users. A MUST HAVE! Ability to add a some interface micro-interactions would be a bonus as well.

• chrischris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

couldn't agree more. The biggest hurdle using prototyping apps these days is each one is only part way there. I have to jump between invision, XD, and others just to get a prototype working the right way, and even then it's never working quite right. No app has a great system for locking elements to a page, and having the ability to control what pages they appear on.Think a nav item, or maybe a persistent share button. Lock the element, and check box which pages you want it to appear on. Uncheck the pages you don't want it to appear on. Appear animation: select. Disappear animation: select. All set. This system across any element I want suddenly allows me to build a functional prototype when paired with gestures. So, gestures, needed. Sticky elements, which we can stick and declare when and where they should appear, and how they appear and disappear, for starters. Love the tool so far, just tired of using multiple apps, redundant and expensive.

• JoshJosh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think one of the most important things in making this feature usable is to allow page based gestures in addition to just using hot spots and also allowing multiple gestures for each page/hotspot.

I use InVision and using the "HotSpot" areas for page transitions makes it impossible to have other hotspot areas on the page because the entire page is covered with the "Swipe Left/Right" gesture hotspot. I think having mutiple gestures would solve the problem of having to use half a page as a "Swipe Left" Gesture and the other half of the page as a "Swipe Right" gesture. It isn't intuitive at all.

• NetsrakGoNetsrakGo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a very important request - imagine, you were prototyping Snapchat… You couldn't do it properly in Adobe XD. Swipes have become a very import of app navigation.

• MelMel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Many features of Animate, especially gestures should be available in Xd so that Animate can bring the prototype to life.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base