Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

627 results found

1. This was previously suggested but it seemed like it needed to be reposted (if not, feel free to delete this request).

Outside of maybe SVG for obviously (?) reasons, the exported file looks pixelated. The exports do not look presentable--I've been better off with screenshots but screenshots are screenshots. I would love if this request gets a second look.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Please add new iPhone XR, XS, XS Max in mobile sizes.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Please provide an option to disable swiping between artboards during the Live Preview on the Adobe XD iOS app. I want testers on the mobile app to only be able to navigate using the interactions I've authored. Them being able to swipe at any time prevents me from getting a valid test out of them.

58 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-completed  ·  Janice Yip responded

Thanks for sharing your feedback. With 17.0, you can now disable swiping on mobile prototypes in the overlay menu!

4. See attached Screenshot for reference;

If a designer has set up multiple fonts / weights / sizes within one textbox, the design specs link can only read one spec per textbox. This forces the designer to change their workflow by setting up every heading/ paragraph etc. within a new textbox, to allow the developer to read all the specs.

We need to be able to see the unique specs for typography (font name, weight, size etc) wether or not it's set up in one textbox.

Also for example, suppose I have one sentence in which only two words are bolded,…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

his feature is now available in all design specs links published from XD 21.0 or above.

XD will now let developers select and inspect different text spans in a single text layer that includes multiple styles, including superscript and subscript styles.

You may see this video for all latest features we’ve shipped https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLfZICf8deo

5. The new responsive resize function seems pretty great, but it would take it to the next level for me if I could use it with symbols. This would make form fields and components super easy!

121 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi All,

We’re excited to announce that with our May release, we have introduced Components (previously known as symbols). Components are design elements with unmatched flexibility that help you create and maintain repeated elements while varying the instances for different contexts and layouts.

You can create a master component to define a reusable element, such as a button, and you can change any of its properties to customize instances of that element (Size & Layout, Style and Appearance, and Structural overrides). Changes you make to an individual instance are specific to that element, but changes you make to the master propagates to all the instances where the property hasn’t been customized.

Components now could also be responsively resized with the same powerful capabilities of responsive resize baked in.

Finally, you could link components across documents to maintain a single source of your components using the Link Assets feature or simply…

6. The current UI for transitions is clunky and flows awkwardly. Every time I try to link to something lower on the page, the pop-up box appears below the 'fold'/screen and I have to move the artboard into view and re-click on the 'from' element to get the pop-up to appear. You've already trained the users to use the side-panel (right) to change elements in the design view, I think it makes sense to place the transitions in the same spot. It would greatly simplify the flow, as well as returning to edit transitions.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I needed to overwrite a file when exporting it. However, I spent approximately 20 minutes trying to figure out why I kept getting the error "There was a problem exporting your asset. We'd love to understand what went wrong so that we can fix this for you. Please tell us about the problem here."

I finally realized that this was because I was overwriting an opened file (I was viewing it in Adobe reader). As a software engineer to a team of software engineers, I highly recommend making the errors much more specific to the issue.

if File.isOpen()
    sendError("Please close…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Feature request.

Using this feature user can create the artboard based animation very easily. XD has to create a new scene based frame to select the artboard to animate.

1. Create a scene based frame.
    2. Drag and drop the artboard to animate in frame
    3. Draw the object in the artboard
    4. Same objects would display in other artboards drag and drop in the frame
    5. Move the objects in the frame. (same would refresh in artboards)
    6. Automatically animate the objects (Shape, position, color etc...)
    1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Hi Guys,

is it possible to deactivate/disable the page-navigation on the Footer from prototype? Clients use this usually as Slide and don't understand the main fonction of XD

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Often what happens is that Developers require some assets in either SVG format or any of the other image formats.

Using Design Specs, exporting/downloading a specific icon/vector shape would help ease the asset transferring between Designers and Developers. This would also help maintain the right assets and share it with ease.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Introduce a feature to Swatches, where you can access all your colours that you've saved in other projects and be able to view them in all projects, similar to Photoshop

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. The hit area of an asset is limited to the icon in list view. which is very counter-intuitive please increase the hit area. and I don't think there will be any harm in doing so.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Would be very helpful not to require clients/stakeholders to create an Adobe account simply to review their comps. This could be sandboxed within private links to solve security concerns (ie., if they have the link, they can be assumed safe to allow comments from). Many clients won't do so, forcing to send a JPG or PDF via Dropbox instead, which defeats the purpose of having used a prototyping tool.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Since our developers code our websites in pixels, we need the ability to change the font style from points to pixels.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I think it would be a great improvement if the current 'mask with shape' feature also worked by using the default container of an image:

1. Select image
    2. Shift + CMD + M
    3. Image is now masked within it's default container that you can edit

Thanks!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Note from Randy:

Starting with XD 9, images are already masked with a shape! No need to execute any command.

The shape is a Rectangle with same width and height as image. Double-click in the middle to edit size and position of image fill.

Double-click on border to convert rectangle to a path.

16. Currently you have to select the Colur icon/block or Ag style icon to apply character or Colour style, if you click anywhere else in the character style block it does not apply!!!
    The more intuitive and i think previous versions had this, is to make the entire character style capsule clickable. I run a 5k screen setup so the icons are pretty small.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Why is the comment feature not allowed in the Design Spec Public Link? Why can't it work the same as Prototype Shared Link? Why is it only in the Private Link?

I want a place for my team to review my screens from a bird's eye view without having to invite them.

And the email invite is crap because it only works if it's their adobe email account. But what if they don't have an Adobe account? Then it doesn't work. So now I don't feel confident sharing any private link because it's highly likely they cannot access it.

I…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve delivered comments in design specs. Arun has mentioned:

Commenting feature is present even for the Design Spec public links. When you publish a public Design Specs link from latest release of XD and share it with your team, they would be able to open the commenting panel and add provide feedback. Please note that commenting feature is available for both Public & Private links.

Private links is a secure way of sharing your designs with team members. When reviewers click on the invite email, they would be taken to Adobe sign-in page where they can choose to sign-up in case their email does not have an adobe ID. As soon as they sign-up, it would automatically be associated and would provide them access to view your private design.

18. Hello,

I love Adobe Experience Design but I something find myself overwhelmed while working (because I like to organize certain stuff in certain ways). For that I thought about a solution that may help others too.

Publishing without linking (I'm currently working on a project and I have to do changes pretty often because I have to add/replace/change pages and locations and I have to start re-linking everything a lot)
    Publish only the "checked" artboards (for example, I want to publish only the homepage and login page, but for now, in order to do that I have to link only…

42 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. With a consistent design system, I have mapped all the standards we need to use on each project. With that, on XD I'm not able to set those as standards on a file so for an example, each different text element created need to be changed from the standard XD font to the one in my design system.

With that, we would be able not only to document the general standards for the dev team but also would allow us to keep the standards tightly without the chance of forgetting to change something That could work for:

• Standard font (family,…
    1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve introduced linked assets, which will enable you to link your entire assets panel from another document. You should be able to define things in one location and reuse them.

If you’re looking for something different, please feel free to file a new ticket!

20. There is no exit button for Adobe XD android app when you're in preview mode. Pressing the back button in android mobile, send us to the previous artboard and we can only exit when we get back to the starting(first) artboard. I'd like an easy way to exit from preview mode.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-completed  ·  Janice Yip responded

In the XD Android App, the last option in the Menu is “Exit Prototype,” and you can exit the preview mode from there!

1 2 6 8 10 31 32