Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. It would be great to have a generic "find and replace" inside the edit menu like most text editors have. What would be even better is if you could select the find and replace function to use the current art board, or all art boards. This is super helpful if you're mocking up redundant content that has a slight name change between screens.

1,809 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. The preview link works really well, but it would be helpful if the background colour could be set to a custom colour. The default is white, but it would be handy if you could specify black (or any colour) instead. My reason is that when displaying a mobile screen on various mobile devices for testing, i often get small white stripes at the top and bottom due to variations of screen resolution. If i could set the background colour to black, then the gaps at the top and bottom wouldn't be an issues as the black would blend into a…

165 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Being able to see fonts exactly how they look in a web browser is crucial. I would love to have a preview mode that allow this.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Maybe something like Abobe Comp is enough. It is very simple and useful

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Please add the option to import and use svg animated icons and buttons in the layout, with the animate on click option. This would make very easy to makeup prototypes of UI components.

129 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Please add the option to change a single element in repeated grid without breaking the entire grid or changing the other elements in it. This is important for designing single elements interactions in list. For example if I want to expand / select / change an element of a repeated grid, I need to have multiple "states" of each elements (ie. expanded, collapsed, selected, deselected, etc.).
    This can be obtained simply assigning additional graphic elements (positioned outside the device canvas) to the repeated grid. Once assigned as a "element state n°2", it would then display a floating option near each…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I think the original title may have been interpreted in different ways by different people. Here’s a clarification on how we’re interpreting this request and other related ones. Feel free to adjust your votes to reflect the ones you find most important.

This request is about dynamic behavior when users are interacting with your shared prototype:

For simpler, non-interactive versions of this request, please see:

7. Please allow the software to update font files without having to quit the application and relaunch it. Thank you !

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Option for choosing different design visualization: artboards (as it is now) and scrolling pages like InDesign.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Holding Option to duplicate an element is missing the cursor feedback from PS / AI (the double arrow) when you are hovering over an element that can be duplicated.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Weight is an important aspect of Web design

• Calculate the payload based on exported assets and display data, as it influences design
    4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Hello!

Presently when I want to add an item to the repeat grid, I can only expand to the right or bottom of the grid to add items.

However, there are times when I realize I want to add a unique item to the top my pattern.

(An example: I want to create a mobile nav menu of 7 stacked labels. The client returns and wants to add one to the top. At present, I would need to expand at the bottom, then re-input the labels one by one.)

It would be super convenient if I could also expand to…

71 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. In photoshop, you can import .csh files that contain a myriad of UI icons and shapes, and then draw them in the same way as a rectangle or ellipse. This has been invaluable as i can simply choose the icon shape i wish to use, and then create it to the size i want. I understand that you can bring in vector objects from illustrator, but it would save time if a "custom shapes" option was added. Perhaps this would allow people to create a material design icon set, or an ios icon set that could be accessed on demand…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. It would be great to have the possibility of integrate Comet's design files into a Bridge-Based workflow.

Support for XMP metadata, possibility to see/use the color swatches used into a document, quick thumbnails preview (Like ID files), keywording, etc...

Unfortunately many apps made by adobe over the time use files that does not integrates into Bridge workflow, like Muse, Edge Reflow, Edge Animate, other...

Francesco

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Description:
    Once I select a font in TEXT panel I want this font to be default font every time I use the Text tool. Until I change it again.

Why is this valuable to you:
    Now you have to change font every time when you use Text tool — bad usability. Slows down the workflow.

Additional request 1:
    Also, it would be nice to set a base font size for the project. So that every time I use Text tool I'm suggested this exact size.

Additional request 2:
    Possibility to set up default global font sizes for <p>, <h1>, <h2>,…

693 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Note: there’s a limited version of this feature already available. If you select an existing piece of text and then leave it selected while you use the Text tool to create new text, its style will match the piece of text you had selected.

15. Add xCode export to the list of functions... great for informative apps

95 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Can you tell us more about how you’d like this to work? Do you want XD to export image assets and insert them directly into the correct folders/filenames in an existing Xcode project? Or do you want XD to generate Objective-C / Swift code to create a brand new Xcode project?

16. When creating repeat grids for content, creating a table for example, having the ability to tab through the contents of a repeat grid would speed this process up significantly.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. At the moment, in prototype mode the circle follows the mouse on the recording. It would be good to have this act more like a finger does on a phone (which is not touching the screen all the time).

I would like the option to have the touch feedback only show on click (or touch).

This could also feed into recording from a device when device preview is available.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. It would be great to have another section for Artboard presets that are your own. I have a few sizes I like to use that are not a preset and would be great if I could define my own name them and have a category of most used or user defined. Maybe Just a My category for presets. Thanks much I am loving this app a great deal keep up the awesome work!

117 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I would like to be able to change an interaction's start point after I've already set it. In my scenario going from a low-fidelity to high-fidelity design, there were certain objects I wanted to swap in for existing hot spots.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I don't know it's considered as a bug or if it's beaucause it's not final yet.

1. 0.5.0.4 Beta

2. Having a repeat grid with content in it already. Trying to add new element within the groups of the grid (which because of the logic of no layers, adds the object in each duplicate). Finally, move the whole group (normally considered as the reference object for the grid) to adjust the spacing in height of the content.

3. I was hoping when I drag the repeat grid handle down, the following content would take in account the respacing.

4. It does not.

5. Video attached.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Winnie,

Thank you for your feedback! We already have a feature in the backlog for adjusting the cell size based on the content and that will solve the issue you describe. Currently the size of the repeat grid cells is fixed and only their padding adjustable.

Kind regards,
    Florin