Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. When creating a Shape (square, circle triangle, line) the 90% of the times I already know the size I need, but is very slow first to draw it and the input the w and h on the panel on the right. It would be nice to create it like in Illustrator. (The X and Y would be nice too but im not that greedy)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. I have built a component library for my teammates to use in their projects. Most components have multiple states for hover, action, etc. What I would like to add is another state that displays the components in a lo-fi style to make prototyping faster. I would like to have the lo-fi as the default state for all of the components since that would be more commonly used by the team, and then as the details are worked out they can switch the state to the actual components to put details in.

There's no way to create a state and then…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Do to Jira Server vulnerabilities we'll need to upgrade abouve version 8.18.2 which the current Adobe XD jira integration isn't compatible

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Ability to make the whole file available to view online as a view only version, with the same view + controls the designer has on the desktop app.

This means you don't need to specify what you're exporting and can help with showing the entire design process rather than the end-product.

Figma has this, as well as tools such as Miro.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. While Adobe XD Team has certainly done an amazing work toward design systems creation in the tool, it still lack a bit of power.

Actually, it's quite tedious to create, maintain and use a design system in XD. Especially when working with multiple variants of a component.

Let's say I need too work on an app design and I want create my buttons in my design system : primary, secondary, alert, w/icon, large, small...

With the current XD, I only have 2 solutions and both have are really time consuming to maintain :

1. I need to create a separate component…

56 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I'm designing a intricate web application. Somewhere along the line, I've crossed posted elements leading to an error message.
    The problem is, the message is long, doesn't appear to fit in the error field, and I can't read it before it disappears.
    I've noticed other applications that allow you to click a copy button which puts the. messages content on your clipboard. Then you can paste it into a text app to read the entire message.
    As it is, any error messages of any length are pretty much useless.
    The first attachment, Screen Shot 2022-02-23 at 9.46.28 AM.png, shows the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  7. 高速スクロール機能が欲しいです。

XDでのデザインは縦に長くなることが多いので作業を効率化するために高速スクロール機能が必要だと思います。
    Illustratorではshift+マウスホイールで縦に高速スクロールするので同じ機能がXDこそ必要だと思います。

• Auto translation: - Designs in XD are often vertically long, so I think you need a high-speed scrolling function to make your work more efficient. In Illustrator, shift + mouse wheel scrolls vertically at high speed, so I think that XD needs the same function.
    1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

ご説明ありがとうございます! デザインプロセスではなくプレビューに焦点を合わせるように機能リクエストを調整しました。

このメッセージは機械翻訳されています。

Thank you for your clarification! I've adjusted the feature request to focus on preview instead of during the design process.

8. A quick way to establish the file path of an open XD file. Other Adobe software (the image example is InDesign) have a way of discovering the file path from the open file, ie Command click the open document's file name and it drops a window down listing the 'path' right down to the home folder.
    I often have multiple windows open and a quick confirmation of exactly where my active file lives would be very time saving.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Please , disable the "Grid View" feature reminder that pop EVERYTIME! you enter the shared mode area. - so annoying.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. In Windows, it works that when you hold shift + (control or alt) + scrollwheel it does a jump/faster zoom. Unfortunately on macOS when you press SHIFT nothing happens.. This feature works in other Adobe programs as well as macOS. I'm pretty annoyed and don't know how to work around it to make it work the same way. Thanks for the update.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Admin →
  11. Repetition grid are awesome, we know it. It works well with PC (mouse interaction) since the hover is immediatly looking for the hover state of a component.

It's less magical when trying to navigate a grid with controller where the hover is not accessible.

We should have preset that understand that using dpad/joystick navigation in the grid toggle hover state on/off without having to define in the prototype view the very bulky :

• Press Dpad left (joystick left) go to state Hover on button 2
    • Press Dpad bottom (joystick bottom) go to state Hover on button 4 ...
    2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. How about a free developer app? The current web developer handoff is already outdated. Due to Windows support, feature development is nonesistant. There have been few big feature updates since 2017. For designers it's fast and great. For everyone who works for designers, not so much.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback. We’re constantly working on the web developer handoff surface, and it’s had some significant updates in the past couple of years. What do you specifically think you’re missing?

By the way, we do have a large number of Windows users, so we do not intend to stop development on that platform.

13. there is an problem with xd's number like transform is arabic numbers and scale of artboart is english numbers how I wanna solve (windows 11)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  14. I work with clients and design partners from different companies and I use the collaboration tools extensively. I even had to call support to fix my device because the XD files were over 1GB and were crashing the software.

Currently, I'm reaching the limit of the artboard size and want to share the library to new XD files in order to continue to contribute and grow the brand library of assets (as this is considerably smaller than the whole XD file).

So, I would like to have the possibility to set a shared library in a new XD file as…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your clarification! As you’ve noticed, XD currently has a 1:1 relationship between a source document and its linked library, so this is currently as designed. I’ve updated the title so that it better reflects what you’re asking for and will leave it open for others to upvote!

15. I know that XD is UI design software at first and that is the way it should always stay. But all those functionalities that XD has, makes it an awesome slideshow presentation tool.

As a designer I can't stand creating my own presentations on PowerPoint for example. The lack of control on visual tools in PowerPoint is just way too annoying. And I can guarantee that I'm not the only one!

XD would make a phenomenal difference here. So if you guys could please do one more presentation mode (online and offline) for presenting artboards that scale to the current…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. XD is the tool of choice for me and my team but we are not able to pay for the tool, sometimes we are obliged to use other tools because the payment can’t go through and there are no resellers in the region

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  17. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. It would be be nice if there was a right-click option like "force path to shape." Paths do not have the edit options that shapes do.

For example, when I take a rectangle and change the edges or add new corners, XD automatically changes this to a "path." I've done this both intentionally and accidentally.

If I want to change this shape back to a rectangle so that I can edit the border radius, I have to redraw and restyle that shape from scratch. It would be really cool if Xd could identify the closest shape and force into that…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Please have the option to only select the main component whenever I use the "Reveal Component in Assets" I have a lot of Nested Components so if I use "Reveal Component in Assets" it selects all the other components that are also nested on the I have selected component. We should have two options for this

1. "Reveal Component in Assets"
    2. "Reveal Nested Components in Assets"
    1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. The october 2021 update brings a new export screen with fewer options. The one i'm missing is to set what resolution my project is.

Some projects I made in @2x but now, when I export it, XD assumes it is @1x, so everything is not exported properly.

Please, come back with the resolution option.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)