Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Thicker Scroll Bars and Dedicated Right-Side Workspace Scroll bar

1. Scroll bar for the left column is very thin and difficult to grasp/click, please make it thicker, like a normal browser scroll

2. Please create a dedicated workspace scroll bar on the right side; this is especially needed when the XD app window is narrowed in size

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Zoom in on an asset when using filtered search

I opened an an icon library with 600 icons. I then tried to search for all icons with the word 'library' in them; 30 items cam back, but when clicked on one of the items, it was impossible to see the highlighting of the object because I needed to zoom out so much on the main artboardto see all of them.

It would be insanely helpful if you when using the filter search option, the items selected from the result set, say double-click would be zoomed in on the actual artboard, so the user does not spend minutes dragging the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Indicate a "stack" in Layers panel

Similar to how a scroll group or repeat grid is indicated with an icon in the Layers panel, it would be nice to see which group is a stack.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Design Changing Tracker

I work with a team. I have trouble tracking which designs have been changed and which have not. so I really want the feature to track which artboard has the design changed. there is a log history for that seems like fun to me and the team. hopefully next month I get that feature

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Support for SF Symbols

As Apple will encourage to use SF Symbols from iOS 13 and later, it could be great to add the support inside Adobe XD so iOS designers can also use this software once Apple make their UI Kit available for XD.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  08 : Mobile (iOS)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow to add two actions in a tap trigger (especifically a transition to new artboard + Overlay in destination)

I have multiple artboards that should be called as overlays(O1, 02, 03), I also have a landing (A) that connects to another (B) that includes multiple overlay actions. I want to add a button in artboard A that uses a TAP trigger that has 2 actions, first a transition to artboard B and once is loaded triggers overlay O1.

I also have buttons in another artboard C that does the same but the overlay loaded in artboard B is Overlay O2.

I'm prototyping a complex app that. This solution will save my sanity.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Hover over thumbnail in Recents to see full file path

When attempting to open a file, from the home screen as you open Xd, the "Recent" screen with all the thumbnails truncates all of the file labels so that it is impossible to distinguish between them if you have similar names. Also, hovering over the image doesn't do anything - you have to specifically hover over the file name to see it's full name, and the same with the file path. It would be much better if when we hovered anywhere on whole thumbnail or labels we could see a tool tip with the file whole name, and then the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Change language for text field (font)

In Adobe Illustrator I can change the language for the text field. As you can see the same font look different in illustrator and xd. That because in Illustrator I've changed the language of the text field to Bulgarian. Now font uses a different table for displaying correct Cyrillic glyphs for the Bulgarian language.
    This option missed from XD.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Save to or Push Updates to Master Components

"Save to Master Component" and/or "Push/Save as Master Component", so that any changes you've made to a component can be put into the master.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Update the Google Material Design UI Kit linked in-app (link no longer updated)

The link to Google Material Design is outdated, and the new page does not include an XD document. Can this be updated please making use of the components and button states and other new features?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. RGBA missing in the CSS shadow color in the dev mode

You create an element with a shadow with:
    X: 1 / Y: 1 / B: 4
    color: black opacity 10%

When you choose to share your design in dev mode, the CSS attribute are available.

What do you expect:
    box-shadow: 0px 1px 4px rgba(0,0,0,0.1);
    OR

0000001A;

Current display:
    box-shadow: 0px 1px 4px #0000001A;

Can we have the rgba + this code color?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  03: Share mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Download file from Link

Hi, I don't have the original XD file anymore and wanna download it from shared link including vectors... is that possible?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Exporting animations into .json file (from XD) without using After effect & Lottie

Add the possibility to export micro-animations directly into .json files from Adobe XD.

The process for creating a micro-animation for native iOS & Android app is a real, real pain in the a**. For now, we need to export the design into After Effect, then animate it (again) to export it with Lottie.

Since Adobe XD can create animations pretty easily with auto-animate, we should be able to export an animation straight into .json file (without using After Effect and Lottie). That feature would let us save a lot of time!

61 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Integration with Azure DevOps

Our DevOps teams use Azure DevOps can we have an integration for linking prototypes to Work Items in ADO?

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  07 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Elements disappear when share link is opened on mobile

It would be nice if share links were optimized better on mobile devices. As of right now there are a lot of bugs. Lagging, disappearing elements. Clients like to look at projects on their own devices, but they're not all going to have adobe XD on their own phones. Here's an example of what my screen looks like in XD and what it looks like with a mobile share link. Adobe please fix this.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. dont cache cloud docs (if opened from the machine) locally

my local drive is filled with the cache of previously opened cloud documents. why is the cache not cleared automatically?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Select menu (under, above)

In Illustrator or other adobe products I remember a menu dedicated to selection.
    I'd like to have a collection of selection functions all in one place:
    Something to select items with the same properties.
    Toggle how select all works (all art boards, all visible, or current art board only)
    select all objects above
    select all objects below

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Update placed image layer name when new image replaces

Currently (v30) when an image is dropped into an artboard or placed in a shape it will name the layer with the image file name. It does not change the layer name if that image is replaced.

It would be helpful to have an option to enable the layer to be automatically renamed to the new filename instead of just inheriting the current layer name.

I know there are issues (mostly related to auto-animate) but would be handy as a toggle or check either in preferences (what preferences right?) or as a modal check option on drop.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Ability to copy layout grid

I would find it very useful to be able to copy the settings of the layout Grid of an artboard and paste it onto another. I often come across the situation in which I create new artboards that don't have the settings I need. in this case I need to type them in manually.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Alignment snapping to match paddings and spacing

A very common scenario where I am trying to align an icon to thr right of the screen with a padding like the one I used on the left of the screen. Wouldn't it be cool if XD suggests "Hey you used 16px to align your header to the left of the art board/object would you like to keep icon also to 16px from the right?'

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base