Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about
--------------------------------------------
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: On August 30, 2019 User Voice Bugs forum will transition to read-only.

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Multiple select within groups

I cannot select multiple items within a group by CMD clicking the items on my design. I have to do that on the item side panel which is a pain because when having a lot of items of a sort you have no idea which item is which on the design.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

feature-in-progress  ·  0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Multiple "Reset to master component"

I would like to be able to select multiple components and reset to master, instead of having to do that one at a time.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Comments - @ Mentions should notify the email

In the comments when a mention (@) is used with an email - for e.g. @someone@something.com - It should send an email / notify that email about the comment. That way the user can action that comment. Invision has this feature and is such an important feature.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Change "Who has access" in Share from "Anyone with the link" to "Only invited people" easily

Hi, is there a way to change "Who has access" mode in Share from "Anyone with the link" to "Only invited people" easily? Right now the only way to do that is by creating a new link instead of simply changing the selection in "Who has access" dropdown and update it.

Will this be a possible update in the future?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  03: Share mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Project Dashboard for Shared Project Links

I share a lot of links out to various stakeholders and PO's (providing comments), and developers (using the inspect features). With a big product, I break out my shared links and projects based on features so there are not hundreds of screens to sift through. Right now we have to manually keep track of which shared link is what. It would be nice if there was a project dashboard that would show all the shared links.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Show Presence in Web Links

Similar to Dropbox Paper or Google Docs, I'd love to see who or how many people are viewing my prototype in the web browser. Could especially be helpful when presenting/pitching or when having dev. hand off calls to see who's tuned in.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Share groups of shared prototypes

After you Publish links they will appear in your personal "Published" section- and right now there is only possible to do two actions: Copy Link or Permanently Delete.

Is there a possibility to make a feature that will enable to " Share " or " Share all" these published links so they will appear in the " Shared With You " section of other members? (or another section just a suggestion).

If you have a big project and already have 100+ links there is really challenging to find, manage them or review them. Even If you are using JIRA or…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Being able to save a file in the Cloud and at the same time locally

It would be great, if Xd could save a file in the cloud, and parallel also a copy of the same file locally.

If I work on sensitive projects, I am being asked to also have local copies of the file, in case something goes wrong in the cloud. It would really help, if I didn't had to do this manually.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Notion Plugin for project management

Notion is very powerful application on all platforms, This will allow users to manage the project as they wish to.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Enterprise wide sharing

A way to set a link (prototype and/or design specs) as "share within my organization", so anyone with the link and with an email within my enterprise domain can access the link.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Rasterize Photoshop smart objects on import

Our team is in the process of moving a significant portion of our website/web app design & production pipeline from Photoshop to XD.

Currently, one of our biggest snags involves having to re-import Smart Objects because they lose their appearance in XD. When we have created several Smart Objects in Photoshop, all the effects within that Smart Object disappear when imported to XD:

• Feathered vectors lose their feathered edges

• Blending modes are ignored

• Raster masks are ignored

I understand that it might be a relatively long while before individual Smart Objects can update dynamically from the CC Library (I'm putting…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  07 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Two different types of sharing (as viewer or collaborator) should be in the same place

Two different types of sharing (as viewer vs collaborator) should be in the same place. Now the view share is on the top menu on the left, and the collaboration share is on the right with a user+

Super confusing and doesn't make sense

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  03: Share mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Font Selection Name case insensitive

currently when selecting a font you are able to start typing and fonts will filter.

eg: Trying to select a font named 'DIN' (all caps)

but if I type 'DI' .... it selects the first font 'Didot' and when I type 'N' my typed selection is now 'DiN' which won't pick up 'DIN' (all caps)

Solution make the font selection 'case insensitive'

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Flex, Grid, padding and margin property Frames

My goal is to have a trustable source of truth of my design system outside codes. I already tried hard, but can't do that in a scalable manner, there is always a huge gap, overly because a few features are missing. Flex behaviour, Grid behaviour, consize padding and margin. Maybe they are hard to create or have performance constraints.

To be scalable and to enable my design system to evolve, I build things using principles of the Atomic Design Methodology. Without the above features, having a single tweak on font size on a deeply nested component like a input label…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Copywriting - writer mode

Collaboration with copywriters is still a major pain point, and it seems that none of the tools available are addressing this issue. XD has some great features that bridge the gap between design and development in the same way it would be great to see a feature set that facilitated a more seem-less workflow between copywriters and designers.

Perhaps a tool that would give copywriters edit access to text elements, I imagine a similar workflow to incopy, designers can set specific text fields to be editable by copywriters.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Component states need to share fixed elements

Situation:
    I create a component to represent a live video chat head in a group chat app. I will use a static image for the prototype. The chat head will have several states, including hover, selected, muted, etc. I need to create 30 of these. After I built the component with all the states, I created a repeating grid of them so that I can drag my 30 photos into the components.

Problem 1:
    The drag fails to propagate the photos to the other 29 instances in the grid... it only puts one photo into the drag targeted instance

Why…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Placeholder Fields in Components

When designing components in XD, I create components with placeholder content.

Example: I Have a widget with a title 'Expenses' and placeholder content '$X,XXX.XX'. I do this because I have a variety of screens with the widget that has different values in the placeholder content. Ex: '$9,473.56' or '$7,120.58'.

Whenever I change the master component to update the design, all the instances of placeholder content I created are reverted back to '$X,XXX.XX'.

I need a way to to keep certain texts fields in components from changing when updating components.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. "Use it as a new Master Component" feature

◆ Overview
    After releasing "State" feature, it's been able to prepare complex interactions like "hover." Following feature may help to reduce required time preparing a new component with similar behaviors/instructions.

◆ Actual
    New component with state settings every time when a similar behavior is expected in different look and feel.
    (Currently, preparing another XD file is believed to be the only solution to avoid this by selecting "Make it as local component" after loading it from another XD file.")

◆ Expected
    By select "Use it as a new Master Component" is to make a new Master component instead of copying…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Relinking assets functionality

I have two XD files. One is for Symbols and one is for Exploration with linked assets to the Symbol file. Recently I cleaned up my Symbol file and renamed it with a new version number. Today I realized that my links are going back to the old file Symbol file (which makes sense logically) but is not what I want.

Not sure what I want here but few suggestions:
    - clearer overview where the linked files are coming from
    - possibility to relink
    - when saving a copy of a file, perhaps ask what to do

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Have text boxes match font-size

Right now every font sits differently inside a text box making it very difficult to design text elements to align horizontally. I've uploaded a few images to visualize the issue.

The gray area shows a height in pixels. Text boxes are laid over the gray areas. You'll notice that for the most part the fonts line up correctly from ascender to descender which is that a font-size should be.

The blue area on the left of each example shows how far off from font-size the text box is.

A few observations:

1) You'll notice that as a font gets larger…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback. I’m going to leave this open, but I will say that the current text boxes match the size of the glyphs as defined by the font designer and is not calculated separately by XD. This means that you’ll often find fonts that either have extra padding or insufficient padding to include all pixels in the font, as it’s defined in the font itself. Hope that helps!

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base