Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. Provide support for VS Code plugin Adobe XD Panel's GUI token viewer/editor to specify/select types in addition to the 4 currently provided. These should be design-related types (fontSize, borderRadius, buttonPaddingX, buttonPaddingY are all types that could use a pixel value type).
    I would also like to provide custom transforms to the Style Dictionary implementation to customize the way certain types are transformed (all "size" pixel value-types aren't necessarily treated the same—border radius stays static, font sizes are converted to rem, etc). I'm able to do this with the vanilla implementation of Style Dictionary, but the plugin is very opinionated about…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. There used to be a way where I could see a total number of artboards that I've created, but since the latest update (or two) I can no longer find out how many artboards are in my flow. I have over 250 and I'd prefer not to have to count them all. Has it been moved somewhere else perhaps? It was very useful. Cheers. Great product by the way. Amazing, really. It's a joy to use.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. To be able to define the text box width with 'ch' like in HTML. Similar to what Webflow has implemented: https://webflow.com/feature/control-width-of-text-elements-by-character-count-using-ch-unit

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. We should be able to set negative distance for Stack groups. Would allow to have elements partially hidden under another.

It's possible to do this with Repeat Grid - set negative distance between grid elements. Not sure why you didn't allow us to do the same with Stack.

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. After I place a pin for feedback, when I view it, the pin moves with the scroll, it doesn't stick to the area to which it is supposed to.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve found at least one reproducible issue, and a workaround for you all. The hit area is linked to the group, which now is the rectangular area that encompasses all of the objects included in the group. If this is pinned to the top of the Z-order, the group will capture all pins, which is what happened to at least one person. I’ve attached an image to help you understand where this might be problematic. I’ll change this ticket to reflect that pinning in an “invisible” area should pin to the background.

6. I use XD almost every day for wireframing and prototyping game interfaces for both mobile, PC, and console games. For mobile and PC games I'm pretty happy with the current feature set but I feel like there are a few improvements that would really help those doing UX for console games. Here are a few points, in particular, I'd love to see improved.

1) 'Combination' Trigger type for Interactions
    For interfaces in games you quite often need to press a combination of keys, buttons, or key + click to open menus. It would be great if you could set an…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! UserVoice works best when you file only one suggestion per ticket. I’ll change the title of this one to cover the combination trigger, and I encourage you to file the others as separate tickets.

7. WCAG accessibility standards prescribe that animated elements that cannot be paused by the user and which run for more than 5s break the guidelines. You have a carousel in the startup screen - it'd be great if you followed the basic A requirement set out at https://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG21/#pause-stop-hide

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  8. I see how easy it is to create 3D assets on figma with vectary plugin, would love that option here aswell

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Admin →
  9. Can we have a pin in the reply form field too please?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. When loading Adobe XD files that have existing assets from other documents. This blue alert bar shows up at the bottom of the screen.

"Assets no longer update across documents without a library. Publish a library from source document to continue using linked assets. Learn more"

This message is not helpful because it doesn't tell me which assets in the document are cross linked.

Working in a corporate environment with many designers and existing documents means there is no way for me to know which assets have been cross posted.

Please add a way to turn on and off a…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. The previous export settings let you say what resolution the asset was designed at (very flexible)---the new one doesn't allow for this and makes it much harder when designing at higher resolution and wanting to automate scaling down.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Like the 'diamond' symbol you have for components, please add a symbol identifying characters that use a style from the library.
    Also, how do we unlink a text from a library-style?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! UserVoice works best when you file only one suggestion per ticket.

I’ll keep this open for identifying the character style in the design. As for your question, you can change the text formatting in the property inspector to the right and automatically unlink it from the character style in your assets panel.

13. I want you to be able to enter decimal numbers in the padding numbers of the group.
    It is inconvenient that you can handle the decimal point for other positions and sizes, but not the value here.
    When considering character units (em, rem, etc.) as a reference when coding CSS, there are cases where a decimal point is required when converting to px, so I would like you to be able to enter a decimal point here as well.

要望 グループのパディングの数値に小数(decimal)で入力

グループのパディングの数値に小数(decimal)で入力できるようにして欲しい。
    他の位置やサイズなどは小数点を扱えるがここの値は扱えないのが不便です。
    CSSコーディングの際に文字単位(em,remなど)を基準として考える場合、px換算すると小数点が必要になるケースがあるので、ここも小数点の数値が入力できるようにして欲しい。

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. The new stacking function is very good and complements the padding function.

However, on some occasions the direction of the stacks is not necessarily (from top to bottom) or (from left to right).

I believe that adding two more stack options: (from bottom to top) and (from right to left) can improve the creation of interfaces more easily.

81 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I am trying to create multiple flows within an artboard and can't find how artboards that should not be included in the flow are being included. I think this is caused by having shared components between artboards which makes the flow consider a screen with the same component part of it.

Request is to be able to remove artboards from a flow regardless of if a path or component links it.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 104 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Alternating between pixels and percentages is a must. That's the only essential missing feature preventing a complete migration to a full Adobe workflow

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. We have so many shared links that gets lost in a sea of chaos. Sometimes we are asked to edit links that we cant find the source file name for.

REQUEST

Add the source XD filename to all shared links so it's easy to find when asked to edit when the share link is all we have as a reference.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I would LOVE a way to distinguish if a component is a document asset vs a linked CC library asset and swap them quickly, both individually and in bulk. Let me explain my use case for you: I had a designer create some components and screens in a separate file (bc the cloud file kept crashing) and I thought there would be an easy way to merge the files later, but turns out, I've spent HOURS fixes this. I copied/pasted the local assets from her file into the library, then individually clicked "Edit Main Component" then had to open the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I think XD should be feature like Renaming & Swap Symbol like Sketch & Figma. Where I can easily rename any selected component, layer, group or art board and easily swap symbol instead of drag and drop.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! You can currently rename components in the assets panel. You can already swap components by dragging any component over any other component instance to replace one component to another. I’ll change this suggestion to reflect that.