Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about
--------------------------------------------
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: On August 30, 2019 User Voice Bugs forum will transition to read-only.

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Drag guides from anywhere

It would be great to be able to drag guides from anywhere, not just the top and left of an art board. Sometimes I am editing a master component on the pasteboard and I cannot grab any guides. Other times I am zoomed in or at the bottom of a long page and I have to zoom out go and grab a guide and then find my place again. I would like to be able to get guides no matter where I am, I am thinking of allowing them to be pulled out globally from the top of the interface…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Function to link multiple XD files so that multiple products can link

I want a function that allows multiple XD files to work together. This is a viewpoint for a "system" in which multiple products operate in conjunction.
    Necessary for designing the linkage between a smartphone and a watch.
    This perspective should become very important in a few years.

It is not that multiple users operate XD at the same time.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Plugin for Grammar.ly

PLEASE ADD GRAMMARLY PLUGIN IN XD

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Warning before closing

With autosaving documents in cloud, when I accidentally hit Cmd+Q it closes instantly the XD app and all opened documents without any warning. It is annoying because I have to reopen all previously opened documents.
    Google Chrome has this option that warns you to press Cmd+Q twice to close the Chrome (in case you hit it accidentally, which is not that difficult having W, that closes single document, sitting right next to Q). It also gives you the possibility to reopen all previously opened tabs, this might be useful too.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. select state for multiple instances

When I select now multiple instances of a component I can’t set the state anymore. This is the power of Sketch I still miss in XD and holds me back. Editing everything 1 by 1 in complex UI’s with dozens of artboards and variations is simply annoying. Same for swapping nested components. Currently it’s all or one 😕

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Edit somthing in the "default state" in a master component with multiple other states - destroys all other states

Edit somthing in the "default state" in a master component with multiple other states - this will destroy all other states.

You will have to start over completely as this will mess up the interactions totally from one state to another and then you have to copy ALOT of things on the rest of canvas if you find of this late in the proces.

FIX ASAP!!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Use voice commands to design in XD

I am proposing a thought for Adobe XD which inculcates new feature and technology of using voice as source of fast communication.

“As we can create an interactive prototype with speech in XD, it would be better if we can create our screens (wireframes, visual designs) by using human speech. Human command will work effectively and quickly than creating manually. For example, for creating a square of 50X50 with rounded corners and having stroke of 2 px with some specific color will take some 1 min of time but by using human language same task can be completed within fraction…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Duplicate guides using opt/alt key and cmd+D/ctrl+D

XD is becoming dominant, and I love the Guide featured added in XD. However, the guide can be even further improved if you add a feature allowing duplicate the guide or create a guide using the guide itself.

Details:
    Unlike Photoshop and Illustrator, XD artboards don't have a fixed ruler on the interface. Guides can be added from the top and left artboard borders, which is fine. The issue is when we are working with a zoomed level on any object, the top and left edge of the artboard is not accessible, and creating a guide either we have to…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add zoom in/out shortcuts in share mode

Currently when you go to the share mode, the cursor automatically changes the drag mode. You can zoom in/out by clicking on the zoom tool at the top left or at by pressing Z in your keyboard.

I don't know if it was intentional to remove the alt + scroll to zoom shrortcut, but I think it would be best if we have that.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  03: Share mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Keyboard shortcuts for changing component states.

With a component selected, a keyboard shortcut to cycle through its possible states would save a lot of mousing between artboards and the LHS panel. This is particularly true for screens with multiple components. If they could all be selected and reset to default and cycled through their states, this would be a helpful addition

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. XD integration to Marvel app

Able to integrate the Adobe XD file into Marvelapp or plugin, so that can utilise the design handoff for developer and Design system if possible. Thanks!

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  07 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Selective style copy/paste

When you copy a style, it copies everything. It would be great if there was a paste special style hotkey. When you press this hotkey (or select from right-click), it pops up a dialog where you can pick WHAT you want copied.

Often, I want the border, shadow styles to copy, but not the fill, since XD uses the fill to add images, then the image gets overridden. This is especially true for a lot of screenshots in product sites and also team icons of profile photos, etc.

PS. Not everyone wants to create a component for small design tests,…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. [Component State] Promote a copy to "Official".

Hello,

Sometime in the life of a component a copy becomes better than its parent :). At this moment it could be interesting to promote it to official so it's not necessary to create a totaly new component.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/component-state-promote-a-copy-to-quot-official-quot/m-p/10757274#M19252

Tks.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Keyboard shortcut for "Fix Position When Scrolling"

For your consideration, it would be awesome to have a keyboard shortcut for applying "Fix Position When Scrolling" to selected elements.

It would save me time when having to re-apply this setting to certain elements after being manipulated or grouped/un-grouped.

That's all, just a lil click-saver suggestion.

Thanks!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Master component versioning

A way to review all edits/changes made to a master component. For instance, a team is sharing a Design System and wants to see all the changes made to a component should they need to revert back and see who on their team made the change.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Annotate in design mode and have annotations publish to prototypes and design specs

Add a comment to an element in design mode. If I want to explain to my client, that the background he sees now, is actually in motion, comments are a good tool. The downside: I have to publish my design first in order to add comments to it. My request: The ability to add comments to an element in design mode. Those comments should then be visible in the shared review and / or the design specs. (like: this button changes on hover...)

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Break apart Object plugin

May you make a plugin "Break apart objects".

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Copy Component States

A newbie here. There might be a way to do this without overcomplicating like i might have done. So:

I was building a table where i have the family of a product on one row for example "Wood" and it's children, for example "birch wood", "pine", etc.and to separate the "Parent Row" ( please see photo 1 ) which is a dropdown, from the "Child Row" ( please see photo 2 ) i had to create a new component and then build up the states again. Also for the "stock warning" one ( please see photo 3 ) i had…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Support for macOS Catalina Sidecar

Is XD going to have capability with MacOS 10.15 Catalina’s new SideCar feature? Apple announced that Select apps such as Illustrator would have support, but I’m not sure if XD will have support.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base