Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Grayscale default color options

give some gray tint options for wire frames

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Highlight All Downloadable Assets

Highlight All Downloadable Assets in the document, and allow the user to keep them highlighted, and jump between them at 100% scale-view to see them close up, and make any one not-downloadable. The managemet of assets in XD in the current state not usable for professional design teams. It's too oriented to the individual designer only.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  03: Share mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Snap points in scroll groups

Let the user set points (similar to anchor links in artboards) so the animation snaps in scroll groups.
    The scenario is to prototype app icons in several menu pages situation, so you scroll right and left snapping to each page.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Have a shared library for multiple XD files and have it set as the main library in a new document

I work with clients and design partners from different companies and I use the collaboration tools extensively. I even had to call support to fix my device because the XD files were over 1GB and were crashing the software.

Currently, I'm reaching the limit of the artboard size and want to share the library to new XD files in order to continue to contribute and grow the brand library of assets (as this is considerably smaller than the whole XD file).

So, I would like to have the possibility to set a shared library in a new XD file as…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  03: Share mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Bind controller layouts

Ofter when creating a prototype for console games, we need to set all the keys for EACH controller model, the prototype easily becomes a monster.
    What I propose is a tool where the designer can set the key equivalences for all controllers that work on adobe XD. In a way that if I set B on xbox one controller, I can set in a sheet, that we would have same behaviour on circle for play station 4/5, set the keys for xbox X, etc. This would be extremely helpful. I am sending you one picture of a feature prototype, that…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Ability to update selected artboards rather the updating the entire prototype

most of my project are huge and heavy, not less than 200 artboard

I would like the ability to update certain or specific artboards on the link rather than uploading all the link again

that's time-consuming.

plus some times I would like to share specific changes done with my manager while other changes are still under going-which I don't want my manager to see yet

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Show Component Dependencies

When working with linked components, there are often times when individual components will 'mysteriously' not allow operations like delete, make local, etc.
    This is usually because the selected component is a sub-component another compound components.
    The process of finding out which other components in the library depend on the selected components is difficult even for the designer who created the components. It's nearly impossible for collaborators.

If a function like "Show Dependencies" were added to the right-click context menu of components that fall into this category, it would be much easier to manage.

I envision this feature as filtering the…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow ability to share whole design file vs Flow within file

Why am I being forced to only share a flow within the larger art file when I try to share dev links? Im unable to unclick Flow 1 in this scenario. I want the share the desktop implementations in the same link as well..

Hope to be contacted by support with the solution. Hopefully this feature already exists. thx

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  03: Share mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add the source XD filename to all shared links

We have so many shared links that gets lost in a sea of chaos. Sometimes we are asked to edit links that we cant find the source file name for.

REQUEST

Add the source XD filename to all shared links so it's easy to find when asked to edit when the share link is all we have as a reference.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Ensure component states are supported by XD development API

I'm using a platform, called Zeroheight, to create my company design system. It has a plugin that integrates with Adobe XD.
    I'm trying to display, on my design system, all the components states and be able to interact with them on the platform.
    I was informed by the support team of zeroheight that the adobe XD API doesn't support states and for that reason, they can't have access to components states.

This would really add value to my work! Thanks.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  06 : Extensibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Return to home artboard while in desktop preview

As a user, when using Desktop Preview, I would like to go back to the beginning of a flow. Please allow Command-Return, just like what is used to start Desktop Preview, to return the user to the beginning of a flow.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Do not show Libraries panel when opening document

The libraries panel is always shown when I open a file and it's a bit annoying. I wish this was collapsed by default, or even better have the program remember what my display looked like the last time I closed that particular file (for instance, if I had the layers panel shown when I closed a file, then when I open the file again that panel would show by default).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Roll-off state

Hi, I raised this is the XD Adobe Community and I was recommended to post it here:
    I love XD. Please could you facilitate mouse 'roll off'' events/states/triggers whatever you want to call them, to hover states. I just want a hover animation to play, then when the mouse 'rolls off' the hotspot, the hover state remains the same rather than return to the default state. If I remember correctly this is something from the old Flash days, it's even in InDesign! Please can you get it in XD? There isn't a workaround either and creating multiple artboards is just…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Adjust measurement decoration size

I'm an Adobe XD user and I have a 34" monitor. I'm having trouble getting my eyes closer to the monitor because the Measurements (Alt) view is too small.

I request for a font size setting of +- Measurements (Alt) font for a widescreen monitor (example: 34").

And when I use a red background. The Measurements (alt) color becomes faint/not visible..

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Search comments

It would be great to be able to search through all of the comments on a file. We make extensive notes for our development teams and the ability to quickly find a particular comment saves us a ton of time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Put the tooltips above the mouse not under it please!

Can you please put the tooltips ABOVE above or above the mouse not under it! This is so annoying. Why would you put tooltips under the mouse so we can't read them? I'm old and my eyes are going and my mouse cursor is big so all the tooltips get placed under them.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow Adjacent/Overlapping Component States

Currently if you create two component states with adjacent areas they will trigger each other when used even if there is no area which actually overlaps. I've included an example of what I mean in the video.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Roll back the dropdown menu background color

The black text on dark grey is VERY hard on my eyes--I can barely see it with the contrast.
    I know that low contrast is the trend right now, but it is a serious functional issue--I can't SEE your features to use them.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. File > Open > Shared with you > Sort by: File owner name

When opening a file previously shared with me, I wish there was a way to search or filter by a teammate's name.

Today I wanted to open an older file that I know John S. shared with me but I cannot recall the file name or when it was shared. If I had the option to filter by people who have shared with me, this would help track down the file and save
    much time on searching.

Current workaround is to search through email notifications.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base