Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about
--------------------------------------------
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: On August 30, 2019 User Voice Bugs forum will transition to read-only.

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Relink components to a different master

It would be helpful to relink all instances of a linked component in a given document to a different component, in similar fashion to relinking an image in InDesign to a different external image source.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Export style sheet for developers

Dev gets confused about what styles are what. I thought the XD Share for Dev link would have the styles in the sidebar, but there are none. I even have a master document with all of my assets: fonts, colors, and elements. Now I have to go back in and manually annotate what fonts are connected to what styles.. It would be a small addition, but would be super great in striving to better communicate with my dev team. Thank you for your consideration!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  09: Design Specs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Disable arrow key navigation in desktop preview

Hey Adobe, may update is great, Keyboard trigger is great but…(always a "but")
    I made a prototype that i can manipulate with the arrows and i don't want the native left and right navigation to be active when i test my prototype.
    I think a little option is missing in a general project parameters.

Thank you !

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Keyboard shortcut between text inputs

It would be great to have a shortcut to jump between text inputs, including within repeat grids.

For example, tab to move to next text box.

Example image shows why this is necessary, I have a lot of similar pages that require typing in a lot of different text boxes.

Thank you

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Hide viewport line from artboard

Hi, I would like the viewport dotted line not to be visible while I am designing. Sometimes I just like to have a bird-eye view on my design and I don't want more clutter there.
    It can be only the indicator in the left side active, and on click the dotted line can appear.

Thanks!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Nesting components across files

I have 2 files, lets say A file and B file. in A file I have a big component (like header) and I want to use a small component (button) created in the B file in this bigger component present in the A file. I use the big component in both files. Now it works like that: I have to go the file A and insert a copy of the small component into the big one. The problem is when I update the small component master - it turns out that the update will not be made in the bigger…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Highlight objects that use a color as a border from assets panel

when you highlight a color on the canvas from the assets panel it does not highlight color when it is used as a border. I would expect to see the color highlighted regardless of it being a fill or border, is this a bug?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 'Flow view' in shared web prototype

Please add the flow view also in the 'Share for review' link.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  03 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Apply text from the document to repeat grid

What if we could add text rows ALSO directly from Xd withous using TXT files? Here is my suggestion to make repeat grid better IMHO.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Templates to design Emails

Build in email design and prototyping features. XD already shines in its ability to quickly layout a single email design or campaign, but it really isn't designed to build emails. Yes, emails can already be built quickly and handed off to developers using XD. But, if XD would incorporate a few features geared to emails it would be a great and welcome asset. Features like; templated documents for common email sizes. Maybe templated headers for To:, From:, and Subject:. Maybe UI kits with email header elements.

I'm sure others can contribute more specific feature suggestions.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Ensure Design Specs and Prototypes look significantly different

Share for Review & Share for Development are so similar in terms of interface and it's so confusing because I end up commenting on the wrong one every time since they look too much the same.

It would be better if for e.g. the Developer's one has a different Background etc...

And please, although there is already a request for it, add the get/send notifications for updates

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  03 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Rectangular Marquee Measurement Tool

A tool that allowed me to make rectanular measurements would be useful. It could behave like the selecting marquee tools in PS.
    https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/selecting-marquee-tools.html

This would be valuable because it would quickly give more specs to parts of the mockup that are not always XD elements. For example, if there was part of a mockup that was a screenshot, the XD measurement tools are not as accurate. Also is helpful for finding sizes of invisible containers. This would allow developers to freely grab measurements quickly for anything on the page.

Thank you!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  09: Design Specs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Show Gradient Stops Percent

Currently there's no way to know the percentage of the Gradient Stops.

I need to know where each color on the gradient is (from 0 to 1 or 0% to 100%) in order to translate this into code for an App.

In the image attached you can see the problem. Tell me where the middle circle is. It's not at 50%, maybe 57%? Maybe 55%? This wastes development time for something so simple.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Support negative values in paragraph spacing

The ability to add minus values in the paragraph spacing box to decrease paragraph spacing from default.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Transform component/assets highlight into an active selection.

Currently, you can select a colour, character style or component and right-click > Highlight on Canvas. Wich will highlight with a blue border anything using those styles on the artboards.

This is very nice but not so useful, as you'll still have to manually edit or change one by one the objects you want to update.

It would be really nice if this highlight was an active selection, or that you could transform that highlight into an active selection, so the update process of an old artboard into a new design system isn't totally a manual process.

Thanks!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Custom artboard shapes

There is only 1 corner style at present in adobeXD,when you create new artboard. In reality screens have different shapes like for example Watch screens are also circular so there should be option to adjust that.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Show scroll bar in published prototypes

When you share a prototype with a client, it isn't immediately obvious that the design is scrollable. I have had a couple of instances of clients not knowing that the designs continue below the fold. An obvious scroll bar added to the prototype view when shared would solve this.

75 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  03 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. save for web feature like photoshop for exporting assets

When I export assets from xd, it generally takes more space. And I can't directly import files from xd to photoshop, so first I have to import into illustrator and then to photoshop and then I can use save for web to optimize my assets.
    So please incorporate a feature so that I can directly export assets from xd with compression.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  03 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Keyboard shortcut for searching elements

Cmd+F, Ctrl+F to launch the layers panel and give focus to search

with the key ctrl + f you can search for elements

same as browser

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?