Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. You can protect the prototype with a password only when you create the link, not when the link already exists. I want to be able to make a publicly shared link password protected without having to communicate a new link.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. When working on a cloud document, XD frequently autosaves which is great however, when working on a shared internet connection this causes issues. Each time XD autosaves ( which can be pretty constantly ) it effectively kills our internet for other users. It would be great to be able to turn Autosave off or control how frequently it occurs.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  3. ◆ Overview
    After releasing "State" feature, it's been able to prepare complex interactions like "hover." Following feature may help to reduce required time preparing a new component with similar behaviors/instructions.

◆ Actual
    New component with state settings every time when a similar behavior is expected in different look and feel.
    (Currently, preparing another XD file is believed to be the only solution to avoid this by selecting "Make it as local component" after loading it from another XD file.")

◆ Expected
    By select "Use it as a new Master Component" is to make a new Master component instead of copying…

737 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Import images directly from WebDam into your design

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Admin →
  5. Have the ability to create simple gifs rather than leaving XD to make simple gifs in PSD or AE.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. It would be if we could convert a shape from like say an ellipse to a square just as in illustrator, so as to not waste time to recreate icons if I want to change from circular icons to square. As previously stated for software that was made to save time it sure does waste a lot, especially, when it comes to the fact that things like this are standard/were thought out already in other adobe software & could have easily been implemented.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. What I ask is very simple: add an horizontal scroll bar to the layers panel, so I can scroll it without the need to resize and making my prototype working area even smaller than it already is. This is a very common aproach to IDEs on the folders panel, despite allowing resizing, they always have an horizontal scroll bar to help navigation on deep levels or small monitors.

This feature would be very appreciated for people with deep components hierarchy levels or smaller monitors.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I have a page that scrolls. The assets at the bottom cannot be viewed because the developer mode doesn't recognize the scroll. I scroll to the bottom, and then change to developer view and the assets I can select are still the same as before I scrolled, just invisible.

This is an issue for a developer team because they can't see the details of the buttons.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow padding to work even if the background is a component. Currently, there's no easy way to have a component "shrinkwrap" around it's content, as you would commonly want with a card or panel.

Put another way, the limitations on https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/set-fixed-padding-for-components-groups.html# specifically state: "Components ... cannot act as a background for a group or component." Please remove this limitation!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Shape/component fill container (stack).
    Example:

Let's say I have a horizontal stack with two squares and 20px margin between them. It would be really helpful if I could set one or both squares to fill the stack (container). This way If I want to resize the stack as a whole the two squares would automatically resize.

This does wonders for responsive layouts.
    Figma has this feature already and it works great.

Love what you are doing with XD, I've been using it since day 1 and this is he only thing that's missing for me.

Keep up the great work…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Admin →
  11. I have to tiles next to each other, that each have a hover state. But since the hover state is bigger than the original tile and it streches across the neighboring tile, i can only ever correctly show the hover on one tile. The other tile (which is layered above the first tile) hides part of it.

This is very annoying, because I cannot properly show the supposed interaction.

I need to be able to select something like "on hover select state 'hover' and bring element to front"
    or
    hide the hover element to show it on interaction with the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Since tga is a pretty common standard in Game Development, because of its capabilities of saving a seperated alpha channel. Just be able to export tga right from XD without the need of Photoshop would speed up my prozess.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. With the current specifications, if the component file owner's account expires,
    There is no way to maintain a relationship with the shared instance file.
    The above is a big problem when handing over to a third party.

Create a component and an instance in the same document and
    You can save it locally, but
    It is not realistic because the data will be recreated.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  15. It would be great to be able to use a remote keyboard and/or a gamepad trigger on mobile devices like smartphones and tablets. Nowadays even a small smartphone can be used to present a project and these remote triggers would be very helpful.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I work on a path planning project.
    User must preview the path.

I NEED to produce several iterations of the same path animation, with different colors or informations.
    XD will allow me to implement the path representations in the app, without reproducing the user journey in After Effects : It becomes "real"
    Then I can test each version of the path, very easily, and get precious feedbacks

After Effect is the tool => export a transparent video
    because AFAIK it doesn't export transparent gif

Back into XD, my app structure (background, menus, etc) remains unchanged, and we can test every…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I detailed the process in support : https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd-discussions/drag-transition-on-an-component-with-hover-state-inside-a-xy-scrollable-area-not-so-easy/td-p/12596044

a clear example of what's missing is attached
    (source here : https://helpx.adobe.com/fr/xd/help/create-scroll-groups.html)
    It is fine to drag a map. But drag interaction of an item snapped on the map won't work…

The idea is to be able to recreate drag/drop interaction inside draggable area.
    exactly like the way you move a pin on a map.
    pin has a :
    - initial status
    - hover status
    - (optional) in progress (during the move) status
    - released status

while the map remains draggable, and the pin location attached to the map as a…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. create a keyboard shortcut for 'add state' please. or better, a suite of keyboard shortcuts affiliated with adding all the different type of states to a component.

When working through a suite of icons, for example, this is a very tedious process to have to manually repeat 2 states per icon using the mouse to hover over and click every time.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I hope to find a plugin that allows me to export my complete web design from XD to WordPress with all prototypes and effects in minutes.

67 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. The ability to set column amount and gutter size within a single text box.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)